剧集 | 无为大师(2015) | 导航列表
我还是得去看看你妈妈
I'd better go check up on your mother.
嘿 兄弟 我知道这有点怪
Hey, man, I know this is a little weird,
但既然我们是在爷爷的葬礼
but since we're at Pop-pop's funeral,
我在想啊 你能给我个抱抱吗
I was wondering if I could get a hug.
哥们 当然可以啊 最爱抱抱啦
Dude, of course. Love to hug.
Brah 你不觉得这么抱抱法有点太随意了吗
Brah, little bit loose of a hug, don't you think?
噢 不好意思 我会抱紧点的
Oh, I'm sorry. I'll tighten up.
感觉很好
Aw, that's nice.
然后他突然就死了
And then, out of nowhere, he's just dead.
我很抱歉啊 宝贝
I'm sorry, babe.
至少你对他有更深一点的了解
At least you got to know him a little bit.
是的 他是战争英雄
Yeah. He was a war hero.
特爱电影《龙兄鼠弟》
Very fond of the film Twins.
这几乎是我所知道的 但他看起来是一个有趣的人
That's about all I know, but he seemed like an interesting guy.
你祖父母辈的长辈还在吗
Are any of your grandparents still alive?
只剩下我奶奶了
Just my grandma on my dad's side,
但她住在印度 而且她也不会说英语
but she lives in India and she doesn't speak English,
她只说泰米尔语
she just speaks Tamil,
所以我们几乎每次都说同样的话
so we've basically had the same conversation a million times.
我打电♥话♥去 她会说 你好啊
I'll call up. She goes, "Hello!"
然后我回 嗨 奶奶 你怎么样啦
Then I go, "Hi, Amma. How are you?
我很好
I'm good.
好吧 我把电♥话♥给我爸了 再见
All right, I'm gonna put my dad on now. Bye."
你曾想过去学泰米尔语吗
Have you ever tried to learn Tamil?
没呢 你有试过去学泰米尔语吗
No. Have you ever tried to learn Tamil?
这是特么难学的
It's fucking hard.
这是一门很怪的语言
It's a weird language.
上次我去印度的时候 我想着
Last time I was in India, though, I was like,
我要坐下来和奶奶聊天
"Okay, I'm gonna sit down with my grandma,
让我爸当翻译
I'm gonna have my dad translate,
我要了解她的一生
and I'm gonna learn about her life."
但当我到了那里 我只在iPad上看《嗜血法医》
But then I got there, and I just watched Dexter on my iPad.
我一直想要去印度还有看《嗜血法医》
Ooh, I've always wanted to go to India and watch Dexter.
那剧特好看
It's amazing.
但即便她住在这里说着英语
But even if she did live here and spoke English,
我觉得我可能几乎不去看她的
I feel like I would never visit her, you know?
因为年轻人都这样
'Cause that's what we all do.
我们就让老年人自己待着
We just let old people chill out alone.
然后他们就过世了
And then they just die.
天 你让我感到难过
God, now you've got me feeling bad.
我奶奶Carol住在布朗克斯区
My grandma Carol lives in the Bronx,
我几乎没去看她
and I hardly ever go and see her.
我应该去看看她
I should go visit her.
你想去吗
Hey, you want to come?
嗯 我不知道
Hmm, I don't know.
她是那种会因为我的肤色
Is she one of those racist grandmas
就大惊小怪的种族主义奶奶吗
that's gonna be weird around someone with my skin tone?
我不知道 可以打个赌
I don't know. Could be a fun gamble, though.
这上面说他留给你一样叫Paro的东西
It says here he left you something called "Paro."
你知道那是什么吗
You know what that is?
啥
What?
那是什么
What is that?
哦天 那是指这个怪怪的机器海豹
Oh, man. It's this weird robotic seal.
这个能干什么
What does it do?
我不知道
I don't know.
偶尔眨眨眼
It, like, blinks sometimes
摇摇它的尾巴
and wags its tail.
他想让你收下它
Well, he wanted you to have it.
我觉得你至少得带回家
I think you should at least take it home with you.
爸 这玩意太重了
Oh, Dad, this thing's pretty heavy,
我不想一天都带着
and I don't want to carry it around all day.
你能帮忙拿回我公♥寓♥吗
Do you mind taking it back to my apartment, please?
不行 为什么我要为这事去一趟你的公♥寓♥
No. Why would I make a trip to your apartment just for that?
因为你爱我啊
Because you love me?
进来
Come in.
嗨 Carol奶奶
Hi, Grandma Carol.
哦天 你好
Oh, my God. Hello.
你好吗
How are you?
哦
Oh!
我们给你带了束向日葵
We brought you some sunflowers.
哇
Oh, my-- Wow!
谢谢你
Well, thank you so much.
我喜欢你的发型 短发利落
I love your hair. You cut it short.
瞧瞧她
Look at her.
她是不是你见过的最美的女孩
Isn't she the most beautiful girl you've ever seen?
是的
She is.
你是谁
Now, who are you?
这是我的朋友Dev
This is my friend Dev.
很高兴见到你 Carol奶奶
Hey, nice to meet you, Grandma Carol.
仅仅是朋友 没一点暧昧吗
Ahh, just a friend. Nothing romantic here?
我们在约会中
Yeah, we're seeing each other.
太棒了 你看起来人不错
That's great. You seem very nice.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
我承认 我有点紧张
I'll admit, I was a little worried.
我的某些朋友的奶奶是种族主义者
Some of my friends have racist grandmas.
哦 我明白了
Oh, I see.
你假设我是种族主义者
You assumed I was a racist
就因为我是老年人
just because I'm old.
很好
That's nice.
现在情况发生了逆转
Well, now the tables have turned.
对不起
I'm sorry.
Rachel怎么给你说我的
So what did Rachel tell you about me?
她说你的丈夫打过仗
Um, she said your husband fought in the war
你喜欢草莓柠檬汁
and that you love strawberry lemonade.
多么简短的传记 Rachel多谢
Wow. What a biography. Thanks, Rachel.
我还告诉他别的事了
I told him other things.
他只是忘了
He just forgot.
你没有
No, you didn't.
让我听听当事人怎么说
Let me hear it from the source.
来嘛 Carol奶奶
Come on, Grandma Carol.
告诉我 喜欢草莓柠檬汁是不是真的
Tell me, is the strawberry lemonade thing true?
没错 你还想知道什么
Yes. What else do you want to know?
你在纽约待了这么久
Um, well, it's pretty nuts
听起来挺疯狂的
that you've been in New York so long.
你在这里长大是什么感觉
What was it like here when you were growing up?
你父母是干什么的
What did your parents do?
我父亲是一名铁匠
My father was a blacksmith.
他为四轮马车的马匹打造马蹄铁
He made all the horseshoes for the horses and buggies.
所以说 有马和马车
So there was, like, horse and buggies
漫步过布里克街吗
just trotting down Bleeker Street?
太不可思议了
That's insane.
前几天我按了手♥机♥上一个键
The other day I pressed a button on my phone,
然后就有人去全食超♥市♥帮我买♥♥食品
and some dude went and grabbed me groceries from Whole Foods.
社会在发展啊
We've really come a long way.
喂
Hello?
你在逗我么
Are you kidding me?
他不会的
He won't.
好吧 我尽快赶来
Okay, okay. Um, I'll come as soon as I can.
好吧 拜
All right, bye.
我很抱歉
I am so sorry.
我合作的乐队
This band that I work with
今晚上Fallon脱口秀
is playing Fallon tonight,
但他们的鼓手吃了点毒蘑菇
but their drummer just did some mushrooms
他现在认为自己是只恐龙不肯上台
and he thinks he's a dinosaur and won't go onstage.
所以我得赶去处理
So I have to go and deal with this.
你现在就要走吗 你刚刚才到啊
You have to leave already? You just got here.
-你工作太多了 -奶奶 对不起
- You work too much. - Oh, I'm sorry, Grandma.
我一有时间就会回来看你
I'll come back and visit as soon as I can.
我保证
I promise.
Dev 走吧
All right, Dev. Let's go.
剧集 | 无为大师(2015) | 导航列表