剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表
I'm not sure what that is. it's a perfume company.
不明白你的意思 有家香水公♥司♥
The ladies who go door to door?
女士们挨家挨户上门推销那种吗
Some of their fragrances are really quite lovely.
他们有几种香水非常不错
The violet, lily of the valley.
紫罗兰味的 百合花牌香水
I don't think it's for me.
我觉得不适合我
That's right,
也对
You bohemian types go au naturel.
你们波西米亚人崇尚自然本色
I've worn perfume.
我也用香水的
I was talking about the job.
我是说工作不适合
There's an art dealer in New York--
纽约有个艺术商人
Greenwich village--
格林威治村的
And he's agreed to look at my work
他答应看看我的作品
With an eye toward selling it.
看能不能卖♥♥出去
Oh really? there are no guarantees, of course.
是吗 当然 并不保证能成
But mary Your friend.
可玛丽 你那个朋友
Yes.
对
She thinks I have a good chance.
她觉得我机会很大
You could take a stenography course as well, you know.
知道吗 其实你也可以报个速记班的
Sir? Yes?
长官 怎么
We got another one.
又收到一封
I haven't confirmed it yet,
我还没确认
But word on the street is the D.A.
但街头有传言说
Is sniffing around some of the White Sox.
地方检察官盯上了几个白袜队队员
Then he'd be wise to put a clothespin on his nose.
那他最好放聪明点 睁一只眼闭一只眼
Any idea which players?
知道是哪几个队员吗
Cicotte and Jackson, near as I can tell.
我只知道有希克特和杰克逊
Get the farm boys to spill their milk, is that the idea?
让那些乡下男孩回去挤牛奶 是这个打算吗
It doesn't matter what they say if Attell won't talk.
只要阿特尔不开口 别人怎么说都行
Will he?
他会开口吗
He's already been flapping his gums.
他已经吓的打哆嗦了
And if the D.A. Pulls him in?
如果地检官找上他呢
He may be able to take a punch,
直接给他两拳应该没事
but put him in a witness chair
可要是让他上证人席
and Abe Attell will fold like hot laundry.
他肯定抖得像筛糠一样的
Give it to me again.
再跟我说一遍
"Baseball is the heart of America.
"棒球是美国的国球
As a patriot, I would never do anything
作为一名爱国人士 我绝不会做任何事
to degrade our" Besmirch.
去贬低我们的" 损害
It's better.
这个词更合适
"--to 'besmirch' our national pastime.
"去'损害'我们的全民♥运♥动
Ladies and gentlemen, this entire ugly affair
女士们先生们 这桩丑闻
Began when Abe Attell and some other cheap gamblers
起源于亚伯·阿特尔和其他几个下流的赌徒
Approached me to fix the world series,
试图接近我以操控联赛
A sordid scheme which every newsboy on broadway knows
连百老汇的报童都知道这个卑鄙的计划
I turned down flat.
我断然回绝了他们
And not only was I not in on the deal,
我不仅没有参与此事
I furthermore did not bet one red cent on the series
而且当我发现了他们暗中的计划后
After I found out what was underway."
便没有在联赛上投♥注♥过一分钱"
Isn't it true, sir, that a man
先生 一个自称斯伯特·苏利文的人
named Sport Sullivan approached you as well?
是否也曾试图接近你
"I'm approached by people every day
"每天都有各式各样的人
With all manner of harebrained schemes.
带着各式各样愚蠢的想法 想要见我
Certainly suffering fools
对蠢人有耐心
Can't be illegal."
总不会也算违法吧"
You know it's not too late to go to law school, Arnold.
阿诺德 你现在去念法律学校都游刃有余了
I prefer to make my living honestly.
我宁愿让自己过得诚实些
Sir? Nucky Thompson.
先生您是 我是努基·汤普森
I'm looking for Harry Daugherty.
我来找哈利·达赫提
Right over there.
那位就是
Mr. Thompson.
汤普森先生
Harry Daugherty.
我是哈利·达赫提
Call me Nucky. Nucky it is.
叫我努基 努基
What can I get you? I wouldn't say no to a bourbon.
喝点什么 波旁就再好不过了
Two double bourbons on the double.
两杯波旁酒 快点
Say that 10 times fast.
再说快点试试
Senator Edge sends his regrets.
艾治参议员向您问好
Well, he'll certainly be missed,
当然 我也很想念他
But those in the know say you're the man to see.
但知情人都说您才更值得一见
I suppose that depends on what you want.
那得取决于您想要什么了
"As Nucky Thompson goes,
"赢得了努基·汤普森
So goes the New Jersey delegation."
就赢得了新泽西代表团"
Well, is it true?
是真的吗
We'll have to wait and see, now won't we?
那得等着瞧了 是吧
That's why I wanted to meet you.
所以我才想见您
See, I think Warren Harding could go all the way.
瞧见没 我认为沃伦·哈丁会一路走到最后
Put Edge on that ticket and we've got a winner.
把艾治放入候选人名单 我们就能稳操胜券了
I like a long shot as much as the next fella, Harry,
哈利 我也想跟那人一样孤注一掷
But I'm not quite sure how you're doping that out.
可我不太确定你的计划是什么
The front runner's are Wood and Lowden, right?
领先的是伍德和劳登 对吧
That senate inquiry is a black mark on 'em both.
那参议院的质询将会成为他俩的不良记录
The campaign finance. Then there's Johnson,
竞选资金问题 然后是约翰逊
Who started the damn investigation to begin with,
本来就是他发起了那该死的调查
Which didn't exactly win him any friends.
但却并没为他赢得多少支持者
The field has no first-raters
这里没有一流的选手
and Harding's the best of the second-raters.
而哈丁只是瘸子里面拔将军
Not exactly a rousing endorsement, but it happens to be true.
说的俗了点 但是这么个意思
He certainly looks like a president.
他看上还真有点总统范
That's half the battle, my friend.
成功 他才刚上路呢
More than half if those trollops get the vote.
但如果这些妓♥女♥都给他投票他就算上路了
great meal last night, Harry. do the right thing, boys,
昨天的晚宴很丰盛 哈利 应该的
And steak won't be the only thing on the menu.
牛排之后还有别的好东西呢
You bet, harry.
当然当然
I have quite an appetite myself, you know?
我自己也有不小的胃口
You should meet Warren. You're gonna like him.
你应该来见见沃伦 和你脾气很投
Mr. Smith-- He invited me.
史密斯先生 他请我来的
my name should be on the list.
我的名字应该在宾客名单里
Miss Britton, go to your room.
布里顿小姐 到你自己的房♥间去
I'll make sure he knows Jess,
我会转告他的 杰西
would you please just tell Warren that I'm here.
麻烦你告诉沃伦一声就说我来了
Senator and Mrs. Harding, I'd like you to meet Nucky Thompson,
参议员和哈丁太太 这位是努基·汤普森
An esteemed member of the new jersey delegation.
新泽西代表团的尊贵成员
how do you do? an honor and a privilege.
您好 很荣幸见到你
Senator, I read a speech you gave back in may
参议员 我读到一篇您五月在罗德岛
In Rhode Island, I believe.
发表的演讲
"Back to normal." Boston, at the home market club.
名字叫"回归正常" 是在波士顿 国内市场聚会上说的
Right. It was quite something.
没错 很有见地
very well done. that's nothing.
成功的演讲 过奖了
I can spend hours bloviating.
我最会发表赘述连篇的演讲了
You see, americans don't want
你看 美国人不喜欢
Someone looking to stir things up.
招摇莽撞的人
They want stability,
他们需要忠实可靠的家伙
someone dedicated To safeguarding america first...
那些始终将捍卫美国利益放在第一位
to prosper america first, to think of america first.
心中永远装着美♥利♥坚♥的人
My best judgment for what america needs now
就我对美国当前形势的判断
Is to steady down, to get squarely on our feet--
人们最希望安定 脚踏实地
Warren, there's a few other gentlemen I'd like you to meet.
沃伦 我再带你引荐几位客人
Nucky, I hope you'll consider what we discussed.
努基 希望你能考虑下我们刚才说过的话
A pleasure.
很高兴和你谈话
You must be awfully proud of your husband.
您一定相当以你丈夫为荣
It's a terrible wretched thing.
其实是让我相当苦恼
A fortune-teller told me he'll die in office.
算命的人告诉我他会死在办公室里
Thank you, Miss Britton.
谢谢您 布里顿小姐
Evening. Good evening.
晚上好 晚上好
Beautiful child. Oh, thank you.
孩子真可爱 谢谢夸奖
A young republican, I'm guessing.
我猜是个小共和党吧
She certainly is.
确实
And what brings you to the convention? oh...
您来大会有何贵干 哦
We're, um, friends of Mr. Harding's.
我们是哈丁先生的朋友
Well, it's good to have friends in politics.
有政客朋友是件好事
Do you have children yourself?
您有孩子吗
剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表