剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
Employee injury is a matter for the workers' comp board.
工伤是劳工赔偿局的事
Yesterday, EastBay was in court
昨天 东湾还在法庭
insisting that Alison Thomas is not an employee,
坚持说艾莉森·托马斯不是他们的员工
but an independent contractor.
只是一个独♥立♥承包商
They can't have it both ways.
他们不能变来变去啊
Collateral estoppel.
禁止反言原则
Even if that is the case, your honor,
就算是这样 法官大人
prop 65 warnings at the facility
作业车间的第65号♥提案警告标志
alert workers to the presence of potentially-toxic chemicals.
警示员工有潜在化工毒物的存在
Ms. Thomas assumed the risk.
托马斯小姐认可了危险
Maybe so, but...
或许如此 但是
But -- but what?
但是 但是什么
But...
但是
But the mere presence of a sign
但是仅仅一块标志牌
does not insulate from liability --
并不能使其逃脱法律责任
Kohn v. Badger, INC.
科恩对巴哲公♥司♥案
Plus, the baby is our plaintiff.
况且 小宝宝也是我们的原告
Any waiver by Alison cannot be imputed to her son.
艾莉森放弃的权利不能归咎于她儿子
In Martin v. Cincinnati GAS,
在马丁对辛辛那提煤气公♥司♥案中
the employer was found not liable
职员衣服上携带了石棉回家
when an employee took home asbestos on his clothing,
并因此导致他的孩子生病
thus sickening his child.
雇主被判无罪
I believe the same principle exists here.
我相信这个案子同理
Ms. Bingum.
宾格温小姐
Yes, in Olivo v. Owens-Illinois,
是的 在奥利沃对欧文斯-伊利诺伊案中
the court did find liability
因为对一位亲属的危害可以被预见
because the harm to a relative was deemed foreseeable.
雇主被判有罪
Good point. Motion for summary judgment denied.
论据充分 否决简易判决的动议
We're going to need several weeks to prepare for court, your honor.
我们需要几周时间来准备庭审 法官大人
Uh, your honor, not to rush the court,
法官大人 无意催促
but Mr. Kent and I were just up here visiting, and --
但肯特先生和我只是来这里游览的
Well, it's gratifying to see practicing lawyers
很高兴能看到执业律师
volunteering their time.
志愿帮忙
Well, thank you, and happy to do it.
谢谢 我们很乐意
And I'm happy to accelerate these proceedings.
我也很乐意加快进程
We'll start this afternoon.
我们今天下午开庭
Okay.
好的
I'm so sorry. I-I completely froze.
真对不起 我完全懵了
Oh, it happens to all of us.
大家都会这样的
Hey, we survived summary judgment.
我们总算挺过简易判决了
That's all that matters. We have a lot of work.
这就行了 我们还有很多工作
Hey, Grayson, could you line up an expert witness?
格雷森 你能不能找一位专家证人
I'm on it.
这就去
Veronika, we're gonna need a work space.
维罗妮卡 我们需要一个工作场所
How's a cubicle at the law clinic?
法律诊所的小隔间行吗
Great.
很好
I think I'm gonna contact EastBay's Child-care services,
我要联♥系♥东湾的托儿服务
see if any other employee's child
看看有没有其他员工的孩子
suffered from methanol poisoning.
也遭受了甲醇毒害
You want to know if EastBay was put on notice.
你想知道东湾有没有受到警告
Exactly. Let's get to work.
正是 我们开工吧
Hey. You wanted to see me?
你要见我
Yeah. We have a problem.
是的 我们有个问题
I spoke with Warren. He will not reconsider.
我跟沃伦谈过了 他不会重新考虑
He wants to go to trial.
他想进行庭审
Okay. Uh, we'll go to trial.
好吧 那我们就庭审
I mean, wheelchair or not,
不管坐不坐轮椅
the guy's high if he thinks the jury's gonna award him
这家伙要是以为陪审团会判给他所要的赔偿数目
anything close to what he's asking.
真是想得太美了
No, Kim, my client wanted to settle.
不 金 我的客户要和平解决
You went against his wishes and my orders.
你违背了他的意愿和我的指令
Excuse me? Look, trial's not an option.
你说什么 审判不是好出路
Marty's ex-wife is threatening to reopen their divorce.
马蒂的前妻威胁要重提离婚的旧事
And if he has to turn over his finances as part of discovery,
如果他移交财务状况 作为调查取证的一部分
it becomes public record, and his ex-wife has access.
那就会成为公共记录 他的前妻就可以查看了
Which would obviously be a disaster for Marty.
这对马蒂来说显然是场灾难
Well, it would have been nice to know this
要是在和解会议之前
before our settlement conference.
知道这点就好了
I don't have to explain myself to you.
我不需要向你汇报情况
Okay.
好吧
I will try to get the case dismissed pre-discovery.
我会尽量让案子在调查取证前结案
That way, no financials exchange hands.
这样就不用移交财务状况报告
Good.
很好
Teri, I need you to --
泰丽 我要你...
find grounds to get your case dismissed before it goes to trial?
找到证据帮你结案 避免进入庭审阶段
How do you know that? Thank you, intercom system.
你怎么知道的 谢啦 内部通话系统
But that's not important right now.
但这不是当务之急
Oh, that Gina. She is lovely, isn't she?
这个吉娜 她真是可爱 是吧
Uh...look, I need you to go over every detail of this case.
我要你查看这个案子的每一个细节
Was the walk light on the fritz?
路灯是不是出了故障
Was there a tree obscuring the driver's view?
有没有树阻挡司机的视线
Anything you can get to discredit Warren's story.
任何可以质疑沃伦说法的细节
I'm all over it.
我这就做
Thanks.
谢了
Veronika.
维罗妮卡
Hey, Jane, you got to see what I found.
简 快来看我发现了什么
I was president.
我担任过主席
Yeah, first female president. That's pretty cool.
是的 第一位女主席 真酷
Wow, you haven't changed at all.
你一点都没变
Well, to be honest, I feel like a completely different person...
说实话 我觉得自己完全变了个人
With much better hair.
发质更好了
I didn't -- you know, I just found the right products.
我没有 我只是找到了适合自己的洗发水
How did it go at EastBay?
东湾的案子怎么样了
I talked to their child-care supervisor.
我和他们的托儿主管谈过了
A few years ago, they had an employee named Claudia Dawson.
几年前 一个叫克劳迪娅·道森的员工
Her child died from shaken-baby syndrome.
她的孩子死于摇晃婴儿综合症
Now, it might not be related to methanol.
虽然这可能与甲醇无关
But nonetheless, I'm having Teri track her down.
但我还是让泰丽去找她了
So, any luck finding an expert witness?
找到专家证人了吗
Every one I called has already been retained by EastBay.
我问到的人都被东湾预聘了
Classic strategy for a deep-pocket defendant.
这是经典的深袋辩护策略
But I'm working on a list of second-tier candidates.
但我正在与第二梯队候选人沟通
Good, good.
很好 很好
So, our strategy is --
我们的策略是
we hope for a last-minute settlement,
希望能达成和解
but we are prepared to go all the way to verdict.
但也做好面对法庭裁决的准备
Okay.
好的
Members of the Small Business Association,
小型企业联合会的各位
honored guests, your majesty, I'm grateful to --
尊敬的来宾们 陛下 我要感谢...
Spaghetti and meatballs. What?
意大利面和肉丸子 什么
You invited me over here for lunch.
你是请我来吃午饭的
Enough with the blah, blah, blah.
我听够你的废话了
I want to eat, and I'm thinking Italian.
现在我想吃饭 意式菜应该不错
I asked you to come over here
我是请你过来
and listen to me rehearse my acceptance speech,
听我做获奖感言排练的
and then we can go to lunch.
然后一起吃个午饭
Forget rehearsal.
别管排练了
A good speech is just like good sex --
精彩的演讲就跟欢愉的性♥爱♥一样
spontaneous and performed in front of a live audience.
你在现场观众面前自然地表现就好
Stacy.
史黛西
I think you're taking this award too seriously.
我觉得你把这个颁奖礼看得太重了
It's just a silly dinner.
那只是个蠢乎乎的晚宴而已
Nope.
才不蠢
For the first time in my life,
这是我有生以来第一次
I am being recognized for something I did
因为利用自己的大脑和热箱子
with my brain and my hot box.
而得到认可
It's what my grandma calls the oven.
我祖母管那玩意叫做烤箱
Anyway, you don't have to understand,
总之 你可以不理解我
but you don't have to be mean.
但也不用这么嘲讽我
And you definitely don't have to go.
而你也不必出席了
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表