剧集 | 政客 | 导航列表
去年这个时间前后
干嘛呢 佩顿
我在练习呢 今天下午团队辩论比赛
I'm practicing. Debate team competition this afternoon.
辩论的题目是什么
Oh, what's the debate about?
仇恨言论是该被限制
Whether hate speech should be regulated
还是该受到宪法第一修正案的保护
or protected by the First Amendment.
这话题够严肃 你是哪一方的
Heavy stuff. Which side are you arguing?
到现场他们才会告诉你
Well, they don't tell you until you get there,
所以正反两方都要准备
so you have to prepare both.
对于你不相信的东西充满激♥情♥是不是很难
Is it hard to be passionate about something you don't believe in?
我最相信的是要赢得辩论
What I believe in most of all is winning the debate.
我觉得我做不到
I don't think I could do it.
那是因为你人比我更好
That's 'cause you're a better person than I am.
你会改变世界的 佩顿
You're gonna change the world, Payton.
你怎么知道
How do you know?
因为我懂你
Because I see you.
还有 正因为你在学生报纸上写的
And, hey, because of that op-ed column
那个评论专栏
you wrote in the student newspaper,
现在午餐厅开始提供健康食品选择了
there are healthy options in the lunchroom now,
比如切片猕猴桃
like sliced kiwi.
它的维生素C含量确实是橙子的四倍呢
It does have four times the vitamin C of an orange.
我觉得你总是不停地做这忙那
I think you do so much all the time
你忽略了自己有多么与众不同
that you lose perspective on how special you are.
来吧 和我一起做个呼吸练习
Hey, come here. Do a breathing exercise with me.
这会让你平静下来
It'll calm you down.
吸四下 呼四下
Four breaths in, four breaths out.
放松 深呼吸
Nice and deep.
一
One.
二
Two.
三
Three.
四
Four.
如果你在上面太紧张了 就找找我
Hey, if you get nervous out there, just look for me.
我会坐在前排
I'll be in the front row.
肯定会闷得要死吧
Bored out of your skull?
不会 看着你我永远都不会闷
No, never when I'm watching you, man.
再做一次呼吸练习吧
Hey, do the breathing one more time.
一
One.
二
Two.
三
Three.
四
Four.
现在
再等一下就好了 佩顿
It'll be just another moment, Payton.
谢谢你的耐心
I appreciate your patience.
就是想祝你好运 今天对你是重要的一天
Wanted to wish you luck. This is a big day for you.
对我们都是 我想让你知道我们同生死
For all of us. I want you to know that I'm ride or die
还有别再想英菲尼蒂的事了 好吗
and I want you to put this Infinity stuff out of your mind, OK?
-好 -你 我 詹姆斯
- Okay. - You, me, James.
我们是地球上唯一知道英菲尼蒂真♥相♥的人
We're the only people on planet Earth who know about Infinity.
如果算上她奶奶是四个人 不过我百分百确定
Well, four if you count her grandma, but I'm 100% confident
在竞选余下的时间里
that we can keep this locked down
我们可以封♥锁♥消♥息♥ 不让它节外生枝
and a total non-issue for the remainder of the campaign.
好
Okay.
谢谢 这些话挺有用
Thank you. That helps.
现在去搞定他们吧 我们一路支持你
Now go get 'em, tiger. We're with you every step of the way.
你可以进去了
They're ready for you now.
很高兴再次见到你 霍巴特先生
It's a pleasure to see you again, Mr. Hobart,
不过其实你打个电♥话♥就可以了
though a phone call certainly would have been sufficient.
我觉得此事还是很有必要面谈
Well, it seemed to me that this warranted meeting face-to-face.
最近我身上发生了一些变故
It's a bit of an understatement to say
恐怕这么说都还太轻描淡写
that circumstances have changed for me.
最近我被指定为我们家族财富的
I've recently been made the sole benefactor
唯一受益人
of my family's fortune.
在我父亲死后 我将继承数十亿美元
Upon my father's death, I will inherit several billion dollars
并成为国内最富有的人士之一
and become one of the richest people in the country.
那真是太好了
Well, that's wonderful news.
恭喜你
Congratulations.
那是否意味着你对我们
Does that mean that you have come
开出的条件做了决定呢
to a decision with regard to our offer?
您是指之前
Oh, so, you mean, your offer
让我花钱进哈佛的条件吗
allowing me to buy my way into Harvard?
我们不这么说
Oh, well, we don't look at it that way.
这类事就是这么处理的
This is just how these things are done.
毫无疑问 我们是世界上声望最高的学府
We are arguably the most prestigious institution in the world.
毋庸置疑
Full stop.
哈佛的教育很难用金钱衡量
A Harvard education can hardly be quantified.
我明白了
I see.
我明白了
I see.
二位 你们真的是犯了个大错误
You guys, you've really screwed the pooch on this one.
你说什么
I beg your pardon?
如果你们接受了我的申请而不是...
Well, if you had just accepted my application instead of...
敲诈我 你们本可以拿到高十倍的捐赠
extorting me, you would've gotten ten times that.
别... 别误会
Now, don't... don't get me wrong,
我确实想在校园里建一栋冠以我名字的大楼
I do want a building on this campus with my name on it.
查尔斯河北岸离此处大约500码的地方
About 500 yards from here on the north bank of the Charles,
我将在那为我的
that's where I'm going to break ground
总统图书馆破土动工
on my presidential library.
就在我结束了两届任期
On the day that I become a private citizen
成为普通公民的那一天
after my second term in office.
两届我以压倒性优势胜选的任期
A second term that I will have won in a landslide.
知道吗 先生们 我要成为美国总统
You see, gentlemen, I'm gonna be President of the United States.
我这么说并不是为了惊艳你们
Now, I don't say that to impress you
或者显得过于老成
or to seem terribly precocious,
我只是陈述事实 将来某天我一定会当上总统
I'm merely stating a fact. I will be president someday...
因为不达目的我绝不收手
because I will stop at nothing.
你们知道我已经被
You're aware that I've been accepted
耶鲁 斯坦福和普林斯顿录取了
at Yale, Stanford, and Princeton
无需凭借任何关系或者花钱捐什么楼
without pulling any strings or buying any buildings.
那为什么不去那些学校呢
So why not go to one of those schools?
你瞧 这个问题其实应该由我问
Well, see, now I really should be asking you that question,
因为决定权在你们手里
because the choice is gonna be up to you.
政♥治♥并在乎制定政策 候选人是凭好故事当选
Politics isn't about policies, a candidate is elected on a story.
而我想讲的故事是我上了哈佛
And the story I want to tell is that I went to Harvard.
如果你们仅凭我的成就而拒绝我
Now if you don't let me in on my merits and my merits alone,
那么我要讲的故事则是
then the story I tell will be about
我是如何被哈佛拒之门外
how I was rejected from Harvard.
而这个故事我会在
And that's the story I'll tell
位于帕罗奥多的[斯坦福大学所在地]when I'm dedicating my billion-dollar
数亿总统图书馆落成典礼时讲述
presidential library in Palo Alto.
或普林斯顿 或纽黑文[耶鲁大学所在地]Or Princeton. Or New Haven.
我是认真的 选择权在你们
I'm serious. The choice is yours.
你们可以决定我故事的走向
You get to decide what my story will be.
说实话 我...
Honestly, I...
我怎么样都可以
I'll... I'll be fine either way.
♪I fell in love again♪
♪All things go, all things go♪
♪Drove to Chicago♪
♪All things know, all things know♪
♪You came to take us♪
♪All things go, all things go♪
♪To recreate us♪
♪All things grow, all things grow♪
♪We had our mindset♪
♪All things know♪
♪All things know♪
♪You had to find it♪
♪All things go, all things go♪
大政♥治♥家
第一季 第三集
好 数据显示我们还是有优势的
OK, we've got some good news in this data.
重申一遍 这只是小样本的一次民调
Now, again, I just gotta say it, single poll, small sample size,
最后误差篇幅可能会很大
you're gonna end up with a huge margin of error
实际情况要复杂得多
that's just baked into the cake,
很多人仍摇摆不定
and we're looking at a lot of undecideds
这意味着极大程度的
so that means a lot of uncertainty
不确定性和差异化
and some really long tails, okay?
所有合格选民
克莉斯 我们懂 你预测不了未来
Kris, we get it. You can't see the future.
我预测不了未来 没错
I can't see the future. Exactly.
尽管如此 全体学生的民调数据显示
That said, when we look at the polling data for all students,
我们领先对方九个百分点
we're sitting on a nine-point lead.
我感觉后面还有个"但是"
剧集 | 政客 | 导航列表