跟奥布赖恩护士换班 但是她想征得你的同意
Oh,thank you,Mary. Are you off home now,or...
哦 谢谢 玛丽 你是要回家 还是...
I'd really like to stay.
我很想留下
Of course,if you want to stay close by
当然 如果你想留下的话
you could use the room at the end.
你就睡最里面那间屋子好了
My aunt would like that. Thank you.
我姑妈也会愿意的 谢谢
Good night.
晚安
But I don't... I don't know...
可我不... 我不知道...
Miss Carlisle!
卡莱尔小姐!
Miss Carlisle,Mrs. Welman's been taken very bad.
卡莱尔小姐 韦尔曼夫人情况很不好
The doctor was called. You must come at once.
我已经叫了医生 你得马上来一下
I'm coming.
我就来
I'm very sorry.
请节哀
Would it have been painful?
她有没有受苦?
No,no absolutely not.
没有 绝对没有
Sometimes you have a sudden relapse like that. It's very quick.
有时候病情会突然复发 她走得很快
And in it's way is a mercy.
这样也算是仁慈了
You must take all the consolation you can from that.
至少这一点上 你必须感到安慰了
I'm so sorry,Elinor.
真的很遗憾 埃莉诺
But thank God for it,I say,
但是 感谢上帝
I couldn't have borne seeing her lingering in the state she was in tonight.
我无法忍♥受看她今晚弥留的样子
You... saw her tonight?
你...今晚看见她了?
What? Oh,yes...
什么? 是的...
I left the cards and looked in briefly
我把卡片放下的时候看到了一眼
while the nurse was getting tea.
护士正在沏茶
She was lying there,breathing so hard. I hated seeing her like that.
她就躺在那儿 呼吸很困难 看着真让人难受
It's probably why I've felt so strange all evening.
怪不得我整个晚上都觉得不舒服呢
I know I wasn't really myself.
我觉得自己都不是自己了
No?
不是自己?
You should go to bed.
你应该去休息了
I won't come in and disturb you. Not tonight.
我不会进去打扰你 今晚不会的
Good night,Roddy.
晚安 罗迪
I'll have the "Times",if you please. Certainly,sir.
来份泰♥晤♥士♥报♥ 好的 先生
Thank you,sir. Thank you very much.
谢谢你 先生 非常感谢
The British Library,if you please.
去大英图书馆
"Laura Welman died suddenly at her home in Hunterbury House"
"劳拉·韦尔曼夫人于1937年9月16日"
" on September 16th 1937.
"在汉特博瑞庄园突然离世
Funeral Hunterbury church"
葬礼将于9月21日"
" September 21. '
"在汉特博瑞庄园教堂举办'
The nobel strain a noble day doth make'."
一个贵族在体面的日子离去'"
... ashes to ashes,dust to dust.
... 尘归尘 土归土
In the sure and certain hope of the resurrection to eternal life. Amen.
坚信她将在轮回中永生 阿门
You came back just because of this?
你就是因为这个回来的?
It was quite sudden. I was wrongly optimistic in my diagnose.
是挺突然的 我在诊断时过于乐观了
Sometimes they change quickly.
有时候病情变化很快
She had another stroke that affected her very badly.
她再次中风对她影响很不好
So you see,the letter,it was correct.
你看 信上说的是对的
It said that she would die after another stroke.
说她会再次中风而死
Yes,that's true,
对 没错
but given the severity of the first stroke,it wasn't remarkable.
但是第一次中风那么严重 这没什么
Poirot,I think you may be overreacting.
波罗 我觉得你有点反应过激了
There was no murder.
这不是谋杀
Please be honest with me.
请诚实的告诉我
In your profession as a doctor,this is your true opinion?
以你职业医生的身份来看 你真的这么认为?
Yes,it is. And I have to ask you to honour it as a friend.
是的 我以朋友的身份请你尊重这一事实
So you give to me no choice?
没有其他可能?
I don't want to see people upset. Bon.
我不想看人们不安 好吧
When will you go back? I'm not going back.
你何时回去? 我不回去
I intend to stay a little.
打算先逗留一段时间
And perhaps we can play some chess...
也许咱们可以下下棋
Well,now! We're nearly all done here.
好了 差不多收拾完了
What a terrible shame they didn't offer
他们都没给来宾上茶
the village a cup of tea. It's not the same without it.
真是令人难堪 这怎么行呢
Maybe,but Miss Carlisle didn't look no good at all.
还好吧 不过卡莱尔小姐脸色特别不好
I doubt that she had the strenght.
我觉得她连点力气都没有了
Strenght enough to hear the will,though.
她那点力气够用来听遗嘱了
The lawyer is down there with her,now.
她现在和律师在一起呢
And Mrs. Welman would've made sure
韦尔曼夫人一定会保证
there was refreshment after her funeral. You mark my words.
葬礼后会有点心 记住我的话
Oh,I meant to ask you,dear.
对了 我还想问你呢 亲爱的
Did you find that tube of morfine when you went home?
你回家以后找到那管吗♥啡♥了吗?
No,I did not. I don't understand it.
没 根本没找到 我真不明白
But there were some papers and things I threw out,it may have been there.
不过我扔了些纸什么的 可能被我一起扔了
That must have been it.
那肯定就是了
I wouldn't worry about it anymore if I were you,dear.
我要是你就不会再琢磨这事儿了 亲爱的
Well,time to say goodbye.
该说再见了
Again,I'm very sorry for what happened,Miss Carlisle,Mr. Winter.
再一次表示哀悼 卡莱尔小姐 温特先生
I can't degree the pity she didn't summon me earlier.
她没有早些叫我来见她 我觉得太遗憾了
Mr. Seddon,it's perfectly obvious she wanted to alter her will.
塞登先生 很明显她想改遗嘱
It's clear to everyone.
每个人都知道
She mentioned Mary and she wanted to change it.
她提到了玛丽 然后说想改遗嘱
Miss Carlisle,I can assure you of one thing.
卡莱尔小姐 我可以肯定的告诉你
You're wrong in that assumption.
你的猜想是错的
There could be no change as such,you see,your aunt made no will.
改遗嘱是不可能的 你姑妈根本没立遗嘱
What? But that's extraordinary!
什么? 这太奇怪了!
Not as extraordinary as you might think,Mr. Winter.
没有你想的那么奇怪 温特先生
People are often supersticious. They think if they make
人们通常很迷信 觉得如果她们立了遗嘱
a will,they die. So they put it off.
就会死 所以她们总是往后拖
Didn't you reason with her?
你没跟她讲讲道理吗?
Frequently. But she said all the usual things,
讲了很多次 但是她总是说些
that she didn't intend to die just yet. It's just human nature,I'm affraid.
她还不打算死之类的话 人性使然吧
People go on avoiding a thing in her personal life which is distasteful.
人们总会避免生命中不开心的事情
So,the upshot is very simple.
所以呢 结果非常简单
Since your aunt died with no bequests,
既然你的姑妈死时没有遗赠
no will,no settlements or trusts,
没有遗嘱也没有委托
everything,including this house,
包括这幢房♥子在内的所有财产
goes to her next of kin,which,of course,is you,
都归于她的直系亲属 她的侄女
her niece,Elinor Carlisle.
也就是你 埃莉诺·卡莱尔
Everything?
所有的一切?
Well,apart from her death duties,the state will still be substantial.
除去遗产税以外 不过剩余的价值也很高
No,Elinor,you should have it all.
不 埃莉诺 这一切都属于你
I don't want you to think otherwise. It's your right.
你别想其他的 这是你的权利
But Roddy,we said it didn't matter who was left the money,
但是罗迪 反正咱们是要结婚的
since we were to be married. Remember?
给谁都一样 咱们说好了 不是吗?
Yes.
是的
But... are we?
可是 咱们要结婚吗?
I thought that was the idea,of course if you have other plans,now...
要的 不过如果你有其他打算了...
Roddy,can't you be honest?
罗迪 你能诚实点吗?
Sorry,I don't know what's happened to me.
抱歉 我也不知道我是怎么了
I do. It's Mary,isn't it?
我知道 是玛丽 对吧?
I saw you.
我看见你们了
God,I...
天啊 我...
Something happened when I arrived here,
我一到这儿就觉得有些不对
when we were at the garden,I don't know what.
我们在花♥园♥的时候 我不知道怎么了
Isn't it obvious?
很明显啊
Every time you look at her,I see it in your face.
每次你看她时 我都能从你脸上看出来
I didn't want to feel like this. I was quite happy.
我也不想这样 我很快乐
This upset all decent,reasonable things.
这毁了所有体面的合理的事
Love isn't reasonable.
爱情本就不合理
You better take this back,Roddy.
这个还是还给你吧 罗迪
Will she marry you?
她会嫁给你吗?
I don't know.
我不知道
Well,give it time. Take the fortnight in France.
好好想想吧 去法国待两周
Clear your head. If you still feel the same after you're back,
沉淀一下 如果回来后还是一样的感觉
then that's the time to pursue it.
那就是你该追求她的时候了
I didn't deserve you. Even as a friend.
我配不上你 连做朋友都不配
Sometimes,it's all like a dream.
有时候 感觉像场梦
As if I may wake up and see that she isn't there.
好像我一醒来 她就不在了
But she is there!
但是她确实存在!
Damn you,Mary!
去死吧 玛丽!
Ah! Mary... Sit down,please.
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表