剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
Following a public disclosure,
假如公开事实
Claudia would have to refund the entire settlement,
克劳迪娅除要退还全部赔款外
plus pay $1 million in liquidated damages.
还要支付一百万美元违约金
Claudia, provisions like these are rarely enforceable.
克劳迪娅 此类条款基本不具备法律效力
I have three other children. I can't risk it.
我还有三个孩子 我不能冒险
But what about William and Alison?
那威廉姆和艾莉森怎么办
I'm...sorry for them.
我很同情他们
I can't testify.
可我不能作证
Thank you.
谢谢
Oh, a little late-night caffeine fix?
要用深夜咖啡提神吗
Absolutely. This one is for you.
当然了 给你一杯
Dark roast with vanilla and chocolate.
香草和巧克力深度烘焙咖啡
I used to drink that in law school.
我过去在法律学校常喝
When cramming for finals.
期末考试熬夜必备
Yeah. Anyway, it's gonna be a really late night.
对 反正今晚是要熬到深夜了
We need to find another way to prove that EastBay
我们得另辟蹊径来证明东湾
was on notice about the methanol exposure.
完全意识到了接触甲醇的危害
Something in the water up here?
难道学校的水里被下迷情药了吗
Uh...Full Moon on the Quad is Stanford tradition.
"圆月方院"是斯坦福的传统
Kissing under the full moon.
在月圆之夜接吻
God, I miss college.
天呐 我真想念大学
come on! It's a full moon.
来吧 这可是满月
Kiss the girl closest to you.
吻你身边的女孩吧
Actually, we're just --
实际上 我们只是
Do it. Kiss her already!
快点 吻她啊
Jane.
简
Jane!
简
I know how to get the jury
我知道怎么让陪审团
to hear everything Claudia told us.
听取克劳迪娅向我们提供的证词了
How?
该怎么办
I found a new witness.
我找到了一位新证人
They can't call me as an expert witness.
他们不能将我作为专家证人
I'm opposing counsel!
我是对方律师
Evidence Code section 700 --
根据《证据法典》第700条
Except as otherwise provided,
除非在本条款中另行规定
no person is disqualified to testify to any matter.
在任何情况下 任何人都不可被剥夺作证权利
Ms. Bingum is technically correct,
宾格温小姐在理论上是对的
But I warn you, Ms. Bingum --
但我得警告你 宾格温小姐
You may not ask anything privileged.
你不得针对任何保密信息发问
I understand.
我明白
We call Professor Daily to the stand,
如果我方传黛莉教授出庭作证
And my co-counsel, Veronika Kramer,
我的协理律师 维罗妮卡·克莱默
will be questioning the witness.
会代我向其发问
Please state your name.
请告知你的姓名
Ellen Daily.
艾伦·黛莉
Ms. Daily, what is your occupation?
黛莉小姐 你从事什么职业
I'm your torts professor.
我是你的民事侵权行为教授
And you also have a private practice.
你还是一位私人执业律师
And this isn't the first time
这不是你第一次
that you've represented EastBay, is it?
代理东湾公♥司♥了 对吧
No.
对
In fact, three years ago,
事实上 三年前
didn't you represent them in settlement negotiations
你就代表他们参与了和解谈判
with an employee whose child died
案件涉及一位员工的孩子
after drinking methanol-tainted breast milk?
因饮用受甲醇污染的母乳而身亡
If that were true, it would be privileged.
如果事情属实 这应属于保密范畴
Now, Professor Daily knows
黛莉教授显然清楚
that privilege is waived by disclosure to a third party.
一旦将信息透露给第三方 则代表放弃保密权
And to which third party did I disclose this information?
我将此信息透露给哪个第三方了
Every student who's read your book...
每个阅读过你书作的学生
"General Principles of Tort Law."
《民事侵权法的一般原则》
On page 108, you write about a settlement
在书的第108页 你提到一场和解
between a silicon-wafer company and its employee.
涉及到一家硅片公♥司♥及其员工
A citation for educational purposes.
这是一则带有教育目的的引例
No names were used, but the passage includes
虽未提及名称 但文章中包含大量相关内容
enough identifying information to qualify as disclosure.
足已构成透露保密信息的事实
Privilege protects private information, but in her book,
保密权可对隐私信息进行保护 但在书中
Professor Daily makes that information public.
黛莉教授将该信息公之于众
Your honor, I object to this line of questioning.
法官大人 我反对该项提问
Objection overruled.
反对无效
The witness will answer the question.
请证人回答该问题
Yes, I negotiated that settlement.
是的 我参与了该次和解
Isn't it true that EastBay was aware
东湾公♥司♥是不是已经意识到
that methanol in their clean room
洁净室中的甲醇
sickens the children of nursing mothers?
会导致哺乳期母亲的后代患病
Yes.
是的
And did you advise your client
你是否有建议你的委托人
to substitute a safer chemical?
改用更为安全的化学药品
Yes.
有
And did they?
他们采纳了吗
Not to my knowledge.
据我所知没有
Thank you. Nothing further, your honor.
谢谢 讯问完毕 法官大人
Ms. Kaswell, it's gonna be a great day.
卡斯维小姐 今天一定会很精彩
I can feel it.
我能感觉到
You sure you want to go through with this?
你真的想对簿公堂吗
I've been counting down the hours.
我已经迫不及待了
Warren, before we go in,
沃伦 我们上庭之前
I think you should take a look at this.
你应该看看这个
Because I don't think crying on cue is gonna help.
我觉得现场挤眼泪没什么用处
I'll drop the suit.
我撤诉
Yeah, you will.
如我所料
Oh, before you, uh, roll on out of here,
在你"滚"出法♥院♥之前
the D.A. is gonna want to ask you a few questions.
地检官要问你几个问题
Nobody likes a fraud.
骗子从来不招人待见
You're right, Warren -- it is gonna be a great day.
你说得对 沃伦 今天一定会很精彩
Kim, you're going in the wrong direction.
金 你走错方向了
Case dismissed. You're welcome.
案件撤消了 不用客气
Hey, Veronika.
维罗妮卡
Jane. Hi.
简 你好
I just came to say goodbye.
我只是来向你道个别
I just spoke with Alison.
我刚跟艾莉森聊过
Oh. And with the money we got them,
利用我们为他们赢得的赔偿金
William will get his treatment
威廉姆就能接受治疗了
and Alison's gonna go back to school.
艾莉森也可以重返校园
That's amazing, right?
这简直太棒了
That's one word for it.
说得没错
Professor.
教授
You weren't in class this morning.
你今早没去上课
I know. I-I was with our client. I'm sorry.
我知道 我当时跟委托人在一起 抱歉
Don't be. Nice work in there, counselor.
不必道歉 你在庭上的表现很棒 律师
I didn't see it coming.
出乎我所料
And, Jane, nice to see you again.
简 很高兴再次见到你
Impressive, as always.
你还是一如既往地出色
Best New Business, Perishables. I got a trophy!
最佳新企业奖易腐商品类 我拿到奖杯啦
Congratulations!
恭喜恭喜
I'm proud of you. Thank you.
我真为你骄傲 谢谢
It was an amazing night.
今晚简直太精彩了
Okay, now, tell me about your trip,
好了 跟我说说你的斯坦福之旅
but leave out all the boring legal stuff.
不过那些无聊的法律事务就不要提了
Grayson and I almost kissed.
格雷森和我差点接吻了
Oh, my god.
天啊
I know. I know. Hold on.
我知道 等等
Wait. Almost?
等等 什么叫差点
Okay, so, there was a full moon.
当时是月圆之夜
And at Stanford, there's this kissing tradition. Go on.
在斯坦福有个接吻习俗 接着说
So, he looked me in the eye,
于是他就注视着我的双眼
and I swear he was gonna kiss me.
我敢保证他已经打算要吻我了
But?
但是呢
But we got interrupted, and then the moment was gone.
但是我们被打断了 情绪没了
Oh, no.
不是吧
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表