剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表
A business meeting for which I'm asking you to keep an open mind.
不过是邀请你虚心参加的商业会议
I already bought the Brooklyn Bridge,
你想卖♥♥我布鲁克林大桥
if that's what you're selling.
那我已经买♥♥了
Noon tomorrow. We'll pick a spot out by you.
明天中午 我们会在你那边选个地方见面
Ow, god damn it.
真该死
The train. How you think?
我坐火车来 你觉得怎么样
Go see who that is.
去看看是谁
What?
什么
I'm on the overnight train.
我今晚就坐火车过来
What the fuck's going on over there?
你在那边干什么呢
Nothing. I'm late for a party.
没什么 我参加派对要迟到了
I'll talk to you tomorrow.
明天面谈
Yes?
什么事
Someone wishes to see you.
有人想见您
Leave it on. It suits you--
别摘下来 它很适合你
A dapper villain in a Sunday serial.
准备参加周日庆典的衣冠禽兽
And you?
那你呢
What's your get-up tonight--
你今晚准备打扮成什么
The devoted, pleading wife,
忠贞善辩的家庭主妇
the temperance firebrand,
戒酒运动的领头人
the crusading suffragette?
还是妇女参政的改革者
You left out "kept woman."
你忘说我还是个"情妇"了
But there wasn't any keeping you, was there?
但是我已经养不下你了 不是吗
When you met me I was pregnant.
你第一次见到我时我怀有身孕
And then I lost the baby.
后来我流产了
You lost a child--
你也失去过一个孩子
A son,
一个儿子
He was six days old--
他才六天大
And your wife a month later.
之后一个月你的妻子也死了
It's a bit late for this game, wouldn't you say?
现在来玩这花样太晚了 你说不是吗
What game? I tell you my sorrows.
玩什么花样 我向你倾诉悲伤
You pretend to be sympathetic.
你假装同情
And we wind up in bed.
最后我们又可以回到床上
I can assure you that won't happen.
我可以保证你不会如愿以偿的
Why are you here?
你来这是干什么的
To find out who Enoch Thompson is.
我是来弄明白伊诺克·汤普森到底是谁
Seven years ago, almost eight,
七年多前 差不多快八年了
I'd just become treasurer.
我刚刚成为司库
I was new to the job, very busy.
是个菜鸟 非常非常忙碌
My wife had just given birth.
我妻子刚生完孩子
We named him Enoch after me.
我们用我的名字 伊诺克 给他取名
She wanted that.
她想要那个名字
He was tiny, frail.
他非常小 虚弱
I was terrified to hold him.
我都害怕抱他
A week passed.
一个星期之后
I had my hands full
我手头上尽是
with some county business or another, an audit.
县里的事务和账目审计要处理
I was busy, very busy.
我很忙 非常忙
I came home one night.
有天晚上我回到家里
It was late.
当时很晚了
She was in the nursery,
她在婴儿房♥里
rocking him in her arms.
把他抱在怀里摇
I crossed to them.
我走上前去
She looked so calm,
她看上去十分平静
so contented.
心满意足
It gave me the courage to finally want to hold him.
我终于有勇气想去抱抱他
I pulled back the blanket.
我把摇篮拉到眼前
And I looked at his face.
看着他的脸
And I could tell right away
我可以断定
he'd been dead for days.
他已经死了好几天了
She'd been caring for him nearly a week--
而一周以来她就这样若无其事地照料着他
Bathing him,
给他洗澡
changing his diapers, his bedclothes.
给他换尿布 换铺盖
I took him from her
我把他从她手里拿过来
and cradled him in my arms.
把他抱在怀里
That was the only time I ever held him.
那是我第一次也是最后一次抱他
We buried him in the churchyard,
我们把他埋在了教堂墓地里
but she couldn't accept it.
但是她无法接受事实
She'd completely broken with reality--
她变得与世隔绝
Melancholia.
抑郁症
I saw it.
我见过
I knew it.
我明白
But the doctor said time would heal her.
但是医生说时间会抚平她的伤口
And I was very very busy.
而我还是非常非常忙
A few weeks later
过了几个星期
she slashed her wrists with my razor.
她用我的剃刀割了腕
The times with you and the children
我和你还有孩子们在房♥子里
in the house,
度过的那段时光
eating breakfast--
一起吃早餐
just that--
就连那样的时候
I've never been happier
我从没有感到那么幸福过
or more terrified in my life.
或者是说害怕过
And now you know more about me
而现在你是这世界上
than any other person on earth.
唯一懂我的人
And you thought I needed saving.
你以为我需要你的帮助
Didn't you?
难道不是吗
Not the way you chose.
不是你选的那样
You'll leave Atlantic City?
你要离开大西洋城吗
Is that your demand?
你是在命令我吗
It's just a question.
我只是问问
I think it might be for the best.
我觉得也许离开最好
Let me No.
那我给你点 不要
Thank you.
谢谢你
There's a kindness in you.
你的心中存善
I know it.
我知道的
How can you do what you do?
为什么还要做这些事情呢
We all have to decide for ourselves
生活中我们都得选择
how much sin we can live with.
犯下一些罪孽
Mr. Thompson.
汤普森先生
Mrs. Schroeder.
施罗德太太
I'm pleased to have finally made your acquaintance.
很高兴到了最后能真正了解你
Would you care for a biscuit?
要来点儿饼干吗
The molasses hurts my filling.
糖蜜让我不消化
I was offered a permanent assignment
我将被永久指派工作在
in Atlantic City.
大西洋城
I discovered a large still
我在赛布索死去的地方附近
near where Sebso expired.
找到了一个蒸馏厂
We had originally gone to the area looking for it.
我们原本是去寻找它的
Your supervisor must have been pleased.
你的检查员肯定非常满意
He was.
是的
I was offered a raise in pay
他们要给我加薪
as well as two additional agents under my command.
还增派了两名手下给我
That's wonderful.
太棒了
I turned him down.
我拒绝了
My uncle Byron--
我的叔叔拜伦
I never told you this, but a year ago
我从没跟你提过 但是在一年前的
last Easter he made me a proposition--
复活节 他给我提供了一份工作
Full partner in his feed business.
做他养殖场的合伙人
In Schenectady.
在斯克内克塔迪
You enjoyed our visit there--
你很喜欢那里
The winter with the snowshoes.
冬天可以穿雪地鞋行走
Of course I'd have to buy in,
当然我要投钱进去
but it's a going concern.
但是要把眼光放长远
You're being awfully quiet.
你太安静了吧
I like being the wife of a federal agent.
我还是喜欢做联邦探员的妻子
Is that what's important-- your vanity,
那就是你在乎的吗 你的虚荣心
what your friends think down at the greengrocer's?
你怕你的朋友们看不起菜贩子
Of course not.
当然不是
I'm unhappy, Rose,
其实我很不开心 罗斯
unfulfilled,
在过去的几个月中
剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表