剧集 | 投行风云(2020) | 导航列表
you sold before Lumi went into emergency government control?
其中有多少被拿来赔偿你的受害者?
How much of that have you paid in restitution to your victims?
这从一开始就应该作为刑案调查
This should have been a criminal investigation from the outset.
你应该去坐牢才对
You should serve prison time for what you've done.
你是个唯利是图的市侩
You are a mercenary.
我没有跟你一样,把快乐建筑在别人的痛苦上
Well, unlike you, I don't take pleasure in the suffering of others.
至于公♥司♥的估价
Yeah, and in terms of the, um,
the valuation and the, uh, the overheated, uh...
和IPO的估值过高的问题
excitement around the... the IPO,
这就是银行家的事了
well, that would lay at the feet of our bankers.
你一直提到"掠夺"
Now, you keep using the word predatory.
如果资本主义有掠夺一事
If there is a predatory side to capitalism,
那就是他们,不是我们
they are on it, we are not.
好一个狡猾的小人
What a slippery shit.
希望跑这一趟值得,就为了看看你以前的办公室
I hope this is worth it? Just to see your old office?
我真的认为这对我们有用处
I genuinely think that it could be useful.
电梯门要开了
Door opening.
我去一下洗手间,马上过去
I'm just gonna pee, but I'll catch up with you.
好,我在会议室等你
Okay, I'll see you in the meeting room.
电梯门要关了
Door closing.
怎么了?
What's going on?
我觉得我把艾瑞克惹火了
I just...
I think I really fucked it up with Eric.
别担心他
Oh, don't worry about him.
等等你也来跟我们开会吧
Why don't you sit in on this meeting with Harper and Petra?
艾瑞克对荷波过敏
Eric's allergic to Harper.
相信我,不要在这里浪费你的眼泪
Trust me, your tears are wasted in here.
发生什么事了?
What happened?
这其实还满敏感的
Well, that's kind of sensitive.
我不知道是不是我想太多了
And I... I don't-- I don't really know if there's anything to it.
好,不要说任何,会让我们惹上麻烦的事
Okay, well, don't say anything that's gonna get us into trouble.
有个做欧元利率交换的人说过
There was this Euro Swaps kid who once spoke
他把签约金用来买♥♥色♥情♥网♥站♥金卡会员
about the fact that he spent his entire signing-on bonus
on Pornhub Premium and Oliver Peoples glasses
还买♥♥了名牌太阳眼镜
那时候他在电梯里被项目经理听到
- in a lift with an MD. - All right.
结果丢了饭碗
He got sacked.
小心隔墙有耳
You never know who's listening.
好,我勾勒出一个假说
Okay, so, um... I outlined this hypothesis.
被怒火中烧的艾瑞克推♥翻♥了
Eric shot it down pretty viciously, but I think...
但我想码点资管部可能,在永续投资转型时豪赌了一把
Pierpoint Asset Management might have
taken an outsize prop bet as part of our ESG pivot,
用来筹措资本的贷款即将到期
funded by debt that is about to reach maturity.
资产负债表肯定会惨不忍♥睹
It's a balance sheet motherload.
了解
Okay.
老实说…
Honestly...
我觉得这个超出我们的管镑范围了
I think this is way above our pay grades.
听着,我今天事情很多
Look, I have a lot going on today, okay?
别让那些老家伙打♥压♥你,知道吗?
But just don't let the geezers get you down.
Right?
我要上厕所了,但你不会有事的
I'm gonna go for a piss now, okay?
But you're good.
-真是天才之举,你太厉害了 -是她太过分…
It was a stroke of genius. I think you did brilliantly.
亨利和刑事调查的可能性,让我承受了很大的压力
Look, I'm getting a lot of heat about Henry
and the possibility of criminal proceedings.
-可不能跟那件事扯上关系 -但我就没关系吗?
We can't be associated with that.
What, I can, can I?
你们需要有人出来背黑锅
You need a fucking scapegoat.
为什么要整我?
Why fuck me?
-为什么选我来当牺牲品?-因为你是理想人选
Why did you choose to fuck me?
Because you're fuckable, Robert, all right?
对不起
I'm sorry. From a company level, you're fuckable.
从公♥司♥的角度来看你是最理想的人选
别看我
Don't... Don't look at me.
是艾瑞克说可以牺牲你的
Eric said you were expendable.
罗伯,深呼吸…
Hey. Hey, Rob, Rob, breathe, breathe.
是艾瑞克
It's Eric.
是天杀的…
It's fucking-- It's Pierpoint.
是码点
小雅,他们要推我去当炮灰
They've hung me out to dry, Yas.
他们会开除我
They're gonna fire me.
也许狱卒给你钥匙时,不要质疑他
Maybe don't question the jailer when he hands you the keys, you know?
离开这些人有那么糟糕吗?
Getting away from all these people,
is that such a bad thing?
荷波:抱歉要取消,我头痛
我认为打从一开始,鲁米跟政♥府♥的关系就太紧密了
And from the very first instance,
I would contend that Lumi was far too
closely enmeshed with government.
我们真心相信鲁米可以成为,英国科技与能源领域能力的标竿
We believed Lumi could be a beacon
for what the British tech and energy sectors
were capable of.
你很快就核准纾困
You were very quick to ratify a bailout.
是因为要让鲁米执行长软着陆吗?
Was that because you wanted to... soften the landing for a Lumi CEO?
在理性上,我不相信纾困
I don't believe in bailouts philosophically,
但这涉及道德层面
but it was a moral issue.
民众没有暖气可用
Homes were going cold.
我跟亨利默克打交道这么久
In all my dealings with Henry Muck,
从来没有质疑过他的诚信
I never questioned his integrity.
你在维护的人
You're defending a man whose misconduct allegations
针对他行为不端的指控急速增加
seem to be growing exponentially.
我们来这里不是为了讨论这个吧
I don't think that's what we're here to talk about.
码点后来成为鲁米的主要承销者
Pierpoint ended up as Lumi's lead underwriter.
这跟你的事业在那里起步有关系吗?
Did that have anything to do with the fact that you started your career there?
你的事业在天然气,暨电力市场管制局起步
Does the fact that you started your career
at the energy regulator Ofgem,
跟鲁米的财政缺乏监管有关系吗?
have anything to do with the lack of supervision
over Lumi's finances?
我不懂,这两件事有什么关系
I don't follow.
What's that got to do with anything?
这就是我想说的
My point exactly.
这只是巧合
It's a coincidence.
所以这不是鲁米的错
Okay, so it's not Lumi's fault,
我想你来这里是想保证,这也不是政♥府♥的错
and I assume you're here to ensure
that it's not the government's fault, so...
那请问内阁大臣,这到底是谁的错?
Secretary of State, whose fault is it?
我的部门犯了错
My department dropped the ball
所以这是我一个人的责任
and therefore the responsibility is mine and mine only.
人♥民♥可负担的生活水平
The goalposts over what's acceptable in public life
在过去五年改变了
have shifted over the last half-decade
这多少是因为我所属政党的领导
due in part to my party's leadership.
丑闻接连发生
Scandal has become such an iterative process for us
人♥民♥已经麻木了
that it has ceased to become scandal.
但我在这里向各位及大众证明
But I am here to prove to you
and the public,
我依旧相信政♥治♥人物要负起政♥治♥责任
that I still believe in accountability in politics.
所以我刚刚去了唐宁街10号♥
Which is why I've come from Number Ten,
向首相请辞
where I tendered my resignation to the Prime Minister.
你不知道我们多么幸运
You have no idea how lucky we just got.
她让政♥府♥成为故事的主角了
She just made the government the story.
你说"我们很幸运"是什么意思?
What are you talking about how lucky "we" got?
你说的是我吧
You mean me.
至于刑事调查方面
And on the subject of a criminal investigation,
政♥府♥很乐意跟检察总长,及重大诈欺犯罪侦查署合作
this government welcomes the opportunity
to engage the Attorney General and the Serious Fraud Office
制裁有罪的人
to mete out justice where appropriate.
内阁大臣,首相对您请辞有何反应?
How did the Prime Minister take your resignation as Secretary of State?
Now, back off.
如果我知道他们会这样利用凯蒂
If I knew they were gonna use Caedi like that, or she felt like this,
或她有那种感觉
我一定会跟她沟通,这个伤害多大啊
I would have reached out to her. It was traumatic.
而且我没有帮她买♥♥衣服
And I didn't buy her any clothes, by the way.
只有一次让她用我在颇特女士的折扣
I let her use my Net-A-Porter discount once.
邓恩说要展开刑事调查,你都不担心吗?
Are you not worried...
about the...
the criminal implications that Dearn raised.
你也看到那场闹剧了,不觉得究责是很复杂的事吗?
You sat through that shit show.
Wouldn't you say blame is complicated?
我,我的董事会,银行家都有责任
It lies with me, my board, my bankers...
还有政♥府♥
and the government.
但人们要的是单一简化的答案
But people want a single reductive certainty.
我请你吃晚餐吧
Let me buy you an early dinner.
我想介绍你认识几个朋友
There's some friends of ours I want you to meet.
情场跟战场都能不择手段吧?
All's fair in love and war, right?
还钱来,衰人
Give us our money back, wanker!
来几杯餐前马丁尼炒热气氛
Some pre-prandial martinis to lube up the conversation.
剧集 | 投行风云(2020) | 导航列表