剧集 | 好莱坞 | 导航列表
So honest and unveneered.
你该去演戏
You should be acting.
-你在说什么 -不 我是认真的
- What are you talking about? - No, I'm serious.
你应该参与这部电影的制♥作♥
You should be in this production.
她说我该参演这部电影
She said I should be in the play.
她打算让安排我和田纳西·威廉斯见面
She was gonna set a meeting with Tennessee Williams.
但他没打给我
He never called me.
我也有过梦想
I had dreams too, you know.
我在说什么
What am I talking--
恭喜 杰克 给
Congratulations, Jack. Here's--
-厄尼 -不不 我坚持
- Ernie... - No, no, no.
给你五十块 撑到你开拍时 好吗
Here's 50 bucks to tide you over until you start shooting, okay?
等你成为巨星后记得回来看看 打声招呼
Come back when you're a big star and say hello, okay?
好的 谢了 老厄
Okay. Thanks, Ern.
我第一次在酒吧见到你时就知道
I knew it when I saw you in that bar.
你的前途一片光明
You were going places, kid.
我比他们还先知道
I knew it before they did.
美国女性选民♥联♥盟
在此
And so...
我的精神得到了极大振奋
it has very much lifted my spirits
看到今天下午
to see that over $3,000
筹集了超过三千美金
has been raised in a single afternoon.
非常感谢大家的支持 请享用午餐吧
Thank you so much for your support, and please enjoy your lunch.
这些鞋真是的
These fucking shoes.
-这些鞋跟只有1英寸 -就这1英寸也折磨死我了
- Those heels are one inch. - Well, that one inch is killing me.
埃斯怎么样
How's Ace?
其实他最近身体欠佳
He's out of commission for a little while, actually.
大概是染病毒了
Probably just a virus.
-他在家安心休息 -那谁来经营制片厂
- He's at home resting comfortably. - Who's running the studio?
我 但只是挂名
I am. Very much in name only.
艾薇丝
Oh, Avis,
那真是太绝妙了
that is positively divine.
感觉如何
What's it like?
你最近在拍什么电影
What movies are you working on?
这个嘛
Well...
我们最近在试镜关于佩格·恩特维斯托的电影
we just did some screen tests on a film about Peg Entwistle.
我记得那件事
Oh, yes, I remember when that happened.
-听着很吸引人 -是的
- Oh, that sounds gripping. - Yes.
但我感觉很愧疚
But, well, I feel guilty.
我们打算选的女主不是最好的
The girl we're going to give the lead to wasn't the best.
还有个姑娘更出色 只是她是黑人
There was a girl that was far better, but she's colored.
怎么了
What?
迪克·塞缪尔办公室
Office of Dick Samuels.
等等 谁
Wait, who?
她现在就来吗
She's coming now?
-埃莉诺 这是迪克·塞缪尔 -您好 罗斯福太太
- Eleanor, this is Dick Samuels. - How do you do, Mrs. Roosevelt?
-艾伦·金凯德 -真荣幸见到您
- Ellen Kincaid. - So wonderful to meet you.
幸会
It's a pleasure.
-这边走 -谢谢
- Right this way. - Thank you.
过去几年我一直在全国各地跑
These past few years I have been traveling all over the country,
我在南方看到的一切
and what I have seen going on in the South
严重动摇了我对这个国家的信仰
has positively shaken my faith in this country.
我还以为我们打的仗
Here I thought we fought a war
是为自♥由♥而战
for freedom,
为
for...
体面
basic decency.
1876年至1965年间美国南部各州以及边境各州
对有色人种实行种族隔离制度的法律
然后亲身体验过吉姆·克劳法后 那些
Then, to see Jim Crow up close, those...
毒打鞭挞和私处绞刑
the beatings and the lynchings.
我开始意识到这个国家
I have begun to realize that this country
其实正在倒♥退♥
is actually moving backwards.
现在
Now...
我听说
I understand that...
你们有机会
you have the opportunity
让一位黑人女孩做电影的女主
to cast a girl of color as the lead in one of your pictures.
我是来鼓励你们这么做的
I am here to encourage you to do it.
罗斯福太太
Mrs. Roosevelt...
我完全赞同
I couldn't agree more.
金凯德小姐
Miss Kincaid?
我全心全意赞同理查德 罗斯福太太
I wholeheartedly agree with Richard, Mrs. Roosevelt.
好吧 不好意思
Okay, I'm sorry.
尽管我很佩服我同事的
While I greatly admire the bleeding hearts
一片赤诚同情
of my dear colleagues here,
但如果我们选她做女主
if we cast this girl in the lead role,
这电影就不能在南方上映了
the picture will not run in the South.
-那就在北方上映 -电影还会面临抵♥制♥
- Run it in the North. - The picture will face a boycott.
我们制♥作♥的其他电影也会渐渐停拍
Production on our slate of films will grind to a halt.
这个制片厂 和所有在这工作的人
This studio, as well as everyone who works here,
都会成为3K党的目标
will become a target of the Ku Klux Klan.
这是最重要的了
That's the long and short of it.
所以我们才
That's why we just...
我们不能这么做
We can't do it.
没错 这将会是
Yes, it will be...
一项重任
a big to-do.
想象一下 这意味着什么
Think about it, what it might mean to a...
对一个贫穷
to a dirt poor
幼小的黑人女孩
little black girl living
生活在贫民窟
in a shanty in some...
在一个别人说她已经自♥由♥的棉花镇上
cotton town where she's told she's free,
但事实上 她的生活并不比
but really her life is no better
她的祖父母好
than that of her grandparents,
而她的祖父母曾是别人的奴隶
who were the owned property of another human being.
想想她 这会意味着什么
Think about her, what it would mean to...
看到她的同胞在大银幕上
to see herself up there on that screen.
被人吹捧 身份显贵
Vaunted, dignified...
收到尊重
valued.
我在华盛顿的经历教会了我
My time in Washington taught me...
许多东西
...a lot of things.
我以前相信好的政♥府♥能改变国家
I used to believe that good government could change the world.
如今我不确定自己是否还信
Well, I don't know that I believe that anymore.
然而 你们所做的事
However, what you do,
你们三人携手
the three of you,
能改变世界
can change the world.
恕我失陪
Now, if you will excuse me,
指阿尔弗雷德·希区柯克
我约了希克五点吃晚餐
I'm meeting Hick for dinner at 5:00.
谢谢
Thank you.
那你打算怎么办
So, what are you going to do?
剧集 | 好莱坞 | 导航列表