剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
He beat us both,and Edward...
他打我们,而Edward...
I know he did this for me,in a way.
我知道某种程度他这也是为了我
Move to strike.
我们要反驳
他在撒谎!
你有什么理由?
Look,I've made our position clear.
我已经把态度表明了
It isn't gonna change because you brought in Shirley Schmidt.
即使你把 Shirley Schmidt拉来也改变不了什么.
Mr Weiner,the casinos have it down to a science,
Weiner先生,赌场把怎么样操控顾客
how to manipulate the customers.
已经变成了一门科学
You said you had something you wanted me to hear.
你说你有些想说给我听的东西
So far I haven't heard it,and I'm becoming increasingly frustrated.
目前为止我没有听到,我越来越沮丧了
Could you fill me in?
你能让我听到吗?
What is that ridiculous sound you keep making?
你发出是那什么鬼声音啊?
你们两个真的是律师吗?
Weiner先生...
Are you in this with Ralph Peters? I'll kill him.
你们是不是和Ralph Peters串通好了? 我要杀了他
This is a real lawsuit,
这是个真正的诉讼
and I would advise you to take it very seriously.
我建议你应当认真对待
Oh,please.
哦,拜托
There are studies,sir,that link your industry to high rates of divorce.
先生,有研究表明,你们产业与如此高的离婚率有很大联♥系♥
Studies funded by anti-gaming lobbies.
由反赌博游说组织赞助的研究吧
很不幸,那个女人的运气很糟糕
那个女人没有经验
30 million people will visit Vegas casinos alone every year.
每年有3000万人单独来去到拉斯维加斯的赌场
不好意思,我没法再听了
拜托给我说完
Hey,buddy,he didn't call you in to say pretty please.
嘿,兄弟,他让你来这里不是让你说的
Get your ass back in that chair.
给我滚回你的椅子
What?
什么?
Your client gave Alisa McKenzie this,a player's club card.
你的当事人给Alisa McKenzie这个,玩家俱乐部卡
You know what it is.
你知道这是什么东西
It gives a gambler the sense she's not spending money so much
这给赌徒一种感觉,让她通过连续地获得额外点数
as earning bonus points toward a free rib buffet.
使她觉得没有花掉很多钱
Gotta love it.
好喜欢啊
You think a jury would look favorably on an industry
你觉得陪审团会倾向这样的一个产业吗?
that privately refers to its slots as the crack cocaine of gambling?
这个产业偷偷摸摸通过老虎机让赌徒上瘾
Oh,yeah,sure,let's all cheer for the good guys!
噢,当然是的,让我们为你们欢呼吧!
Tell you what. Pick up your phone,give your boss a call.
跟你说,拿出电♥话♥,给你老板打电♥话♥
Ask him about something called enhanced air industries.
问问他什么叫增强型空气行业
You know what that is?
你这到这是什么吗?
Synthetic pheromones!
合成费洛蒙(又称信息素或性外激素)!
It instills a sense of comfort and security.
它逐渐灌输起一种舒适与安全的感觉
It's a synthetic version of the same pheromone released from mothers to newborns.
这是母亲传给婴儿的那种信息素的合成版本
Some casinos,including the Botticelli,pump it into their gaming rooms.
包括Botticelli在内的一些赌场都在赌博室中充灌这种气体
Don't you just love that?
你喜欢这个吗?
It isn't enough you ply your customers with free alcohol
你们用穿着清凉的服务员给你们的顾客提供免费酒类
delivered by cleavage-bearing waitresses.
这远远不够
It's not enough that gamblers sit on ergonomically designed seats
你们让赌徒坐在人体学设计的座位上,处于时刻让他们兴奋的特制灯光下
under lights specifically engineered to keep them alert.
这远远不够
It's not enough you give them chips and betting cards
你们给他们筹码与赌博卡,使得他们即使产生债务也不会接触真实的钞票
so they don't have to touch real cash as they incur real debt.
这也远远不够
You have to then gas them with a synthetic pheromone
你们还要用含有合成费洛蒙的气体
designed to make them feel happy and secure
这种气体是专门设计用来让他们觉得舒适与安全
as they're losing money they don't have!
即使他们已经输掉了他们所没有的钱!
You have absolutely no scientific proof of that.
你们并没有科学的证明
Think not? Well,discovery and experts come with lawsuits,buddy.
你觉得没有? 诉讼总是伴随着研究与专家的
We can test the Botticelli air as early as Friday.
我们最早就可以对Botticelli的空气进行检测
Give your boss a call,sport. Just say "synthetic pheromones".
给你老板打电♥话♥,就说"合成费洛蒙".
Let me know how he responds.
然后和我们说他什么反应
I'm done being nice here.
我会好好的在这里
Pick up your phone.
拿出电♥话♥来
Michael was always the ringleader,
Michael通常都是头目
always the one to take matters into his own hands,
通常都是亲自考虑事情的
and he's the one that did so here.
这次也是这样
The physical evidence backs up everything that Edward said,everything.
物质上的证据证明了 Edward 所说的一切,一切
And did you check out Michael's demeanor on the stand?
你们看到Michael在座位上的举止了吗?
Even,no emotion.
毫无情绪
His testimony was tailor-made,crafted,calculated
他的作证是经过排练的、精明的、算计的
to counter what Edward said.
来反驳Edward所说的
The therapist Dr Levine said
Levine医生刚才说
Edward's hatred for his father was especially profound,
Edward对他父亲的仇恨非常深刻
and did you all happen to notice,
你们都注意到了吗
as Michael addressed his younger brother from the witness stand,
Michael在证人席上指出他的弟弟的时候
Edward could not bring himself to look at him.
Edward 都不敢与他对视
Perfect.
完美
Brother Ed says Mike did it. Brother Mike says Ed did it,
弟弟Ed说是Mike干的. 哥哥Mike说是Ed干的,
and you're left with reasonable doubt for both.
然后你们对两个人都产生合理怀疑了
It's genius.
真是天才
If you go back into that room thinking,"I wonder which one did it",
如果你们回到房♥间思考,"我不知道是哪一个做的"
they both go free.
他们两个都被释放了
That's their strategy.
这是他们的策略
There certainly were others who had motive to kill Joseph Scanlon.
肯定有其他人有这个动机要杀死 Joseph Scanlon
The police never investigated.
警♥察♥却没有做调查
A car was seen speeding away from the scene.
曾经有辆车被看到从现场开走
They never traced it. They simply arrested the boys.
他们却没有追踪,仅仅是逮捕了这两个男孩
'Cause it was such a nice,neat,tidy package.
因为这是个好的、简洁的、整齐的提议
Boys made the threats. They were at the scene.
这两个男孩很恐惧,在现场
Blood was on them,gun with them.
身上又有血、有枪
Why bother to investigate?
何必麻烦再做调查呢?
It saved a lot of time to simply arrest the boys.
简单地逮捕这两个男孩可以省很多时间
And maybe the police got it half-right.
也许警♥察♥做对了一半
Maybe Edward did it.
可能是Edward干的
If anybody,it was Michael!
如果是其他人的话,那就是Michael!
It was both,
是两个人干的
and they're both playing you for idiots.
他们俩拿你们当傻瓜呢
You can't know that it was or wasn't just one of them.
你们没法知道究竟是不是其中一个人干的
And not knowing which one...
也不知道究竟是哪一个人...
There's reasonable doubt for both.
这就是他们两个都有合理怀疑
Therefore,under the law,both must be set free.
因此,根据法律,两个都应无罪释放
A man was found dead with a bullet in his head.
一个男人被发现头部中弹而死
Discovered with the body were his two sons,blood on their hands.
他的两个儿子被发现手上都是鲜血
The two people who said they would kill him.
这两个人就是杀人的人
Let's stop wasting time.
别再浪费时间了
Before I even slide this over,it's nonnegotiable.
我们略过这些,这是不可谈判的
Absolutely no admission of liability.
但是绝对不承认有责任
If it gets out at all,we'll revoke it.
如果要求超过这些,我将撤回我的条件
我没有在开玩笑
多少数目?
This is as high as I'm authorized.
这是我有权提供的最大数额了
You either take it sealed,or else we go to court.
你们要么签收,要么上法庭
At which point,we'll drag it out for light-years.
这样那将是旷日持久的
The number?
数目是?
We'll recommend it to our client,and we'll let you know.
我们会和我们的当事人说,然后再和你联♥系♥
Thank you.
谢谢
Well,very nice result,you guys.
嗯,很好的结果
And quite a performance,Jer.
很棒的表现,Jer.
Yes.
是的
Nice work,Clarence.
干得好,Clarence.
You,too,Jer.
你也是,Jer.
Oh,God.
噢,天啊
是的,我们做到了!
我们做到了!
They sued a casino.
他们起诉一个赌场
Well,I'm guessing it went well.
嗯,我猜进展得很好吧
That's your boyfriend in there.
你男朋友在那边吗
Does he hop like that with you?
他会对你这样吗?
You okay?
你还好吧?
We could both win,both lose.
我们要么全赢,要么全输
One of us could win.
其中一个会赢
The other might not.
另一个就会输
Yes,that's right.
是的,对的
You closed better than I did.
你的结案陈词比我的好
Your closing was fine.
你结案也很好
I don't think I could take you winning and my losing.
我觉得我没法接受你赢我输
Is that a bad thing for me to say?
对我来说这是坏事吗?
It's honest.
很诚实
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表