第三季 第十九集
噢 它怎么总能听见呢
Oh, how does he always hear me?
它不是听见了
He doesn't.
而是每二十分钟就过来瞧瞧
He just swings through every twenty minutes.
它知道你一定会吃垃圾食品的
He knows you'll be eating some kind of junk.
我可不想给它吃这个
Well, I don't want him eating these.
那就用我赶跑Eddie的方法吧
Well, then do what I do when I want Eddie away from me.
出这种怪声
I make a sound like
啦啦啦啦啦啦啦啦
La la la la la la la la la la la!
你这是欺负狗
That's mean!
怎么了 又不会伤了它的听觉
Why? It doesn't really hurt his ears.
它就是嫌这声音烦
He just finds certain noises irritating.
这可真是
That was
这一季里我看过的最引人入胜的瓦格纳歌♥剧了
the most riveting production of Wagner I have seen this season.
瓦格纳 十九世纪著名的德国歌♥剧家
我一身鸡皮疙瘩还没退呢
I still have goose bumps
就因为Klingsor一声大叫召唤Kundry
from when Klingsor summoned Kundry with a terrible cry
并命令她去色♥诱♥Parsifal
and ordered her to seduce Parsifal:
"哈 那个男孩可真俊俏"(德语)
"Ha! Er Ist Shun Der Knabe!"
Niles描述的此段剧情出现在剧中第二幕开头
那个 我今晚过得也挺愉快的
Well, I had a pretty good night too.
好好洗了个热水澡
Took myself a nice, hot bath.
还记得我脚趾上的鸡眼吗
And, remember that corn I had on my toe?
泡得可软啦 我用手一撕就下来了
Well, it got so soft I was just able to peel it right off.
虽然比不上你这个
Um... it's going to be difficult for me to top that,
但我也有一个激动人心的消息要讲
but I have some rather exciting news myself.
你们都知道Safford那个案子吧
I'm sure you're all familiar with the Safford case
就是最近报纸报道的那个
that's been in the papers recently?
就是那个社会渣滓吧
Oh, you mean that scum-sucking jerk
想把他爸弄到精神病院去
who's trying to get his father committed?
是的 猜猜那个社会渣滓雇了谁
Yes. Well, guess who's been retained by that scum-sucking jerk!
我将作为专家证人出席
I'm going to be testifying as an expert witness
关于Safford先生行为能力的听讯
at Mr. Safford's capacity hearing.
等等
Wait a minute.
你要帮忙把那个可怜的老头推进火坑
You're gonna help sell that poor old guy down the river?
非也
Not at all.
Safford先生状态很不稳定
Mr. Safford is unbalanced.
他儿子是担心他
His son is worried sick about him.
得了 他儿子担心的是
Oh, his son's worried
不能分到他老爸的财产
he's not gonna get his hands on his father's fortune.
天哪 人一老了
Boy, the minute a man starts getting up there
子女们就开始惦记上想着分财产
his kids start making plans to divvy up his stuff.
老爸 你放心吧 我和Niles
Dad, you'll be pleased to know that Niles and I
已经商量好把你的财产全捐给慈善机构
have decided to give all your things to charity.
我们准备把你的衣服捐给盲人
We're donating your clothes to the blind.
反正 这件事就不对
Well, it's just not right.
一堆想钱想疯了的人暗箱操作
A bunch of moneygrubbers behind closed doors
竟然想证明这老头精神有问题
trying to declare this poor old guy insane.
第一 这不是暗箱操作
For starters, it's not behind closed doors.
整个过程将在法庭实况频道里播出
The entire proceeding will be broadcast on Court TV.
真是个好消息
Oh, great.
哪个爸爸不盼望着能有一天
What father doesn't look forward to the day
把大家都叫来看电视 然后说
he gathers his friends around the TV and says,
"看哪 那是我儿子 弄哭老人家的家伙"
"Hey, that's my boy. The one making the old man cry."
老爸 我敢说Niles这么做
Dad, I'm sure Niles is only doing this
只是想保护Safford先生不受伤害
to protect Mr. Safford from himself.
老了不一定就不中用了
Old age doesn't have to be that way, you know.
我姨婆Beryl活了九十多岁
My great-aunt Beryl lived well into her nineties,
一直头脑清楚
and her mind never failed her.
当然了 她七十多岁的时候就瞎了
Of course, she lost her eyesight in her seventies,
八十多岁腿脚就不听使唤了
and her balance in her eighties.
到后来我们时不时得扶她起来
By the end we spent most of our time propping her up
或给她在额头上贴创可贴
or putting another bandage on her forehead.
但上帝保佑
Oh, but bless her heart,
她总能清清楚楚地告诉你到底是怎么摔的
she could always tell you just how it happened.
Safford绝对已经丧失理性了
Well, Safford is clearly irrational.
最近他溜达出去
Recently, he wandered off.
两天后人们才发现他
They found him two days later
坐在满载着乞丐的货车车厢里横跨怀俄明州
riding across Wyoming in a boxcar full of bums;
他半价出♥售♥自己的房♥产
he's taken to selling off property for half its worth;
最确凿的证据是 在我评估他的精神状态时
and most damning of all, when I went over to evaluate him,
他一直管我叫 "小活泼"
he continually referred to me as "Sparky."
这算证据吗 Niles 你不是一直想有个花名嘛
I don't know, Niles, you always wanted to have a nickname.
还记得你以前兴师动众
You remember your campaign
就为了让少年交响团的弦乐手们叫你"小硬汉"吗
to have the string section of the youth orchestra call you "Rocky?"
Rocky 电影
本来肯定能成功的
It would have worked, too,
都怪Tilly Farraday用长号♥把我打翻在地
if Tilly Farraday hadn't pinned me to the ground with her trombone
就因为我指责她吹完不清洗活栓
when I rebuked her for neglecting to clean her spit valve.
我还是觉得欺负老人家算什么本事
Well, I still think picking on the old man stinks.
年过五十就得事事自求多福了
God help you if you're over fifty
哪怕只做了稍微让家人觉得奇怪的小破事
and you do anything that seems the least bit odd to your family.
第二种观点
我确定一定以及肯定他跟女秘书有染
And I'm pretty sure he's having an affair with his secretary.
声音客串 Debbi Fields 美国著名食品集团Mrs. Fields Cookies的创办人 本集于1996年播出 而Debbi Fields于1997年真的和她的丈夫婚了
那你有没有跟你丈夫谈谈
Well, have you talked to your husband
听听他怎么说
and heard his side of the story?
没有
No.
Beth 确实听起来你的担心有理有据
Well, Beth, it does seem that your fears may be well-founded,
但我还是觉得你应该先和你丈夫谈谈
but I still think you should talk to your husband
再作出最终结论
before you come to any final conclusions.
我是Frasier Crane医生
This is Dr. Frasier Crane,
希望你们一天安好 心理健康
wishing you good day, and good mental health.
这是一些公益广播 要在明天节目开始前播
Here are those PSAs, we'll do them tomorrow before the show.
谢谢 Roz
Thank you, Roz.
Roz 怎么灯还亮着呢
Roz, why is that light still on?
是不是刚刚打进来的Beth
Is that Beth who I was talking to?
怎么会呢 - 就是
No! - Yes, it is!
不是的 - 就是就是
No, it isn't! - Yes, it is!
就不是
It is not!
你是不是跟Beth谈话了
Have you been talking to Beth?
怎么会呢
Of course not!
你怎么想的 我给你的电♥话♥患者们瞎出主意
What do you think I'm giving advice to your callers?
天 Frasier 你有被害妄想症吧
Oh, Frasier, you are so paranoid.
这个世界上全是敌人
The world is full of enemies.
人人都在背后等着算计你
Everybody's plotting against you.
有个穿黑风衣的男人在你背后
There's a man in a dark trench coat right behind you.
哈哈 这个最搞笑
Ho-ho, very droll.
Crane医生
Dr. Crane?
我是John Giroux
I'm John Giroux.
我的老板是Harlow Safford
I work for Harlow Safford.
哦 Giroux先生 恐怕您有些误会吧
Oh, Mr. Giroux, I'm afraid there's been some mistake.
我弟弟才是负责这个案子的
It's my brother who's connected with the case.
我们了解
Oh, we're quite aware of that,
但Safford先生觉得自己蒙受了不白之冤
but Mr. Safford feels he's the victim of a grave injustice.
他是您节目的忠实粉丝
He's an ardent fan of your show
他觉得只有您能帮助他
and feels you're the only man who can help him.
我受宠若惊啊
Well, that's very flattering,
但我弟弟参与了这个案子
but given my brother's connection with the case,
我掺和进去不合适吧
it wouldn't be very prudent for me to get involved.
那您至少能跟我的老板谈谈吧
Won't you at least talk to my client?
以他的言辞和行为来做判断
Judge him by his words and his actions,
而不是被年龄所误导
not by how old he is?
您跟我爸的想法一模一样
You sound like my father
他觉得葬礼就算是年龄歧视了
a man who believes that burial is a form of age discrimination.
您要是能今晚赏光前来
If you stop by this evening,
我保证您会发现Safford先生头脑清楚
I'm convinced you'll find Mr. Safford is completely competent.
即使您不能为他出庭作证
Even if you won't testify on his behalf,
起码能让您弟弟
perhaps you could at least get your brother
重新考虑下他的证词
to reconsider his testimony.
我太不可能会反对我弟弟的观点
It's highly unlikely that i would disagree with my brother's opinion.
我觉得您刚刚给那位女士的建议好极了
I really admired your advice to that last caller you know,
就是在评价一个人之前
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表