剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表
and decided to speak to you from the heart.
并且决定对你们敞开心扉说话
I know. I know.
我知道 我知道
I first met Mr. Bader socially
我第一次正式认识贝德先生的时候
in his capacity as head of the city's largest construction firm.
他是城里最大的建筑公♥司♥的领导
Mr. Bader is quite literally a builder,
贝德先生绝对是一个建筑家
a man of great vision.
一个目光远大的人
Where other men see an empty lot,
别人眼里的平地
he sees a hospital.
在他眼里可以是一家医院
Where other men see an overgrown field,
别人眼里的荒地
he sees a school for our children.
在他眼里可以是一所学校
And most importantly perhaps,
而最重要的也许是
where other men see shopgirls and chambermaids,
别人眼里的女店员和女佣
Edward Bader sees voters.
在爱德华·贝德眼里是选民
Ladies, our newly gained right
女士们 我们新获得的权利
also comes with great responsibility,
同样伴随着新的重要责任
a duty to use our power wisely,
一种明智运用我们权利的责任
to elect men to office-- worthy men
选出有价值的官员
who will put the interest of our citizens first.
选出能把公众利益放在首位的官员
With us as a foundation, women voters,
有我们女性选民作为群众基础
our new mayor can do great things for Atlantic City.
我们的新任市长会在大西洋城带大有作为
And who better to start with that foundation
又有谁能比一个建筑家更能
than a builder himself?
运用我们这样的群众基础呢
Ladies, I give you
女士们 我向你们介绍
our next Mayor, Mr. Edward Bader.
我们的下任市长 爱德华·贝德先生
That was wonderful.
太精彩了
Thank you, Mrs. Schroeder,
谢谢你 施罗德夫人
for that rousing introduction.
真是振奋人心的演说介绍
Ladies, I could not be more pleased than I am right now
女士们 此刻能加入到你们之中
to join you here today
我感到无比高兴
and welcome you
我对你们这些在我国
as meaningful partners in our great democracy.
民♥主♥进程中有着深远影响的伙伴表示热烈欢迎
When I was approached to be part of this Republican ticket,
当我进入这次共和党选举名单时
I was not only humbled
我不仅感到责任重大
but excited to continue my work
而且倍受鼓舞能偶继续
for the men, the women and the children of Atlantic City.
为了大西洋城的男人们 女人们和孩子们做出贡献
...enjoy yourself there.
到那儿玩得开心点
We'll have some drinks.
我们喝几杯
Mr. Torrio.
托里奥先生
Where are you goin'?
你去哪里
Wherever you tell me.
听您吩咐
I'm here to apologize.
我特意来向你道歉
The joke, the cigarette load--
那个关于香烟爆竹的玩笑
that was stupid.
过火了
You can't do that shit no more.
别再做这种蠢事了
I know.
知道了
You know,
孩子
I brung you out here from Brooklyn for a reason, kid.
我把你从布鲁克林带到这是有原因的
I thought I saw something in you.
我看中了你身上的某些品质
A fella like Guzik--
你看库兹克
Three years ago he's running a cathouse.
三年前他还在经营妓院
Now look at him today.
再看现在的他
You could learn something from these Jews.
多和这些犹太人学一学有好处
The brewery there--
我听说
I hear they're looking for help.
他们的酒厂需要人帮忙
His distribution's out of whack.
他的分销渠道太差
The fella in there now has got it all screwed up.
那些手下已经完全搞砸了
Maybe I can fix it.
也许我能搞定
No more monkey business, Al.
别胡闹了 阿尔
Finito.
到此为止吧
I hear you, Mr. Torrio.
我听您的 托里奥先生
All I'm asking for is a chance.
只求您再给我一个机会
I'm ready to be responsible for my actions.
我会为我的所作所为负责
22 year I know Nucky Thompson,
一九二二年我认识努基·汤普森
back when the Commodore had this town.
那时候这里还是准将的天下
I ran the dice game here in Chicken Bone Beach.
我在鸡骨滩经营赌场
Nucky made the Commodore collection.
努基以准将的名义收账
Then one day I seen the Commodore himself--
有一天 在支持布克先生竞选的游♥行♥中
a parade here for Mr. Booker to Washington,
我遇到了准将本人
You know.
接下来你们都猜到了
"Chalky," He say, "I got bad news.
他说"朝琪 我有个坏消息要告诉你
Now on you got to pay me 7% of what you been making."
从现在起 你要付给我盈利的百分之七"
"7%?" I say.
我说"只有百分之七吗
"I been paying Nucky 12 long for three years now."
这三年来我一直付给努基百分之十二"
Real prick that guy Thompson, huh?
汤普森那家伙简直蠢到家了
That's putting it kindly, son.
这样说算好听的了 小子
He was skimming off the top. Yes.
他还想瞒天过海 是的
Thank you. I get it.
谢谢你 我了解了
Well, I hope his reputation precedes him,
但愿他只是徒有虚名而已
but Mr. Rothstein doesn't do business like that.
罗斯坦先生可不是这样做生意的
Chiseling your partners-- it's short-sighted.
欺骗生意伙伴是非常不明智的行为
We're looking to the future. These stills,
我们要放眼未来 这些蒸馏器
this piss water you're bottling--
还有正在灌装的下等货
Don't get me wrong, it's fine for some people,
别误会 对某些人来说够了
but we're looking for the real stuff.
而我们要的是上等货
Can you part with 500 cases a month?
一个月你能卖♥♥出五百箱吗
You know I can,
你知道我的实力
Mr. Lewis.
路易斯先生
No offense.
无意冒犯您
That was before Mr. Doyle here told us how unhappy you were.
那是多伊尔先生说您不满意之前的事
Yeah, now that we know,
现在我们都知道了
you'll be our contact down in Atlantic City.
您将是我们在大西洋城的联络人
Play your cards right--
这步棋要是走对了
you can buy a Packard for every day in the week.
那些钱够你每天买♥♥一辆帕卡德开了
Tomorrow late we'll send trucks.
明天晚些时候我们会派卡车来
The money, too.
钱也会送到你手上
What about Nucky?
努基怎么办
Fuck him.
去他妈的吧
By which he means
这就意味着
you're under the wing of Arnold Rothstein now.
现在是阿诺德·罗斯坦罩着你了
New York life don't offer protection that good.
纽约还没有提供过这么好的待遇
One more thing:
还有一件事
How do you know I drive a Packard?
你怎么知道我开的是帕卡德
Oh, the lights! It's something.
看那灯光 真漂亮
It is. I'm so glad we came.
没错 真高兴我们来了
Me, too.
我也这样想的
I stopped by the hospital. They said you'd already left.
我去过医院 他们说你已经走了
He's sleeping. They gave him morphine.
注射了吗♥啡♥他就睡了
Five broken ribs, his nose, a fractured jaw.
断了五根肋骨 还有鼻梁骨和颌骨
I'm so sorry, Mary. It's not your fault. It's mine.
对不起 玛丽 是我的错 不怪你
Yours? I should have left him months ago.
怎么是你的错 几个月前我就该离开他
I don't love him.
我不爱他
This never would have happened.
那样就不会发生这样的事了
It's not that easy.
说起来简单做起来难
I just can't bear it anymore.
我再也忍♥受不下去了
Has he hurt you?
他打你了
No, not yet.
目前没有
But he's not the same person I knew.
但他已经变了个人
Come away with me--
跟我走吧
you and Tommy.
你和汤米
Where? To Paris.
去哪儿 巴黎
What about Robert? He'll be fine.
罗伯特怎么办 他会没事的
He'll recover from his injuries
等他养好伤
and move on with his life.
他会好好生活下去
Jimmy will never let me go.
吉米不会放我走的
He'll never know where to find us.
他找不到我们
Imagine Tommy growing up along the Seine,
你想象一下 汤米在塞纳河畔长大
speaking French.
说着法语的生活有多美好
He'd be nothing like his father
他千万不要像他父亲
or any of them.
或者那些流氓一样
Isadora Duncan has a school on Rue Danton.
伊萨多拉·邓肯在丹敦路有所学校
剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表