剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
and then to several of your properties.
然后又到了你许多的住处
I wanted to be prepared should things not work out.
我想在事情不能很好解决时才会动用这些
I'm prepared,Mr Picker.
Picker先生,我现在要动用了
What are you talking about?
你到底在说什么?
I'm talking about the fire protection system code 780,CMR 901.6.
我说的是防火系统法令780,CMR901.6
Evidently,you neglected to have signage on equipment
很显然,你没有在你的设备上粘贴标志
and sprinkler control valves of the prescribed size and in contrasting colors.
你的洒水控制阀没有达到规定的规格,也没有采用显著的颜色
Addressing that,a hassle,I know.
你想要辩解,我知道
You have a fence erected without a permit
你在未经允许情况下建立起了围墙
that exceeds the height allowed for erection without a permit by an inch and a half.
这超过了允许高度的1.5英寸
That will be fines,fees and a hassle.
这也很好,交钱还有辩解
Noncompliance with low-flush toilet mandates. Ouch.
违反了低水量冲洗马桶法令,天哪
And let's not overlook the pruning of a protected tree
我们还注意到你在没有得到树木监管者同意之下
without the permission of the tree warden.
修剪了一棵受保护的树木
Oh,here's a biggie.
噢,这还有更大条的
The penalty for use of undocumented workers.
使用非法劳工没有受到处罚
Are we a little sloppy about our employment records?
我们的雇工记录是不是太马虎了?
This is blackmail!
这是绑♥架♥!
Maybe you should call the cops.
或许你可以和警♥察♥说去
I'm done purring,Picker. The claws are coming out.
我咕噜叫完了,Picker。我的爪子也已经伸出来了
You want to screw with me? Go ahead,make my bed.
想要干掉我?来吧
Day.
今天
不对,是Denise!
Dennis,你愿意...
When's the last time you saw a Dennis giving birth?
你什么时候见过Dennis会生小孩的?
Stop rushing me,you rusher!
不要催我,你这个冒失鬼!
The head is crowning.
头部露出来了!
Denise你愿意Brad做你的丈夫吗?
赶快!
干得好! 他出来了!
赶快!
Hey,you're not gonna make it!
嘿,你不能这样!
我愿意
Brad你愿意Denise做你的...
赶快说!
根据上帝给予我的...
I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride.
我现在宣布你们成为夫妻,你可以亲吻新娘了
Okay,we're married.
好的,我们结婚了
噢,天啊!
头出来了!
What the hell is happening down there?
这到底怎么回事?
Here he is,here he is!
就要出来了
He's here.
出来了
Oh,he is a beautiful baby.
噢,漂亮的男孩
Girl.
女孩
It's all pinched up and messy.
怎么缩成一团,又很脏
We have a girl. We have a baby girl.
我们有个女儿了,我们有个女儿了
It isn't cute at all.
一点都不可爱
很完美
她健康吗?
I thought they always came out cute.
我觉得出生的婴儿都很可爱的
Oh,God. It's a girl.
噢,天啊,是个女儿
好的.
你想要来剪掉脐带吗?
You don't circumcise girls!
你不能去割女孩啊!
嗯?
司仪
Let's,let's get you back to your room.
我带你回你房♥间吧
Did it look cute to you? I don't...
我看起来可爱吗?我不...
Did you ever pursue the idea of entering the United States legally?
你有过采用合法方式进入美国的念头吗?
Yes.
是的
But it would have taken a long time,and the chances are very...
但是这会花费很长时间,机会也非常...
So you wanted to skip the line and take the fast track.
所以你想要走捷径
And when you were caught breaking the law,
当你被发现违反法律时
the defendant helped you?
被告是否帮助了你?
Yes.
是的
Who's idea was it to seek sanctuary in the church?
在教堂寻求避难是谁的主意?
Father McClinton's.
McClinton神父的
He said the church could provide protection while we find another way for me to stay.
他说在找到另外的地方给我之前教堂都会给我提供保护
Ms Lopez,why did you come to the United States?
Lopez女士,你为什么要来到美国?
There is no work in Mexico.
我在墨西哥找不到工作
My brothers have to travel far to find jobs,construction,farming.
我的兄弟都要去到很远的地方找工作,做建筑、种地
It is very hard on them,and they earn nothing.
这对他们来说太难了,也挣不到钱
$13 each day,it's not enough for my family to eat.
每天13美元,不够我们一家吃的
So you broke the law and snuck into our country?
于是你违反法律然后进入我们国家?
Yes.
是的
And now that you've been discovered,you're being deported?
现在你被发现了,你将要被遣返回去?
No,I'm not going back.
不,我不要回去
Is it true you made a deal with the prosecutor
检察官是否和你达成交易
that you got a green card in exchange for your testimony?
给你绿卡作为交换,你出庭来指证
Objection. Relevance.
反对,与案件无关
It's perfectly relevant.
这太有关系了
Your entire case against Father McClinton is based on the contention
起诉McClinton神父的整个案件都是基于这一内容
that illegal aliens such as Ms Lopez are a parasite on our society.
像Lopez女士这样的非法移♥民♥是我们社会的寄生虫
Yet when it suits the government's purposes...
然而为了满足政♥府♥的目的...
We reserve the right to grant deals to any witness we deem fit.
我们保留给我们认为合适的证人提供交易的权利
This is just how our immigration laws are applied in general.
我们执行移♥民♥法,一般采用通常的方式
When it suits the government,they look the other way.
但是当为了满足政♥府♥时,会采用其他的方式
But when they want to make a point,they tear innocent families apart
为了达到目的,他们会拆散无辜的家庭
and put a priest's head on the chopping block.
会把一个牧师的头送上断头台
Mr Shore!
Shore先生!
Ms Lopez,why did you go to Father McClinton?
Lopez女士,你为什么会去McClinton那里?
He's a good man.
他是个好人
He helps everyone without thinking about himself,
他从不考虑自己而去帮助每个人
and I thought maybe he could help me.
我觉得他会帮我
And he did?
他帮了吗?
Yes.
是的
I'm so sorry,Father.
对不起,神父
I wouldn't do this if I didn't have to.
我不得不这么做
This is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.
这是我见过的最漂亮的女孩
Here you go,mom.
给你,妈妈
Hi.
嗨
Oh,look at her.
噢,看她
Look at her,she's...
看她...
Does she look just a little bit like Jeffrey Coho to you?
比起你来她看起来更像Jeffrey Coho
I'm kidding.
开个玩笑
我爱你
我爱你
Look what we made.
这是我们的
Hi. Hi,precious.
嗨,小宝贝
This woman had a child.
这个女人有一个儿子
They faced a life of certain poverty if she were deported,
如果他们被遣返的话将面临贫困的生活
perhaps they might have starved.
或许还会被饥饿所困
A priest has to act with mercy when everyone else refuses to.
如果人们不帮助他们作为牧师也要基于怜悯提供帮助
But surely,Father,you can appreciate if every church started harboring illegal immigrants...
当然,神父,但是你应当意识到如果每个教堂都开始收容非法移♥民♥的话...
Yes,yes,the big picture.
是的,壮观的画面
Well,I couldn't look at the big picture here.
嗯,但是在这里我没有看到壮观的画面
I was looking at one mother and her child facing an unspeakable hardship.
我只是看到一个母亲和他的儿子面临着无可言状的困难
So it's your belief that priests should get to break the law
那你的信念是如果要怜悯他们的话
so long as they're being compassionate?
牧师可以违反法律?
I didn't state it in such simple terms.
我不是基于那么简单的说法
But it is that simple. You harbored a fugitive
但这确实很简单。你收容了一名难民
because you felt badly for that fugitive.
因为你觉得她很困苦
When's the last time you starved,Mr Sciarra?
Sciarra先生,你上次被饥饿所困是什么时候?
There are many Americans that are starving.
有很多美国人都被饥饿所困
And I do a lot to help those people,as well. Does the government?
我为这些人♥民♥做了很多事情,政♥府♥呢?
If you don't mind,I'll ask the questions.
如果你不介意的话,我会问你些问题
Yes,it's easy to ask the questions. Have you got any answers?
回答这些问题很容易,你有答案吗?
Well,one answer might be "obey the law. "
嗯,一个答案就是“遵守法律”
We can't even decide what the law should be on this issue,and so I...
我们甚至不能确定在这个问题中适用什么法律,所以我...
It's clear on harboring fugitives. What you did was illegal.
很明显这是收容难民,你所做的是违反法律的
That puts you in the company of criminals,Father.
神父,这让你构成了犯罪
Along with Martin Luther King and other people of conscience.
如同马丁.路德.金以及其他有良知的人们一样
Oh,oh,you liken yourself to reverend King,do you?
噢,你把你自己比作尊敬的马丁.路德.金,不是吗?
Certainly not. He wasn't Catholic.
当然不是,他不是天主教♥徒♥
Jerry,I'm very impressed.
Jerry,你的表现很令人惊讶
You got a satisfactory result,avoiding court,
你取得了让人满意的结果,避免了官司
which,given the client's anxiety,was essential.
你当事人的焦虑症非常关键
Excellent,excellent work.
表现得很棒
Thank you,Shirl.
谢谢,Shirl
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表