剧集 | 飞天大盗(2004) | 导航列表
Millen 你最好有所收获
This better lead to something, Millen.
我希望今天能够看到你的报道
I want a story on my desk today,
或者你会发现你改行写讣告了
or you might find yourself writing obits.
你好
Hello.
Tony 在底下干得如何?
Tony, how's life below stairs, mate?
有什么消息吗
You got anything for me?
没有什么 Tim
Nothing at the moment, Tim.
自从你报道了Charles
The shutters have come down big time
兜售银餐具的新闻后
since you ran that story about Charles
百叶窗一直关着
flogging off the silver.
的确 那是个爆♥炸♥性的新闻
Yeah, that was a cracker, wasn't it?
听着 女皇母亲陛下 战乱年代
Listen, Queen Mother, war years.
有没有我所不知道的传闻?
Any rumors I should know about?
秘密的约会?
Secret trysts?
它可能只是传言
Could be nothing,
但是我一直听到一个名字 Harold Felgate.
but I keep hearing the name Harold Felgate.
Felgate?
Felgate?
不 我在这里没有听过这个名字
No, I haven't heard that name round here.
听着 Tim 我得走了
Listen, Tim, I've got to go.
Chris
Chris.
Tim 你还好吗
Tim. - You all right?
是的
Yeah.
还可以 你在这儿做什么
So what are you doing here?
你觉得在Sunday World工作如何
How would you like a job on the Weekend World?
让我加入这次调查 Chris
You let me help you with this story, Chris,
所有事都好商量
and everything will be negotiated in good faith,
只要不太过分
down the line.
你觉得如何
What do you say?
这是谁
Who's that?
这是年轻时的女皇母亲陛下
It's the young Queen Mum.
不 这是一位女士名叫Cynthia Felgate.
No, that's a lady called Cynthia Felgate.
你把我搞糊涂了
You're winding me up.
不 不 我曾经告诉过你
No, no, no, I told you before.
在收♥容♥所♥的慈祥的老人
The old dear at the hospice,
她告诉我女皇母亲在1941年死于T.B.?
she told me the Queen Mum died of TB, in '41.
如果这被披露出来
If it got out,
对于英国的精神将是灾难性的打击
it would have been disastrous for British morale.
一个在伦敦东区被发现的平民
A commoner was found in the East End
并且长的与女皇母亲完全一样
who looked exactly like the Queen Mum.
这个女人 Cynthia Felgate 被用来替代了女皇母亲
This woman, Cynthia Felgate, was put in her place.
这就是我一直
That's the story.
追查的消息 记者的直觉 不是吗
I followed it up, journalist's instinct, yeah?
我靠的是事实 而不是直觉
I deal in facts, not instinct.
耶 我 我也是
Yeah, well, me too.
这也是为什么
That's why, out of my own pocket,
我自己花钱雇Diane Murphy来做一些深入调查
I hired Diane Murphy to do a bit of digging around,
来考证这位老姑娘故事的可信度
check the old girl's story out.
然后?
And?
她找到了Cynthia Felgate的儿子
She found Cynthia Felgate's son.
在楼上房♥间里的古怪老头?
The geezer you've got in the room upstairs?
你怎么知道的?
How do you know that?
我有我的消息来源
I've got my sources.
你计划如何?
So what's the plan?
他是惟一活着的亲戚
He's the only living relative.
他是开启这个秘密的关键所在
He's the key to blowing this whole thing wide open.
我想要见他
I wanna meet him.
我想要看看这位儿子 这是个交易
I want to meet the son, that's the deal.
接受还是拒绝?
Take it or leave it.
我以为你是个中立者
I thought you were an independent.
不 不
No, no, no.
我现在为Sunday World工作
I'm at the Weekend World now.
现在Tim和我一起负责这个报道
Tim and I are covering the story together.
这没什么问题 对吗
That's not a problem, is it?
可能有点问题
Well, it might be.
我的雇主仍然有权力
My client still has the right to take this story
把故事出♥售♥给出价最高的人
to the highest bidder.
你是谁
And who are you?
Bob salgreen
Bob Sawgreen.
来自于纽约的Salgreen Management的常务董事
Managing Director of Sawgreen Management, New York City.
你是个律师?
You a lawyer?
不 我是Felgate先生的公♥关♥人员
No, I'm Mr. Felgate's publicist.
基于此 我有权决定他的发言权
And as such, I decide who he talks to.
并且 基于我们还没有拿到一分钱 来弥补我们的花费
And since we haven't been paid a dime to cover our expenses,
我会建议我的雇主什么都不要说
I may well advise my client to say nothing.
哦 等等 Bob.
Hang on, Bob.
如果不是我挖掘了这个消息
Your client would still be Joe Shmoe from Poughkeepsie
你的雇主将还是来自Poughkeepsie 的Joe Schmo
if I had not dug this story...
好了 让我们冷静一下
Okay, let's just all chill out, shall we?
既然我已经加入了 Felgate先生
I'm on board now, Mr. Felgate,
我想我可以告诉你 我的主编Francis Owen
and I can tell you that my editor,
会提供一个非常可观的报价的
Francis Owen, will make you a very attractive offer.
我可以保证 如何
Of that you have my word, okay?
你告诉我 事实上女皇母亲陛下是一个
You're telling me the Queen Mother
叫做Cynthia Felgate的冒名顶替者?
is actually an imposter called Cynthia Felgate?
正是如此 头
Exactly, chief.
这位是她的儿子
This man is her son.
这是什么
What's that?
我的顾客在几年前
My client received this anonymously
收到了这个匿名的邮包
through the mail about, oh, a few years ago.
你可以看到 头
And if you see, chief,
邮戳显示的日期2002年12月
it's actually postmarked February 2002,
就是女皇母亲去世前一个月
a month before the Queen Mum died.
所以Cynthia决定在临终之时
So, Cynthia decided, on her deathbed,
联♥系♥一下多年失散的儿子?
to reach out to her long lost son?
那个袋子里有什么?
What you got in there?
证据
Proof.
我们有Cynthia Felgate的出生证明
We have Cynthia Felgate's birth certificate,
她和Harold的照片
pictures of her and Harold here and herself.
她自己的照片 还有这个
Oh, and this.
看 你可以看到相似之处是毋庸置疑的
Look, as you can see, the resemblance is uncanny.
Cynthia事实上要比女皇母亲年轻
Cynthia was actually a few years younger than the Queen,
这也是为什么说女皇母亲能活得比较久
and that's why they say the Queen Mum
显而易见
lived so long, apparently.
当我被告知我母亲死于一次
I was told that my mother was killed
伦敦的爆♥炸♥事件时
in the London bombing,
我被送往美国 作为一个孤儿
and that I was evacuated to the US as an orphan.
你不介意我保留这些吧
Do you mind if I hold on to these?
当然 为什么不哪?
Yeah, I don't see why not.
那么这个哪
And this?
这是一卷老式电影胶片
This is an old piece of film,
不过我没有机器可以播放
but I don't have any machine to run it on.
我相信我可以帮你解决这个问题
I'm sure we can sort that out for you.
听着 这是个有趣的故事
Look, this is an interesting yarn,
可是 这些都不足以证明什么
but none of this amounts to proof.
好吧 如果你不想要它们 我相信肯定有别家报刊感兴趣的
Well, if you don't want it, I'm sure another paper will.
不要和我玩游戏
Don't play hardball with me.
如果你想要我把这个刊登出来
If you want me to go to print with this,
你必须提供实质性的东西
I'll need something concrete.
好吧 如果 如果说我们能够提供证据
Okay, let's say Let's say we get you that.
这样的一个新闻能值多少钱?
What would a story like this be worth?
如果我拥有所有权力? -没错
If I got all the rights? - Mm-hm.
也许...25万?
Maybe quarter of a million?
头 我们已经有了出生证明了
We've got the birth certificate, chief.
她出生了 她的确存在
She was born, she existed.
在某些地方一定有一些文件的记录
Must be a paper trail of documents somewhere.
公共记录 图书卡 诸如此类的
Public records, library cards, all that crap.
我们可以把她的生活拼凑起来 头
We can piece her life together, chief.
这可是值一个悬空球啊
This has got to be worth a punt.
到周日为止
You got till Saturday.
如果查证是真的 你就拿到了头版头条
If it checks out, you got the front page.
剧集 | 飞天大盗(2004) | 导航列表