法官大人 请允许我上前说话
Your Honor, may I approach?
加里·贝尔不在目击者名单上
Gary Bell's not on the witness list.
我们根本不清楚他是谁而且为什么会被传唤
We have no idea who he is or why he's being called.
他是斯特拉斯莫尔的门卫
He's a doorman at the Strathmore.
他这几天自愿决定出面
He just recently came forward.
那么他的证词关键点是什么
And what is the crux of his testimony?
他听说柯莱特夫人提及到汤姆·梅特卡夫称为汤姆
That he heard Mrs. Collett refer to Tom Metcalf as Tom,
而不是奥尔登 她知道梅特卡夫真实身份
not Alden. She knew who Metcalf was.
在他们第三次或是第四次发♥生♥关♥系♥时
After the third or fourth time they had sex,
梅特卡夫全招了
Metcalf came clean.
他告诉了她他的真实身份之后
He told her who he really was,
总之她还是和他上♥床♥了
and she kept sleeping with him anyway.
完全心甘情愿
So much for no consent.
梅特卡夫说你在和他上了三四次床的时候
Metcalf says that you knew his real name,
就已经知道他的真实名字了
that you had sex with him three or four times.
他在撒谎
That's a lie!
我们就发生了一次关系 在酒店 只有那次
We had sex once, at the hotel, and that is it,
而且我从不知道...不知道他的真实姓名直到那晚
and I never... I never knew his real name until that night.
如果我真知道那畜生是谁
Why would I put myself through all this
我还会经历这些事吗
if I knew who this pig really was?
我的儿子瞧不起我
My son can barely look at me!
我丈夫正准备和我离婚
My husband is going to file for divorce.
我们相信你 我们的确相信
We believe you. We do.
现在 你记得你见过这个男人吗
Now, do you remember seeing this man?
加里·贝尔 你们俩有一晚一起喝酒的那栋楼
Gary Bell, he was the doorman at the building
他在那里当门卫
where you two had drinks one night.
我不知道 我真不知道 或许
I don't know. I don't know... maybe.
这有什么区别 我从没有叫过他汤姆 从没有
What difference does it make? I never called him Tom, ever.
他很快就可以逃之夭夭了 是吗
He's gonna get away with this, isn't he?
这整个...这整个事情 这整个案件
This whole... this whole thing, this whole case
就是在浪费时间
has been a big waste of time.
你为什么要让我去作证
Why did you tell me to testify?
好了 关于这个门卫我们了解有多少
Okay, so what do we know about this doorman?
他和梅特卡夫上了同一所高中
He and Metcalf went to the same high school.
搜索了网上的毕业册
Found the yearbook online.
这是一张他们俩在手工艺课上的合照
Here's a picture of them together in shop class.
所以他俩互相认识 但是为什么他愿意为他撒谎
So they know each other, but why is he willing to lie for him
而且让他进入豪华大楼呢
and give him access to a luxury condo?
这应该不仅仅是朋友间的感情
It's about more than friendship.
我和贝尔在他上个工作酒店里的管♥理♥员♥聊过
I spoke with Bell's supervisor at the last hotel he worked at...
他是梅普尔顿酒店的夜班经理 对吗
He was the night manager at the Mapleton, right?
在他给女厕所
Till he got fired for
安装摄像头被炒之前是
setting up a camera in the women's restroom.
好吧 这就是了 他是个偷♥窥♥者
Well, there you go. He's a watcher.
怪不得我们在梅特卡夫的电脑里找不到任何性♥爱♥录影带
No wonder we never found any sex tapes on Metcalf's computer.
因为他根本没有拍摄受害者视频
Because he wasn't filming the vics.
是他的朋友贝尔干的
His friend Bell was.
好的 但鉴证组说那儿没有指纹
Okay, but CSU said that there were no prints
并且相机里也没有证据
and no evidence on that camera.
是啊 但是门卫并不知道那些
Yeah, but the doorman doesn't know that.
我不确定我们在这是干啥
I'm not sure what we're doing here.
贝尔先生的证词是不会改的
Mr. Bell's testimony is not going to change.
听到什么就是什么
He heard what he heard.
-拍到什么也就是什么 -什么
- And he filmed what he filmed. - Sorry?
你拍了你的朋友
You filmed your friend
梅特卡夫和他的各种受害者性♥爱♥视频
Metcalf and his various victims having sex.
我什么都没拍过
I didn't film nothing.
你的指纹在摄像头上到处都是
Your fingerprints were all over the camera.
你可能还在上面签了名
You might as well have autographed it.
非法监视可是重罪
Unlawful surveillance is a felony.
意味着你要去坐牢 我们将对你进行指控
That means prison, and we'll be filing those charges soon.
唯一的问题是
The only question is...
我还要指控你做伪证吗
will I also be filing perjury charges?
你同意为梅特卡夫撒谎是因为
You agreed to lie for Metcalf because he threatened to out you
他利用你制♥作♥的这些非法性♥爱♥视频来威胁你 对吗
for making those illegal sex videos, right?
但是现在我们也知道关于这些视频的事了
But now that we know about those videos too,
你没有理由再去为梅特卡夫撒谎了
you got no reason to lie for Metcalf.
换我 我宁可说出真♥相♥
I'd err on the side of telling the truth.
长远角度来看 可能这样更好
Probably gonna be better for you in the long run.
-也许我听错了 -不 不 不要说话
- Maybe I misheard... - No, no, stop talking.
如果 因为一些原因
If, for some reason,
当必要的时候
my client thinks he made a mistake,
在辩护非法监视罪名的时候
you'll take that into account when it comes time
你们会为我们作证我的委托人已经意识到错误了吗
to plead out the illegal surveillance charge?
最高法♥院♥
星期四 九月廿九日
法官大人 被告方不想再传唤加里·贝尔了
Your Honor, the Defense no longer plans to call Gary Bell.
事实上 我们不准备传唤任何目击证人
In fact, we don't intend to call any witnesses.
你们要结束供词了吗
You're, uh, resting case before presenting it?
没错
Correct.
你希望进行结案陈词吧 斯泰恩斯小姐
You wish to present a closing argument, Miss Staines?
是的 法官大人
Yes, Your Honor.
女士们先生们 我的委托人并不完美
Ladies and gentlemen, my client isn't perfect.
事实是 他甚至不够正派
Truth is, he's not even decent.
如果他想约我 我会嘲笑他
If he tried to date me, I would laugh at him,
或者朝他脸上揍一拳
or I'd punch him in the face.
我要说的是 他很恶心 但不是一个强♥奸♥犯
What I'm saying is, he's disgusting, not a rapist.
斯泰恩斯是一个可悲的沮丧的男人
Mr. Metcalf is a sad, frustrated man
渴望着成功却从没有实现
who longed for success but never found it,
因此他在他的脑海中塑造了一个角色
so he creates characters in his mind,
一个成功的 令人尊敬的形象
successful, respected characters,
像一个演员
like an actor
或者说是一个秘密侦探
or an undercover detective might do,
正是因为假定了这些替代的身份
and in the course of assuming these alternate identities,
他遇见了许多女性
he meets lots of women
有时会和她们发生性关系
and sometimes has sex with them.
对于实现浪漫美好的生活来说
It's not an ethical or moral way
这是一个不道德 违反伦理的方式
to conduct one's romantic life,
但是这也不是犯罪
but it's not criminal, either.
巴尔巴先生想让法庭给我的委托人定罪
Mr. Barba wants this court to pass judgment
因为他向女性撒了谎
on my client for lying to women,
但在当前 纽约的法律
but as of right now, being a jackass
并没有规定做一个混♥蛋♥是违法的
isn't a crime under New York law,
这说明你们 陪审团
which means that you, the jury,
有法律责任
have a legal obligation
还斯泰恩斯一个清白
to find Tom Metcalf not guilty.
一段令人信服的陈词 斯泰恩斯小姐
A compelling closing, Miss Staines.
谢谢
Thank you.
我相信陪审团同样会认为这很有说服力
And I'm sure the jury found it persuasive, as well.
你呢 巴尔巴先生
How about you, Mr. Barba?
你是怎么想的
What was your take?
这起案件对你有什么启发吗
Did you find it illuminating, per chance?
法官大人 我站在证据一边
Your Honor, I stand by the evidence.
我才不在乎什么证据
I don't care about the evidence.
我所在乎的是法律 或者与法律有关的
I care about the law, or the lack thereof.
你是一个有天分 前途光明的检察官
You're a talented prosecutor with a bright future,
我要是你的话 我会带斯泰恩斯出去
and if I were you, I would take Miss Staines out
喝一杯"美食咖啡"
for a cup of that gourmet coffee
现在特流行
everyone drinks nowadays
求她答应你 承认一些小罪名
and beg her to accept the plea to a lesser charge,
我相信她会接受的 因为她是个讲道理的女性
which I'm sure she'll accept, because she's a reasonable woman
她也知道她的委托人让人感到恶心
and knows that her client is a repulsive human being.
法官和检察官应该秉公执法
Judges and prosecutors are supposed to enforce the laws
而不是按照自己的意愿强加法律
that exist, not the ones they think should exist,
当他们看不到这点时
and when they lose sight of that,
他们就会冒着在公众面前出丑
they run the risk of getting their pants pulled down
玷污自己高贵的名誉的风险
in public and having their sterling reputations sullied.
才二级假冒身份罪吗
Criminal impersonation in the second degree?
-这只是轻罪 -我尽全力了
- That's a misdemeanor. - It's the best I could do.
贝尔图乔准备推♥翻♥裁决结果
Bertuccio was prepared to overturn the verdict.
等等 他说了那个
Wait, he said that?
剧集 | 法律与秩序:特殊受害者(1999) | 导航列表