and get you blabbing like a fool.
您说得对 先生
That's a good point, sir.
那么 这些人对这材料知道些什么
Now, these men, what do they know of this material?
不比我知道的多 先生
No more than I do, sir.
没错 但你知道的比他说的要多吧
Yes, but you're someone who knows more than he tells.
我不是一个爱乱猜的人
Well, I'm not one to speculate...
但你也没办法 因为你是个聪明人
But you can't help it because you're a man of intelligence.
他们不让我们在这儿吸烟 所以我猜是燃料
They won't let us smoke in here, so I assume it's fuel.
供给炼钢炉的燃料 先生
Fuel for the furnaces, sir.
很厉害的推理
Excellent reasoning.
萨克利夫勋爵喜欢爱思考的人
Lord Sutcliffe appreciates an enquiring mind.
我一直都关注蛛丝马迹
I keep my ear to the ground.
那最近你都听说了什么呢
And what is the ground saying these days?
这东西燃烧的时间比煤长1000倍
That this stuff burns a thousand times longer than coal?
非常好
Very good.
产生的热量也更多
Hotter, too.
热得无法衡量
Hotter than they can measure.
很棒
Excellent!
一流产品
First-class.
-我说的对不对 先生 -你继续说下去
- I'm right, aren't I, sir? - Oh, there's no stopping you.
你保持这样的警惕
You keep this up,
你很快就能从这里被提拔上去了
you won't be working in this yard for very long.
-你这么觉得吗 -我几乎可以保证
- You think not? - I can almost guarantee it.
你知道人们还说了些什么吗
You know what else they say?
他们说这东西甚至能在水下燃烧
They say it even burns under water.
你就放...
No sh...
所以说
So.
这个人有个宠物怪兽能把人变成燃料
This guy has a pet monster that turns people into fuel
然后我们就这样随便跑来敲他的门了
and we're just rocking up at his door?
那是他的门 来敲的是我们
That's his door, this is us rocking.
如果我们要阻止他就先要知道他从哪儿来的
If we're going to stop him, we need to know where he started.
-意思是 -哪个星球
- Meaning? -Which planet.
哪个星球
"Which planet" ?
所以你认为萨克利夫是个外星人咯
So, you think Sutcliffe is an alien?
有可能 因为那个生物是外星的
Possibly. Because the creature is an alien.
它显然是在制♥造♥足够的燃料
It certainly appears to be producing fuel
以供星际航行使用
suitable for interstellar travel.
不管怎样 比尔
Either way, Bill...
-交谈的事情交给我来做 -为什么
- I need you to leave the talking to me. - Why?
因为你容易情绪化
Because you have a temper.
我之前是稍微有点上火
OK, I lost it a tiny bit...
你马上就要见的人 不管是不是外星人
You're about to meet a man, alien or otherwise,
都把人类看做是原材料
for whom human beings are raw material.
他为了利润连孩子都不放过
Who grinds up children for profit.
我们到这儿来只为一件事
What we are here for is one thing.
信息
Information.
我们要靠外交手腕来获取信息
We get that with diplomacy and tact.
还有魅力 如果有必要的话
Charm, if necessary.
好吧
OK.
我懂了
I get it.
永远记住 比尔
Always remember, Bill,
激动会冲昏头脑
passion fights...
保持理智才能取胜
but reason wins.
来自费尔福德俱乐部的迪斯科博士
Dr Disco, from the Fairford Club!
显然 你想要成为我们的一员
Obviously, one aspires to membership,
但竟然考虑要
but to actually be considered for...
是谁 谁让这个东西进来的
Who... Who let this creature in here?
在你的主人面前 你个小丫头给我站起来
On your feet, girl, in the presence of your betters.
他是人类
He's human.
31岁 身体缺铁
31 years of age. Low on iron.
这么种族歧视 肯定不是外星人
Yeah, that was pretty convincing racism for an extra-terrestrial.
我也是这么想的
My thoughts exactly.
你好
Hello.
我能说我平时不是这样的吗
Can I just say, this is very unlike me.
正常情况下我不会这么做的
I don't normally do this.
-他本是想表现得迷人 -总的来说是的
- He was aiming for charming. - Basically.
-你不是费尔福德俱乐部的 -河里的生物
- You're not from the Fairford Club. - The creature in the river.
-它是从哪里来的 -你们到底是谁
- Where did it come from? - Who the devil are you people?
-从哪里来的 -哪儿都不是
- Where did it come from? - Nowhere!
它一直都在那儿
It's always been there.
这个秘密在家族里一代代流传下来
The secret's been passed down in the family since...
不知是从何时开始 历史记录多长就有多久
I don't know when. As far back as records go.
那么告诉我 你有记录它杀过多少人吗
Then, tell me. Do you also keep a record of how many it's killed?
拜托 人们知道这冰有危险
Please! The people know the ice is dangerous,
但他们还是坚持要上去玩乐
yet they will insist on their festivities.
这可不是我的错
That's hardly my fault.
别低估你自己
Don't sell yourself short.
这是几十年来最大的冰冻集♥会♥
This is the biggest Frost Fair in decades,
这可都是你的功劳
and that's down to you.
是么
It is?
抓我的人左手上有纹身
The man holding me has a tattoo on his left hand.
不仅是这些 对吧
And that's not all, is it?
马戏表演 大象 都是你安排的
The circus performers, the elephant, that's all you.
我尽可能利用环境
I made the most of the situation.
这么多年 它第一次能让天气这么冷
It's the first proper freeze it's caused in years.
为什么
Why?
生产率下降了
Production down, huh?
死的人不够多
Not enough people dying?
丫头 你显示了你的种族有多么无知
Girl, you show the ignorance of all your kind.
没那头怪物 我的工厂要依靠煤矿
Without that beast, my mills would rely on coal mines,
煤矿总会死人
and men die in coal mines all the time.
我更希望你是外星人
I preferred it when you were alien.
-如果我是 -没人性就说得通了
- When I was...? - That explained the lack of humanity.
你怎么能确定你的命
What makes you so sure that your life is worth more
比冰上那些人的更有价值 是因为钱么
than those people out there on the ice? Is it the money?
运气让你生在富丽堂皇的房♥子里
The accident of birth that puts you inside the big, fancy house?
我推动了这个地区的发展
I help move this country forward.
我推动了这个帝国前进
I move this empire forward.
人类进步不是靠工业衡量的
Human progress isn't measured by industry...
而是靠人们如何看待生命
It's measured by the value you place on a life.
看待一个不重要的生命
An unimportant life.
没有特权的生命
A life without privilege.
死在河上的那个男孩
The boy who died on the river,
他的价值就是你的价值
that boy's value is your value.
这定义了一个时代 这
That's what defines an age. That's...
定义了一个种族
What defines a species.
多么精彩的演讲
What a beautiful speech.
用词华丽 韵律优美
The... rhythm and vocabulary,
精彩绝伦
quite outstanding.
足以触动任何一个
It's enough to move anyone...
有一丝同情心的人
With an ounce of compassion.
可惜今天你运气真差 对吧
So, it's really not your day, is it?
他们知道了怪物 肯定还有其他人也知道了
If they know about the beast, then others must, too.
我们提前实施计划
We bring the plan forward.
-什么时候 大人 -现在
- When, sir? - Now!
就在白天
In daylight.
没时间生气
No time for outrage.
-你也没时间干别的对吧 -别得意
- You've never had time for anything else. Right? - Don't be smug.
那是我的专项
Smug belongs to me.
你真的有2000岁了
Are you really 2,000 years old?
怎么了
Why?
我想知道需要多久
I just wanted to know how long it takes,
才能让你讲出刚才那番话
before you can make a speech like the one you just made.
值得等
It was worth the wait.
快点 出来
Come on, out!
进去
Get in there!
坐下闭嘴
Sit down and shut up.
这可能是朗姆酒
It could be rum.
朗姆酒是用桶装的
Rum came in barrels.
不是 闻闻
Nah, smell that.
这是他们自产的火箭燃料 被当成炸♥药♥了
剧集 | 神秘博士 | 导航列表