剧集 | 好莱坞 | 导航列表
警♥察♥局
姓名 杰克·卡斯泰洛
日期 9月18日
编号♥ 71089
向左转
Turn to your left.
-听我说 -向右转
- Listen-- - To your right.
别说话
Stop talking.
面朝前
Face forward.
卡斯泰洛 你被保释了
Castello. You made bail.
什么鬼 厄尼 我在那待了一整晚
What the fuck, Ernie? I was in there all night.
我得打好几个电♥话♥
Well, I had to make a couple of phone calls
还得亲手交给警司两百美元
and hand-deliver $200 to the police superintendent.
我是个演员 厄尼 我是个正经演员
I'm an actor, Ernie. I'm a serious actor.
我不能有案底
I can't have a record.
你当然可以有 听说过弗兰克·辛纳屈吗
Yeah, you can. Ever heard of Frank Sinatra?
我被捕过很多次
Look, I've been arrested a bunch of times.
扫黄队 他们是这工作的一部分
Vice squads, they're just part of the gig.
这座城正是建立在伪善之上
The hypocrisy of it all is what this town is built on.
电影要宣扬健全的美国品德 对吧
The movies hawk an image of wholesome American virtue, right?
但制♥作♥电影的人 烂到骨子里了
The folks making those movies... rotten to the core.
我该怎么跟我老婆说
What am I gonna tell my wife?
好莱坞
好莱坞
第二集
好莱坞万岁 第二部分
杰克 艾薇丝的油箱又需要重新加满
Hey, Jack. Avis needs her tank filled again.
-现在吗 -今天下午
- Right now? - This afternoon.
艾薇丝从不轻浮 我喜欢她这一点
Avis has never been a quick lay. I like that about her.
她守旧又浪漫
She's old-fashioned and romantic.
有时她喜欢别人请她吃喝 即便是她买♥♥单
Sometimes she likes to be wined and dined, even if she's paying.
本杰明·"巴格斯"·西格尔
当时名昭著又可怕的名流黑帮
今天比弗利山庄在拍卖♥♥巴格斯·西格尔的遗产
Today's Bugsy Siegel's estate sale in Beverly Hills.
甚至可能是他遇刺的那个房♥子 那就太棒了
Might even be the house he got shot in. That'd be kind of neat.
你需要一套西服
You'll need a suit.
厄尼 我不能一晚上都待在外面
Uh, Ernie, I can't stay out all night.
我妻子会杀了我的
Look, my wife is gonna kill me,
我还有试镜 我还有
and I got that screen test, I got...
厄尼 操
Ernie! Fuck.
薇拉
Vera.
斯坦利
Stanley.
你们好
Hello.
非常感谢 有出一万七千五百的吗
Thank you so much. Do I hear seventeen-five?
一万七千五百
Seventeen-five?
一万七千五百拍下这个
Seventeen-five right here for this...
快夸我今天好看 杰克
Tell me I look pretty today, Jack.
你真好看
You do.
你总是这么美丽
You always look beautiful.
你总散发着富贵的芳香
You always smell rich.
或许晚些时候你能带我去跳舞
Maybe later you'll take me dancing.
可能吧
Uh, yeah, maybe.
一万七千五百美元拍出 谢谢你 先生
Sold right here for $17,500. Thank you, sir.
下一个 编号♥102
Up next? Lot number 102,
西格尔先生收藏的纯银汤碗
a soup tureen in sterling silver from Mr. Siegel's collection.
我们从五百美元
Now we will start the bidding
开始竞价这件物品 谁出五百
for this item at $500. Who will give me 500?
两千
Two thousand!
这位女士出两千美元
Two thousand dollars to the lady.
非常感谢 两千美元 有出两千一百的吗
Thank you so much, at $2,000. Do I hear $2,100?
那是我的汤碗
That's my soup tureen.
巴格斯借走后就没还回来
Bugsy borrowed it and never gave it back.
关于跳舞
Listen, about the dancing,
我明早有个试镜
I got a screen test in the morning,
所以我不能整晚在外面
so I really can't stay out all night.
这个选角助理为我冒了大风险
This casting assistant's really going out on a limb for me.
我以前从没有过试镜机会
I've never had a screen test before.
在哪试镜
Where is it?
王牌制片厂
Uh, Ace Studios.
我丈夫就是王牌制片厂
My husband is Ace Studios.
他在巴黎 请求吉恩·蒂尔尼回到好莱坞
He's in Paris, wooing Gene Tierney back to Hollywood.
明早就回来
Home in the morning.
所以
So...
今晚你伺候好妈妈
tonight you take care of mama.
明天妈妈就好好关照你
Tomorrow she takes care of you.
两千四百
Twenty-four.
后排的女士出价三千
Three thousand to the lady in the back!
三千一次
Three thousand's going once.
三千两次
Three thousand is going twice!
穿淡紫色的幸运女士以三千美元拍下
Sold for $3,000 to the lucky lady in lavender.
恭喜
Congratulations.
太爽了
Yes!
太爽了
Yes!
是谁
Who is it?
雷蒙德·安斯利
It's Raymond Ainsley.
我以为你周二才来
I thought you were coming on Tuesday.
今天就是周二 黄小姐
It is Tuesday, Miss Wong.
我要换个时间来吗
Should I come back some other time?
请原谅我这身打扮
Please forgive my appearance.
要来点苏格兰威士忌吗
Can I get you a Scotch?
不用了 谢谢
No, thanks.
那么 安斯利先生
So, Mr. Ainsley,
哪阵风把你吹来见我这鬼魂
what brings you to see the great ghost?
我几周前给你发了我写的剧本
Well, I sent you a script that I wrote a few weeks back.
-不知道你有没有 -看过了
- I'm not sure if you had the-- - Yes.
《上海天使》 我很喜欢
Angel of Shanghai, I quite liked it.
那...那太好了
That's... that's wonderful!
我想说 黄小姐
I have to say, Miss Wong,
我敬仰你很多很多年了
that I've admired you for many, many years.
我觉得《大地》那件事太糟了
I think what happened with The Good Earth was just awful.
-你参战了吗 -是的 海军
- Were you in the war? - Yes, I was. Navy.
但我一回家就开始学习电影制♥作♥
But I've been studying filmmaking ever since I got home.
我不喜欢战时亚洲人
You see, I didn't like the way Asian people
在这个国家遭受的待遇
were treated during the war in this country.
我曾被诋毁以鼓舞士气 而且我也是半亚裔
Vilified to boost morale, and... being half-Asian myself,
我憎恶这一切
I resented that,
但我想制♥作♥
but I want to be making motion pictures
从不同角度看待我们的电影
that put us in a different light.
你是亚裔
You're Asian?
半菲律宾裔 是的
Half-Filipino, yes.
亚裔主演 半亚裔导演
Asian lead. Half-Asian director.
你觉得谁会去看这部电影
Who do you think would go see this picture?
好故事就是好故事 黄小姐
A good story is a good story, Miss Wong.
天啊 你太天真了
My word! You're naive.
他们才不想看一个像我这样的女主角
They don't want a leading lady who looks like me.
观众只关心这个
That's the only thing the audience cares about.
你想要证据吗
You need proof?
我的整个职业生涯
My entire career...
纵欲过度 被鸦♥片♥侵蚀的妓♥女♥
oversexed, opium-addled courtesans,
危险的异国情调 远东的妖妇
dangerously exotic, Far Eastern temptresses.
人们希望我这样的人演这种角色
That's what they wanted to see from someone who looks like me.
你的剧本很好 你也很可能颇有天赋
You have a good script, and you're probably quite talented...
但你会做得更好
but you'd do well
如果你问问自己那个关键问题
if you asked yourself the million-dollar question.
谁会出资制♥作♥这种电影
Who is ever going to make this movie?
王牌影业
Ace Pictures.
我把剧本发给了迪克·塞缪尔
I sent the script to Dick Samuels
他的助理给我打电♥话♥说想见面
and his assistant called me and wants to meet.
王牌制片厂
你好 美女
Hey there, beautiful lady.
你来这干什么
What are you doing?
在我的重要会面前跟你打个招呼
Just saying hi before my big meeting.
你在怕什么
What are you so afraid of?
你是王牌影业新签的演员之一
You're one of Ace Pictures' newest contract players.
拜托 他们每周付我25美元上表演课
Please. They're paying me $25 a week to take acting classes,
而且他们不会喜欢看到有白人吻我
and they are not going to like seeing a white man kissing me.
你可能感觉像个局外人
剧集 | 好莱坞 | 导航列表