剧集 | 为了全人类 | 导航列表
People get tired. They lose focus. They make mistakes.
这时人们就会受伤 - 没错
And this is when people get hurt. - Exactly.
想赚大钱就得冒险
You gotta take some risks if you want a big payoff.
如果人死了 要那么多钱有什么用
What are you gonna do with all that money if you're dead?
至少我会笑着死在金棺材里
At least I'll die with a rich man's smile.
她似乎很自信
She seems very confident.
她完全有理由自信
Well. With good reason.
她知道赫利俄斯对我们和美国人的必要性
She knows Helios has never been more essential to us and the Americans
现在达到了空前的高度
than they are now.
我们 我喜欢听你这么说 玛高
Us? I like hearing you say this, Margo.
我不是... - 好了 来看看他们有什么本事吧
I wasn't-- - Okay. Let us see what they're made of.
霍布森局长 罗萨莱斯女士
Administrator Hobson, Ms. Rosales.
我代表苏联航♥天♥局和苏联
On behalf of Roscosmos and the Soviet Union,
欢迎你们来到列♥宁♥格勒
welcome to Leningrad.
谢谢 - 我很荣幸来这里
Thank you. - Pleasure to be here.
我的酒店非常豪华
My hotel is magnificent.
罗萨莱斯女士 你的住宿条件如何
And how are your accommodations, Ms. Rosales?
如果洗手间不在走廊另一头就更舒服了
Would be more comfortable if the bathroom wasn't down the hall.
会议规模这么大
Well, with the large size of the conference,
我们也是迫不得已这样安排 一些人的住宿条件没那么理想
we were forced to put some in less than ideal accommodations.
预祝我们成功
To success.
我不确定怎么能成功
Not sure how that's possible,
除非我们能在某人的床垫下面 找到一万亿美元
unless we find a trillion dollars under someone's mattress.
问题不在于钱
Well, the problem isn't the money.
不是 - 对
It's not? - No.
光我们两个国家就能凑出这么多钱了
Our two nations alone could put up that amount of money.
当然我们不会这么做
And we will not, of course.
对 我们不会
Yes, we will not,
因为给这次行动出资是整个M7集团的责任
because it is the responsibility of the entire M-7 bloc to fund this operation.
若想得到回报 每一个成员都得投入些什么
I mean, everybody has to have skin in the game if they want to benefit.
相信我
And believe me,
这个大厅里能出资的人很多 足以支付成本
there is plenty of skin in this room to cover the costs.
那问题在哪呢
Then what's the problem?
在于投资回报
The problem is the return on investment.
投资回报率
ROI.
商业里最重要的词
The biggest three letters in business.
在任何语言中都是 - 明白了
In any language. - I get it.
每一位投资者都有巨大的回报
And there is a substantial return on everyone's investment.
成本是二十万亿美元潜在收入的10% 甚至更少
The cost is 10% or less of the potential revenue of over 20 trillion dollars.
这是巨大的投资回报率
It's a huge ROI.
但对于30年来说就不是了
But not for 30 years.
最少要30年
Thirty years at minimum.
我的人估计更接近40年
My people estimate it's closer to 40 years
才会有国家看到这笔投资的回报
before any of our countries will see the return on this investment.
我觉得35年比较实际
I said 35 years was more realistic.
我不可能挥一挥魔棒 就凭空变出一整支全新的飞船舰队
I can't wave a magic wand and create entire new fleets of spacecraft
和相关配套基建设施
and their associated infrastructure out of thin air.
即便造出来了 我们还得把这些东西
And even after it's built, we still have to launch those systems
择日发射到30天旅程之外的一颗星球去
to a planet that's 30 days' travel time away on a good day.
我们还得去开采
And then we have to actually mine the stuff
对 还得把矿石一路送回地球
and-- oh, yeah-- bring it all the way back home.
这都是需要时间的
It takes time.
很不幸 你替我们把话都说了
Well, unfortunately, you're making our case for us.
什么话
What case?
放弃整个行动
To drop the entire operation.
什么 那不行 - 不...
What? No! - No. No, no, no.
这真的是一生难得一遇的机会
This is literally a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
我们不能放弃
We can't pass this by.
莫斯科决不会批准等上40年
Moscow will never agree on waiting four decades
才看到如此巨额投资得到真正回报的
before seeing real benefits of the investment this significant.
但整个计划的意义 不是为了让我们今天收益的
But the whole point of the project is that it's not just for us today.
是为了未来
It's for the future.
对 华盛顿也不会接受
No, it'll never fly in Washington either.
40年在政坛就是一辈子了
Forty years is a lifetime in politics.
想想看 40年前 杰克肯尼迪当总统时
Think about it, 40 years ago, Jack Kennedy was president,
每天晚上的新闻都是越战
the Vietnam War was on the news every night,
猫王还很瘦
and Elvis was skinny.
数以百万计的人 很多代还没有出生的人
Millions of people, generations of people who haven't even been born yet
会受到这次计划的影响
will be affected by this.
我们有一个独一无二的机会 能让整个地球受益
We have a unique chance to do something that will benefit the entire Earth.
很不幸 金发姑娘不是飞往地球
Unfortunately, Goldilocks is not going to Earth.
而是飞往火星
It's going to Mars.
唯一受益的是你们赫利俄斯的人
And the only people who stand to benefit from it is you at Helios.
你们立刻能得到投资的钱
You get the money for investment now,
而我们必须要等到以后才能看到回报
and then we have to wait for the benefit later.
不 这可不行 - 等一下
No, it will not do. - Hold on a second there.
如果金发姑娘不是飞往火星呢
What if Goldilocks wasn't going to Mars?
我们从未模拟过这种情况
We never modeled that scenario.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
我们就是因此而来的 - 等等...
That's why we're here. - Wait, wait.
他可能说得有道理
He might be onto something.
解释一下
Explain what you mean.
把小行星运到地球来 而不是火星
Bringing the asteroid to Earth instead of Mars.
在地球轨道上开采
Mining it in orbit. Here.
利用月球上现有的氦3基建设施
Using the existing helium-3 infrastructure from the Moon
我们可以立即开始开采
would allow us to start mining it right away.
而且不必向火星发送几千个载具
And not having to send thousands of vehicles to Mars
这样时间线也更快
means a faster timeline.
投资回报周期也大大缩短
And an exponentially faster return on investment.
对所有人都是
To everyone.
也打开了其他公♥司♥通过开采小行星 赚钱的渠道
And it opens the door for other companies to make money mining it.
而不是赫利俄斯一家独大
Not just Helios.
这对全球经济的受益是惊人的
The potential for the global economy is staggering.
我们不必再等到2040年代才看到收益
And instead of having to wait to see benefits till the 2040s,
开始收益的时间是...什么时候
we start seeing them-- When?
五年后
Five years.
我刚想说呢
I was just gonna say that.
两位代表朋友
My fellow delegates,
我们好像刚刚改变了游戏规则
I think we might have just changed the rules of the game.
现在我们只需想出如何实现
Now we just have to figure out how to pull it off.
是这样 如果凝结器上方的蒸气压过高
You see, if the vapor pressure above the condenser's too high,
蒸气就会充满下面的管道
steam is gonna fill the line down there.
好 我会做出相应的调整
Okay. I'll make the appropriate adjustments.
应该的
You should.
你以后的酒全部免费
And you get drinks on the house.
那是必须的
You're goddamn right I do.
你以为这些建议是免费的吗
You think you can get all this advice just for free?
你继续倒酒
You keep them coming.
再来一杯 - 继续倒
One more? - Keep 'em coming!
你喝起酒来像个苏联人
You drink like a Russian.
我当你是在故意夸我
I'll take that as the compliment I think it was intended.
你这里的规模不小啊
Quite an operation you got going here.
再加上你从地球走私的黑市货
Between this and the black-market stuff you got rolling in from Earth,
你一个月得赚上个五千 一万吧
you gotta be clearing, what, five, ten grand a month?
上将 拜托 - 我不是第一次外派驻扎
Admiral, please. - This isn't my first rodeo.
我见过黑市货的地方有航母 军舰
I've seen black-market stuff on carriers and cruisers
战地移♥动♥手术医院 隔离... - 上将 拜托
and MASH units, isolation-- - Admiral, please.
这个话题不能在这里说
This is not topic for here.
你是怎么运作的
So, how do you work it?
凤♥凰♥号♥上有人帮你
You got someone helping you up on Phoenix?
对吗
只有这个方法才行
That's the only way to really make it work.
对吧
Right?
嗨 法伊扎
Hey, Faiza.
迈尔斯 你好
Miles. Hello.
我下一批运出去的黑曜石 还需要再加几个舱位
I'm gonna need a couple of extra slots on the next obsidian shipment out.
重量可能会是个问题 因为这批货很重
Weight's gonna be an issue, 'cause it's kind of a heavy consignment,
但我想如果我们调整
but I figure if we move around
最后几个... - 我不能再帮你了 迈尔斯
those last couple of-- - I cannot help you anymore, Miles.
你说什么
Excuse me?
这个区域禁止非必要人员进入
This area is off-limits to nonessential personnel.
剧集 | 为了全人类 | 导航列表