剧集 | 政客 | 导航列表
In eight months,
我会设立总统竞选研究委员会
I'll be launching an exploratory committee for a presidential run.
只是没什么好研究的了
Except there's nothing to explore.
我要参加竞选
I'm running.
总统之位我势在必得
And I'm gonna win.
但是
But...
我需要你的帮助
I need your help.
帮什么忙
Doing what?
做我的竞选搭档
You're gonna be my running mate.
慢着
Hold on!
我是哈达莎·戈尔德 参谋长...
Hadassah Gold by the way, chief of staff...
我能拿下得克萨斯州
I can win Texas.
这我已经证明了
I proved that already.
我只需再拿下纽约和加州便可
All I have to prove is I can win New York and California.
你能帮我实现
You can make that happen.
抱歉 可我是个州议员
I'm sorry, but I'm a state senator.
纽约落后工业区的有诚意议员
From New York City with bona fides in the Rust Belt.
你将特斯拉超级工厂引进布法罗
You brought that Tesla Gigafactory to Buffalo,
证明了工业城市在21世纪也能找到一席之地
proving you can bring a manufacturing city into the 21st century
一举轰动了全国
and build a national profile doing it,
而且你在华尔街也有人脉
and you're connected to Wall Street.
我需要取得金融部门的信任
I need to prove to the financial sector I can be trusted.
你是立法机构的成员 这可不太妙
Now, you're a member of the legislature, that's not great.
这意味着你是政坛内部人士
It means you're a political insider,
不过是来自奥尔巴尼
but an insider in Albany...
而非华盛顿
not Washington.
实际上 你从未在华盛顿工作过
In fact, you've never worked in Washington,
我觉这点可以成为我们的优势
and I think we can spin that to work in our favor.
我不知道该说什么了
I'm speechless.
我... 我受宠若惊 但我...
I'm just... I'm very flattered. But I...
那么 我是说
What about, I mean,
现在还为时尚早
it's so early.
竞选团对竞选搭档的审查
Campaigns don't vet their running mates
要在大会前才开始
until right before the convention.
我不走寻常路
Well, I'm doing things differently.
我要让选民看到我的果断
I want the voters to know I'm decisive.
我做过研究
I've done my homework.
我从第一天就做好了准备
You know? I'll be ready to go on day one.
我觉得这也是个好故事
I think it's a good story too.
我们组队竞选 买♥♥一赠一
We'll campaign as a team, two for one.
一个历练老成的纽约自♥由♥党人
The liberal New Yorker with a lifetime of experience
与一个足智多谋的得州英俊热血青年
standing behind the good-looking young firebrand with bold new ideas
并肩作战
from the great state of Texas.
我真觉得我们不可能输
I honestly don't think we can lose.
什么时候给你答复
When do you need an answer?
得了 你不可能会拒绝的
Oh, come on. There's no way you're saying no.
我想知道的是
What I need to know is this:
选你我有没有 后顾之忧
is there any reason... why I shouldn't pick you?
人人都有不可告人的秘密
Everybody's got skeletons in the closet
我需要知道你的秘密
and I need to know what yours are.
我能说句话吗
If I may...
很高兴见到你
Nice to meet you, by the way.
我想说
Can I just say...
斯丹迪施议员即将在纽约参议院
Senator Standish is about to run for her
参加她的第十三届连任竞选
13th consecutive term in the New York State Senate.
她的前三次竞选都是全票通过的
Her last three campaigns, she ran unopposed.
共和党已经不再推举候选人
The Republican Party has stopped fielding a candidate
与她竞争了
to run against her,
因为没有对手能从她或是她的家人身上
because no opponent has managed to find an ounce of dirt on this woman
挖到黑料
or her family.
参议员 我向你保证
Senator, I give you my word...
迪迪·斯丹迪施 背景一清二白
Dede Standish, squeaky clean.
参议员
Well, Senator.
你觉得呢
What do you say?
想创造历史吗
You wanna make history?
就这么说定了
You've got yourself a deal.
♪Yeah♪
♪I want somebody♪
♪To hold my hand♪
♪Somebody to love me♪
♪And understand♪
♪I want a woman♪
♪(Woman) I want a lover♪
♪(A lover) I want a friend♪
♪A woman, a lover, a friend♪
♪Mmm, I want somebody...♪
副总统的配偶叫什么
What do they call the vice president's spouse?
第二夫人吗
Second Lady?
是吧
I think so.
那我该叫什么
Well, then what will that make me?
第二先生
Second Gentleman?
第二伙计
Second Dude?
这事还没板上钉钉呢
It's not a done deal yet.
他还得获得提名
He still has to get the nomination.
这期间什么事都可能会发生
A lot can happen between now and then.
确实
That's true.
不过他会获得提名
But he will.
我还以为我已经对政♥治♥失去热情了
I thought I lost the ability to get excited about politics.
统御依然让我热血沸腾
Governing still turns me on,
但这么久以来议员之位
but it's just been so easy for so long
一直都手到擒来 可是...
in terms of campaigning, but...
竞选
running... for...
副总统
vice president!
距世上最位高权重的职位仅咫尺之遥
A heartbeat away from the most powerful job in the world.
首个女副总统
The first woman VP.
那才是让我热血沸腾的竞选
Now that's a campaign I can get excited about.
这不仅事关权力
And it's not just about having power...
也是在创造历史
it's about making history.
"她的历史"
"Herstory."
这是你应得的 宝贝
You deserve it, honey.
来来来
Come, come, come.
你们俩都
Oh, you are both...
对我太好了
so good to me.
你准备怎么...
How are you planning on...
守住这个秘密
on keeping all this from getting out?
你是指 我们的三人行吗
You mean... You mean our thrupple?
我们都相安无事快十年了
I mean, we've been doing fine for almost ten years.
因为我和《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》的出版商
Because I went to prep school
去了预科学校
with the publisher of the Post,
然后我们和《询问报》签了封口协议
and we have that catch and kill deal with The Enquirer.
迪迪又要成为纽约州最有权势的人了
And Dede may be the most powerful person in New York State,
可她依然还是个本地政客
but she's still just a local politician.
你将迎来大把的钞票
Now there's gonna be hundreds of millions of dollars
和超级政♥治♥行动委员会大量的背景调查 宝贝
and Super PAC oppo research being thrown at you, sweetheart.
你担心我们会和你断绝关系
You're worried we're going to break it off with you.
我是唯一没戴结婚戒指的啊
I am the only one here without a ring on his finger.
不 不
No! No.
我要承认 当我们刚刚开始时
I'll admit when we first started up with this,
我把你看成是让我丈夫高兴所要付出的代价
I saw you as the price to pay to keep my husband happy.
对不对
Right?
我不是虚伪的人
I'm no hypocrite.
但我不能让他背着我出轨
But I couldn't have him stepping out on me.
你能想象这样的丑闻会多麻烦吗
Can you imagine the scandal?
所以的确 当初你进入我们的生活时是备胎
So, yes, we brought you into our lives as a third wheel,
但现在已经不是那样了
but it's not like that anymore.
我们俩
Neither of us
-都无法想象没有你的生活 -嗯
- can imagine being without you. - Mmm.
你是家里人 威廉
You're family, William.
说得好
Hear, hear.
谁又能说我们不能都做副总统丈夫呢
And who's to say we can't be two Second Gentlemen?
这事还是要一步一步来
It's one step at a time with this Tino business.
明天我们开始策划
Tomorrow we start planning,
今晚我们先庆祝
tonight we celebrate
用我们知道的唯一的那种方式
the only way we know how.
那就是美好的...
With a nice...
漫长的...
剧集 | 政客 | 导航列表