Through Christ our Lord.
我主保佑
Amen.
阿门
Monsignor says you have a beautiful singing voice.
主教说您的声音非常动听
And you play the harmonica?
而且您还会吹口琴
The guitar.
是吉他
I actually learned how to play the mandolin
我在罗马的时候
when I was in Rome.
学会了弹曼陀林[一种乐器]
And soccer.
还有踢足球
Did you meet the Holy Father?
您见到罗马教皇了吗
Not exactly.
没有
It's kind of like being in Washington
这就有点像你去了华盛顿
and asking if you've met the president.
然后别人问你有没有看见总统
But you know when he's in the building.
但是你知道他何时会出现在教堂里
Aren't you gonna have one?
你不来一杯吗
Should I?
我可以吗
Well, I'm not gonna drink by myself.
我可不愿意一个人喝
I'll get the sherry.
我这就去拿雪利酒
I'll get it, Ma.
我去拿 妈妈
I've always wanted to go to Rome.
我一直很想去罗马
Ah, yes, well, Vatican City is one thing,
是吗 梵蒂冈城只是一部分
but then you realize you're in Italy.
在罗马你能感受到整个意大利
Peggy works in Manhattan.
佩奇在曼哈顿工作
Oh, really?
真的吗
What do you do, Peggy?
你是做什么的 佩奇
She works on Madison Avenue.
她在麦迪逊大街工作
She comes up with the words in advertisements.
她负责想广♥告♥语
They call it copywriting, Ma.
那叫做文案写作 妈
Father, I'm glad you're here.
神父 我很高兴你今天能来
I didn't know they knew what I did.
我才发现原来她们知道我是做什么工作的
Stop it. No, you should see her work.
别乱说 你应该看看她的工作业绩
Lipstick, reducing programs, feminine products.
口红 抗皱修护系列 女性用品
Mom, not in front of Father.
妈妈 别在神父面前说这个
She used to do her presentations for us.
她以前会先念给我们听听
She uses Latin.
而且是用拉丁文讲
I'm sorry to do this, but I really should go.
太抱歉了 不过我真得走了
Look at that.
瞧瞧都几点了
Well, where are you headed?
你去哪
I'll give you a lift. I have a car.
我送你去 我有车
To the Fourth Avenue BMT. Okay.
去第四大道交通中转站 好的
It is such an honor to have you in our house.
你今天能来造访是我们的荣幸
And I'm sorry the chicken was overcooked.
而且我很抱歉鸡肉煮过头了
The chicken was perfect,and you know that.
鸡肉做得十分美味 你知道的
Go get the Brownie.
去拿些布朗宁[巧克力蛋糕]
Let me wrap up some cake.
让我给你准备一些蛋糕路上吃
Thank you, but no, thank you, Anita.
谢谢 不用了 真的 安妮塔
You've all really made me homesick.
你们勾起了我的思乡之情
Father, would you mind?
神父 留个影吧
Say "cheese."
说"茄子"[英文"奶酪"的发音]
Cheese. Cheese.
"茄子" "茄子"
Brooks, have you made any decision about our immediate future?
布鲁克斯 近期有什么打算吗
Believe it or not, Daddy,
爸爸 信不信由你
Brooks has other interests besides drinking.
布鲁克斯并不是无所事事的酒鬼
That'll change.
他们会变的
Would you stop scaring them?
别吓唬他们
We're not scared.
我们没被吓着
Then how is it you've been engaged for two months
那为什么你们已经订婚两个月了
and you're not running around making wedding plans?
却还没有开始准备婚礼
Because I told you.
我告诉过你的
We don't like the idea of having a big wedding.
我们不想搞得太盛大
It doesn't have to be big.
谁说非要盛大了
We think it's silly.
我认为那样很傻
You have to invite a bunch of strangers to gawk at us
为了证明我们对彼此的爱
To somehow prove our feelings for each other.
去请一大堆陌生人来傻瞪着我们
You know, it's embarrassing.
那样太尴尬了
Brooks?
布鲁克斯 你说呢
Whatever she wants.
一切按她的意思办
Well, your mother wants a wedding.
你妈妈想要一个婚礼
Mommy had a wedding.
妈妈已经有过一个婚礼了
I did.
没错
Wearing that dress,
穿着婚纱
my sister and my mother fussing over me.
我姐姐和妈妈帮我打扮
It was the best I ever looked in my life.
那是我一生中最美的时刻
The Pierre.
在皮埃尔酒店
I was drunk, and I didn't have a glass of champagne.
我甚至连香槟都没喝就已经醉醺醺了
Gliding around in your father's arms.
在你父亲怀里滑动舞步
You know how good a dancer he is.
你知道他舞跳得有多好
Dancing with Grandpa.
和你外公一起跳舞[婚礼习俗:父女之舞]
I don't want you to miss that.
我不想让你错过这些
What are you getting?
你点什么
I'll have the mussels with garlic if you do.
蒜蓉青口[俗称翡翠贻贝] 如果你也点这个的话
That's sweet.
真恩爱
Thank you for the ride, Father.
谢谢你送我 神父
Peggy, wait.
佩奇 等等
Yes?
什么事
I want to ask you about something, and it's personal.
我想问你点事 私事
Okay.
好的
I have the honor of delivering the sermon next Sunday.
下周日我有幸上台说教
It's Palm Sunday. That's a biggie.
是棕枝全日[复活节前的星期日] 很重要
I mean, you're on deck for Easter.
离复活节很近
And, well...
所以
You said you did presentations.
你说过你以前做过演讲介绍
Can I run some things past you?
你可以帮我练习练习吗
I don't know what I could tell you.
我不知道我能教你什么
You must do this all the time.
你肯定经常参加这种大场面
Well, I've done it,
当然了
But your monsignor is a tough act to follow.
但面对的是你们区的主教 任务可不轻松
I don't know that I'm your audience.
我不知道我也是你的听众
You were leaving,
你本来要走
And we ended up having supper together,
然后我们却一起吃了晚饭
And you're the only person in this parish
而且你是这个教区唯一一个
that knows about public speaking.
懂得公众演讲的人
This is how God works.
上帝就是这么喜爱巧合
I find that if I'm prepared
我觉得 只要我准备充分
And I have confidence in what I'm selling,
而且信任我将要出♥售♥的产品
That kills the butterflies.
那就不会紧张了
That's good.
很好
I'm prepared.
我准备得很充分
Do you have any other tips?
还有什么别的建议吗
Well, pick somebody and make eye contact with them.
搜寻一些观众 然后和他们做眼神交流
You'd think it would make you nervous, but it really focuses you.
你以为这会让你紧张 但其实只会让你精神集中
Don't they have stuff that you're supposed to talk about?
他们没给你演讲内容吗
Yes, they have stuff.
有 有题目
Let's just say I'm covered in the content department.
内容的话 我没问题
I can only speak for myself,
就我个人的观点来说
But the sermon is the only part of Mass that's in English,
布道是弥撒里唯一用英语讲的部分
And it's very hard to tell sometimes.
有时候真的很难讲
Maybe be simpler?
你能说的简单点吗
Give us a chance of understanding.
给我们个理解的机会
Thank you for the ride.
谢谢你送我
I should go. I really do have to work.
我该走了 得去上班了
Idle hands.
我算是闲人了
It's good to know you.
很高兴认识你
Have a great week.
一周愉快
I hate my feet.
我讨厌我的脚
I love your feet, Mommy.
我喜欢你的脚 妈妈
Feet? I thought those were water skis.
脚吗 我还以为那是滑水撬呢
Stop it.
别闹了
Stop it! Stop it!
别闹了 别闹了
Stop it!
别闹了
Great.
这下好了
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表