剧集 | 满足(2014) | 导航列表
My name is Neil Truman,
我叫尼尔·杜鲁门
and I have what every man in America wants.
我拥有全美男性都想拥有的
An 80-inch 3D TV.
80寸的3D电视
I watch SportsCenter on it...
我一般都看《体育中心》
the occasional fishing show if I see one...
偶尔看看钓鱼节目
and sometimes, when my wife is getting dressed,
有时趁我妻子在换衣服的时候
I'll sneak in, find one of those soft-core movies
我会偷偷挑一部全天候都能在有线上
you can get on cable 24 hours a day.
搜到的软性情♥色♥片
Not that Grace doesn't satisfy me,
并不是说格蕾丝不能满足我
even after 18 years of marriage.
就算已经结婚十♥八♥年♥她依旧风韵
But with two busy schedules
但我们都很忙
and all the stress of raising a family,
而且养这个家有很大的压力
we can never find the time to connect.
我们很难找到时间好好"交流"一下
My daughter doesn't seem to mind.
我女儿似乎并不在意这些
But at 16, I know these are the years
但是我知道十六岁正处于
she needs her dad the most.
最需要爸爸的时候
I do all I can to be there for her,
我尽我所能陪伴在她身边
but I'm almost never home
但我几乎不着家
because I'm here: Bastian National Investments.
因为我一直在巴斯蒂安国民投资公♥司♥
70 hours a week sometimes.
有时一周工作七十小时
Feels like twice that when you're missing your daughter grow up.
错过女儿成长时就感觉这时间拉长了一倍
Still, I know I'm a very lucky guy.
但我知道我是个很幸运的男人
But when picking out what color tie
但选择什么颜色的领带
becomes the most exciting part of your day...
成为你一天中最兴奋时刻的时候...
The yellow one, honey.
亲爱的 选黄色的那条
Brings out the eyes more.
能让你的眼睛更好看
Something's not right.
感觉有什么不对
And I need to start figuring out what the hell is wrong with me.
我得开始搞清楚到底我哪里出问题了
I know why you're in such a funk.
我知道你为啥这么萎靡不振了
Mid-life crisis.
中年危机
No, this feels bigger. More universal.
不 我这感觉更宏大广泛
You realize that 75% of the world is covered in water,
你知道吗 地球上75%的地方都被水覆盖
and we are running out of fish?
但我们还是鱼类短缺
Yeah. Fish.
没错 鱼
Not that it's safe to eat them anymore anyway.
不过反正现在吃鱼也有风险
But then you got rain forests are burning,
之后又有雨林焚毁
ice caps are melting,
冰盖融化
frigging polar bears drowning.
该死的北极熊溺死
What's the point of busting your ass every day,
每天如此拼命干活来付贷款
paying a mortgage, when it feels like the world's coming to an end?
又有何意义 明明感觉就要世界末日了
You need to chill out, man.
老兄 淡定
2012 is over.
2012已经过了
Nostradamus was wrong.
预言是错的
I know.
我知道
What's it all mean?
这一切究竟有何意义
You know, I wasn't raised with religion.
我们一家都不信宗教
But I wanted to check it out for myself.
但我想自己去探索下
You know, get like a different perspective.
换一个角度来看待世界
And I wanted to go outside the box.
我不想就这么墨守成规
Did you know that the Buddha was actually a prince
你知道释迦牟尼在悟出禅道之前
before he became his enlightened self?
其实是一位王子吗
Really? Yeah. He had a wife, a kid,
真的吗 真的 他有妻儿
three palaces.
还有三座宫殿
The American dream.
简直就是美国梦啊
Yeah, and then one day, he just gave it all up.
突然有一天 他就这么抛弃了一切
Left his family to travel the world in search of meaning.
抛妻弃子行遍世界以领悟人生哲理
You know, like personal fulfillment.
寻求自我价值
You need a change, my friend.
你得改变下了 朋友
You want to see my doctor?
推荐我的医生
He'll fix you right up.
他会治好你的
It's better than drinking three Martinis every night.
肯定比每晚喝三杯马丁尼酒好
Now I don't worry about any of that crap.
现在我完全不想那种乱七八糟的事了
I think the problem is I need to feel more right now,
我现在的问题在于我需要感受更多
not less.
而不是更少
Knuckleball.
接球
What do you think?
怎么样
That had some good movement on it, right?
这球投得不错吧
What are you looking at? That stock tips for dummies?
你在看什么 给菜鸟看的炒股技巧吗
Can I help you with something?
有事吗
Dude, I'm just trying to be friendly.
老兄 我就想对你友好点
Big guy's called a meeting. We're all waiting on you.
老大召集开会 我们都在等你呢
All right.
好了
We got a lot to cover this morning.
今早要搞定好多事
Truman, where are you?
杜鲁门 你人呢
Just saw your quarterlies.
刚看了你的季度报表
Outstanding. Again.
再一次 非常好
And this time, I'm not the only one who noticed.
这次 不止我一个人注意到了
We're all familiar with Updike Pharmaceuticals, aren't we, gents?
我们都知道厄普代克药业吧 各位
They're trying to get FDA-approved on that new diet pill, right?
他们在为新减肥药申报药监局批准吧
Not after two people just died in clinical studies.
他们刚在临床试验中害死了两个人
Their stock just tanked. Which is great for us.
他们股票暴跌 对我们来说是好事
They just fired their current brokerage firm.
他们刚开了自己的证券经纪公♥司♥
They're shopping around now,
现在在到处招人
trying to find somebody to plug in the holes of their sinking ship.
想找人挽回公♥司♥的颓势
I told them we had just the man for the job.
我告诉他们我这有人能胜任这项工作
Tomorrow, I want you to go to New York.
我想派你明天去纽约
This is gonna be a lot of money for us, gentlemen.
各位 这能让我们大赚一笔
What do you say, Truman? Can you close the deal?
你觉得呢 杜鲁门 你能搞定吗
Don't just stand there with your dick in your hand, Truman.
别就在那里傻站着啊 杜鲁门
Say something.
说点啥
I don't know what to say, because I hate this job.
我不知道要说啥 因为我讨厌这份工作
None of what I do really matters.
我做什么都无所谓
I don't even get to see what I'm trading on a daily basis.
我甚至都看不到每天到底在交易什么
It's just numbers on a screen. It's not real.
就是屏幕上的数字 不是真实的
We don't contribute anything to the world in any meaningful way.
我们对这个世界完全没有任何贡献
We just hoard money.
我们就是在囤钱
And I always thought you were an asshole
我一直觉得你是个混♥蛋♥
for making that a virtue.
因为你把那当作是做好事
You son of a bitch.
你个混♥蛋♥
We all could learn a thing or two from this guy.
我们大家都能从他身上学到些什么
You could sell ice to an Eskimo.
没有你做不到的
You almost had me going there, Truman.
你差点把我绕进去了 杜鲁门
All right, next order of business.
好了 下一项议程
**Purpose in life*
*生命的意义
**Just surviving*
*在于生存下去
**And no one's supposed to*
*没有人可以
**Get it right*
*真正搞清
**Right*
*搞清
*No one's supposed to* That's beautiful.
*没有人可以* 真好听
It's still a little rough.
还在创作当中
What's it about?
是什么内容
You'll see tomorrow night.
明晚你就知道了
You forgot about the talent show, didn't you?
你忘记才艺表演了 是吧
Sweetie, there's something that I have to do for work now--
宝贝 我现在有些工作必须要完成...
You don't need to explain it to me if it's not a new excuse.
你不必和我解释 反正都是老借口了
Honey...
宝贝
No, not by then.
不 那时不行
No way, Frank. I can't get it done by then.
不行 弗兰克 时间太短 我完不成
Fine, I'll make some calls and see what I can do,
好吧 我再打打电♥话♥看看能做什么
but only because I love you.
但这只是因为我爱你
How was your day?
你今天过得怎样
I tried to quit my job.
我想辞职
Tell me about it.
是嘛
Frank's got a house he wants to show this weekend.
弗兰克周末要展示一栋新屋
He wants me to have it staged by tomorrow.
他叫我明天之前帮他搞定
Can you believe that? Tomorrow?
你敢相信吗 明天就要办好
I should have told him to go to hell.
我应该叫他滚蛋
You're home early.
今天回来得真早呀
I have to go to New York in the morning.
明早我要去纽约
What's in New York?
去干嘛
剧集 | 满足(2014) | 导航列表