剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
They bother me now.
现在光看着这些娃娃我就难过了.
But it's nothing new.
但是这不是什么新花样.
We're always gonna worry about our kids,
我们总是会担心我们的小孩,
thinking in today's world they've got no chance.
想着这社会过于竞争将来他们怎办.
But the reality is,Your Honor,rates of teenage drinking,
但是实是,法官大人,未成年人的酗酒率,
smoking and drug use are declining.
抽烟,使用毒品率正在下降.
未成年少女的怀孕比率已经降低了35%,
从1990年算起,
many teens are abstaining from sex.
越来越多青少年努力克制着欲望.
And most see Britney Spears and
顶多看看布兰妮跟琳赛萝涵来纾解压力.
Young woman now earn fifty-seven percent of all Bachelor's degrees,
57%的大学毕业生是女生,
fifty-nine percent of all Master's degrees.
59%的硕士是女生.
Congress now has ninety female members,
目前有九十名女性国会议员,
including the Speaker of the House.
包括白宫的发言人.
I don't think we're doomed,just yet.
我不觉得世界末日降临了,还没有.
And should doom ever come,
而且我真的不觉得会有那么一天,
I doubt very much it will be brought about by a doll.
尤其是因为一个娃娃的关系.
Shirley.
Shirley.
What's going on?
发生什么事了?
What are all the managing partners doing in there?
为什么管理董事会的人都在这里?
We're about to have a meeting.
我们要开会了.
Why wasn't I notified?
怎么没通知我?
Because you're not invited.
因为你没被邀请.
But I have a right to be in there.
但是我有权力参加阿.
And don't tell me this doesn't involve me.
别告诉我这跟我没关系.
I'm a named partner!
我的名子可是在墙上!
但你没被邀请入内.
跟你有天大的关系,Denny,
Alright. What?
嗯好~??什么?
Shirley. It's time.
Shirley.时间到了.
This will be a media storm we won't weather.
媒体一定会大肆炒作,我们没办法控制.
I'm meeting with the press this afternoon.
这个下午过后我会跟他们约谈.
Denny得马上被除名.否则?
这事情不能等.
All in favor of Denny being removed
希望把Denny踢出去的出个声顺便举手.
The 'Nays' have it.
还是有反对意见.
What theue4d1
到底?
Do you see what's going on out there?
你看到了,到底发生什么事了?
Has it started?
开始了吗?
No. But it's a circus.
不,但看起来像是在耍猴戏.
Brad,can I talk to you for a second?
Brad,我可以跟你谈一下吗?
Oh,oh.
喔喔.
Uhm. Do you think it's safe for me to go out there?
恩.你觉得我现在走出去安全吗?
除非你伪装的很好不然我会说.不!
Denny,
But they'll be talking about me.
但是他们都在谈到我的事情哩.
So,what do you wanna talk about?
所以呢?你想跟他们说什么?
Um.
恩.
I have occasioned myself to
我常常问我自己是否真的爱你.
Deeply enough to marry you.
有爱到想要嫁给你.
"如果没有这个小孩,我是否还会嫁给你?"
常常我问自己
Part of it may be because I
一部分也许我会因为当我看着你
through other people's eyes
透过你的眼睛
and see you as this giant goofhead.
我知道你会是个好丈夫好父亲.
But when I look at you through my eyes only,
但当我透过你的眼睛审视,
and my heart,I realizeue4d1I do love you!
我的内心.我发现我真的爱上你了!
Quite deeply.
深深地爱着你.
And I can't wait to be your wife.
我迫不及待能当你的妻子.
That's all I wanna say.
这就是我想讲的.
That is the best thing that anyone
我从来没友从任何人
has ever said to me in my entire life.
口中说出比这更让我感动的话了.
Including my Gunnery Sargent,
包括我的陆战官,
all my Little League coachesue4d1Just..
棒球小联盟教练..
My name is Shirley Schmidt,
我的名子是Shirley Schmidt,
Crane,Poole and Schmidt,的资深董事
我是
thank you all for coming.
感谢各位的前来.
丑闻发生过后你们更是一窝蜂地拥进.
尤其是在有什么
Yesterday my partner,Denny Crane,
昨天我的拍档,Denny Crane,
made some regrettable statements,
说了些让他后悔言论,
the most offensive being when he told an
而其中最明显的就是他对一位非裔美国
African-American law student that he didn't sound black.
法律毕业生说他的口音听上去不像黑人.
I know Denny Crane.
我很了解Denny Crane.
He is not a bigot.
他不是一个有偏见的人.
When he used the word 'articulate',
当他使用"口齿清晰"这字眼时,
as I suspect Joe Biden used it,
我猜Joe Biden用过它,
as I suspect our President used it,
我记得没错的话连总统都用过它,
what he was attempting to convey
这就是他想表达出来的意思
was that he thought Mr. Givens would play well
他觉得Mr. Givens在面对白人
with white corporate America.
客户时会表现很出色.
明显又丑陋的事实.我们都希望这样.
这是一个
是刻意的.但是我们的的确确如此.
或许是下意识的或许
We have a primarily white client base.
我们的客户群基本上都是白人.
We hire associates we feel will best appeal to that base.
我们招揽的人才也要能突出我们公♥司♥的形象.
Before you point your finger at us
在你对我们下评语之前
I would invite the media to look at its own industry.
我希望你们媒体先审视你们自己.
Consider the criteria by which you choose your anchors.
想想你们是怎样去选一个主播.
Denny Crane's statement speaks not to his own racism
Denny Crane的言论不代表他有种族歧视
but to a much more insidious one that exists in a
在我们内心深处
white collar society that prefers
白人的世界里
to take its blacks as it takes its coffee,
即使是要喝一杯黑呼呼的咖啡,
with a little cream and sugar.
总是还要加点白色的奶精跟糖在里头.
I'm not proud of it.
我们并不引此为傲.
But until we confront that truth,
但直到我们社会的价值观改变前,
we will not change it.
我们公♥司♥不会有其它的改变.
Thank you all for coming.
感谢你们的前来.
I hate the dolls.
我很讨厌这些娃娃.
But do they offend the sensibilities of our society?
但是他们真的讨人厌到我们社会无法容忍♥?
One that broadcasts reality shows about trading wives.
一个真实的电视节目介绍了换♥妻♥俱♥乐♥部♥.
One where the average child hears
几乎所有的孩童在
about erectile dysfunction before
听过哥伦布之前
he's heard of Christopher Columbus.
都看过了关于阳痿的广♥告♥.
Your Honor.
法官大人.
This ruling is not going at all well,so far.
目前为止,我不觉得你的结词很好.
One can only assume this
这只能说
preamble is a misdirect to add
你刚刚说的那些都只是风马牛不相干的
suspense to your ultimate decision
我知道你想干嘛!想都别想
which I know will be more just.
我只是想....
You lose,Counsel.
你输了.律师先生.
But I do hope you won't let your
公是公办,我不希望你因为
professional discomfiture with me
被我裁判败诉
affect your personal feelings.
而心情不好.
I'll try not to.
我会努力不这样想的.
Motion to dismiss,granted.
诉讼驳回,解散.
I'm sorry,Kaye.
抱歉,Kaye.
You knew this was most likely a loser,but...
我知道这看上去很像输的很难看,但是...
You tried.
你已经尽力了.
And I thank you for that.
我很谢谢你.
If it's any consolation,
如果还有其他方面的问题,
children are still the most
通常父母才是孩子最重要的导师,
你的女儿已经有一个很好的导师了.
而且感觉上,
Thank you..
谢谢..
Jerry.
Jerry.
I must tell you,
我得告诉你,
that man with the wooden cigarette in his mouth
那个嘴上叼着木头雪茄的男人
was brilliant.
很有天分.
He might alienate a few juries along the way.
但他却不会获得陪审团的青睐.
The man who gave the closing,however,is perhaps
但是那个做结案陈词的男人,可能
one of the finest lawyers I've ever been up against.
是我面对过的最好的律师之一了.
Thank you.
谢谢你.
And for what it's worth,
而且,随你怎么想,,
the man who gave the closing,
那个做结案陈词的人,
I miss him,terribly.
我非常非常的想念他.
If you could see your way pastue4d1
别让之前发生的事情困扰你好吗?
Okay.
Okay.
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表