剧集 | 鬼庄园(2020) | 导航列表
我家族的乡间庄园
my family's country house.
孩子们习惯了布莱 他们...
The children are used to Bly, they...
跟着父母在那里度过暑假和假日
spent summers and holidays there with their parents,
在父母去世前
before they passed.
这座庄园是个不错的好地方
It's a great good place, the manor.
庄园里几乎没有其他人
There are few others on the grounds.
厨师 园丁都住在镇上
A cook, groundskeeper. They stay in town.
有位管家住在家里 但孩子们...
There is a live-in housekeeper, but the children...
将由你负责 你一个人负责
would be your responsibility and yours alone.
除非有急事 否则不要给我打电♥话♥
Don't call on me unless it's an emergency.
我特别忙
I'm extraordinarily busy.
我懂了
I understand.
你知道
You know,
在我的学校 我有个更特别的任务
one of my more unique assignments at my school
是要专门照顾一些最需要帮助的孩子
was specific to some of our highest-need children,
-他们中又一个失去了... -有什么隐情
one of whom had actually lost their par... - What's the catch?
你说什么
I'm sorry?
隐情 你多大了
The catch. You're what?
30岁
Thirty?
25岁
Mid-twenties?
我想知道...
I wonder...
有什么隐情
What's the catch?
你比应聘这类工作的大多数人都年轻
You're younger than most who'd apply for this sort of thing.
是什么让你这个年纪的女人
What makes a woman of your age
愿意放弃自己的生活 去照顾别人的孩子
want to give up her life to take care of someone else's children?
放弃美国的生活
A life in America, at that.
还是全职工作
Full-time as well.
老实说 我觉得很奇怪
It seems odd... to me, to be frank.
我也觉得很奇怪
It seems odd to me too.
我是说广♥告♥
The listing, I mean.
全职工作 住在美丽的乡村庄园
A full-time position in a beautiful country manor
照顾两个出色的孩子
to two exceptional children.
但我六个月前看过你的广♥告♥
But I saw your ad six months ago.
我刚到伦敦的时候
When I first arrived in London.
此后我每个月都会看到
And I have seen it every month since.
我觉得这个工作很容易招到人
Seems to me an easy position to fill.
至少像你描述的那样
At least as you've described.
所以我想你说得对
So, I suppose you're right.
有什么隐情
What is the catch?
这确实是个问题
That really is the question.
谢谢
Thank you.
你好 詹姆斯
Alright, James?
我知道我没得到这份工作
I know I didn't get the job,
这没关系
and that's totally cool.
但这是我生平最尴尬的求职面试
But that was the most awkward job interviewxa0of my entire life.
我想我们该为此干杯 温格雷夫先生
So, I think we should toast to it, Mr. Wingrave.
还是你更喜欢喝茶
Or do you prefer it in your tea?
那么...
So...
现在你可以告诉我吗
you can tell me now, right?
我真的很好奇
I'm honestly so, so curious.
好奇什么
About what?
隐情
The catch.
-不 -不 说吧
No. - No, come on!
好吧...
Well...
我想是因为想象力
imagination, I suppose.
没人想要这份工作
No one wants the job.
得了吧 没人吗
Come on. No one?
我们有段时间招到了人
We did find someone for a while.
去年夏天
Last summer.
一位有前途的年轻姑娘
A promising young woman.
孩子们喜欢她
The children liked her.
后来她...
And then, she...
我想她死了
Well, I-I suppose she died.
恕我直言 这是她自己的错
It was her own fault, to be blunt.
更直白地说 这是她的选择
Her choice, to be blunter,
但她死在了庄园里
but she died on the grounds.
人们很迷信 尤其是在乡下
People are superstitious, especially in the country.
所以现在这变成了故事
So, now it's a story.
这些小孩和他们死去的父母 住在那座大房♥子里
These small children in that huge house with their dead parents,
现在还有他们死去的家庭教师
and now, their dead governess.
哪怕他们的父母死在国外
Never mind the parents died abroad.
哪怕家庭教师是自杀的
Never mind the governess took her own...
是的 这个故事发生在招聘前
So, yes, the story precedes the job,
至少所有的中介都知道
at least at all the agencies.
现在没人想要这份工作
Now, no one wants it.
迷信...
Superstition...
想象力
imagination.
那你呢
What about you?
你有什么隐情
What was your catch?
我...
I...
不能再待在国内
couldn't be at home anymore.
你教过有25个孩子的班级吗
Have you ever taught a classroom of 25 kids?
不 恐怕我绝对没有
No, I absolutely have not, I'm afraid.
好吧...
Well...
你会喜欢他们
you take to them.
你爱他们
You love them.
即使是最坏的孩子
Even the worst ones.
你是这么做的
You just do.
你试着帮忙...
And you try to help...
但是孩子太多了
but there's just too many of them.
你的作用太小
And too little of you.
所以你就...
So, you just...
广♥告♥说有两个孩子
The ad said two children.
我不知道具体情况 但我知道怎么管教孩子
I figure I don't know the specifics, but I know how to handle kids.
也许我能有所作为
Maybe I can make a difference.
我可以有所作为
I could. I could make a difference.
真的有所作为
A real difference.
只教两个孩子
With just two.
然后我注意到这是...
Then I noticed the position was...
全职住家工作
full-time, live-in.
然后我明白了 他们失去了某个人
And then it clicked. They've lost someone.
我能理解死亡
Now, I understand death.
我知道失去代表着什么
I know what loss is.
我要在英国多待一段时间
I'm gonna be in England a while longer.
其实是很长时间
Quite a while, actually.
我找到了工作
I got a job.
是啊 我的工作有试用期 至少到夏天结束
Yeah, I got a trial position, at least to the end of the summer.
但可能持续很长...
But it could go on for quite...
不 我知道比我说的时间长 但我找到工作了
No, I know. I know it's longer than I said, but I got a job.
我没有
I'm not.
我没有逃避什么
I'm not running from anything,
你这么说让我很难过
and it hurts me when you say that.
你知道 你这么说让我很难过
You know it hurts me when you say that.
无论如何...
Anyway...
等我到了庄园 你可以联♥系♥我
you can reach me when I get to the house.
等我拿到号♥码就打电♥话♥给你
I'll call you... when I have the number.
我爱你 妈妈
I love you, Mom.
-克莱顿小姐 -是的
Miss Clayton? - Yeah.
-我是欧文 -嗨
Owen. - Hi.
-很高兴认识你 -见到你很高兴
Pleased to meet you. - Nice to meet you.
-我来拿 -好的 我有几个包
Let me get... Let's get that. - Yeah. I have some bags.
没关系 谢谢
No worries. Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
不好意思 乡间小路
Sorry about that. Country roads.
我睡了多久
How long was I out?
一会儿
A while.
你还在过美国时间吗
Are you still on American time?
不
No.
我只是最近没怎么睡觉
I just haven't got much sleep lately.
旅馆不是很清静
Well, hostels aren't terribly restful.
剧集 | 鬼庄园(2020) | 导航列表