有吗
Thank you.
谢谢你
Do you ever use a desktop computer?
你使用台式电脑吗
Of course. Marvelous things.
当然了 多奇妙的东西
You're aware that they did not exist in 1975?
你知道他们在1975年的时候还不存在吗
What do you mean?
你什么意思
How do you think we made it to the moon a few years ago?
你认为我们几年前才登月吗
Here's a photo of Avalon headquarters
这是阿瓦隆总部的照片
in 1975.
在1975年
Not a computer in sight.
看不见电脑
Oh, the desktop models came in
电脑模型的出世了
just after that photo was taken.
就在这张照片被拍摄以后
We're a very successful company.
我们是一家非常成功的公♥司♥
We can afford the newest technology.
我们买♥♥得起最新的技术
And you can certainly afford to expand.
是啊 你肯定能承受商业扩张
Let's see, in 1975,
让我们看看 在1975年
Avalon had 22 stores.
阿瓦隆有二十二家门店
And now you have 900.
现在你有九百家
Uh, are you telling me you're not aware of the difference?
你是在告诉我们 你分不清其中的差别吗
Mr. Barba, if you understood business,
巴尔巴先生 如果你理解商业
you'd know how rapidly a successful company can grow.
你就知道一家成功的公♥司♥能扩张地多快
From 22 to 900 like...?
从二十二家到九百家就弹指一挥间
Well, the planning has been going on for years.
是这样 规划已经进展了很多年
You... you really don't understand this, do you?
你真的不明白这个 是吗
Do you know what this is?
你知道这是什么吗
A telephone.
一部电♥话♥
Really? This looks like
真的吗 这看起来像一部
a 1970s telephone to you?
上世纪七十年代的电♥话♥吗
My God.
天呐
I remember when phones were attached to the wall.
我记得电♥话♥连接在墙上
They had this little, round dial,
他们有个小小的圆形表盘
you'd put your finger in and turn it.
你把手指放进圆盘里 然后转动它
Back in the '70s.
回到了七十年代
Uh, actually, 1950s,
实际上 是二十世纪五十年代
but I may be a little older than you.
但或许我比你更老一点
You're certainly more experienced, sir.
你肯定更有经验 先生
So, um, the night of, this, uh, party,
所以那天晚上 这个派对
where you gave Sarah Morrissey Quaaludes,
在那里你给了莎拉·莫里西安♥眠♥酮♥
what were you celebrating?
你在庆祝什么
My birthday.
我的生日
Your 75th.
你的七十五岁生日
That was a gag.
你在胡说八道
How old are you?
你多大了
As young as I feel.
就像年轻时那样
And... I feel pretty good.
我感觉很好
One last question.
最后一个问题
Are you aware that drugging and raping women
你知道下药和强♥奸♥妇女
was illegal in 1975?
在1975年是违法的吗
Ob... objection.
反对
Withdrawn.
我撤回
Nothing further.
没有别的问题了
Unfortunately, your grandfather's insanity defense
很不幸 你祖父以精神失常作为辩护理由
seems to be working.
似乎起作用了
He's a terrific actor.
他是个绝佳的演员
You didn't tell us that you and Sarah
你没告诉我们你和莎拉
had a late-night drink with your grandfather.
以及你祖父一起深夜对饮
If that's true, it's important information.
如果那是真的 那是重要信息
It could help prove that your grandfather drugged Sarah.
可以佐证你祖父给莎拉下了药
Eric, why are you protecting him?
埃里克 你为什么要维护他
Because he's a good person. No.
因为他是个好人 不
He isn't.
他不是
He's a selfish, disgusting...
他是个自私自利 令人厌恶的
You're just mad 'cause he fired you.
你不过是因为他解雇了你而发火
And 'cause my loser mother had a crush on him.
而且我那废物母亲还对他有好感
What'd you just say?
你刚才说什么
I'm just telling you what Grandpa told me,
我只是转述爷爷告诉我的
that my mom was a party girl
说我妈妈是个派对女孩
who liked to have fun.
喜欢寻欢作乐
Hey, hey, hey.
嘿 嘿 嘿
Shut your mouth!
闭上你的嘴
You hear me?
听到了没
Don't you ever talk that way about your mother.
不许那样说你妈妈
Ever!
绝对不准
Fine.
好吧
But I'm not testifying against Grandpa.
但我不会作对爷爷不利的证词的
You need help putting my father away?
你们需要帮忙把我父亲关起来吗
Put me on the stand.
让我来作证
Mr. Hendricks, how often do you see your father?
亨德里克斯先生 你多久见你父亲一次
Once a month at Avalon board meetings.
每月一次的阿瓦隆董事会议上
And at these board meetings, does he usually
那在那些董事会议上 他通常看起来
seem to know what century he's in?
像是知道自己在第几世纪吗
He's never given any indication that he doesn't.
他从来没显露过他不知道
Can you think of any reason he'd be faking a mental illness?
你能想到他伪装精神疾病的理由吗
Objection. The witness is not an expert.
反对 证人并非专家
He's an expert on his father.
关于他父亲他是个专家
Overruled. The witness may answer.
反对无效 证人可以回答
Yes, he doesn't want to go to jail.
是的 他不想进监狱
Indeed.
确实如此
You are aware, aren't you,
你是知道的 对吧
that your father was recently declared
你父亲在最近的民事法庭中
incapable in a civil proceeding?
被宣判无行为能力
Brought by my sister so that
由我妹妹提起
she could take over the company.
以便她可以接管公♥司♥
Right, right.
是的 是的
She's next in line to run it, isn't she?
她是运营的接♥班♥人 不是吗
Yes, she is.
对 她是
Yeah, and weren't you the heir apparent
不过之前你才是
at one point?
法定继承人吗
Objection. Relevance.
反对 与案件无关
Goes to the credibility of the witness.
事关证人的信誉
I'll allow it.
允许提问
Mr. Hendricks, isn't it true
亨德里克斯先生 几年前
that your father booted you out of the company
不正是你父亲把你踢出了公♥司♥
a few years ago and installed your sister in your place?
然后让你妹妹代替了你的位置吗
And... and you dislike him for that, don't you?
而且 而且你也因此反感他 不是吗
He didn't boot me out. I walked away.
他没把我踢出去 是我辞职了
Really?
是么
Really? Well...
是么 那么.
Does this, uh,
那篇
newspaper article from 1996,
那篇1996年的新闻文章
does this refresh your memory?
这个唤起点你的记忆没有
Could... could you, uh... Could you read it, please?
能不能 能不能请你读一下
"Lawrence Hendricks Junior, pictured here with
"小劳伦斯·亨德里克斯 在此
"His wife, Monica, and his father,
"和他的夫人 莫妮卡 与他父亲
"Lawrence Hendricks Senior,
"老劳伦斯·亨德里克斯合影留念
"Toasting the younger Hendricks' appointment
"为任命亨德里克斯为
as Chief Operating Officer of Avalon Stores."
"阿瓦隆百货首席运营官祝酒庆祝"
You were pretty happy there, weren't you?
那时你挺高兴的 不是吗
I guess.
我想是的
Yeah, and then, two months later,
是啊 接着 两个月后
you're out, exiled to the company's foundation.
你出局了 被流放到公♥司♥的基金会
Do you still insist
你依然坚称
that you hold no ill will towards your father?
你对你父亲没有任何憎恨吗
It's not a secret that I don't like him very much.
我不喜欢他这件事不是什么秘密
Right, so you wouldn't mind
是的 那你也不介意
seeing him go to jail?
看到他进牢房♥是吗
Objection. Argumentative.
反对 争议性问题
Withdrawn. It's very clear why this witness is here.
收回 这名证人出庭的原因已经很明显了
Mr. Hendricks,
亨德里克斯先生
why are you here?
你为什么出庭
To tell the truth.
剧集 | 法律与秩序:特殊受害者(1999) | 导航列表