剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表
"To Carthage then I came,
我从迦太基而来
where a cauldron of unholy loves
耳边一直回响着
sang all about mine ears."
那些肮脏灵魂的歌♥声
Those are the words of Saint Augustine
这是圣奥古斯丁
written 1500 years ago.
一千五百年前写下的文字
His road to the lord was an arduous one
他的坎坷朝圣路
Filled with many setbacks.
充满荆棘
In Carthage, Carthage by the sea,
在迦太基的海边
He found a city devoted to appetite,
他发现一座城镇中的住民
to pleasure, to the temptations
沉湎于欲望和享乐
that keep us from our better selves.
自甘沉沦
And in that place he did succumb to what was offered.
在那里他没有抵住诱惑
He did succumb.
他堕落了
Gentlemen, Atlantic City
先生们 大西洋城
is the grandchild of that vanished metropolis.
正是那座城镇缩影
Should you aspire to replace me here,
你们是否有资格替代我
and should Supervisor Elliot accept you,
埃利奥特检查员是否能够信任你们
you will be bribed, coerced
在这里 你们每天都会
And tempted on a daily basis.
受人贿赂 被人威逼利诱
Bring on the dancing girls.
送你舞♥女♥吗
My partner, agent Eric Sebso,
我的搭档 探员艾瑞克·赛布索
died in the line of duty of a heart attack.
执行任务时死于心脏病
I will not have his memory sullied
我不容许他的声誉
with infantile humor.
被如此戏言玷污
TheSsupervisor will review your applications.
检查员会审查你们的申请
Nelson, I wish you'd reconsider.
尼尔森 我希望你能重新考虑
There's nothing here for me, sir.
这里不再需要我了 长官
Did you see this?
看了这个没
Buy them drinks, promise them jobs,
请投票人喝喝酒 许许承诺
do whatever you need to do to get your people to vote.
尽一切可能拉得选票
And once they do, send
等他们投了票
them over to my ward and have them vote again.
送到我的辖区再投一遍
I still say replacing Eli was a mistake.
我还是觉得不该换掉伊莱
What "Still"? You never said a word about it.
什么叫"还" 你什么时候说过
I want a big turnout tuesday,
我要在周二看到人山人海
Men and women alike.
不管是男人还是女人
Hell, nuck, you'll even get spooks.
努克 还有死人的
The fuck you just say? What?
你♥他♥妈♥说什么 怎么了
I got my clerk combing the obituaries. He's writing down names.
我有个同事写讣告的 每天都记些名字
Yet another atlantic city politician elected by dead people.
又一个靠死人选出来的官
It's Halloween, Ed. Get in the spirit.
万圣节到了 埃德 别歧视鬼
Talk about your absentee ballots.
那些叫缺席选举人票
I hope you're half as amusing
希望你在认输演说上
During your concession speech.
也能这般谈笑风生
We need to talk.
我们需要谈谈
Hey, come on.
走吧
Let's go for a walk, guys.
伙计们 我们去散散步
Let's go blow the stink off this place.
把这地方的臭气吹干净
I've been approached by the other side.
那边一直在争取我
Really?
是吗
Fletcher and them other democrats--
弗莱彻和其他民♥主♥党人
They paint a nice, pretty picture how it's gonna be
给我画了好大一张蓝图
If I throw my weight behind them come election day.
只要投票时我能够支持他们
And savvy businessman Chalky White believes them.
而机敏商人朝琪·怀特就轻信了
Savvy businessman Chalky White
机敏商人朝琪·怀特
Tell them he believe them,
表面上相信了
Then he pocket their money.
转身就卷跑了钱
I take it that means you're sticking with me?
我就当你还站在我这边
Some recognition for my loyalty would be nice.
对我忠心不二的嘉奖会让我很高兴
You realize you put the bite on me every election?
你知不知道每次竞选你都会添乱
Except this time.
但这次没有
You could actually lose.
你很有可能会输
What'd you have in mind?
你想要什么
10 grand, a new car.
一万美金 外加一辆新车
And an invitation to that victory party down at Babette's.
并且受邀参加在芭贝特餐厅举♥行♥的庆功派对
That last part's a tall order, Chalky.
最后这个太让我为难了 朝琪
So is delivering 100% of that colored vote.
想获得百分之百的黑人投票也很难
"Upon that night, when fairies light
"那一晚 当小仙女
beneath the moon's pale beams;
从暗淡月光中闪现
there, up the cove, they stray and rove
他们就会在海湾里漂泊游荡
and haunt the Halloween."
等待万圣节的到来"
More, mama.
再讲讲嘛 妈妈
That's all for now. I need to finish the cake.
就讲这么多 我还要做甜饼
You go and wash your hands, please.
你去洗洗手
And you help your sister.
你去帮妹妹洗
The poem-- was that Frost?
那首诗是弗罗斯特[美国诗人]的吗
Robert Burns.
是罗伯特·彭斯[苏格兰诗人]的
My nana would read it each year on all Hallows eve.
我奶奶每年万圣节前夜都会诵读
Will they recite it tonight in the churchyard?
他们今晚还会在教堂墓地诵读吗
That's more of a religious service
这更像一种宗教仪式
to pray for the souls of the dead.
为逝去的灵魂祈祷
You catholics certainly have a flair for the dramatic.
你们天主教♥徒♥果然很有戏剧天赋
That we do.
当然
Warren loves poetry.
沃伦爱死诗词了
Have you thought about where you'll go
你有没有想好周二之后
After tuesday?
要搬去哪里
I hate to put you out,
我不想赶你走
but I'm sure warren will send for us
但是一旦沃伦赢得选举
as soon as he wins the election.
就要接我们走了
I'm considering Margate.
我在考虑搬到马盖特区
I could get work in one of the shops.
我可以在那里的商店里找份工作
Or perhaps I'll be rich.
我可能会很有钱
We'll see what the brack says.
等吃了甜饼就知道了
The cake-- it's called Barmbrack.
这个叫穗醋甜饼
The Irish eat it on halloween.
爱尔兰人每年万圣节都要吃
You bake a sixpence, a ring
里面会加上硬币
and a small piece of rag inside.
戒指或者一小片碎布
If you get the money, you'll be rich.
要能吃到硬币 今后就会很富有
The ring of course means you'll be married.
吃到戒指说明你会成家
And if you get the rag, well,
吃到碎布 完了
you'll be destitute.
你就要穷困一生
President Warren Harding.
等沃伦·哈丁当上总统
You'll come visit, of course, to the white house.
你会去白宫拜访我们吧
And with the arsenic being introduced slowly through food,
如果每次向食物中加入少许砒霜
the victim is often unaware of being poisoned at all.
病人甚至不会发现自己中毒
He'd been complaining about his stomach since christmas.
自圣诞节起他就一直说肚子疼
It would have to have been going on for some time.
中毒确实会引起腹痛
There were toxic levels in his stew, in his tea biscuits.
他的炖汤以及茶点中都有毒
Even his toothpaste was tainted.
连牙刷都被下了毒
How do you explain this, Mrs. Pratt?
你该如何解释 普拉特夫人
Must have fell in there somehow on accident.
肯定是不小心撒进去的
Yet your food was uncontaminated.
但是你吃的却是无毒的
She killed Jerry, for god's sake.
她害死了杰里 作孽啊
I ate one of those cookies, you know.
我吃过一块那饼干 知道吧
Who's Jerry?
杰里是谁
His dog. He used to feed him his leftovers.
他的狗 他用自己的剩饭喂的一条狗
Treat that dog better than me.
他对那狗比对我都好
Best goddamned friend I had, I can tell you that much.
我告诉你 那是我最好的朋友
You goddamn ignorant bitch,
你♥他♥妈♥个贱♥人♥
After all I did for you.
我为你做了这么多事后
Calm down, dear. The hell I will.
别动气 亲爱的 怎能不气
She's a fucking murderer!
她他妈是杀人凶手
Why did you do this?
你为什么要这么做
Poison him?
给他下毒吗
'cause
因为
If I used a shotgun,
我要是一枪崩了他
I'd have had to clean the mess up myself.
留下的烂摊子 还得我来清理
I had all I could take of his abuse.
我受够了他的虐待
Are you gonna arrest her or not, sheriff?
你要不要逮捕她 治安官
No.
不
剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表