不 当然不信 我是来报信的
Oui. As you know,someone entered this room
好的 你知道的 有人昨晚
on the last night that Madame Welman was alive
在韦尔曼太太死前进过这个房♥间
and gave to her the morphine.
给了她吗♥啡♥
You told to the court that you never left the side of your patient
你在法庭上说那天晚上
during that evening,
除了卡莱尔小姐进来的时候
except when Mademoiselle Carlisle was present.
你从未离开病人身边
She was the accused,so no person could challenge you.
她被指控了 所以没有能推♥翻♥你的证词
But it is a fact that Mr. Winter entered this room
但是在你泡茶的时候
when you were making the tea,and perhaps others.
温特先生其实进过房♥间 也许还有其他人
Maybe I was out a few times. That's no crime.
也许我离开过几次 但这并没有罪啊
That is not your only lie.
你的谎言不止这一个
When I asked you if Mary Gerrard was adopted,
当我问你玛丽·杰勒德是否是领养的
you denied it.
你否认了
Why did you not tell to me the truth?
为什么你没有说实话?
What? That? But it has no baring.
什么? 那个啊? 但是这和案件无关啊
No baring? You suppose the fact that Mary Gerrard
无关? 你以为
being illegitimate daughter
玛丽·杰勒德是
of Madame Welman has no baring on this?
韦尔曼太太的私生女一事与这无关?
Elinor Carlisle only inherited the money
埃莉诺·卡莱尔能继承遗产
because she was the nearest next of kin.
就是因为她是直系亲属
Now it emerges that she was not.
事实证明她不是
At that point,Mary Gerrard stood to inherit 200 thousand pounds.
那个时候 玛丽·杰勒德坚持继承200英镑
Ah,so that's it!
啊 这就对了!
It was another motive for Miss Carlisle to do away with her.
又是一个卡莱尔小姐要除掉她的理由
On the contrary. It was no motive at all.
相反 这完全不是动机
Such an action,it would have been pointless,
这样的行为是毫无意义的
since Mary Gerrard had already made a will.
因为玛丽·杰勒德已经立了遗嘱
Was it you who told her to do that?
不是你让她这么做的吗?
We talked about it. What are you saying,Mr. Poirot?
我们谈过这个 你什么意思 波罗先生?
That someone other than Elinor Carlisle beneficts from her death.
除了埃莉诺·卡莱尔 还有人能从她的死获利
This came to me yesterday
我昨天才想到这个
and then I began to think again about the anonimous letter
然后我又开始想匿名信的事
designed to breed the distress
这封信想要造成
between Mary Gerrard and Elinor Carlisle.
玛丽·杰勒德和埃莉诺·卡莱尔的不幸
And suddenly the light,it began to dawm
突然 我灵光一现
about,amongst other things,New Zealand.
想到了其他的事 新西兰
Excuse me.
恕我失陪
Well,Mr Poirot,so long as you wanted me here,I thought I'd make us a cup of tea.
波罗先生 既然你让我来这里 我就泡了点茶
Oh! Thank you. You're most kind.
噢 谢谢 你真好
And now,perhaps you'd tell me what this is about.
现在 也许你该告诉我这是怎么回事了
The truth is,nurse Hopkins,I brought you here
实际上 霍普金斯护士 我让你到这里
to talk about this rose.
是要说玫瑰的事
It is the rose of the treader from the lodge.
这是小屋那里的玫瑰
You were pricked,I believe,by its thorn.
听说你被它的刺伤到了
Yes.
是的
But,as you can quite well regard...
但是 你看
... the Zephirine Rose it has no thorn.
这玫瑰并没有刺
Well,then it was a nail from the treaders.
那肯定是木板上的钉子了
I thought it was a thorn. It was sharp enough too.
我以为是刺呢 那也够锋利的了
Your tea. Merci.
你的茶 谢谢
Quite so...
是啊
A mistake...
搞错了
Tell me,you have lived in New Zealand?
告诉我 你在新西兰住过?
How would you discover that?
你是怎么发现的?
Mind you. It is known.
没关系了 大家都知道
Is it?
是吗?
The truth is,I have tried to discover it myself,but without any success.
实际上 我打算自己查出来的 但没成功
It little matters.
这没关系
But I did have a little more success in discovering your real name.
但我成功发现了你的真名
Your first name is Mary,the same as Mary Gerrard.
你的名字是玛丽 和玛丽·杰勒德一样
And your surname is Riley,the same as her adoptive mother.
你的姓是赖利 和她的养母一样
Poor Mary,she did never guess
可怜的玛丽 她永远猜不到
who you really were,did she?
你的真实身份 是吗?
And that letter you showed me,you never discovered it here at the lodge.
你给我看的那封信 不是你在小屋发现的
Non, that was a letter you received.
不是的 那是你收到的信
You know,at the time I thought the writing was rather strange.
知道吗 那个时候我就觉得措辞挺奇怪的
"And so,dear Mary,
亲爱的玛丽
"I have had to keep this secret from the girl I brought up."
我必须向我养大的孩子保守这个秘密
So why would the writer address her daughter directly as Mary
为什么写信的人直接叫她的女儿玛丽
and then proceed to talk about her in the third person?
然后又用第三人称谈论她呢?
Because it was not a mother writing to her daughter at all.
因为这不是一封妈妈写给女儿的信
Non. It was a mother writing to her sister,
不是的 这是一封妈妈写给妹妹的信
confessing the secret ot the true parentage of her adopted daughter.
吐露了她的养女的真正父母
Yes,it was your letter,sent to you,her aunt in New Zealand.
是的 这是寄给你的信 她在新西兰的姑妈
And this planted a temptation which grew.
这诱惑了你
What temptation?
什么诱惑?
The temptation of a big inheritance.
一大笔遗产的诱惑
And it was for that reason that you came here.
为了这个原因 你来到这里
You tried to store her feelings against Mary
你希望用你恶毒的言辞 这封匿名信
with your poisonous pen,the anonimous letter.
造成她对玛丽的敌意
You killed Madame Welman,knowing that she had made no will
你杀了韦尔曼太太 知道她没有立遗嘱
and even tricked poor Mary into making a will
甚至还唆使玛丽立下
in favour of her kind aunt in New Zealand,
有利于她在新西兰的姑妈的遗嘱
encouraged by the postcards and presents which you arranged.
用一些明信片和礼物为饵
Oh yes,she was named after you and yet you killed her.
是的 她是以你命名的 但你却杀了她
Later,you would release that sad letter,
然后 你公开了这封悲惨的信
ensuring that the settlement would change.
确保财产的处置会变
And,from a safe distance,clame your money.
你以迂回的方式 拿到了这些钱
This is a strange sort of fiction,Mr. Poirot.
这真是个奇怪的故事 波罗先生
But,so long as you finish your tea,I'll wash up.
但是既然你的茶喝完了 我要去洗茶杯了
But I still worried about the scrap of label that they discovered here.
但我还是担心他们发现的标签残片
Oh,certainly it said morphine,
上面确实写着吗♥啡♥
but there was one bit that did not quite fit,uh?
但是这完全说不通 嗯?
The small "m".
小写的"m"
Why not the capital?
为什么不是大写呢?
And eventually I realized that it was only
最后我意识到
part of the name of the drug that they discovered.
这只是他们发现的药物名称的一部分
It was incomplete and not for morphine at all.
这是不完整的 根本不是吗♥啡♥
And I searched,and searched
我查啊查 查啊查
and,at last,I discovered a drug of great interest.
最后 我终于发现了一种药物
Apomorphine! An emetic.
阿扑吗♥啡♥! 一种催吐剂
Yes,an emetic,Mr. Poirot.
是的 催吐剂 波罗先生
Apomorphine makes you vomit.
阿扑吗♥啡♥会让人呕吐
If you are poisoned and than inject that,
如果你中毒后注射这个
you vomit quite enough to expell the poison.
你会把毒药吐出来
And so it was the tea.
茶就是这样
You poisoned it,you drank it with Mary.
你在茶里下了毒 你和玛丽一起喝了
A little while later,
过了一会
Elinor Carlisle find you with a prick from the needdle in your arm,
埃莉诺·卡莱尔发现你的手臂上针孔
standing over basin where you'd been so sick.
浑身无力的站在水池前
And now,I have to do it again.
现在 我又要这样做了
The poison's safely washed up,though luckily I had much less than you.
毒药已经被我洗掉了 很走运 我喝得比你少
Not morphine this time,something nastier.
这次不是吗♥啡♥ 是更厉害的东西
But nobody will quite know how it entered your system.
没人会知道你是怎么中毒的
And there's no trace of it.
根本无迹可循
Oh,but my dear lady,there is.
但是 亲爱的女士 有迹可循
You see...
你看...
... I hate,and always have hated,tea.
我讨厌 一直很讨厌茶
And here... is your emetic. I removed it from your bag.
这是你的催吐剂 我从你的包里拿的
Give me that!
给我!
Come on,lads!
快点 伙计们!
You filthy foreigner! There was no way they could've found out!
你个该死的外国佬! 他们根本不可能发现的
Poirot,come now. We have a car waiting.
波罗 快来 外面有车在等
We need to hurry. There's no time to waste.
我们要抓紧了 没时间科浪费了
And Dr. Lord also,if you please. I think you will be needed.
洛德医生 一起吧 会需要你的
Monsieur Winter.
温特先生
This is for you.
这是给你的
It is from the lodge and it saved your life.
这是小屋里的 它救了你的命
You have been acquitted. You are free to go.
你被无罪释放了 你可以走了
But...
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表