剧集 | 政客 | 导航列表
多年在我们年鉴俱乐部的兢兢业业
for your years of service as part of our yearbook club,
也感谢你提了一个考虑周全且富有争议的问题
and thank you for what is a very thoughtful and provocative question.
这个问题没有简单的答案
Now, this question doesn't have an easy answer,
我只能给大家一个诚实的答案
so all I can give you is an honest answer.
不 我们不该改写文学巨匠诸如马克·吐温的著作
No. We should not be rewriting literary giants like Mark Twain.
马克·吐温憎恶种族不平等
Mark Twain loathed racial inequality,
通过哈克贝利·芬的视角
and through the eyes of Huckleberry Finn,
他试图揭露...
he was attempting to shine a light on the...
令人发指 不耻的奴隶制罪恶
the heinous, shameful sin of slavery,
这个在他生长环境中渗透生活方方面面的
and the systemic racism that pervaded every aspect of his life
种族主义歧视
in the environment in which he was raised.
但别误会 马克·吐温笔下的种族主义
But make no mistake, the racism that Mark Twain wrote about
并未随着历史而变成过去
has not been banished to the ash heap of history,
至今仍弥留在这个屋内
it's with us in this room today.
自然与当年不同 变得更不易察觉
Right? It's different, to be sure. It's... more subtle.
但这个国家想要获得
But we have a long way to go
真正的种族平等 还任重道远
towards true racial equality in this country,
作为学生会主席
and as student body president,
我会确保这个学校的每一位学生
I'll ensure every student at this school
都有平等的成功机会
has an equal opportunity to succeed,
不论肤色 信仰 民族
regardless of their color, creed, national origin,
性别 性取向 遗传信息或残障
gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, or disability.
如果你们给我荣幸 选举我
If you choose to honor me by electing me,
只要我尚存一丝气息
I will fight for each and every one of you
我将为你们所有人奋斗
so as long as there is strength in me to fight.
请投我一票
So, give me your vote,
助我带领这个学校步入美好的未来
and help me lead this great school into the future.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
里弗 最后一问
River, last question.
学校是否应该限制
Uh, should the school be able to limit
圣塞巴斯蒂安售卖♥♥的含糖饮料大小
the size of sugary drinks sold at Saint Sebastian?
这个
I mean...
该 不该
Yeah? No?
谁在乎
Who cares?
抱歉 我觉得这是个好问题 谢谢提问
No, sorry. I appreciate the question, it's a good question.
我也觉得
I think it's important that
我们应该对自己的饮食选择更加慎重
we make smart decisions about the food we eat.
只是
I just feel like,
这并不是我们任何一人
it's hardly the most pressing thing
面临的最严峻的问题
that any of us are dealing with.
-世界很黑暗 -天哪
- The world is dark, yeah? - Oh, my.
我觉得现今的青少年也意识到了
And I think teenagers nowadays realize that.
我说不好 有种世界要灭亡的感觉
And... I don't know, it kind of feels like the world's ending.
所以 如果一大瓶肥宅快乐水让你感到幸福
So, you know, if a 42-ounce Mountain Dew makes you happy,
那就喝吧
I say go for it.
我一直在想 我们大家唯一的共同点
I keep thinking that, uh, the only thing we all share together
就是我们都孤独
is that we're all alone.
没错 我们拍照并发布
And we take pictures, and we post them,
活跃于脸书 图享
and we Facebook and Insta
推特 阅后即焚等等的社交平台
and Tweet and Snap and everything and...
但却只让事态变糟
it just makes it worse.
天哪
Ah, man.
去年我曾企图自杀
I tried to kill myself last year.
我从没 从没告诉过别人
Yeah, I never... I never told anyone that.
这太奇怪了 我站在这 而你们 我们能...
This is weird, I'm up here, you guys... Can we...
我能下来和大家说吗 这简直
Can I come down there and talk to you? This is...
我们是朋友 大家都认识
We're friends. We know each other.
我们不用来这套
We don't have to do this.
-我们能深度对话 -他下来了
- We can have a serious conversation. - Okay, he's walking.
事情大概发生在一年前
So, it was, uh, like, about a year ago, and...
我说不好 只是感觉很抑郁
I don't know, I was just feeling really depressed.
也不算抑郁 就是绝望 因为
Not even depressed, just... just hopeless, because, um...
因为我感到无比孤独 而且
because I felt so alone. And I, uh...
我害怕自己会永远感到孤独
I was afraid I was always gonna feel that way.
-他哭了 糟了糟了 -所以我...
- He's crying. This is bad, this is bad. - And, so I...
一天曲棍球训练结束后
I went home after lax practice one day
我回家健身
and I was working out at home...
不知怎的我拿着45磅重的铁盘 然后
and something made me take a 45-pound plate and, uh...
绑在了自己脚上
I tied it to my ankle
然后我走到家里泳池边上 一跃而进
and I went out to my pool and I jumped in the deep end.
有那么一瞬间 我真得
And, for a second, I was really...
我真得准备好赴死了
I was really ready to die.
但紧接着我意识到
And then I, like, realized.
我想"里弗 你刚干了什么"
I was, like, "River, what did you just do?"
我突然慌了 试图
And I panicked and I tried
解开脚上的绳索 却解不开
to get the rope off my ankle and I couldn't.
我只记得抬头
And I just remember looking up
看着水面 想着
at the surface of the water and thinking,
"这里一个人都没有
"No one's here, man.
你要在这里孤独死去了"
You're gonna die alone."
然后
And then, um...
接下去我就记得自己浮在水面上
next thing I remember I was floating at the surface.
这故事没什么精彩的结局
There's no cool ending to the story,
只是铁盘太重 绳子自己散开了
it's just the rope untied itself from the weight.
我也不知道 我没参加过童子军
I don't know, I never did Boy Scouts.
那里只有我
No one was there.
天哪 他这汗流的像尼克松
Oh, God, he's sweating like Nixon.
我不希望这所学校的任何人有那样的感受
I don't want anyone here at this school to ever feel like that.
我想让大家知道你们的生命很珍贵
It's really important to me that all of you know
这对我来说极其重要
that your lives have value.
生命很重要
And that they're important.
你们很重要
That you're important.
我就想说这些
That's all I got to say.
我超爱这家伙
I love this guy.
候选人们 现在发表最后陈述
Candidates, it's now time for your closing statements.
我来捡
I'll pick it up.
人会说谎 数据可不会
People lie, numbers don't.
辩论后里弗超你十个百分点
River's ahead of you ten points post-debate.
如果深入分♥析♥下民调
And if you dig down the tabs at the polls,
他在容貌 人格魅力
he is leading you in looks, charisma,
最重要的是真诚度上都领先
and, most importantly, authenticity.
在真诚这方面几乎完爆你
Basically crushing you in that department.
尤其是他在辩论中上演的那出大♥师♥级表演
Especially after that masterclass he put on during the debate.
女孩喜欢吞声忍♥泪的男儿
Girls love it when a guy who looks like that cries.
不是放声痛哭 而是隐忍♥性感地哭
Not blubbery at all, more of a silent, sexy cry.
好吧 不如你们都投给他得了
Okay, fine, why don't all of you just vote for him, then?
我们忠于你 佩顿
Our loyalty is with you, Payton.
这是架飞机 我们的目的地一致
This is a plane. We're all headed to the same place.
你是机长 詹姆斯和我是你的导航员
You're the pilot, James and I are your navigators.
我们都不知道如何像你一样驾驶飞机
Neither one of us knows how to fly like you can.
我们需要你带我们飞往白宫
We need you to get us to the White House,
但如果我们不对你坦诚相待
but we wouldn't be doing our job
我们就是玩忽职守
if we weren't being honest with you.
如果我们不告诉你实情 我们就都会坠机
If we don't tell it like it is, we'll all crash.
好吧 那我下一步该怎么办
Okay, what's my next move?
我们得给你找个让你更平易近人的竞选搭档
We need to get you a running mate that softens you up.
得是一个无比真诚的人
Someone undeniably real.
我建议在特殊教育班找一个学生
I recommend a student from the special ed class.
他们就是民众所俗称的
I believe the proper modern vernacular
"残障人士"
for them is "Differently abled."
你们是打算打"同情牌"吗
So, you're going for the sympathy vote, am I right?
什么意思
What do you mean?
虽然我们不是铁哥们
Well, it's not like we're super good friends.
但同窗已然三年
Been going to school together for three years,
而我们只是直跟对方打过招呼
the most you and I have ever said to each other is, "Hello."
所以你显然是有什么策略
So, you obviously have some sort of strategy in mind.
我唯一关心的策略
The only strategy I'm interested in
就是当上这所学校所有学生的主席
is being a president for every student at this school.
其中也包括你们这样的人
That includes people like you,
一般而言 你们的意见
who traditionally have not
剧集 | 政客 | 导航列表