剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
Boom! Instant dream team.
梦之队立刻成立
The judge ruled that the defendant
法官裁定
had been acting as a business adviser, not a lawyer.
被告只是商业顾问 而非律师
And the jury awarded us seven figures.
而陪审团判处给我们7位数的赔偿
There it is.
这就对了
Dispatches from the real world.
真实案例
So, Ms. Bingum,
宾格温小姐
your case turned on attorney-client privilege.
你的案件引出了律师和客户间的保密协定
Yes. Would you please recite
对 那你能为我们背诵
the other common exceptions to the privilege?
协定外的其他普遍例外吗
You have 10 seconds.
你有十秒
Okay.
好
Okay.
好
Um, um, well, there's the crime-fraud exception,
好吧 有诈骗及刑事案件的例外
overheard public conversations,
在公共区域谈话被无意听见
suing a lawyer for malpractice,
起诉律师玩忽职守
and production of privileged documents during disclosure.
在公开阶段对相关文件的知情权
Aah! And?
还有呢
And disclosure to a third party.
泄露给第三方
Yes.
对
Well done. Class, thank our guests.
很好 同学们 感谢我们的嘉宾
Oh, thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you so much for coming.
多谢你们能来
It was our pleasure.
这是我们的荣幸
Janie, how does it feel to be back at campus?
简宝 重回校园感觉如何
Uh, um, like I am here for the first time, actually.
实际上 就好像我初到此地一般
Professor Daily, excuse me. I'm very sorry to interrupt.
黛莉教授 不好意思 抱歉打扰你们
My adviser called in sick.
我的导师请了病假
This is Veronika.
这位是维罗妮卡
She volunteers at our legal clinic.
她是我们临床法学的志愿者
It's where our students try real cases
在这个项目里 学生在执照律师的监管下
with oversight by licensed attorneys.
尝试处理真实案件
My client is owed hundreds of dollars in back wages.
我的委托人被拖欠了数百块的工资
Her baby's ill, and she needs the money.
她的孩子还病着 急需用钱
Can you please stand in?
您能顶替一下吗
I'm teaching all afternoon.
我有一下午的课要上
But you happen to be in the presence
但正好 你的面前正好有一位参加过
of a distinguished alumna of the clinical program.
临床法学教育的出色学姐
Oh, me. Me?
是我啊 是我吗
Yes, me.
对 是我
Yes.
没错
It's a simple case.
这案子很简单
You know, I- I would, but we have to catch a flight.
我很想帮忙 但我们还得赶飞机
I can book us on a later one.
我们可以改签
Oh. Well, great.
好吧 棒极了
Then, uh, we would be happy to help.
那么 我们很乐意帮忙
Thank you.
谢谢你
I don't like Gina.
我不喜欢吉娜
Oh, Teri, you don't like anyone.
泰丽 你就没喜欢过谁
Yeah, this is different.
是啊 但这次不同
At my old firm,
我在之前的律所工作时
my boss was on the partner track,
我的老板正在争取做合伙人
and then Gina showed up.
然后吉娜出现了
Six weeks later, she had poached all of her clients,
六周以后 她就抢走了所有的客户
taken her promotion, and got her fired.
夺走了我老板升职的机会 还炒了她
Well, that happens at big firms.
这在大律所里司空见惯
Kim, she gave Sandra a nervous breakdown.
金 她害得桑德拉精神失常了
She now lives at home with her mother,
现在只能和她妈住在一起
and they watch "Law & order" all day long.
整天看《法律与秩序》
Wow. Okay. This is bad.
好吧 这就糟了
Here's what I need you to do. Name it.
现在我要你做件事 请说
Shut the door on your way out.
出去的时候带上门
Alison works for EastBay Semiconductor.
艾莉森在东湾半导体公♥司♥工作
Impressive.
好厉害
Oh, I'm a glorified janitor.
我充其量就是个清洁工
I just inspect silicon wafers in the clean room.
我的职责就是在洁净室检查硅片是否合规
The company won't pay her the overtime she's due.
公♥司♥不愿支付她应得的加班费
They're claiming that she's an independent contractor.
他们声称她是个独♥立♥合同工
Yeah, claiming full-time employees
没错 将全职员工说成
as independent contractors is just a sneaky way
独♥立♥合同工是个避免支付加班费的
to avoid paying overtime.
狡猾做法
But the judge will see right through it.
但法官会做出正确的裁决
Veronika will make sure.
维罗妮卡可以担♥保♥
Sorry.
抱歉
Had to take the day off work and can't afford a babysitter.
我请不起保姆 只能请假带孩子
That's okay.
没关系
It'll only make us look more sympathetic in court.
这会让我们在法庭上博得更多的同情
Uh, your honor, turning your attention
法官大人 请留意原告的四号♥证物
to plaintiff's exhibit 4, you'll see the, um -- you'll see
你会看见 你会看见
the hours and the days that my client worked in May.
我的委托人在五月所工作的小时数和天数
And after may comes June. We know.
然后就是六月份的 大家都知道
Can we wrap up the show-and-tell?
我们能跳到总结"展示和说明"环节吗
Uh, under court rules,
根据法♥院♥规则
I have the right to present documentary evidence.
我有权展示书面证明
And if you add up all of the hours in May --
如果合计五月所工作的小时数...
Excuse me, your honor?
打扰一下 法官大人
Yes, Can I help you?
是的 有什么事吗
We have an arrest warrant for Alison Thomas.
我们奉命逮捕艾莉森·托马斯
Veronika?
维罗妮卡
Excuse me. What are the charges?
抱歉 罪名是什么
Aggravated assault and endangering the welfare of her child.
故意危害儿童健康罪
Officer, I'd like to see the warrant.
警官 我想看下逮捕令
What? What are they talking about?
什么 他们在说什么
You need to give us the child and come with us.
你得把孩子给我们 再跟我们走一趟
No, no. I didn't do anything.
不不 我什么都没做
I'm not gonna ask you again.
我不想再重复一遍
Alison, um, give William to me.
艾莉森 把威廉姆给我
No.
不行
It's okay. Here.
没关系 给我吧
It's okay.
没事的
It's okay.
没事
Alison Thomas, you have the right to remain silent.
艾莉森·托马斯 你有权保持沉默
Anything that you say can and will be used against you in the court of law.
但你所说的每句话都将成为呈堂证供
No. No, no. Don't take my baby. It's okay.
不不 别带走我的孩子 没事的
Don't. Stop!
不要 住手
Don't give my baby away. Ma'am.
别带走我的孩子 女士
My baby! My baby!
我的孩子 我的孩子
Don't let them take my baby!
别让他们带走我的孩子
I would never hurt my baby.
我绝不会伤害我的孩子
The only reason I'm sueing EastBay
我起诉东湾的唯一理由
is because I need that money to pay his medical bills.
就是想要钱去支付他的医疗费
Alison, what's wrong with him?
艾莉森 他怎么了
He passes out --
无论在我怀里还是婴儿床上
in my arms, in the crib.
他都会突然昏迷
It's so scary.
太可怕了
A- and the doctors -- they -- they don't know why.
可那些医生都不清楚他的病因
What happens now?
现在该怎么办
Okay, I'm going to represent you on criminal charges,
我会在刑事指控中做你的代理人
and then Ms. Bingum has agreed to continue supervising me.
宾格温小姐已经同意继续指导我了
Until a substitute can be found.
在找到另一个持牌律师之前
Oh, Grayson.
格雷森
All right, I spoke with the lead detective.
我和探长谈过了
The police were called by EastBay's on-site daycare.
警方是由东湾的日托叫来的
A supervisor claimed William showed symptoms
监管员声称威廉姆有
of shaken-baby syndrome.
摇晃婴儿综合症的症状
No, no! That's -- that's not possible.
不不 那 那不可能
Okay, the police are holding him pending the results
在明早孩子的身体♥检♥查结果出来之前
of his medical examination tomorrow morning.
他将由警方照看
And, uh, Alison, you'll be released on your own recognizance.
艾莉森 付了保证金 你就能出狱了
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表