剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
Like Rachel Beckitt said,
就像 Rachel Beckitt 说的,
we trust you with our babies.
我们可是信任着你,让你照顾我们的小孩.
Lawsuits are about allocating burden.
每当有法庭开案的时候,就代表每条法律有其被修正地方.
For example,we want our cars to be safer so we hit the manufacturers with a judgment
例如,为了我们行车安全我们控告那些制车厂商
that makes it more cost effective to install the air bag.
所以法令会让他们去安装更安全的安全气囊.
The problem here,as Miss Bixby correctly states
今天我们要讨论地问题就如同 Miss Bixby所说的
is we have more and more special needs for kids going into our public schools.
在公立学校中,需要特殊看护的学生远远比我们所想像中的还要多.
Combined with an unprecedented escalation in autoimmune diseases
尤其免疫系统有毛病的孩子越来越多
Autism,the peanut allergy alone has doubled in recent years.
自闭症,花生过敏症,越来越多.
So,who do we heap this responsibility on?
谁来承担这些责任?
Who else?
谁呢?
The teachers.
这些老师们.
The average annual starting salary for a teacher
一个老师的基本年收入是
is thirty two thousand dollars.
三万两千块美元.
For that we ask them to teach,police,provide emotional and social guidance
领着这微薄的薪水,他们得教书,不让他们打架,处理学生的情绪跟社交问题
in some schools they actually have to clean the toilets.
甚至在一些学校中,他们还得帮忙扫厕所.
Now lets throw in health care.
现在我们还得让他们当医生.
This teacher,
这个老师,
she worked 65 hour weeks.
一个礼拜工作65个小时.
In addition to her actual classroom duties,she
这么多的原因是因为她
teaches sex education to the older kids,
得教那些大一点的孩子一些性教育,
she teaches a standardized test the school mandates in order to qualify for funding,under the "no child left behind" act,
还得花时间去读学童法因为学校会考试
she spends another 10 hours a month meeting with parents,
每个月还要花上十个小时的时间开家长会,
she supervises extra curricular activities,goes on over night class trips,
他甚至还教导夜班的课程,
cleans and disinfects toys,coaches,
清洗学童的玩具,当他们的教练,
she teaches fire drills,safety procedures,healthy eating habits,she is certified
她还得教他们如何用扁钻,教他们怎么吃东西,因为她早就被要求学过了
in CPR,first aid and food sanitation
心脏复苏术,急救,食物控制
She is so over extended
这已经不是一个人能够负荷地了
that when her own father had to under go a life threatening medical procedure...
而当她付出了这么多,在她父亲动手术的时候...
she couldn't be at the hospital.
她却没办法在医院陪她父亲度过.
So she called on her cell phone to see if she had lived...
所以她打了个电♥话♥想知道他父亲的安危...
which he hadn't.
但是他死了.
She then turned away from the students so as not to traumatize them with her grief.
她把头转过去,因为她不想让学生看到她的伤心.
Which as a teacher she was expected to internalize.
因为教师是不准在学生面前失态的.
She has no savings...
他没半点存款...
no house...
没自己的房♥子...
And today she is being sued because without her knowledge
今天她坐在这里被指控
One of her students snuck in a bite sized candy bar containing traces of peanut
因为她不知道她的学生吃了一条有花生的零食
into her classroom.
在她教室中.
Now she's being publicly blamed for the death of a child
现在她遭到公众的谴责,说她害死一个小孩
whose parents had the means to implement a multitude of safegaurds.
但没有人想到小孩的家长有着足够的钱去请随身看护.
They implemented none of them,except...
他们半个人都没请,把所有责任都推给...
a teacher.
一个老师.
Is it any wonder half our teachers are quitting the proffession outright within 5 years?
不难以想像为什么过去五年来,半数以上的老师都辞职了?
Nevermind who is going to handle the epipen...
我不管今天到底是谁该拿起那根肾上激素针...
who's going to teach?
我们该问,还有没有人愿意当老师?
Oh,thank you.
Oh,谢谢.
Clarence
Clarence
I believe the deal was,if I dish,you dish.
我记得我们的条件是互相的.
So? What happened with Sandy?
所以?你跟 Sandy之间到底怎么了?
She just...uh...
她...uh...
She just didn't...like me that way.
她从来...都对我没那方面的感觉.
Could I get you to look at me for a second?
请你认真看着我?
There will be women who do.
有一天你会碰到一个喜欢你的女人的.
Is that all?
好了?
Yeah,that's all.
Yeah,就这样.
I realise that homeland security has had a pretty rough go off late
我知道国安局的压力已经很庞大了
and I certainly don't want to pile on.
我不想再增加他们的压力.
But,I have to agree with Mr. Shore.
但我同意Mr. Shore的看法.
Given the capacity of technology today,this has to be a fixable problem.
就时下的科技而言,这是可以被解决的问题.
I don't think Mr. Crane should have to sit around waiting for you to fix it.
我不觉的Mr. Crane该傻坐在这边直到你们解决掉问题.
It is the order of this court that you take the petitioner off the no fly list
我裁定你们得把他禁飞名单移除
or in the alternative,put him on the list of those who can fly even though they are on the no fly list.
或者将他排到特殊名单之内.
We are adjourned.
解散.
High ties Bella!
抱着Bella!
Midnight Hawaii time,my head will be the center of a fire sandwich.
尽情的享受夏威夷,光想我的脑袋就热起来了.
Due process does have its dividends.
听者有份.
Maybe you should come with me
跟我一起去玩吧
Forget it! I'm not getting sloppy seconds after Bella!
不用了,我不想要你爬上Bella的床后又爬上我的床!
Denny.
Denny.
Bethany! What a...a coincidence.
Bethany! 真巧.
Actually not,I heard you were here.
事实上是我特地来找你的.
Listen,I've been doing a lot of thinking about what you said and
我已经仔细地想过你所说的一切
nevermind all the reasons not to date somebody.
想过无数拒绝你的原因.
What does your heart say?
但是我的脑袋一直在跟我自己说
Because mine says
跟我说
to give this a chance,
我们该再试试看,
Oh...
Oh...
Can I take you to dinner?
我想带你去吃晚餐?
Well actually I'm getting on a plane.
事实上我现在正要去搭飞机.
Where are you going?
你要去哪里?
Hawaii
夏威夷
I see...
这样阿...
with somebody?
有跟谁一起吗?
Well...
恩...
actually...
事实上...
yes.
是的.
Is it my mother?
是我妈吗?
Technically...
技术上来说...
yes.
是的.
I see.
原来如此.
Have a lovely time.
好好享受吧.
Sorry to bother you.
抱歉打扰了.
Denny,I'm a fairly stern of telling the truth but sometimes
Denny,我知道我们得当个诚实的人
its more humane to lie.
但是有时候白色谎言是必要的
I felt like a deer in the headlights...I hope I didn't hurt her.
这样的情况下面对她我没办法说谎...我希望我没伤害到她.
At least my mother taught me how to tackle.
至少我妈有教我一些摔角技.
Good by Denny Crane!
再见Denny Crane!
And tell Bell,she better watch her back.
跟Bell说小心别被偷袭.
That is one tough broad.
果然是一家人.
Mr. Foreman,the jury has reached a verdict?
Mr. Foreman,陪审团无异议?
We have your honour.
一制通过,法官大人.
What say you?
如何?
In the matter of the estate of Nathaniel Beckitt versus Helen Choi
在Nathaniel Beckitt诉讼Helen Choi一案中
we the jury find in favour of...
我们裁定...
the defendent.
被告获胜.
Thank you for your service. This jury is dismissed.
谢谢你们的服务,本庭宣判解散.
I don't know what to say...thank you. Thank you both so so much.
我不知道该说什么...谢谢,十分感激你们.
Congratulations.
恭喜.
We can help you get reinstated if you like.
如果你愿意,我们可以想办法帮你复职.
Oh,uh...
喔,这...
Thank you but,actually my brother-in-law has a real estate business and...
谢谢,但我的姊夫是开房♥地♥产♥公♥司♥的...
well I decided to go for my brokers license.
我决定去当地♥产♥仲介.
Oh...
喔...
Okay.
Okay.
Yeah,its a really exciting opportunity and I'd be crazy not to take it.
我非常看好这个职业,除非我疯了才拒绝的了这份职务.
There's room for growth and...
我可以有更好的收入...
you know I think it might be something I'd enjoy so,I figure why not right?
而且更轻松的工作环境,不是吗?
Yeah.
是.
What time is your flight?
你的飞机几点起飞?
9.
9点.
You can still change your mind.
你要是想一起来还不算太迟唷.
I'm sure by now Mr. Winchell has added my name to the no fly list.
我确定 Mr. Winchell已经把我的名子列入禁飞名单了.
Alan...I'm grateful for everything you did but
Alan...我很感谢你为我所做的一切但是..
I wasn't crazy about you attacking the government.
我不喜欢你教训政♥府♥的方式.
Don't be silly,I'm sure you were a little crazy.
别傻了,我知道你或多或少也对他们的做法不满.
I happen to agree with a lot of what Randolph said in his closing,people in this country got to sacrifice more.
我同意Randolph在结案陈词上说的,这个国家的国民得去牺牲奉献.
Is that why your flying commercial and not taking your Gulf Stream?
所以你可以为此不搭飞机不去渡假?
Doesn't do any good to sit back and criticize.
不要只舒适的坐在那边然后挖苦.
Sometimes it does Denny.
有时候就是得这样Denny.
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表