绝不要过分在乎一个人
Aunt Laura,tell me something,honestly.
劳拉姑妈 请你诚实地告诉我
Do you think love is ever a happy thing?
你认为爱情能使人幸福吗?
Oh,Elinor!
噢 埃莉诺!
Perhaps it always brings more sorrow than joy.
也许爱情带来的悲伤总是多于快乐
But who could do without it?
但谁又离得开它呢?
Anyone who has never really loved,hasn't lived.
没有真正爱过 就不算真正活过
And now Miss Carlisle's here with her fiance.
卡莱尔小姐和她的未婚夫现在都在这里
Miss Carlisle is still in there with her now.
卡莱尔小姐现在还在她房♥间里呢
Miss Carlisle,the niece? Exactly.
卡莱尔小姐 她那个侄女? 没错
Never was that sure about her.
她这个人不好说
No?
不好说?
Tries too hard.
太有心计了
And they call them "kissing cousins" in "The Tatler".
人们都在背地里说他们是娃娃亲
But she's lucky to have caught him
不过她能跟他在一起是她的福气
and she knows it.
她自己也知道
Behind the eyes,she's nervous as a kitten.
但看她眼神闪烁 其实她是不安的
I remember I was dripping in sweat. I could hardly hold on.
我记得我那个时候大汗淋漓 就快坚持不住了
But you did.
不过你坚持住了
You got right to the top,didn't you?
一下就冲到最前面去了 不是吗
I think you must've got to your grip.
你肯定是松开把手了
I couldn't help it. My hands were slipping with the perspiration.
没办法 我手上全是汗 太滑了
And then you fell at my feet laughing.
然后你大笑着摔倒在我脚边
Oh! Hello,Elinor. We were just remembering the old times.
噢 埃莉诺 我们在聊小时候的事呢
Of course. We'll have lots to talk about.
当然 我们能说的可多了
There's tea in the dining toom.
客厅里准备了茶
Now,look here,doctor,I've said this before.
听着 医生 我之前就说过了
In any civilized country,
在任何一个文明国家
I'd just say I wanted to end it,
只要我说我要结束这一切
and you would finish me off with some nice painless drug.
你就得给我几片药片 让我无痛地死去
Well,I am not sure if I wish to be hanged just yet.
这个嘛 我可不想被绞死哦
Not now,you're doing so well.
还不是时机 你恢复得很好
Leave me all your money
如果你把遗产都留给我
and I might reconsider,if you like.
我说不定会再考虑一下
Boo humbug...
你想得美...
And who were you looking at?
你刚刚在看谁啊?
Hum... your niece.
啊... 你的侄女
Elinor? That reminds me,
埃莉诺? 我想起来了
she wants to see you before you go.
在你走之前 她想见你一面
So,what do you think of her,hey?
你觉得她怎么样啊?
She is,uh... she's very impressive.
她啊... 嗯... 她让人印象深刻
Yes... Very impressive... Yes,she is.
是的... 印象深刻... 是的 没错
You know,you ought to get married,doctor.
你应该要找个太太啦 医生
I'm sorry. I just couldn't think of anyone else to take on confidence.
抱歉 我实在想不出还有谁能值得我信任了
No,no... I'm flattered.
不 不... 我受宠若惊
But you're right,this is a horrible thing.
你说得没错 这确实是件可怕的事
I suppose it must be someone in the village.
我觉得这一定是村子里的人写的
But who could the letter be referring to?
那这信里所指的人是谁呢?
Who has access to our aunt other than the nurses?
除了护士 还有谁能接触姑妈?
Well,Ted Horlick,the gardener,he helps to carry the oxygen.
园丁特德·霍利克 他帮忙抬氧气
Ms. Bishop goes in,the vicar,myself...
毕夏普女士 牧师 还有我自己
Mary Gerrard is there a lot,of course.
玛丽·杰勒德也常常进出那里
Nurse O'Brien lives in
奥布赖恩护士住进来了
and nurse Hopkins comes everyday.
霍普金斯护士每天都来
I suppose Mary is the newest here.
玛丽应该是来这里时间最短的
Can somebody be jealous of her? Does she have a suitor?
是不是有人嫉妒她呢? 有人追她吗?
I don't think so,
据我所知没有
though Ted Horlick always did have a soft spot for her.
不过特德·霍利克确实对她有好感
It's probably nothing to do with her!
这事应该与她无关!
I'm sorry,somehow a thing like this just plays on your nerves.
对不起 这样的事就是让人焦躁
Just the idea of having someone spying and trying to cause bad feelings...
一想到有人在监视你 想让你不好过...
Yes,it's probably best forgotten.
是啊 这事还是忘了好
You have been kind,but it's idiotic from me
谢谢你的好心 不过是我太荒唐
asking you to play detective. Shall we just burn it?
居然想让你扮侦探 我们还是烧了它吧?
No,no. Nobody need to play detective.
不 不 谁都不用扮侦探
I know a real one,his name is Poirot.
我认识个真的侦探 他叫波罗
He's staying here a few days
他这几天正在这边
preparing evidence for a trial in Manbury.
为曼博瑞的庭审准备证据
He's horribly bored. And I'm sure he'd leap at the chance of some diversion.
他正无聊得要命 给他点事做他一定会高兴的
He has some peculiarities,
他有些小怪癖
like his many herbal teas.
像是他的那些花草茶啦
He's charming and very,very discreet.
他很有魅力 并且十分谨慎
Mon ami...
我的朋友...
A doctor who bares a message is always a sight most worrying.
医生找上门来 准没好事
I hope it isn't from none of my physicians.
别是我的内科医生派你来的啊
Of course not,Poirot. How are you?
当然不是 最近好吗? 波罗
You settled in alright? Are you any more comfortable?
已经安顿好了? 过得还舒服吗?
Well,for some maybe.
对别人来说可能是这样
As for me,well,I have my work of course,
不过我嘛 当然了 这是我的工作
but what pleasure is there for me
不过让我去找我在一年前
in the evidence of a case I solved one year since?
就解决了的案子的证据 有什么乐趣呢?
None. I am,as you say,bored to the tears.
毫无乐趣 就像你说的 我都无聊得想哭了
Well,perhaps I can help. You see,a lady,whom I admire a good deal
那我可能可以帮你哦 有一个我很欣赏的女士
has come to me with a problem: an anonimous letter.
带了一封匿名信来找我
You mean I'll maybe a little exercise at last?
那就是说我终于能施展下身手了?
Well,don't get too excited,I'm sure it's trivial.
别太激动了 这不是什么大不了的事
There goes Ted Horlick with Mary Gerrard.
那是特德·霍利克和玛丽·杰勒德
She is in great favour to Hunterbury House.
她在汉特博瑞庄园帮忙
This letter is about that household.
这封信就是这一家的事
It's a grand film.
非常好的电影
It's with Garbo and it's set in Paris.
是嘉宝演的 而且是在巴黎拍的
I'm sorry,Ted,I've already said no.
抱歉 特德 我说过不行了
You've set your eyes in someone else?
你是不是喜欢上别人了?
No. Of course not. I'm sorry.
不是 当然不是 很抱歉
Bon,enter if you please. Thank you.
好了 请进吧 谢谢
The writer of this has been very careful.
写这封信的人非常小心
That interests you?
你感兴趣了?
Oh,oui! Regard the pressure on the page.
没错 看看写字时的力度
Now regard the words.
再看看这些话
There is malice here,or,just as concerning,the pretense of malice.
字里行间都透着恶意 隐藏很深的恶意
And I don't believe for one moment that the writer of this letter
我认为 写这封信的人
wishes to protect the interests of Elinor Carlisle.
根本无意保护埃莉诺·卡莱尔的利益
Unless,of course,Elinor Carlisle wrote this herself.
当然了 除非这是埃莉诺·卡莱尔自己写的
That's a strange suggestion,Poirot.
你说这话可就奇怪了 波罗
I could see how upset she was.
你知道她有多烦恼么
Strange for you,maybe.
可能对你来说奇怪而已
But once I found your strategy of pawns most strange
不过你那次的人♥质♥策略才奇怪呢
and you almost put me in check.
你差点让我成了人♥质♥
That was a long time ago.
那都是陈年往事了
To say the truth,when you came here,
说实话 你来找我的时候
I thought this letter would be a thing just trivial.
我本以为这封信没什么大不了的
And yet,the care of its construction,
但是 看到它的遣词用句
the words,even the design,
甚至是它的格式排版
tell to me it is not the case.
都告诉我事情绝不简单
Of course it may lead to nothing.
当然了 也有可能什么都不会发生
So,why? Why do I sense that the outlook may be dark?
那为什么呢? 为什么我有不祥的预感呢?
Miss Carlisle. Mrs. Bishop.
卡莱尔小姐 毕夏普女士
Have you seen Mr. Winter?
你看到温特先生了吗?
No,but I don't think he's upstairs.
没有 不过他应该不在楼上
The garden,maybe?
也许在花♥园♥里吧?
Oh,yes,of course. Thank you.
噢 对啊 谢谢
Aye,it's nice enough,
是啊 已经够好了
Mary dear,but I'm sure you can do better.
亲爱的玛丽 不过我相信你能做得更好
Yes,with your education especially.
没错 特别是以你的学历
Now,let us see what your aunt sent.
让我们看看你姑妈寄给你的东西吧
Oh,I'm so sorry,I was looking for Mr. Winter.
噢 抱歉 我在找温特先生
I haven't seen him. Have you,Mary?
我没见到他 你呢? 玛丽
No,I've just come back from the post-office.
没 我刚从邮局回来
This is from my aunt Mary,
这是我在新西兰的姑妈玛丽寄来的
New Zealand,my mother's sister.
我妈妈的妹妹
I was named after her,
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表