我在个人广♥告♥栏里打了个广♥告♥
I advertised in the personal columns.
"被维莉蒂烦扰
"Haunted by Verity,
渴望真♥相♥ 请联♥系♥我"
desperate for the truth. Please contact."
我收到了邮寄过来的两张票
I received two tickets by post.
卡片上印着她的名字
Her name on a card.
你有没有可能 在哪里遇见过维莉蒂呢
Had you, perhaps, met Verity somewhere?
在弗莱斯特庄园
Forrester Grange,
或者修女们的圣伊丽莎白修道院
or where the nuns were, St Elspeth's?
或者在金伯恩
Or er...Kilburn,
她寄宿在朗姆莉先生家里的地方
where she lodged with Mr Lumley?
就算见过 我也不记得了
If I had, I doubt I'd remember.
怎么会不记得
Why not?
我脑子里某个地方
Somewhere in here
有敦刻尔克战役留下的弹片
is shrapnel from Dunkirk.
我失忆了 在多佛医院住了六个月
My memory conked out. It took six months in Dover Hospital
才恢复记忆 和确认身份
for me to recover it...and be identified.
我跟罗文娜是在圣诞节之后重聚的
It was Christmas before I was reuned with Rowena.
你跟她说过维莉蒂吗
Did you tell her about Verity?
它使我心烦意乱
It upset me too much.
是的 西德尼跟我说了维莉蒂·亨特的事
Yes, Sydney told me about Verity Hunt and,
没错 我想我们是有点像
yes, I suppose there is a resemblance.
尤其是我们在车里第一次看见你的时候
Especially when we first saw you on the coach.
你什么意思
What do you mean?
你那时候没这么老练
You were less...sophisticated.
没带首饰 妆很淡
No jewellery, hardly any make-up.
瑞伯恩先生叫你维莉蒂的时候
Like you were when Mr Raeburn
你也是那个样子
called you Verity.
西德尼有时喜欢我那样打扮
Sydney prefers me like that sometimes.
会让他想到她 那又怎样
It reminds him of her. So what?
你之前见过团里的谁吗
Had you met anyone else in the group before?
没有 谢谢
No, thank you.
所以 那个下午...
So, that afternoon...
我在生西德尼的气
I was upset with Sydney.
我都是一个人爬那些石山
I went up to those rocks on my own all the time.
具体在哪里
Exactly where?
石头都长得差不多啊
One rock's the same as another.
不是吗
Right?
石头都长得差不多
One rock's the same as another.
我在找玛格丽特 她心情不好
I was looking for Margaret. She was in a bad mood.
这跟瓦迪夫人的意外有什么关系
What's this got to do with Mrs Waddy's accident?
你最好跟我讲讲维莉蒂的事
Perhaps you'd prefer to tell me about Verity.
我没什么好隐瞒的
I've got nothing to hide.
1939年秋天 我妈妈去世了
Autumn '39, when my mother passed away,
我就登广♥告♥招一个房♥客
I advertised for a lodger.
就这样 我不想一个人住
Yeah. Just for the company.
我把房♥间租给她了 虽然她付不起房♥租
I let her have room, even though she couldn't quite afford it
我们常常去打撞球
Sometimes we used to go to the flicks.
我给她买♥♥巧克力
I'd get her chocolates.
星期天我们会听无线电广播
Sundays we used to listen to the wireless.
我向她求婚 她就逃走了
I asked her to marry me. She ran away.
我收到一张来自梅德赫斯特的明信片
I had this picture postcard from Medhurst
她在上面很客气地道了歉
saying a very nice sorry,
因此我就去圣伊丽莎白修道院找她
so I traced her to St Elspeth's in the hope that...
希望...我也许可以说服她改变想法
well, I could talk her into changing her mind
但是...她们不让我进去
but...they wouldn't let me in.
我绝不会伤害她的
I wouldn't harm her in a million years.
她真正害怕的人
If you want to know who scared her,
是高贵而冷酷的阿曼达·戴琳普尔
it's the Honourable Amanda bloody Dalrymple.
她当然会害怕我...
Of course I scared her...
你没必要回答
You're not obliged to answer.
你也没必要打断她说话
And you're not obliged to interrupt.
警探先生 使用权并不因被滥用而丧失
Abusus non tollit usum, Detective Constable.
我还滴滴答答乒乒乓乓呢
And hic haec hoc dickory dock.
这里不是法庭
You're not in court now.
是我因为她偷东西把她解雇的
It was me who had her dismissed for stealing.
据我所知 维莉蒂不像是会做贼的人
Verity doesn't sound like a thief, from what I've heard.
你没资格评论别人的人品 看看你和艾薇儿
You're no judge of character. Look at you and Avril.
我最能判断一个人的人品了
I'm an excellent judge of character.
要让你们单独聊聊么
Should we leave you alone?
我在想
I was thinking...
你弄坏那张照片的时候
when you broke that photograph,
看起来不仅仅是对她偷东西而不满
it did seem rather more than mere disapproval of a thief.
没错 你为什么这么讨厌她
Yes. Why would you hate her so much?
我不知道 我...
I don't know. I...
当然 作为弗莱斯特勋爵最近的血亲
Of course, you do inherit Forrester Grange...
你将会继承弗莱斯特庄园
as the next of kin to Lord Forrester.
这跟案子有什么关系
What's that to do with anything?
你说过维莉蒂从小到大
You said that Verity grew up
都以为自己的父亲死了
believing her father had died
但是如果弗莱斯特勋爵就是她的父亲呢
but suppose he was Lord Forrester.
没错 她妈妈死的时候 维莉蒂二十一岁了
Yes. When her mother died and Verity turned 21 ,
叔叔修改了遗嘱 有利于她
Uncle changed his will in favour of her
因为她是他唯一的孩子
because she was his only child.
我失去了继承权
Naturally I was furious at the prospect
当然很生气 我就告诉了她真♥相♥
of losing my inheritance, and I told her the truth.
我说她只是
That she was nothing
她那个妓♥女♥妈妈和我那个色鬼叔叔
more than the illegitimate result of a sordid romp
生的不合理法的私生女
between her tart of a mother and my goat of an uncle.
她非常难过 所以就走了
She was remarkably upset, and that's why she ran away,
自那以后我再也没见过她
and that's the last I saw of her.
但你现在是弗莱斯特勋爵的继承人了
But you are Lord Forrester's heiress now,
那么...维莉蒂一定是死了
so...Verity must be dead.
不在场不得为继承人
Absens haeres non erit.
意思是如果你不在 就无法获得遗产
Which means if you're not around, you don't get the swag.
四年前 我宣布她死亡
Four years ago, I had her declared dead
因为她已经失踪七年 杳无音信
as she'd been missing for seven without trace.
你是否还记得
Do you by any chance remember
维莉蒂是否如照片上一样
Verity wearing a locket around her neck,
戴着一个盒子吊坠在脖子上呢
as she was In the photograph?
我一向对廉价珠宝没有兴趣
I'm not in the habit of noticing cheap jewellery.
那天下午在石山上
Now, that afternoon on the Rocks,
他说 他追蝴蝶追得迷路了
he got lost chasing butterflies, he says,
我就直接走了 回到这里
and I came straight back down and returned here.
- 有人看见你了吗 - 他们一定听到了
- Did anyone see you? - They certainly would have heard .
有一个修女 我不知道具体是哪个
One of the nuns. I don't know which.
我经过了时候叫了一下
I called out as I passed.
但是我们没说话
But we didn't speak.
我确实听到了戴琳普尔小姐叫我
I did hear Miss Dalrymple call
但我当时正在冥想
but I was deep in meditation.
我去找迈克尔了
I'd gone in search of Michael,
敦促他跪在万能的上帝面前
to urge him to kneel like the blackhearted sinner that he is
忏悔他的罪过
and confess his guilt before the Almighty.
他很幸运地逃过了
Fortunately for him, he disappeared.
我跟韦斯特先生比赛攀岩 我赢了
I challenged Mr West to a stiff climb...and won.
她腿比我长 我到达山顶的时候 你就消失了
Her legs are longer. When I reached top you'd disappeared.
我去探险了
I went exploring.
你不觉得奇怪吗
Does it strike you as odd
你们十个人中已经死了两个人
that two out of your ten passengers are dead
但这只是旅行的第二天
and it's only the second day of the tour?
不 我们一共十二个人
No, it's 12 passengers.
不 韦斯特先生和马普尔小姐不能算在里面
No, Mr West and Miss Marple don't count.
为什么
Oh? Why?
在弗莱斯特庄园的时候 瑞伯恩指控我杀了她
At Forrester Grange, Raeburn accused me of killing her.
他知道我的过去
He guessed who I was
因为维莉蒂跟他说过我的事情
because Verity told him about me.
他和阿格涅斯都疯了
He was crazy and so is that Agnes,
还有其他人也疯了 他们认为是我...
and so is anyone who thinks that I could...
- 我们当时那么相爱 - 是吗
- We were so in love. - Were you?
我相信我们是一见钟情的
From that first moment, I believe.
后来我们爱得越来越深
And it became more, and grew,
剧集 | 马普尔小姐探案(2004) | 导航列表