接纳那些医院再没办法拯救的伤者
those that hospital could do nothing more for
而且 出于种种原因 他们回不了家
and, for one reason or another, they couldn't go home.
我们有护理能力 还有一些医疗支持
We had our nursing skills and some medical support
我们尽力照顾他们
and did our best for them.
尽管事实上 有时只有那些并不够
Though, in truth, it wasn't always enough.
然后在1940年的不列颠之战中
And then in 1940, the Battle of Britain,
迈克尔的飞机被击落了
Michael's aircraft was shot down
维莉蒂发现他还活着
and Verity found him alive.
我们给了他庇护
We gave him sanctuary.
可他是一个德国飞行员
A German airman?
爱你的敌人
Well, love thine enemy.
另一个德国飞行员
Another German pilot
被当地居民发现的时候 差点被他们杀死
was nearly killed by local villagers when they found him.
维莉蒂偷偷地照顾他
Verity nursed him in secret,
远离我们正式的病人
away from our official patients.
- 他们相爱了 - 是的
- They fell in love? - Yes.
我记得她离开的那一天
I remember the day she left.
她当时在为拉尔夫·柯林斯守夜
She was keeping vigil with Ralph Collins,
那是一位行将就木的英国皇家空军飞行员
an RAF pilot who was nearing his end.
然后她告诉我
And then she told me that
她和迈克尔要私奔了
she and Michael were running away together
她要和他在梅德赫斯特的
and she was to meet him here
圣文德石山那里见面
in Medhurst on Bonaventure Rocks.
我提醒她 她已经将自己奉献给了上帝
And I reminded her that she had offered herself to God.
我让她到小教堂来
I told her to come to the chapel
然后向圣伊丽莎白祈求力量
and pray to St Elspeth for strength
然后告诉迈克尔 他们应永不相见
to tell Michael that she must never see him again.
她祈祷了
And pray she did...
圣伊丽莎白给予了她力量
..and St Elspeth gave her the strength.
我必须承认 我很吃惊
I must confess I was very surprised.
因为年轻人的爱有时尤其强大
Young love can be so strong.
但是院长正如以往一样 她是对的
But Mother Superior was right, as she always is,
维莉蒂放弃了她对迈克尔的感情 选择了上帝
and Verity chose God over her passion for Michael.
我祝了她好运 然后她去告诉他
I wished her good luck and off she went to tell him.
但是她再也没有回来
But she never came back.
然后大约一周之后
And a week or so later,
当我们在埋葬可怜的拉尔夫·柯林斯的时候
when we were burying poor Ralph Collins,
消息传来说迈克尔被抓起来了
news reached us that Michael had been captured
并被带到了战俘营
and taken to a prisoner-of-war camp.
我们再也没有维莉蒂的消息了
We never heard from Verity again.
- 你们有报告她的失踪吗 - 有
- Did you report her missing? - Yes.
但令我耻辱终生的是
But to my everlasting shame,
我只告诉警方说 她去梅德赫斯特办事了
I only told police that she'd gone into Medhurst on an errand.
我不能提及迈克尔
I couldn't mention Michael
因为我会因庇护敌人而面对牢狱之苦的
because I would have faced prison myself for harbouring the enemy
他杀了她是我的过错
And it was my fault he killed her.
不能这么说
We can't say that.
挫败的欲望能够释放
Thwarted desire can unleash evil
即便是最好的灵魂中的邪恶
even in the best of souls.
你还认为这一切只是巧合吗
You still think all of this is a coincidence?
弗莱斯特庄园 瑞伯恩 维莉蒂
Forrester Grange, Raeburn, Verity.
不 但是...我只能...
Well, no, but em...well if I can em...
我只能告诉你这些巧合...
if I can tell you about this coincidence...
我觉得我们无能为力
Well, I don't see what we can do about it.
事情的关键是
You see, the principle of the matter is
- 有很多事实... - 我们...
- a lot of facts... - We...
如果我能做的话 还要你干嘛
One doesn't keep a dog and bark oneself.
这是个重要的问题
That's a typical question.
因为如果交换...
Because there's a permutation that was...
滚吧 德里克
Oh, go away, Derrek.
我受够了 西德尼 我很害怕
I've had enough of it, Sydney. I'm frightened.
我们现在不能收手
We're not stopping now.
求求你了
Please...
这事缺了你就做不了 亲爱的
I can't manage without you, darling.
这是我们两个的事
We're in this together.
你在乎的不是我 对吗
It's not me you care about, is it?
等等 别做傻事
Wait, don't be silly.
慢一点
Slow down!
我知道你是谁
I know who you are.
打扮得老了点 穿得更整齐
A few years older and dressing sharper...
但那就是你
..but it's you.
是吗
Is it?
我有一个提议
I've got a proposition.
晚些时候来我的房♥间 单独来
Come to my room later, without your husband.
- 你还好吗 - 我没事
- You alright? - Yeah, I'm fine.
一定可以从顶上看到海岸那边
You can see right to the coast, apparently, from the top.
是吗
Yeah?
不如
You know...
我在这里等你吧
I think I'll wait for you here.
- 心脏又不舒服了吗 - 不 我没事
- Is it playing up? - No, it's fine.
- 我陪着你吧 - 不用 你去吧 我没事
- I'll wait with you. - No, no, you go on, it's fine.
- 好吧 - 我们待会见
- All right. - Yeah. I'll see you later.
- 再见 亲爱的 - 好
- Bye, love. - Yeah.
你想怎么样
What do you want?
乔治娜
Georgina?
我拿到瑞伯恩先生心脏病药的检测报告了
I've had the report on Mr Raeburn's heart medicine.
没有发现毒药
Not a trace of poison.
但我要求了验尸 结果证明你是对的
But I did order a postmortem and you were right.
他是被毒死的
He was poisoned.
什么时候
When?
最晚
At the latest,
在他睡觉之后不久 最早在七点钟
soon after he went to bed. At the earliest, seven o'clock.
没错 韦斯特先生
Exactly, Mr West.
可能有人把毒药放到了他的香槟里
Could someone have slipped it into his champagne?
肯定是
Certainly.
你们好 抱歉 有人看见罗文娜了吗
Hi. Sorry, has anyone seen Rowena?
我们的在天之父 愿你的名受显扬
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name,
愿你的国来临
thy kingdom come
原你的旨意奉行在人间 如同在天上
thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
我们不确定她是不是被推下去的
We don't know she was pushed.
有可能她失足滑下去了
Perhaps she just lost her footing.
不 我不这么认为
Er, no, no, I can't see it.
哈兹先生说得对 雷蒙德
Oh, Mr Hards is right, Raymond.
罗文娜·瓦迪肯定是被谋杀的
Of course Rowena Waddy was murdered.
你发现了什么
What have you got there?
只是一根稻草
Just a piece of straw.
你看到的这个人影是怎样的
What about this figure you saw?
我只瞥见了他 深色夹克 戴帽子...
I only glimpsed him. Dark jacket, hat...
你说"他"
See, you say "him".
- 有没有可能是个女人 - 我想有可能
- Could it have been a woman? - I suppose so.
- 那边有什么东西吗 - 没有
- Is there something over there? - No.
没有什么东西
No, there isn't.
不如我们暂时把这个当做意外处理
Why not treat this as an accident for now?
我们中的一员是个凶手
One of our group is a killer
在我们弄清楚
and until we know
他们为什么谋杀瑞伯恩先生
why they murdered Mr Raeburn
或许还有维莉蒂·亨特之前...
and possibly Verity Hunt...
不要打草惊蛇对吗
Don't put their guard up?
正是
Exactly.
那么
Now...
你是否认识一个叫做杰森·拉斐尔的男人呢
Do you know of a man called Jason Rafiel?
我还以为她一定是走了另一条路
I thought she must have gone down another way.
我就回来了 她不在 我小睡了一会
I came back, but she wasn't there. I took a nap...
我昨晚没睡好
I didn't sleep well last night
我醒来之后 仍然没有她的踪影
and when I woke...still no sign of her.
- 你经常做噩梦吗 - 是的
- Is your sleep often disturbed? - Yeah.
那个名字
The name...
维莉蒂
..Verity...
几乎要让我疯掉了
..almost drives me mad.
那是你来这里的真实原因吗
Is that the real reason that you're here?
剧集 | 马普尔小姐探案(2004) | 导航列表