剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
The district attorney is holding to murder one,
地方检察官仍然坚持谋杀罪
so any chance of a plea is...
因此任何抗辩的机会都...
not that either of you seemed willing to entertain one.
你们俩看起来都不想要开玩笑
The more demoralizing news is,
更沮丧的消息是
we don't think that we can win this.
我们认为我们可能赢不了
What do you mean?
你什么意思?
Mr Crane,uh...
Crane先生,嗯...
Tell him what you mean. I already know.
告诉他你什么意思。我已经知道了
The prosecution has just presented us with another piece of evidence they intend to submit.
检察官刚给我们展示了他们将要提交的另外一份证据
3 days before your father's death,
你们父亲去世的3天前
Dr Jacob Levine,you were both seeing this psychiatrist?
Jacob Levine医生,你们俩都看这个精神科医生?
But our mother was making us go. What about him?
是我母亲让我们去的。他怎么了?
As a result of your last session,
你上次庭审的结果是
the doctor reported to the police that in his opinion,both you,Michael,and Edward
这名医生给警♥察♥做报告表达了他的观点,你们俩,Micheal,还有Edward
posed a grave threat to your father's life.
对你们父亲的生命表现出极大的威胁
In short,he feared that you would try to kill him.
简而言之,就是他害怕你们会把他给杀掉
We'll try to suppress this,but
我们试着阻止这些,但是
we need to seriously consider changing our plea.
我们需要认真考虑改变我们的抗辩请求
To what?
变成什么?
Not guilty by reason of temporary insanity.
由于暂时性精神错乱的原因而无罪
Your father abused you,so
你父亲虐待你们,所以
(注:Menendez兄弟事件,1996年,美国的Lyle和Erik Menendez兄弟用霰弹枪杀害了他们的父母,被指控为一级谋杀。)
我们可以采用Menendez兄弟抗辩的形式
They lost.
他们输了
But we didn't do it. We didn't kill him.
我们不能这么做。我们没有杀他
Sometimes it's not so much about the truth as what the prosecution can prove.
有时候检察官想要证明的与真♥相♥无关
And in this case,
在这个案子
it's Mr Crane's and my collective judgment that they will be able to prove you guilty.
这是Crane先生和我一起判断他们是能够证明你们有罪的
Look,I don't care what they say. I,I don't care what you say.
我不管他们说什么,也不管你们说什么
We did not kill our father.
我们没有杀我们的父亲
And I'm not gonna stand up in court and say that we did.
我们想站在法庭上说我们杀了
It didn't happen.
这是没有的事
If we should lose,and it's our belief we will,
如果我们这样输了,我们的信念也输了
you both will spend the rest of your natural lives in prison with no possibility of parole.
你们俩也将会在监狱度过余生,毫无假释的机会
We go to trial.
我们上法庭吧
Edward,is this what you want,as well?
Edward,这也是你想要的,是吗?
Yes.
是的
Alan...
那我们上法庭
It occurs to me that if we should lose,
对我而言如果我们输了
I will no longer be undefeated.
我将不再是不败的了
Thank you,Denny.
谢谢,Denny.
I can always count on you to remind me of the bigger picture.
我经常靠你来提醒我这种大场面
我的遗产
这无关他们的生命作为...
We're now being told the trial will not start this morning.
我们现在得知庭审不会在今天早上开始
Instead,the defense has brought a last-minute motion to suppress evidence,
相反,抗辩方在最后时刻提出动议来阻止证据
allegedly a doctor's report concerning.
据称是一名医生的相关报告
Please excuse us. I have no comment.
不好意思,无可奉告
I have a comment.
我说一句
Check out my web site,dennycranelaw. com.
登陆我的网站,dennycranelaw.com
I also have a blog on MySpace. Tell your daughters!
我在MySpace也建有博客,和你们的女儿说一下!
It's doctor-patient privilege,anything these boys said to a therapist.
这两个男孩和那个精神科医生说的一切都是医患之间享有的特权
If a doctor fears imminent bodily harm,he can break privilege.
如果医生害怕受到身体伤害的威胁,他可以打破这个特权
Yes,to prevent that bodily harm,
是的,避免身体伤害
but the exception was never meant to allow
但是这种例外从来都不意味着
privileged communications to be introduced in a court of law as evidence against the patient.
允许特权对话被引入到法庭中并作为对病人不利的证据
Mr Shore,everything in this report,
Shore先生,这份报告的一切内容
I mean,the boys fantasizing about killing their father,
我意思是这两个男孩幻想杀死他们父亲的内容
they've got a slew of other witnesses to offer the same thing.
他们也有很多其他的证据来表明相同的情况
What is so prejudicial about this?
那么这份报告还有什么偏见性问题呢?
Because people tend to automatically believe what doctors say.
因为人们倾向于自然地相信医生说的一切
How else do you explain 50 million Americans taking needless medications?
要不你怎么解释5000万美国人都在服用毫无必要的药物?
No,I'm going to allow the testimony.
不,我还是允许这份证据可以作证
Ask that your honor recuse herself.
请求法官把自己撤换掉
糟糕的法官
不好意思?
I will see you and Mr Crane in my chambers,please.
请你和Crane先生到我办公室来单独会面
Okay,first,I will not let you turn this proceeding into a joke.
好,首先,我不会允许你把这个诉讼变成一个笑话
But,your honor,Denny and I are a comedy team.
但是法官,Denny和我是一个喜剧团队
Second,I think that I had better appoint another lawyer to co-counsel.
其次,我想我最好任命另外一个律师作为协理律师
This is a murder trial. I think the boys should have separate attorneys.
这是个谋杀案,我觉得这两个男孩应当有各自不同的辩护人
We've covered this. I have Michael.
我们已经解决了,我是Michael的辩护人
不行,你们是同一个事务所
Denny是Edward的
That's not co-counseling. You're not at arm's length.
这并不是协理辩护。你们并非毫无关联的
Our defense is in concert.
我们会相互协调进行辩护
I want him off.
我要把他换掉
因为这是起谋杀案
为什么?
And I have a duty to ensure competent counsel for both defendants.
我有责任使得两名被告都得到充分的辩护
Do you know who I am?
你知道我是谁吗?
Yes,I do. You used to be Denny Crane.
是的,我知道,你过去是Denny Crane
I will completely vouch for my co-counsel's trial skills.
我担♥保♥会尽我所能使用协理辩护的技巧
Well,you would have to,wouldn't you?
嗯,你不得不这样,不是吗?
Otherwise,your next sleepover might get awkward.
否则,和你一起过夜的人就会很难堪
I can do this case.
我能接这个案子
I am not gonna have you throwing up inadequate counsel appeals...
我可不想让你这种水平的辩护丢人现眼...
That's not gonna happen!
这绝对不会发生!
Could I have a second alone,Denny?
Denny,我可以单独谈会儿吗?
和法官
和我?
That was uncalled for.
这毫无必要
Well,this isn't fun and games.
嗯,这不是开玩笑也不是游戏
Both defendants will be fairly and adequately represented.
两名被告都会得到公平与充分的代理
They'd better be.
最好这样
For the record,I was sexually attracted to you.
过去,我在生理上被你所吸引
Now,not so much.
现在,不会了
There's a smile!
她笑了!
She is absolutely precious.
她绝对是个宝贝
And cute. Are you sure she's yours?
还很可爱。你确定她是你亲生的吗?
她很好
Denise怎么样?
Wow,it's amazing,I mean,when you think about it.
噢,这太棒了。我意思当你想起这件事
We've got laws legislating everything in this country,
我们国家所有的一切都有法律管着
and yet,they'll let you parent.
现在法律还让你成了父亲
Keep trying,Claire.
接着说啊,Claire.
Ready?
准备好了吗?
Denny,there's no time for this.
Denny,我们没时间了
Is that what the outside world thinks of me?
这个世界已经这么看待我了吗?
That was one very misguided judge's impression,
这是一个误入歧途的法官的印象
and if you want to set her straight,
如果你想改变她的看法
more importantly,if you want to save those boys,
更重要的是,如果你想帮这两个男孩
and certainly much more important than that,
当然更更重要的是
if you want to safeguard your legacy,you need to go try the case of your life,
如果你想维护的尊严,你必须要接这个你一生中难得案子
which will never happen with you feeling sorry for yourself!
否则以后你就只能自我遗憾了
What's your name?
你叫什么名字?
你是谁?
Denny Crane.
我们走
Denny Crane.
Damn right!
太他妈对了!
Denny...
Denny...
Gas.
放个屁.
They were pinching me.
太憋了
I really,really,really appreciate you taking this time.
我非常非常感谢您抽出时间
No big deal. I really,really,really do this for a living.
小事一桩。我真的真的就靠这个活的
How can I help ya?
我能帮你什么呢?
Well,um,recently I,I went to Las Vegas...
好,嗯,我最进去了拉斯维加斯...
Vegas! Love it! Sin city,my second home.
拉斯维加斯!我喜欢! 罪恶之城,我的第二个家
Yes. Well,I...
是的,嗯,我...
I lost a lot of money there,$80,000 to be exact.
在那我输掉了很多钱,确切说是8万美元
I have a gambling problem.
我有赌博瘾
I'd say so. The problem is you stink at it.
我说,你很讨厌赌瘾
I'd really appreciate it if you wouldn't be flip about this.
如果你对此不那么轻率我将非常感激
I want to sue the casino.
我要起诉赌场
No,now gambling is a disease,and the casinos cultivate it.
现在赌博是一种病,赌场滋长了它
They gave me a line of credit.
他们给我一个信用界限
I don't even have $80,000 for God's sakes.
看在上帝的份上,我并没有8万美元啊!
Hey,you win some,you lose some.
嘿,时赢时输的嘛
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表