剧集 | 好莱坞 | 导航列表
Well, you may feel like an outsider,
但这些人看你时 他们看到的不是这样
but when these folks look at you, they don't see one.
那个引人注目的妞是谁
Who's holding court over there?
我的对手
My competition.
天呐 我得走了
Christ. I gotta go.
祝好运
Good luck.
你觉得自己为什么在这 安斯利先生
So why do you think you're here, Mr. Ainsley?
你应该看过我的胶片和剧本
I presume you saw my film reel and read my script.
不然你就不在这了
You wouldn't be here if I hadn't.
猜猜我找到了谁当主演
Well, guess who I got to play the lead.
黄柳霜
Anna May Wong.
安伯格先生不太买♥♥她的账
She'd be a tough sell to Mr. Amberg.
我们听说她喜欢喝酒
We hear she's a bit of a drinker.
是这行业改变了她
Well, the industry did that to her,
但她仍然是明星 这毫无疑问
but make no mistake, she is still a star.
我们可以帮她重整旗鼓
We could resurrect her career,
还她那个本该凭《大地》获得的奥斯卡奖
get her the Oscar she should have gotten for The Good Earth.
你了解那个故事吗
Are you familiar with the story?
了解
Familiar?
孩子 我当时在场
Kid, I was there.
欧文·撒尔伯格制片 我是副手
Irving Thalberg produced that picture. I was his number two.
不用把我化成亚洲人
You don't have to make me look Asian.
我本就是亚洲人
I already am Asian.
那是我看过最好的试镜
Best screen test I'd ever seen.
黄柳霜是城里唯一的亚洲影星
Anna May was the only Asian movie star in town,
终于有了能让她闪耀的角色
and here, finally, was a role she could shine in.
那是她的大好机遇
It was her big moment.
随时可以开始 富兰克林先生
Ready when you are, Mr. Franklin.
她也抓住了
She took it.
在试镜女孩中鹤立鸡群
Head and shoulders above every other girl we tested.
《大地》 黄柳霜 试镜 第一条
The Good Earth, Anna May Wong, screen test, take one.
《大地》
好
Okay,
你抱着新生儿的尸骨
you're holding the body of your newborn child
听到另一间房♥里男人的声音
and you hear the men in the other room
然后入场
and you enter...
开始
and action.
"十二块买♥♥我所有的地
"Twelve pieces for all my land.
我当初花了100倍的价钱
I paid a hundred times that much.
小偷 盗贼 你知道我不得不卖♥♥"
Thieves. Thieves. And well you know I must sell."
不
No.
地不能卖♥♥
Not the land.
我们不会卖♥♥地
We will not sell the land.
留着土地
We'll keep it.
我们要南下
We'll go south...
等我们归来时
and when we return,
土地还是我们的
we'll still have the land.
"我把这些人带来了
"I've brought these men here.
你必须卖♥♥"
You must sell."
这是你的土地吗
Is it your land?
你一点一滴收♥购♥来的吗
Did you buy it bit by bit?
土地是我们的生活
The land is our life,
即使南下或死在途中
and it's better to go south or die walking
也好过把土地白白给你们
than to give it to you for nothing.
群演下场
And they exit.
你的丈夫向你走来
Your husband Wong walks over to you.
"带着孩子 你能去哪里"
"How could you walk anywhere with a child?"
孩子已经死了
The child is dead.
"死了
"Dead?
但我听到他的啼哭"
But I heard him crying."
孩子死了
The child is dead.
是我通知她
I was the one who had to tell her
路易丝拿到了角色
we were giving the role to Luise.
奥斯卡金像奖获得者是
And the Academy Award goes to...
《大地》 路易丝·赖纳
Luise Rainer for The Good Earth!
路易斯·赖纳
This is Luise Rainer's
多年来第二次获得奥斯卡
second Oscar in as many years,
也是第一位获此殊荣的女演员
the first actress to achieve such a feat.
对赖纳小姐来说 这个夜晚多么美好
Wow. What a night for Miss Rainer.
她看起来光彩照人
She looks over the moon!
我的感激无以言表
Thank you so much.
我想把奖杯献给
I'd like to dedicate this Oscar
已故的欧文·撒尔伯格 他无私奉献...
to the late Irving Thalberg, whose dedication...
这是我听过最悲伤的故事
That's the saddest story I've ever heard.
有什么悲伤的
What's so sad about it?
影片震惊四座 撒尔伯格选对了
Picture was a hit. Thalberg was right.
你不能用中国人或有色人种主演
You can't open a picture with a Chinese lead or a colored one.
很多影院都不会上映
A number of theaters won't run it.
但你说她配得上这个角色
But you said she deserved the part.
是的 但残酷的事实是
Yes, but the hard fact is
如果她是主演
had she gotten it,
电影就不卖♥♥座了
picture's not a hit.
你怎么知道
How do you know that?
你说什么
Excuse me?
既然电影没有拍出来
Well, you never made the movie, so...
你怎么知道它不卖♥♥座
how do you know it's not a hit?
不得不说 塞缪尔先生
I gotta say, Mr. Samuels,
有时我觉得这里的人
sometimes I think folks in this town
不知道自己的潜能
don't really understand the power they have.
电影不仅仅展示世界的运作
Movies don't just show us how the world is,
也展示世界的可能性
they show us how the world can be,
如果我们改变制♥作♥电影的方式
and if we change the way that movies are made,
另辟蹊径 冒险创造不同的故事
you take a chance and you make a different kind of story,
就可以改变世界
I think you can change the world.
这里有一些我...
Here are some scripts that I'm, um...
安伯格先生喜欢的剧本
that Mr. Amberg is excited about.
去读吧
Read them.
找到你喜欢的
If you find something you like,
再回来找我谈
come back and let's talk.
好
Okay.
全部吗
All of them?
全部
All of them.
拍摄中
保持安静
演员就位
Let's have the actors on their marks.
杰克·卡斯泰洛 影像源
23岁 167斤 1米9 棕色头发
无经验试镜
杰克·卡斯泰洛试镜 第一条
Jack Castello screen test. Take one.
如果您不介意的话 亚历山大先生
If you don't mind, Mr. Alexander,
我想一个人呆一会儿
I'd prefer to be left alone.
为什么
Why?
让你坐在外面自怨自艾吗
So you can sit out here and feel sorry for yourself?
你姐姐嫁给他 帮你摆脱他
I should think you'd be happy your sister married him
我以为你会很高兴
and took him off your hands.
克莱只是假装爱我
Clay was pretending to love me.
我一无所有了
There's nothing left.
别让眼泪把自己淹死了
Oh, stop that sniveling before you drown yourself.
你姐姐才应该难过
Your sister's the one to feel sorry for,
但你现在有个好借口
but now you've got a wonderful excuse
不再沉浸于自怜之中了
to bog down in a lot of self-pity!
麦基弗比我想的聪明
Macivor was smarter than I thought he was.
我一点也不怪他
I don't blame him in the least.
带我进屋
Take me into the house.
我肯定会带你进去
You bet I'll take you in.
你大可以躺到世界崩塌
You can stay flat on your back till the world falls down!
这大概是
Well, that was just about
我见过最烂的试镜
the worst screen test I've ever seen.
他全程冲她大喊大叫
He just yelled at her the whole time.
可怜的女孩吓坏了
The poor girl was terrified.
他是新人
He's raw,
但他这长相绝对合适
but he sure as hell's got the right look.
非常上镜
The camera loves him.
如果他记得面对镜头
剧集 | 好莱坞 | 导航列表