剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
I'm gonna keep fighting for this poor girl.
我会继续为这个可怜的女人战斗的
Okay, slow down, sparky. I did find something.
悠着点 激动女 我找到了突破点
And it may be enough to defeat their motion.
应该能驳斥他们的动议
Okay. Let's hear it.
好吧 我洗耳恭听
Your fourth season of "Ugly duckling"
今年秋季就要放第四季的《丑小鸭》
premieres this fall, correct?
首播集了 对吗
Yes.
是的
But prior to this TV season,
但在这一季之前
"Ugly duckling" was a mid-season show, airing in January?
《丑小鸭》是冬季档节目 在一月播出
That's correct.
没错
Had Renee Maynard been on your show,
如果芮妮·梅纳德上你的节目
her procedures would have included
她的整形手术就会包括
eyelid, gum and cheek surgery,
割眼皮 整牙 削颊骨
lip augmentation and rhinoplasty, correct?
丰唇和隆鼻 对吗
I believe so.
我想是的
And given the required recovery time,
而鉴于其所需的复原时间
these procedures would have taken six months to complete?
这些手术得花六个月才能完成 对吗
Yes, about.
差不多吧
But this season, because of the fall premiere,
正因为这季提早到秋季播出
you had only four months to complete the procedures.
而你只有四个月的时间完成这些手术
You didn't drop Renee Maynard because she was too ugly.
你并不是因为芮妮·梅纳德太丑而放弃她
You dropped her because her procedures
你放弃她是因为她的手术
would not have been completed in time for your airdate.
不能在预定播出时间之前及时做完
Isn't that right?
这么说对吗
Your honor, what does this have to do with wrongful death?
法官大人 这和过失致死有什么关系
It doesn't.
是没关系
We are amending our complaint to include
我们将起诉修正为
breach of implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing.
违反诚信和公平交易的默示条款
They are grasping at straws.
她们是瞎抓救命稻草
Well, Mr. Dillingham, counselor has raised questions of fact.
迪林厄姆先生 控方提出了事实疑点
Your motion is denied.
驳回你方的动议
That was impressive.
你表现得真好
Oh, sir, we're not allowed to speak to our jurors.
先生 我们不能和陪审员谈话
Got it.
知道了
I just want to let you know you're gonna win.
只想告诉你一声 你们会赢的
I know it for a fact.
我深信不疑
That did not just happen.
刚才是什么情况
Let's just hope he's right.
但愿他说的是对的
Kim, a juror spoke to us.
金 陪审员和我们说话了
That's grounds for a mistrial.
这是无效审判的依据
Not if we keep our mouths shut.
只要我们不说出去就行
I have never wanted to win so badly.
我从未如此渴望赢过
but under the rules, professional contact,
但基于职业规定
we have to report the juror communication to the judge.
这次与陪审员的谈话 我们得告知法官
If the judge declares a mistrial,
如果法官宣布无效审判
who knows what happens with a new jury.
谁会知道新陪审团会怎么样
Since when are you such a stickler for rules, anyway?
你从什么时候开始这么守规矩了
The point is, if this gets out It won't!
重点是 如果泄露了 不会的
Mr. Dillingham.
迪林厄姆先生
I have an overly cautious client who wants this case to go away.
我那过分谨慎的委托人想尽快解决这案子
$250,000.
二十五万美金
Get back to me by 5:00.
五点之前给我答复
Yeah, I leave day after tomorrow --
是的 后天离开
10:00 a.m. LAX to Toronto.
早上十点 洛杉矶国际机场飞多伦多
Okay, I'll see you then.
好的 到时见
Canada?
加拿大
Yeah, it's a temp job as a private caregiver.
对 是份做私人护理的临时工
You know, I went looking for you in Chicago.
我曾在芝加哥到处找你
Turns out you were nearby the whole time.
可原来你一直都离我这么近
You know, I'm confused, Jay.
我很困惑 杰
You yell at me, then you try to pay me to go away.
你冲我大吼 又想用钱打发我
Look, I was angry you never told me about Eric.
我当时很生气 你从未对我提过艾瑞克
But now I want to be a part of his life.
但现在我想成为他生活的一部分
$250,000 is a lot of money.
二十五万可是很大一笔钱
You'll collect a lot more if we win.
如果我们赢了 你还能拿到更多
Their offer takes our floral business out of bankruptcy.
这笔钱能让我们的花店摆脱破产窘境
That's what Renee would want.
这是芮妮的心愿
But it doesn't send a message to Whitlow.
但这不会使惠特洛吸取教训
That man only understands money.
那男人只关心金钱
I mean, I say you hit him where it counts.
要我说 就得痛击他的要害
Jane, feel free to chime in.
简 你也来讨论下
Yeah, what do you think?
你怎么想
Kim is probably right.
金说得没错
Okay, then.
那好吧
I reject the offer.
我拒绝他们开的条件
Mr. Parker would like to see you right now.
帕克先生现在就想见你们俩
Uh, Dillingham called me. We should take their offer.
迪林厄姆刚打给我 我们该接受那条件
Ooh. You're literally seconds too late.
你说得有点晚了
Our client just rejected it.
我们的委托人刚拒绝了
Oh, god! Is that a rat?!
天呐 那是只老鼠吗
It's the subject of my arbitration.
这可是我仲裁的对象
Two women think this rat is
两个女人认为一个男人的灵魂
a reincarnated man.
转世在这只老鼠身上
Why do crazy people get access to our judicial system?
法♥院♥也让疯子进门了
Reincarnation exists.
转世是存在的
That is a fact.
这是事实
Of course, coming back as a rat probably means
当然啦 转世到老鼠身上八成说明
this man is paying for some terrible karma.
他上辈子造孽太多 需要为此付出代价
The concepts of karma and reincarnation
因果报应和转世的概念
are for the weak-minded who need something to hold onto
都是由意志薄弱的人想出来的
to justify their meager, inconsequential lives.
借此抚慰自己残缺又无意义的生命
I think not believing in karma
我认为不信因果循环
allows people to do morally questionable things
往往会让人不用受到良心的谴责
without a hint of a conscience.
而做出些不道德的事
If it looks like a rat, gnaws like a rat,
如果它的外形 啮咬的样子
and squeaks like a rat,
吱吱叫的声音都像只老鼠
it's a rat.
那就是只老鼠了
The point is both of these women believe
重点是这两个女人都深信
that this rat is a reincarnated man,
这只老鼠是个男人的转世
And you have to honor that.
那你就得尊重这种想法
Uh, actually, under the law, I don't.
事实上 根据法律 我不用这么做
Jane!
简
A certain person who promised you and me
某人可是信誓旦旦向你我做出保证
That they would help with a certain grand opening
说是会帮我弄好开业的事
has failed to do anything but a sound check.
结果除了试试麦克风之外啥也没干
It's no wonder so many small businesses fail.
难怪这么多小企业都破产了
Oh. Sweetie, is that your phone?
亲爱的 你的电♥话♥响了
Yes, but unlike you, I don't have an assistant to answer it.
是的 我不像你 我可没有助理帮我接
At any given time I must choose which fire to put out.
在特定时间我得选择救哪处的火
I am currently putting out the fire
我正在扑灭虚假承诺和
of false promises and unreliability.
不可靠这场火呢
Okay. Oh! It was the health department.
是卫♥生♥部♥的电♥话♥
They have finally called me back about my health permit.
我那卫生许可证的事他们终于回电♥话♥了
Oh. Teri. You said you would help her.
泰丽 你说过会帮她的
And I will not let you down.
我不会让你失望的
Jane, the clerk called.
简 书♥记♥员打电♥话♥来了
The judge wants to see us in his chambers now.
法官让我们去他办公室
Explain this to me, Ms. Bingum.
给我解释解释 宾格温女士
Well, as you can see, I informed the juror
你也看到了 我告诉陪审员
that we were not allowed to speak to him.
我们不能和他说话
What did juror number 3 say to you?
三号♥陪审员和你说什么了
He said... that we were going to win.
他说 我们会赢
What?! He said we were going to win.
什么 他说我们会赢
Your honor, I move for an immediate mistrial.
法官大人 我请求立即宣布无效审判
When you brought this to my attention,
当你把这带子给我的时候
I questioned juror number 3.
我就问过三号♥陪审员
Now, he didn't discuss this case with any other juror.
他没和其他陪审员讨论过本案
He was just trying to impress Ms. Kaswell.
他只是想打动卡斯维女士
Oh, well, I was not impressed, your honor.
我可没被打动 法官大人
You weren't very forthcoming, either.
你也不怎么诚实
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表