even a mind of my own
他的占有欲强烈又很专横
He was so possessive and domineering
我受不了那样的生活 就和他分手了
I thought I couldn't go through with it and I broke off the engagement.
我猜他那段日子应该很难过
I'm afraid he took it rather hard.
当我们星期六晚上回到这里
When we came back here, on Saturday night,
他的感情爆发了
the whole thing blew up again.
他抓狂了 真的抓狂了
He went mad, quite literally mad.
他想离开妻儿 想让我和丈夫离婚
He wanted to leave his wife and children, he wanted me to divorce my husband
他想重新和我在一起
he wanted us to get back together.
这些年来 他一直爱着我
He carried a torch for me, all these years.
我们吵个不停
We argued and argued,
最后我只能把他送回空幻庄园
and in the end I had to send him back The Hollow.
第二天早上 他回来了
Next morning, he returned.
我告诉他这是不可能的 他拒绝相信
I told him it was impossible. He insisted.
我告诉他我并不爱他 也不可能爱他
I told him I didn't love him, I could never love him
我求他不要再次毁了我的生活
and I begged him not to ruin my life a second time.
我必须得残酷点
I had to be brutal.
是的 我...
Yes, I...
确实说了我恨他
... did say I hated him.
我们不欢而散 然后...
And we parted in anger. And...
...现在他死了
... now he is dead.
- 真悲剧 - 毫无疑问
- It is a tragedy. - Undoubtedly.
你认为我在审讯时应该提到这些吗?
Do you think I should say any of this at the inquest?
我是说他的老婆
I mean... his wife.
我觉得这事和审讯无关
I can not see that it has any bearing at the inquest.
这是私事
It is private.
也许就该保持隐秘
And perhaps it should remain so.
先生 我跟厨娘西蒙斯谈过话了
I talked with the kitchen maid, sir. Simmons.
她说星期天下午
She says that, Sunday afternoon,
她看见管家手里拿着一把左轮枪穿过大厅
she saw the butler walk across the hall with a revolver in his hand.
先生 很抱歉
I'm very sorry, sir.
我觉得我该向您提起这件事
I suppose I ought to have mentioned it.
下午五点半的时候
At about 17:30,
我看到大厅的桌子上放着一把左轮手♥枪♥
I noticed a revolver lying upon the hall table.
我就把它拿起来放到这
I picked it up and brought it in here.
架子上正好有个空位 我就把它物归原处了
There was a gap up there on the shelf, so I put it where it belong.
是哪一把枪 格杰恩?
Which one, Gudgeon?
这一把 先生
This one, sir.
但这把不是左轮手♥枪♥ 这是把半自动手♥枪♥
But that is not a revolver. That is an automatic pistol.
很抱歉先生 我对枪恐怕不是很了解
I'm very sorry, sir. I'm affraid I'm not fully informed about firearms.
亨利先生 我得全面检查一下指纹
Sir Henry, I'll have it fully checked for fingerprints.
哦! 先生 恐怕上面找不到指纹的
Oh!... I doubt there will be any fingerprints, sir.
为什么?
Why not?
因为在把它放回去之前
Because I polished it with my handkerchief
我用手帕擦过它了 先生
before replacing it, sir.
你干嘛要这么做?
Why the devil did you do that?
我觉得上面有灰 先生
I felt it might be dusty, sir.
见到您真好 波罗先生
How nice to see you, Monsieur Poirot.
天哪! 厨房♥有个可怜的女孩
Oh, dear! There's a poor girl in the kichen,
哭天抢地的
just sobbing her heart out.
你是怎么跟他们说那把枪的事的 格杰恩?
What have you been telling them about the pistol, Gudgeon?
算了 没关系 我会跟他们说的
Never mind, it doesn't matter. I'll explain everything.
你可以下去了
You may go.
可怜的格杰恩
Dear poor Gudgeon, you know.
他努力使我们避免麻烦
He tries so hard to protect us from any kind of trouble...
这儿真是封建 不是吗?
This here is all quite feudal, you know?
他可不是在大厅发现那把枪的
But he didn't find the pistol in the hall at all.
不 不 不
No, no, no.
他是在取出鸡蛋的时候发现的
He found it when he took out the eggs.
鸡蛋? 什么鸡蛋?
Eggs? What eggs?
我去农场拣鸡蛋
You see, I went out to the farm to collect the eggs.
就把枪放在了鸡蛋篮子里
I put the pistol on the egg basket
然后把蛋放在了枪上面
and then I put the new eggs on top of the pistol.
当我回来的时候 看到约翰躺在那
When I came back and saw John laying there,
好吧...我的意思是 他不太好...
well... I mean, unwell...
我震惊极了 差点打翻了篮子
I sort of had a bit of a shock and almost dropped the basket.
亲爱的格杰恩 就像平常一样
Dear sweet Gudgeon, as per usual,
突然出现帮我了
sprang to my rescue.
过了一会 我想在鸡蛋上写下日期
Later on, I wanted to write the date on the eggs,
否则 我们总是先吃新鲜的鸡蛋
otherwise, you see, we tend to eat the fresher eggs before the older ones,
写了日期就不会这样了...
and that simply will not do...
格杰恩告诉我 他已经摆平所有事了
And then Gudgeon told me he had taken care of everything.
安格卡特尔夫人 是哪把枪呢?
And which pistol was that, Lady Angkatell?
是把25号♥毛瑟枪
That was the Mauser.25.
你为什么要把它放到篮子里呢?
And why did you put it into the basket?
噢! 我就知道您要这么问 波罗先生
Oh! I knew you would ask me that, Monsieur Poirot.
当然...我这么做肯定是有原因的
Of course I... must have had a reason,
是吧 亨利?
mustn't I, Henry?
我是说 在我把枪放到篮子里的时候
I mean, I must have had some idea worrying about in my head,
脑子里肯定有些问题在困扰着我
in order for me to put the Mauser into the egg basket, in first place.
我的妻子...
My wife is...
...很是健忘
... extremely absent-minded.
亨利先生 我想请问
Sir Henry, if I may ask you a question.
有多少人知道 警♥察♥能根据子弹上的痕迹
How many people, in general, know that the police can identify a gun
或是打磨的痕迹
by the little marks on the bullet.
来辨识一把枪呢
The marks of the riffling.
我觉得现如今这是常识了 波罗
I think that's pretty well common knowledge nowadays, Poirot.
我是出来遛狗的
I was just taking the dog for a walk.
我喜欢逛到别人家的房♥子前
I love peaking in other people's houses.
您介意我到处看看吗?
Do you mind if I take a look?
当然不介意 小姐 请进吧
But certainly, Mademoiselle, entrez, if you please.
如果您能让狗呆在外面的话 我会十分感激的
I would be most grateful, however, if the dog might be kept outside.
多么整洁啊!
How beautifully tidy!
您肯定会讨厌我的工作室 那儿到处是泥
You'd hate my studio. There's clay all over the place,
釉 和上了色的罐子
and glaze, and paint bottles...
但我理解 您是位艺术家
But I understand, you are an artiste.
您不也是艺术家吗 波罗先生?
Aren't you an artist too, Monsieur Poirot?
总体来看 我会说...
On the whole, I would say...
...我不是
... non.
我知道一些很有艺术 富含高度想象力的案件
I've known crimes that were artistic, supreme exercises of imagination.
但是侦破它们 不是艺术
But the solving of them, non.
需要的不是创造力
The creative power is not what is needed.
需要的是对真♥相♥的热情追寻
What is required is a passion for truth.
一旦知道了真♥相♥
And, once you have the truth,
拥有了知识 就足够了吗
once you have knowledge, is that enough?
还是您还需要再进一步
Or do you have to go one step further
把知识变为行动?
and transform the knowledge into action?
您为什么来这呢 萨弗纳克小姐?
Why did you come here, Mademoiselle Savernake?
我说过了 我出来遛狗的
As I said, I was taking the dog for a walk.
真奇怪
It is odd
我去安格卡特尔拜访的时候从没注意有狗
I did never take notice of a dog on my visits to the Angkatell.
那可能是因为他们没有狗
That might be because they haven't got one.
我的狗是园丁家的
I borrowed the gardener's.
我并不怎么喜欢动物 狗 马...
Don't actually like animals much, dogs, horses...
可怕的臭烘烘的东西
horrible, smelly things.
波罗先生 我并不
I am not, Monsieur Poirot,
十分坦诚
terribly truthful.
是的
Non.
但我认为您很正直
But I think that you have integrity.
审讯就在明天
The inquest is tomorrow.
您认为有必要
Is it necessary, do you think,
让警♥察♥知道我是约翰·克里斯托的情妇吗?
the Police to know that I was John Christow's mistress?
你们是情人?
You were lovers?
我认为警♥察♥恐怕很容易就能知道这一点
I do not think that the Police has any difficulty in discovering this.
我也这么认为
I suppose not.
为什么格尔达要肩负这么沉重的负担?
Why should Gerda bear such heavy burden?
她爱慕约翰 现在他死了
She adored John and now he is dead.
我并没有破坏他们的婚姻生活
I didn't break up his married life.
我和维罗尼卡·克雷还有其他人是一类人
I was one of a procession, along with Veronica Cray and all the others.
- 他是那样的人? - 不!
- So he was like that? - No!
他是一个正人君子
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表