剧集 | 好莱坞 | 导航列表
根据我听到的消息
From what I hear...
你获奖的机会非常大
you got a really good shot.
那就等着看吧
We'll see.
听着
So listen,
如果你被提名
if you get nominated,
我要你努力宣传自己
I want you to campaign hard.
不要畏首畏尾
None of this shrinking violet bullshit.
你要出席所有开幕式 所有午宴
You will go to every opening, you show up at every luncheon,
回答每一个问题
and answer every question
把它们都当做你这辈子
as if it was the most profound query
听过的最深刻的问题
you have ever heard in your life.
明白吗 别让任何人因此而羞辱你
You got it? And don't let anybody shame you for doing it.
我受过挫折 但我必须得屏蔽所有骂声
Now I took my lumps, but I had to shut it all out.
我一生都在努力
I'd worked my whole life so hard,
那时我就知道 我要拼尽全力才能做到
and I knew I was going to have to work really hard to do this.
成为第一人
To be the first.
所以我拼了
So I did.
你知道我去颁奖仪式时 发生了什么吗
And do you know what happened when I got to the ceremony?
那间饭店不允许有色人种进入
The hotel had a "no colored" policy.
他们说 我可以在大厅等
They told me I could wait in the lobby,
如果我拿奖了 会有人来告诉我
and if I won, somebody would come tell me,
那时我才能进去
and then I could go in.
而我妥协了
And I backed down.
我说 "好
I said, "Okay,
我在外面等"
I'll wait out here."
有人透出消息 说我会得奖
Somebody leaked that I was gonna win,
于是就在宣布我的名字之前
so just before they announced my name,
他们才把我塞到后排 让我坐下
they shuffled me in the back and sat me in there.
你听好了 妹妹
You best mind me, sister,
此时此刻 我要告诉你
'cause I'ma tell you right here, right now,
等你去颁奖仪式时
when you go to that ceremony,
你给我好好地坐在第一排
you sit right down in that front row.
叫也好 闹也好
You scream, you shout, you scratch
把谁的眼珠子挖出来都行
somebody's eyes out if you have to.
但你必须要到你应有的尊重
But you demand the respect that you're owed.
得不得奖没关系
It ain't about whether you win or lose.
还有其它事更重要
There's something more important at stake.
重要的是 你要在那间屋子里
What's important... is being in the room.
我一直想问你一件事
I've been wanting to ask you something--
此刻我俩之间没有秘密
We ain't got no secrets at this point.
你得奖的时候
When you won...
是什么感觉
what did that feel like?
我无法相信
I couldn't believe it.
我哭了 我下台后哭了
I mean, I cried. I got off that stage and I cried.
我根本想象不到
I couldn't imagine it.
我双亲都是奴隶 而我...
I was the daughter of two slaves, and here I was...
却拿了奥斯卡奖
with an Academy Award.
指哈蒂·麦克丹尼尔获奥斯卡最佳女配的
《乱世佳人》中"妈咪"一角
我演那个角色
I only played that role
只是因为我奶奶在种植园工作过
because my grandmother worked on a plantation,
我知道那个女人是怎样的人
and I knew who that woman was.
我懂得妈咪
I knew Mammy.
我演她是为了致敬
I did it in tribute.
我以为拿了奖...
You know, I thought winning was gonna...
会为我带来改变
change things for me.
不用再演女佣
No more goddamn maids.
也许我可以演一些爱情片
Maybe I get to play somebody romantic or...
喜剧片角色 有趣又有钱
a comedy part. You know, some funny, rich...
帽子上插着羽毛的纽约淑女
lady in New York with a feather in her cap.
但是 根本没有
But... fucking no.
那些角色从没找过我
The roles never came.
仿佛这座城市
It was like the town
在告诉我 我得奖是错的
made me feel like I'd done something wrong by winning...
我不该穿过满是白人的礼堂
By walking across that all-white auditorium and...
站到舞台上属于我的位置
taking my place on that stage.
后来再也没有好角色找我
No great roles ever came after that.
我也再没回到过那间屋子
And I never got back in that room.
所以你要理直气壮地走进去
So you get in that room, and you own it.
为了我
For me.
为了我们所有人
For all of us.
喂
Hello.
谢谢
Thank you.
好的 再见
Yes. Goodbye.
先生 如果你在开玩笑...
Mister, if you are pulling my leg...
我们被提名了奥斯卡奖
We just got nominated for an Academy Award.
先生 如果我在做梦 别叫醒我
Mister, if I'm dreaming, don't wake me up.
还有别的奖吗
Anybody else?
最佳剪辑
Um, Best Editing.
最佳录音
Uh, Best Sound Recording,
黄柳霜提名了最佳女配
Best Supporting Actress for Anna May Wong,
杰克最佳男配
Best Supporting Actor for Jack,
阿奇最佳编剧 最佳影片
Best Screenplay for Archie, Best Picture...
还有最佳导演
and Best Director.
怎么了
What's the matter?
一直以来 我都以为我很了解我的国家
All my life, I thought I knew the country I lived in,
知道它接下来会怎样...
what it was always gonna be...
可现在...
but now...
我感觉这里和我想象的不太一样
I feel like this ain't the place I thought it was.
这是好事 对吗
Well, that's good, right?
天大的好事
That's real good.
-是吗 -好极了
- Yeah? - That's real good.
天大的...
That's real...
好事
good.
好的 安伯格太太
Yes, Mrs. Amberg.
他就在这里
He's here.
我现在让他进去 安伯格太太现在可以见你了
I'll send him right in. Mrs. Amberg will see you now.
麻烦签下名
If you'd sign here.
听着 我来这里是因为...
Look, the reason I'm here is because...
因为我十分尊敬你
well, because I owe you a great deal of respect.
我很感激 因为我终于感觉到
I'm grateful because I finally feel like
有位位高权势的人
there's somebody in a position of power
在试着了解我...
who is trying to understand me...
尤其在我是同性恋 还是黑人的情况下
being homosexual, and a black man on top of that.
我不认为了解你是件难事
I don't think it's so hard to understand you.
你我同样都是局外人
You and I are both outsiders.
我知道我们还是有所不同
It's different, I know.
我完全无法对你的生活感同身受
I hardly know what it feels like to walk in your shoes.
问题就在这 我不认为你能知道
That's the thing. I don't think you could know.
我不能和我爱的男人
I still can't walk down the street
手牵手走过大街小巷
and hold hands with the man I love.
埃斯和我也从不牵手
Ace and I never held hands either.
他总是比我走快三米
He had this habit of walking ten feet ahead of me.
但你们有牵手的权利
But you could've held hands.
而我呢 我一踏出家门 就要向世界撒谎
Me, every time I step out my door, I start lying to the world.
这让我喘不过气来
It's weighing on me.
我不想再这样下去了
I ain't gonna do it no more.
我来是想告诉你
I'm here to tell you,
我要有所行动了
I'm going to do something.
你究竟想说什么 阿奇
What are we talking about here, Archie?
洛克·哈德森...
Rock Hudson...
他是我的爱人
He's the man I'm in love with.
我们住在一起
We live together
而且...
and...
我会和他一起去参加奥斯卡
I'm showing up to the Oscars with him
我会挽着他
on my arm.
我们要手牵着手 一起拍照
He and I holding hands together, getting photographed,
告诉全世界 我们拒绝躲藏
telling the world we refuse to hide,
我知道这对你来讲可能不重要
and I know it may not seem important to you,
可在我还小的时候
but opening up a newspaper
打开报纸
and seeing something like that, when...
剧集 | 好莱坞 | 导航列表