对 咱们给糖尿病人捐款吧
Yes. We'll donate the money to diabetes.
这些可怜的娃儿都不能吃糖
Those poor people can't eat sugar!
很好 很好
Fine.. fine.
嗯 我们 我们一会再谈
Uh... we'll, uh... we'll talk about it afterwards.
Crane医生 要继续吗
May we continue, Dr. Crane?
对不起 法官大人
My apologies, your honor.
Safford先生刚才在跟我讨论一笔可观的善款
Mr. Safford and I were discussing a very sizable donation
他打算今天晚些时候捐给需要的慈善机构
he intends to make later today to a very worthy cause.
恐怕他的热情一时令他控制不住
I guess his enthusiasm just got the best of him.
但是 正是这慷慨的个性
But, it is this very generosity
让他儿子不能接受
that his son finds so objectionable.
还有他跳上货车车厢
That, and the fact that he did hop a freight train
畅游全国的事实
across the country.
但是 他儿子眼中的不稳定 我却视为浪漫
But, you see, what he sees as unstable, i see as... romantic.
我 我想这法庭外面没有铁道吧
I... I don't suppose there's a railroad track outside the courtroom?
Safford先生就不能做一个精神自♥由♥的人吗
Uh... doesn't Mr. Safford deserve to be a bit of a free spirit
他为事业辛苦了这么多年
after the years of his demanding career?
为了这项事业他戴着
A career in which he wore...
许多帽子
many hats.
父亲的帽子 慈善家的帽子 CEO的帽子
Um... the hat of a father, a philanthropist, a C.E.O...
乘客们 请上车
All aboard! All aboard!
把票准备好
Get your tickets ready.
请把票准备好
Have your tickets ready, please.
把票准备好
Have your tickets ready.
最后我想说的是
In the end, it all comes down to this:
我们真的要谴责一个人
can we really condemn a man
就因为他在暮年保持了一点童真的快乐吗
for maintaining a childlike joie de vivre even in his twilight years?
乘坐海岸快轨的乘客请上车
All aboard for the Coast Express.
是的 本车将经停塔科马 奥林匹亚
Yes, making stops in Tacoma, Olympia,
波特兰及塞伦
Portland and Salem.
下一站是
And the next stop is...
我想我知道你下一站要去哪了
I think I know where your next stop is going to be.
听着 Niles
Now, look, Niles.
在你幸灾乐祸之前 我只想说
Before you start gloating, let me just say this.
你是对的 错的是我
You were right, I was wrong.
那又怎样
Big deal.
谁都没能听到我那精彩的证词
The world never got a chance to hear me be right.
我想时至今日 很明显
I suppose by now it's obvious
你的说法一直是对的
that what you were saying all along was true.
我确实嫉妒你的名气
I do... envy your fame.
好吧 也许这次当众丢脸
Well, perhaps this public humiliation
能让我不再那么争强好胜
will cure me of my damned competitiveness.
得了 别担心
Oh, don't worry about it.
今天我出的丑比你大多了
I humiliated myself far more than you did today.
很显然 你没看到
Obviously, you didn't see
我是怎么追着摄像机求上镜的
the way I was whoring after that TV camera.
很显然 你没看到我是跳着踢踏舞上去的
Obviously, you didn't see how I was tap dancing up there
活像个街头艺人的猴子
like an organ grinder's monkey.
是吗 还不如给我涂柏油粘羽毛上私刑
Yes, well, I might as well have been tarred and feathered.
在身上涂热柏油再粘上羽毛是古代欧洲的一种私刑 是严重羞辱对方的行为
还不如让我上颈手枷在市中心示众
I might as well have been pilloried in the town square.
还不如把我扒光 然后强迫我
I might as well have been stripped naked and forced to...
哦 别说了 Niles 我们又开始比谁强了
Oh, stop it, Niles! We're doing it again!
Niles 你不必觉得难堪
Niles, you have no reason to feel badly.
谁都希望自己的专长得到认可
Everyone wants to be recognized for something they're good at.
你是个很好的心理医生
And you are a good psychiatrist.
谢谢你 Frasier
Thank you, Frasier.
而我从今往后都无法如此自称了
Something I can't really lay claim to after today.
我怎么错得这么离谱
How could I have so misjudged that man?
这个嘛 他确实是个很有魅力的人
Well, he's undeniably charming for one thing.
而且他可以长时间保持头脑清醒
And he can be lucid for long stretches of time.
是啊 但是你没有上当
Yes, but you weren't fooled.
反正 你发现了一些我漏掉的小细节
Somehow, you picked up on some tiny clue that I missed.
你还记得是什么吗
You remember what it was?
记得 我们的访谈进行到一半 他脱了裤子
Yes. Midway through our interview he took off his trousers
然后非得给猫穿上
and tried to put them on the cat.
嗯 我想说
Well, I'd like to think that
这种线索我遇到也不会漏的
I might have picked up on that one too.
但是
Still...
Frasier 你永远充满正能量地面对生活
Frasier, you've always approached life with a positive attitude.
这是我敬佩你的地方
It's a quality I admire of yours.
也许你的判断力被内心的渴望蒙蔽了
Perhaps your judgment was clouded by your desire
你渴望见证年老 并非是必然的没落时光
to see old age not as a time of inevitable decline,
而是一个人童年梦想
but as a time when one's childhood passions
和憧憬的重燃岁月
and fantasies can be reborn.
谢谢你 Niles
Thank you, Niles.
知道现在干什么会让我开心一下吗
You know what would cheer me up right now?
什么
What?
我想听听
I would like to hear
你那无缘面世的证词
that summation you never got a chance to give.
真的 - 千真万确
Really? - Yes.
你不是为了哄哄我吧
You're not just saying that?
你在乎这个吗 - 不在乎
Do you care? - No!
那不得了
Well, all right then.
我来做法官 我来
I'm the judge! I'm the judge!
好 你来做法官
Okay, you be the judge.
全体起立 - 好 这就来吧
All rise. - Yes, here we are.
人都来齐了吗
Have we been sworn in?
是的 法官大人
Yes we have, your honor.
Crane医生 开始吧
Dr. Crane, proceed.
法官大人 希罗多德曾经说过
Your honor, I believe it was Herodotus who said:
"环境改变人 人改变不了环境"
"Circumstances rule men. Men do not rule circumstances."
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表