剧集 | 投行风云(2020) | 导航列表
Well, it's turned into more of a risk assessment now.
史葳琵,我今天早上要关注罗伯
Sweetpea, Robert's my focus this morning, okay?
好,对,这我知道…
Okay, yeah. No, I get that, um...
对不起,我不想这么直白,但我觉得这件事现在很重要
And I’m sorry, I don’t-- I don’t wanna be too forthright
but I actually think this is really important right now.
我去那里的会议室等,直到你来跟我谈
So I'm gonna, I'm gonna wait in a meeting room over there
until you come and talk to me.
好吗?
- All right, in third place Paul and Ben... - Okay?
好
- ...who've come as Jimmy Savile... - Okay.
...and his mother's corpse.
In second place, Bilal, who's come as Bobby Sands,
complete with very inventive dirty protest make-up.
你可以…
But the winner this year, Leanne and Julie...
我等等打给你,四点见,好
I'm gonna call you back. I'll just see you at 4:00.
- Okay. - Uh, quick one.
快速讲一下,你今天最好请假
It might be a good idea for you to take a personal day.
什么意思,要我放一天假?
What do you mean? Like a day off?
因为…
Well... you want your privacy.
你不是追求隐私吗?
对,那是狗仔守在我家外面时
Yeah, when a fucking pap is camping out on my cistern,
不是在工作的时候,艾瑞克
not when I'm doing my job.
我不想让那些鸟事,影响我在这里的生活
Eric, the last thing I want is for any of this shit
to affect my life in here.
别像个小孩无理取闹
Can you not throw your toys out of the pram?
别可怜我,我不是你女儿
Don't patronize me, okay? I'm not one of your daughters.
我只是想在这个困难的时期,帮助你避开大家的焦点
I'm just trying to offer you a little protection
from the glare of the spotlight in a tough time.
如此而已
That's all.
谢谢你
I appreciate that.
但是我刚跟利维坦阿尔法通话
But, you know, I've just gotten off a call with LeviathanAlpha,
老实说,他们给我们的季度评论很差
who, let's be honest, left us a pretty shitty quarterly review.
真不意外
What a surprise.
荷波有能力给我们差评,她肯定乐坏了
Harper's power to give us a bad review must really light up
the pleasure centers in her brain.
我跟荷波还有黛西约了四点钟见面
I've just set up a 4 p.m.
between Harper and Daisy, the CIT's new PM.
她是花旗银行新任项目经理
她刚从库克斯跳槽
She's just moved over from Crux.
我跟她谈了好几周
I have been speaking to her for weeks.
她觉得佩特拉跟荷波走在最前端
She thinks that Petra and Harper are cutting-edge.
我可以居中牵线
You know, I can make this connection.
你知道我们在慈善日把5%的利润,捐给儿童投资信托只是走形式吧?
You know, we give the Children's Investment Trust
five percent of our PNL on Charity Day as gesture,
反正他们会透过我们再投资那笔钱
which they then end up reinvesting through us anyway.
根本是在浪费我的时间
It's a waste of my time.
好,但不是浪费我的时间
Well, okay, it's not a waste of mine.
我们不知道黛西几年后,会爬到哪个位置
We have no idea where Daisy's gonna end up in a few years,
我想长久做这一行
and I'm looking for longevity in this business,
所以今天四点钟要把荷波及佩特拉,介绍给儿童投资信托
so I'm going to introduce Harper and Petra
to the Children's Investment Trust at 4 p.m. today.
对了,我要把话讲清楚
By the way, just so we're clear,
我绝对没有把你当作自己的女儿
I certainly don't see you as my daughter.
Okay?
抱歉,我知道特别委员会很重要
Apologies, I know this select committee is like a-- it's a big deal, so...
所以…
我有点慌
I've just-- I've been-- I'm a little freaked out
and no one here is listening to me.
这里没有人肯听我说话,所以…
So, I don't know.
我也不知道,可能是我把两两相加后得到五
I could, I could be adding two and two and be getting five,
但也可能是两两相加后等于四
but I also could be adding two and two and be getting four.
而得到四可能会很糟糕
And four would be like... really bad.
可以给我五分钟或十分钟吗?
So, like, five minutes? Ten minutes?
-好,先从五分钟开始 -好的
- Okay. - Okay.
- Let's start with five. - Okay, cool.
现在的趋势是,取消各家的IPO和永续投资走跌
So, obviously, there's a trend of IPOs being pulled,
and ESG is experiencing a downturn.
谢谢你为我指出这一点
Thank you for highlighting that for me.
我跟固定收益部门的朋友艾米尔谈过
So, um, I was speaking to my friend, Amir, in Fixed Income,
他说码点在五年前大量发行了,优先担♥保♥贷款
and he said that Pierpoint issued,
like, a fuck ton of senior secured debt around five years ago,
贷款即将到期,但是没有人出价
and it's about to reach maturity,
and there's literally no bid for it anywhere.
采取这种募集资本的策略,说来很巧,但也很危险…
So this, this capital-raising strategy
coincidentally but also perhaps dangerously lines up
正好是我们转向永续投资的时候
with the timing of our own ESG pivot.
什么意思?
So what are you saying?
我可能会因此而惹祸上身
Look, I could, I could probably get in a lot of trouble for this.
因为违反了资讯隔离政策
You know, with, like, the Chinese walls and everything.
But, um, my friend, Magdelena in Banking,
但我在金融部的朋友玛格琳娜
说他们过去三个月做的,IPO说明会都很惨
said that every IPO roadshow that they've done
over the past three months has gone badly.
没有即将上市的公♥司♥愿意让码点操盘
No company coming to market will want Pierpoint to be its bookrunner.
码点承销的所有IPO,不是延后或取消上市
And pretty much all of the IPOs
that Pierpoint have underwritten are in limbo
between postponement and pulling completely.
而这些潜在公♥司♥的股票价值,趋近于零,完全没人要
And the equity within these prospective companies
is close to zero by now.
估值已经完全崩♥盘♥了
No one wants them.
The valuations have completely collapsed.
-继续说 -重点来了
Go on.
So, um... this is the kicker.
我在资产管理的朋友卡瓦尔
My friend, Keval, in Asset Management
说码点为了促成这些交易拿了股权
said that Pierpoint took equity stakes
to facilitate these deals.
这些赌注会不会到头来都是一场空?
Is it possible that these prop bets are all going to zero?
所以你的意思是2加2等于惨赔?
So...
what you are saying is two plus two equals fucked?
这个嘛,对…
Well, yeah.
Yeah, yeah.
好
Okay.
史葳琵,我告诉你接下来要怎么做
Sweetpea, this is what we're gonna do about this.
你取得这些资讯的手法
The way you gleaned this information
可能违反了公♥司♥的管理规章
is potentially a regulatory issue,
违反了保密规定
a confidentiality issue,
和纪律规定
and a disciplinary issue.
我想你和那些共同捕风捉影的同伙
I think it's best for you
and whoever you... concocted this little conspiracy with
现在最好回到工作岗位
that you all go back to your desks
做好自己的工作,懂吗?
and do your fucking jobs.
Understood?
懂…对不起
Yeah.
Yeah, sorry.
比尔艾德勒
你还在英国吗?
Hey, are you still in the UK?
我在城市机场,刚从瑞士回来
At City Airport. Just landed from Switzerland.
可以进一下办公室吗?,我有话跟你说
Can you-- Can you come to the office?
I need to speak to you.
你不是在忙特别委员会的事吗?,这件事更紧急吗?
Haven't you got both eyes on the select committee?
Is this-- Is this more urgent?
先让我说给你听,你再决定
I'll lay it out, and you can tell me.
你念声明稿,简明扼要,但不要念得太有趣
You read the statement, make it clear and concise,
but don't make it interesting. The more boring, the better.
-越无聊越好,明白吗?-明白
- Understood? - Yeah, all right.
我们的角色是提供新创企业资本
Our role is to provide fledgling businesses with capital,
我要提醒各位,在帮助鲁米上市的过程中
and we remind you that throughout bringing Lumi to market,
我们落实了码点的基本原则
we made good on Pierpoint's foundational tenet...
就是秉持着诚信行事
doing business with integrity.
谢谢
Thank you.
你为什么来这里?
Why are you here?
我换个问法,我们为什么来这里?
Actually, let me rephrase that.
Why are we here?
抱歉,我不清楚您的意思
Sorry, I... I'm not following.
"我们为什么来这里?"
Why are we here?
我是被叫来的
I was asked to be.
我们来这里因为你的雇主高估了鲁米
We're here because your employer overvalued Lumi,
并且提供了必要的服务
which provided an essential service,
煽动了该公♥司♥不切实际的成长轨迹
fanned its untenable growth trajectory
结果造成被政♥府♥繄急托管
to the point where it had to be placed
under emergency government control
用纳税人的血汗钱来纾困,花了20亿英镑
and bailed out by the taxpayer
to the tune of two billion pounds.
你同意这是我们来这里的原因吗?
Do you agree that's why we're here?
诚如我的声明所述,其中说了…
I'd like to refer back to my statement, um, in that--
我花了一个周末,阅读被鲁米辜负的客户的证词
I spent my weekend reading testimony
from customers that Lumi failed.
我也很想在这里念出来,但这样要念到下周
And I'd share them aloud here, but we'd be here till next week.
我会建议你也看看
I'd implore you to avail yourself of these.
但恐怕你们做这一行的人,觉得人类成本不算什么
But I fear the human cost will always be something
of an abstraction for people in your line of work.
影子能源部长所说的话,似乎没有提出问题
I didn't think I heard a question
in the Shadow Energy Secretary's statement.
只有人身攻击
Rather an ad hominem attack.
有一名鲁米员工说你…
剧集 | 投行风云(2020) | 导航列表