He was a noble man,
一个好人
a fine man.
他正在做关于一种衰竭疾病的重要研究
He was doing a vital research into a debilitanting disease.
这种病叫做结石病 没有治疗的办法
It's called Ridgeway's, there is no known cure.
他已经花了几个月日夜研究这病
He was working on it night and day, for months.
他的好奇心
His curiosity,
他的决心
his determination...
噢! 真希望我能让您理解
Oh! I wish I could make you understand.
- 我理解 - 真的吗?
- But I understand. - Really?
您提到了维罗尼卡·克雷
You mentioned Veronica Cray.
她也是克里斯托医生的朋友?
She also was a friend of Dr. Christow?
他们在十二年前订过婚
They were engaged to be married 12 years ago.
是吗?
Were they?
这样吧 我简单点说
Look, I'll make it simple.
维罗尼卡过去 现在 都是个大贱♥人♥
Veronica was, and is, a bitch of the first water.
她想要约翰放弃医学
She wanted John to give up medicine
跟她离开并住在加利福尼亚
and go and live with her in California.
所以他毁了婚约 紧跟着与格尔达成了婚
So he broke off the engagement and subsequently married Gerda.
他有很多外遇 格尔达都不知情
He had a number of affairs, which Gerda never knew nothing about.
但他一直没能忘了维罗尼卡
But he really never got over Veronica.
上个星期六他们见了面
And in the last Saturday they met,
十二年来的第一次
for the first time in 12 years.
他出门去了她家
He went out to see her home
回到空幻庄园时已经夜里三点了
and he returned to the Hollow at 03:00 a.m..
是的 您怎么知道?
Yes. How do you know?
女仆牙疼没睡着
The housemaid had a toothache.
露西的仆人太多了
Lucy has far too many servants.
那您又是怎么知道的?
And how is it that you know?
我一直望着窗外
I was watching out my window.
也牙疼吗 小姐?
The toothache, Mademoiselle?
是另一种疼痛 波罗先生
Quite another kind of ache, Monsieur Poirot.
西蒙斯 如果你看到我手里有把枪
If you see me with a pistol in my hand, Simmons,
你该做的事就是
the proper thing to do
来跟我说 格杰恩先生 您能好心
is come to me and say: Mr. Gudgeon, would you be so kind
向我解释一下吗
and give me an explanation.
是的 格杰恩先生
Yes, Mr. Gudgeon.
你不该做的事就是去向警♥察♥胡说
The improper thing to do is to go babbling to the Police.
这才正常
That is common.
可如果我们都这么做
Where would Her Ladyship be,
把夫人放在什么地位呢?
if we all run doing things like that, hmm?
露西 你为什么要拿那把枪?
Lucy, why did you take the pistol?
我也不确定 亨利
I'm not entirely sure, Henry.
我记得 那天早上醒来
I do recall, though, waking up that morning
就有一种
with some sort of premonition,
可能要发生什么意外的预感
that there might, just might, be some kind of accident..
意外 谁会发生意外呢?
Accident, who might have had an accident?
很明显 是约翰·克里斯托
Well, obviously, John Christow.
当然 我为发生的事感到十分遗憾
And, I mean, one does feel awfully sorry, of course,
甚至有点责怪自己... - 天啊 露西!
and one does tend to blame oneself... - Good God, Lucy!
哦 亨利!
Oh, Henry!
哦 亨利! 哦 亨利
Oh, Henry! Oh, Henry,
我是那么担心安斯维克
I'm so dreadfully worried about Ainswick.
如果爱德华永远不结婚
If Edward never marries,
要是亨里埃塔拒绝他的话
and he won't, you know,
你知道 他不会结婚的
if Henrietta turns him down,
这地方会消失的 会的
it will all die out. It will.
他们会把安斯维克分成一块一块的卖♥♥掉
They will break it up and sell it off in little tiny pieces.
露西
Lucy,
这真的重要吗?
does it really, honestly, matter?
当然重要
Of course it matters.
安斯维克是我的家
Ainswick is my home.
这是我们的土地 不...
It's all our land. No...
必须有人除掉他
Somebody'd got to get rid of him.
露西 你没有...
Lucy, you didn't...
别傻了
Don't be such a fool.
你不会真的相信
Do you really believe, for a moment,
是我杀了他吧?
that I could've shot him?
是我邀请他来的 亨利
I invited him here, Henry.
我是不会把客人邀来过周末
One doesn't ask guests for the weekend
然后再把他们干掉的
and start bumping them off.
你的婶婶喜欢约翰·克里斯托吗?
Did your aunt like John Christow?
露西?
Lucy?
露西是我堂姐 不是婶婶
Lucy's a cousin, not an aunt.
是的 她很喜欢他
Yes, she liked him very much.
你的...堂兄 爱德华·安格卡特尔先生
And your... also cousin, Mr. Edward Angkatell,
- 他喜欢克里斯托医生吗? -不怎么喜欢
- did he like Dr. Christow? - Not particularly.
你喜欢克里斯托夫人吗?
And do they like Madame Christow?
谈不上喜不喜欢 她是家人
It's not a matter of liking her, she's famliy.
- 是吗? - 我们都不是很富有
- Is she? - We're not all rich, you know
格尔达是安格卡特尔家族比较穷的那一支
Gerda is from a branch of rather humble Angkatell's.
公平地说 她可以让人忍♥受
She's tolerated, I think it's fair to say,
是因为她是我们的一员
because she's one of us.
您所说的容忍♥
And your understanding of tolerance
是不是也包括和她的丈夫上♥床♥?
would be to sleep with her husband?
你为什么要把手♥枪♥从克里斯托夫人手中拿走
Why did you take the revolver out of the hand of Madame Christow
然后扔进池塘里?
and drop it into the pool?
格尔达总是笨手笨脚
Gerda is very clumsy.
她拿着枪可能会走火 伤着其他人
She might have fired it and hurt someone.
但您不笨手笨脚 是吗?
But you're not clumsy, are you?
但你还是把它扔了
And yet you dropped it.
如果手♥枪♥上面有指纹的话
If there were fingerprints on that revolver,
就是说 克里斯托夫人拿枪之前上面的指纹
that is to say, fingerprints before Madame Christow handled it,
知道那指纹是谁的肯定很有趣
it would've been intersting to know who's they were.
您认为是我的指纹
Meaning that you think that they were mine.
您在暗示是我杀了约翰
You're suggesting that I shot John
然后把枪留在了他身边
and then left the revolver beside him
这样格尔达走过来就会捡起来
so that Gerda could come along and pick it up.
但如果我♥干♥的 我不会笨到
But if I'd done that, give me credit for enough intelligence,
不先擦掉指纹
to have wiped my own figerprints off first.
但是小姐 你肯定也知道
But, Mademoiselle, you have enough intelligence to know
如果手♥枪♥上除了克里斯托夫人的指纹
that if there would be no fingerprints in the revolver
什么也没有 会很引人注意
other than Madame Christow's, it would be true remarcable.
因为你们在前一天
Because you were all shooting with the revolver
都曾用过这把枪射击
the day before.
我们还发现了其他的东西
And there are something else we have just discovered.
我们知道那把掉进池塘的枪
We now know that the revolver that was dropped into the pool
不是杀死约翰·克里斯托的那把
was not the revolver that killed John Christow.
是另一把枪杀死他的
He was shot with a quite different gun.
您认为是我杀了他?
And you think that I shot him?
约翰·克里斯托将死之时
When he was dying,
他说 "亨里埃塔"
John Christow said: "Henrietta."
我告诉过你 我们是情人
I told you, we were lovers.
哦 是的 当然 他是你的情人
Oh yes, of course . He was your lover.
所以 在他死时 他说"亨里埃塔"
So, as he was dying, he says, "Henrietta."
很感人
Very touching.
我不认为现在有嘲讽的必要
I don't think there is any need to sneer.
我不是在嘲讽
I am not sneering.
但我也不喜欢听人撒谎
But I do not like being lied to.
我承认我并不坦诚
I've admitted that I'm not very truthful.
但我不会杀人 波罗先生
But I don't kill people, Monsieur Poirot.
格尔达! 可怜的格尔达
Gerda! Poor dear, Gerda.
我很抱歉 你肯定没怎么睡好
I'm so sorry. Not getting too a little sleep, I trust.
什么是休庭啊 你知道吗? 你肯定饿坏了
What is an adjournment, you know? You must be famished.
你为什么不来空幻庄园吃午饭呢?
Why don't you come back to the Hollow for lunch?
我会把格尔达直接送回家
I'm taking Gerda directly home.
她需要休息和安静 不是这个
She needs rest and quiet, not this.
他们在克里斯托身上看到了什么?
What did they see in Christow?
那个可怜的女人心都碎了
That wretched woman is completely heartbroken.
- 可怜的孩子 - 你们收拾好了吗?
- Poor devil. - Are you all packed?
我要去镇上了 全准备好了
I'm getting lift to town. All set.
来吧 米奇 再见 爱德华
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表