剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
Stop it!
打住!
I'm very sorry.
非常抱歉
When I meet people for the very first time,
当我第一次和别人见面
I'm not quite myself.
我并不是真正的我
I want to sue.
我想要起诉
They,they destroyed me.
他们使我受到损害
The barrel point of the gun was flush against the forehead and straight.
发射时,枪管是直正对头部前方的
From that,we concluded it wasn't suicide.
这样我们确定这不是自杀
Why,doctor?
医生,为什么?
Well,the victim had arms shorter than mine,
嗯,受害人的胳膊比我的还要短
and as you can see,in order to get a flush,straight entry,
你可以看到,直接从前方发射
I would have to hold the gun in an extremely awkward manner.
我必须用一个很难受的姿势持枪
It's more likely he would hold it like this.
这个姿势会更可能一些
What if he held it with two hands?
如果用两个手呢?
Then he would have had to use a thumb to squeeze the trigger.
那么他必须用拇指来扣动扳机
A print of the index finger was...
这样他的食指...
What if Mr Scanlon wanted to make it look like murder?
如果Scanlon先生想让这看起来像起谋杀呢?
Wouldn't he assume the more awkward position?
难道他不会用这种难看的姿势?
Maybe,but with shorter arms,a straight entry would be very difficult.
可能吧。
This man had beaten his sons and his wife.
这个人曾经打过他的儿子和妻子
就算不说这个
反对
Suppose out of hatred,he wanted to frame them,
或许是除了仇恨之外,他想要污蔑他们
or out of guilt,he didn't want his life insurance policy to be voided,
又或者是出于愧疚,他不想让他妻子的保险单作废
which suicide would definitely...
自杀绝对可以...
反对成立
反对。这只是推断
This is a coroner,Mr Shore.
Shore先生,他是个验尸官
Let's keep our questions medically based.
让我们基于医学来讨论这个问题
You cannot exclude suicide to a medical certainty,can you,doctor?
从医学角度的确定性上看,你并不能肯定排除自杀,你能吗,医生?
No.
不能
Clarence.
Clarence.
Hello.
你好
Is Alan in?
Alan在吗?
哦,天啊
嗯,他去出庭了
Is something wrong?
出什么事了?
I have a client who lost a lot of money gambling.
我有个客户在赌场输了很多钱
I took the case,though I seem utterly without cause of action,
我接下了这个案子,尽管看起来我完全没有起诉的理由
and I'm just a little fraught.
我只是有点担心
We have no defense,
我们没有抗辩理由
other than to put the boys up there and let them proclaim their innocence.
除了让这两个男孩在那里一再宣称他们是无辜之外
And you can put me up there.
你们可以把我也拉进来
Yes,but you're their mother.
是的,但是你是他们的母亲
Mrs Scanlon,if you really want to help your sons here,
Scanlon女士,如果你真的想帮助你的儿子
our suggestion is that you convince them to go with temporary insanity.
我们的建议是你说服他们说他们是暂时性精神失常
I go with it all the time.
我们一直都是这样做的
But,but they didn't do it.
但是,但是他们真的没有做
The idea that your husband killed himself...
关于你丈夫是自杀的观点...
the angle of the wound...
伤口的角度...
But it's possible. You got them to admit that.
但这是可能的。你也让他们承认了啊
Yes,yes,but...
是的,是的,但是...
They can't prove that somebody else didn't do it.
他们不能证明其他人没有杀他啊
There were so many people who hated him.
有太多恨他的人了
There is no physical,testimonial or circumstantial evidence
并没有物质上的,经过证明的,符合细节的证据
of anybody else being inside that house.
来证明有其他人曾经进入过这个房♥子
What if I said I arrived home with them?
如果我说我和他们一起回来的呢?
You already told the police that you were at the dentist.
你已经和警♥察♥说你那时候在牙医那里
Well,maybe I lied to the police to throw them off track.
嗯,可能是我对警♥察♥说谎来保护他们
Why would you want to throw the police off track
为什么你对警♥察♥撒谎呢?
if you thought your sons were innocent?
如果你觉得你儿子无罪的话
Maybe I thought that the police were gonna arrest them anyway,
可能我觉得警♥察♥无论如何都把他们带走
and a mother has to do what she has to to save her children,
母亲会尽自己一切来帮助儿子
and in this case,it meant lying to the police.
这里就是说我对警♥察♥说谎了
不是
这很荒谬吗?
But your dentist will testify that you were at his office.
但是你的牙医会证明你在他那
Look,a mother knows.
母亲会知道这些
And my sons did not do this. I mean,nobody witnessed this.
我儿子没有做这些。没有人能证明这个
Don't tell me you can't establish some doubt.
别告诉我说你不能构成一些怀疑
It has to be reasonable doubt.
这必须要达到合理怀疑
No,it just has to be doubt.
不,这只是必须要达到怀疑
It's your job to make it sound reasonable!
你们的工作就是要让它看起来合理!
That's why I hired you. You're supposed to be the best!
这就是我请你们的原因。你们应该是要成为最好的!
And you,you're Denny Crane,for God's sake.
你,看在上帝的份上,你是Denny Crane啊
How can you give up?
你怎么能放弃呢?
We're not giving up.
我们不是放弃
We will win this trial,Dorothy.
我们会赢的,Dorothy.
I guarantee it!
我保证!
Sorry.
抱歉
When we got to the house,he was lying at the foot of the front stairwell.
我们进入房♥子的时候,他躺在前面的楼梯脚那里
He was dead.
已经死去了
Objection! This man's not a doctor.
反对! 他又不是医生
Sit down,counsel.
律师,请坐下来
请继续
Denny...
There appeared to be a single bullet hole to the forehead.
很明显在他的前额有一个子弹孔
The defendants were the only other people there.
现场只有被告在那
Could you describe their demeanor?
你能描述下他们当时的表现吗?
Objection. Is he a psychiatrist now?
反对,他现在又成了精神病医师?
Overruled.
反对无效
Objection. Are you a judge?
反对。你是法官吗?
Mr Crane,take your seat now.
Crane先生,坐下来
Stop it.
打住了
Did they say anything?
他们说了些什么?
They said they came home and found their father dead.
他们说他们回到家就发现他们父亲死了
We proceeded to ask them some other questions,
我们问了他们一些其它问题
at which point the defendant,Michael Scanlon,asked for a lawyer.
那时候被告 Michael Scanlon向律师求助
Did they place the 911 call?
他们打911了吗?
No,neighbor,who said he heard a shot.
不是,是听到了枪声的邻居打的
You talked to the boys' mother when she arrived home?
这两个男孩的母亲回家是你和她交谈了?
Yes.
是的
She told you her husband was involved
她和你说她的丈夫
in numerous questionable,if not shady,business deals
牵扯到无数的问题,生意上的
and that he'd actually received death threats recently.
而他最近也受到了死亡威胁
We concluded she was covering for her sons.
我们认定她是为保护她的儿子
You never checked any of this out?
你并没有做仔细检查?
I didn't personally. I'm sure it was ruled out.
我没有亲自检查。因为我确定可以排除其他可能性
Because you people never get it wrong?
因为你们从来没有犯过错?
收回问话
反对
A witness reported a blue car speeding away shortly after the gunshots were heard.
有名证人报告说听到枪声后很快就看到一辆蓝色的小车迅速离开
Speeding down the street,not necessarily from the house.
迅速开到街上,并不必然意味着是从那间房♥子开出来的
But it could have been from the house? You can't rule that out?
但也有可能是从那间房♥子出来的? 你不能排除这个吧?
We never located the car or driver,so...
我们并没有对这辆小车或司机进行定位,所以...
You can't rule it out?
你不能排除这个吧?
I suppose not.
我认为不能
You can't sue a casino for a gambler losing money.
你不能因为赌徒输钱而起诉赌场
Well,we sort of did.
嗯,在一定程度上我们要起诉
What?
什么?
If,if they're sending somebody,they must be willing,on some level,to settle.
如果,如果他们促使某人做这种事,他们一定希望,在某种程度上,来解决问题
First of all,you're not a lawyer here. You're an assistant.
首先,你不是这里的律师,你只是个助理
And you,
而你
certainly you have enough experience to recognize a legitimate cause of action.
当然你有足够的经验来确定法律上起诉的理由
We'll try to settle it quickly.
我们会尝试尽快解决
If they offer you so much as an Indian-head nickel,you take it.
如果他们愿意赔偿高达5分钱,那你赶紧接受吧
Jerry,how could you possibly take this case?
Jerry,你怎么可能会接这个案子呢?
She was an extremely nice lady.
她是个非常好的女士
I didn't meet her.
我没有与她会面
Why do you get to cross-examine everyone?
为什么你对每个人都要质证?
Your turn is coming up soon,Denny.
很快就要到你上场了,Denny.
我明白
你知道我在这不只是个看客
but as much as everything is about you and your legacy,
出了关于你和你的遗产之外
we also have two boys whose lives are at stake.
我们还有两个命在旦夕的男孩
不,不是这样的...
所以最好由你全部代劳?
You know,last week,when Shirley was so upset about me killing the duck,
你知道,上周Shirley很不爽我杀死那只鸭子
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表