你离开玛丽的时候她在做什么?
She was on the sofa. She seemed normal.
她在沙发上 她看起来很正常
Now,each detail,if you please.
现在 任何细节 请告诉我
I went down to the pantry. Nurse was there doing the washing up.
我下楼去了餐具室 护士在那里洗盘子
She said she'd seen a man in the garden,I didn't see anything.
她说她看到花♥园♥里有个人 我什么也没看到
What then did you you talk of?
之后你们说了什么?
I don't know.
我不知道
Oh yes,the rose treaders by the lodge.
噢 对了 小屋的玫瑰
She had a mark in her arm,where the thorn had scratched her.
她的手臂上有个伤口 是玫瑰花的刺划伤的
And then it all came back to me.
然后我想起来了
When we were children,
当我们还是孩子时
Roddy and I,we kept having this quarrel about the War of the Roses.
罗迪和我 我们一直为了玫瑰战争争吵
He liked the white roses
他喜欢白玫瑰
I said they weren't real,because they didn't even smell.
我说它们不是真的 因为它们没有味道
I preferred red,because they were big and dark
我喜欢红玫瑰 因为它们又大颜色又深
and smelled... like Summer.
闻起来很有夏天的味道
Then I realized something,yes,I did...
然后我意识到 是的
There was no reason to kill Mary,
没有杀死玛丽的理由
because Roddy would never have stayed with me.
因为罗迪永远不会和我在一起
When I went...
当我...
When you went back,Mary was dying.
当你回去的时候 玛丽就快死了
You might as well ask me then:
你也许会问我
did I intend to kill Mary Gerrard.
我有没有打算杀死玛丽·杰勒德
Non,non,Mademoiselle. Now,please do forgive me.
不不 小姐 我失陪了
I have very little time. You told me all that I need.
我没什么时间了 你告诉了我我想知道的一切
And there are some things I still do not wish to know.
还有一些事是我还不想知道的
Monsieur Horlick,enter if you please.
霍利克先生 请进
Mr. Poirot,I'm sorry.
波罗先生 对不起
There's something I need to say in private.
有一些事我必须私下和你说
Sr. Horlick,you see before you a miserable animal,
霍利克先生 你面前的是个可怜的动物
who has been a triple imbecil.
我是个傻瓜
I am 36 times an idiot. Sir?
我是个十足的大傻瓜 先生?
Forgive me,I have discovered something in a way that is most painful.
请见谅 我发现了一些很痛苦的事
Hideously painful,but very important.
痛苦得可怕 但是非常重要
Pardon. Ca suffit. No matter. Please,do seat.
请见谅 没关系的 你坐吧
Tell to me what you wish to say.
你想说什么
It concearns Dr. Lord,sir.
是和洛德医生有关的 先生
If you do not agree,I will go higher.
如果你不同意 我会去找更高的上级
I wish you to take this matter with the utmost seriousness.
我希望你能严肃地对待这件事
I'll do what I can,sir. It will have to be tomorrow.
我会尽力的 先生 必须是明天
Very well.
好的
Poirot,you realize
波罗 你知道
we have less than a day and a night?
我们剩下的时间不到一天一夜吗?
Why did you ask me here?
你为什么让我来这?
Because I wanted to show you this.
因为我想让你看这个
The Zephrine Rose. So?
扎菲因玫瑰 那又怎样?
Isn't that Mr. Winter? Qui.
那不是温特先生吗? 是的
What's going on? What did Elinor say?
怎么了? 埃莉诺说了什么?
I will tell it to you. She told me of a quarrel a long time ago.
我会告诉你的 她告诉我很久以前的一段争吵
And how she and Monsieur Winter were in different sides.
她和温特先生是如何意见不一
And it made it very clear to me how she fell in love a long time ago
这让我明白 很久以前
with a man who could not return her feeling.
她是如何爱上了一个不爱她的男人
And so,doctor,I began to see through all the lies that have been told to me.
所以 医生 我看穿了对我说的一切谎言
Who has lied to you?
谁对你说过谎?
Everyone.
每个人
Particularly you.
特别是你
But,at last,the matter it is almost concluded,
但是 最后 事情快要结束了
for I've made a trap.
因为我已经设下了陷阱
Shall we go back to the house?
我们能回屋里去了吧?
I had a message from the Inspector,
我从警官那里得到消息
Poirot. Can you tell me what's this all about?
波罗 你能告诉我这是怎么回事吗?
It strikes as very unpleasant. I never wanted to see this room again.
这让我很不高兴 我再也不想看到这间屋子了
I am not surprised. What does that mean?
我一点也不吃惊 你什么意思?
Gentlemen,please.
先生们 请吧
I have concluded that nothing in this matter is what it seems.
我敢说 这件事不是表面看上去的那样
Firstly,we have heard that,on the day on the murder
首先 我们听说 在案发当天
it was seen in the garden,a man very tall
有人看到花♥园♥里有个高个子
and resembled to you,Monsieur Winter.
很像你的男人 温特先生
I told you I never came here.
我说过 我从没来这里
So,would you be surprised to learn of the will of Mademoiselle Carlisle.
那你知道我昨晚帮卡莱尔小姐立的遗嘱
I established last night that it is everything to you.
说是所有财产留给你 你吃惊吗?
I swear I had no idea.
我发誓我不知道
So,perhaps you stood outside and observed her making the sandwiches
也许 你站在外面 看着她做三明治
and thought that they were for her.
想着那是她做给自己吃的
Alors, had she died,you'd be a man very rich.
她一死 你就很有钱了
This is outrageous! I told I never came into the grounds.
这太过分了! 我说过我从没来过花♥园♥
However,if she was hanged,you would be equally rich.
但是 如果她被绞死 你一样会很有钱
So,let us assume,as did the trial,
所以 让我们审判一样试想一下
that the murder,it was successful.
这次谋杀是成功的
It is easy to imagine,you or another,being aware
很容易想到 你或是其它人
that Elinor Carlisle intended to invite Mary Gerrard here
知道埃莉诺·卡莱尔打算请玛丽到这里
and also to know that the preference of Mary was for the salmon paste.
也知道玛丽喜欢鲑鱼口味
Both these things,they were well known.
这些事人人都知道
Oh,you're including me? I include everyone.
你是说包括我吗? 包括每个人
Now this person has the file of morphine.
这个人有吗♥啡♥的文件
And the chance it comes...
然后 机会来了
And this is what he finds.
他发现了这个
The sandwiches.
三明治
One of salmon paste,the other two of shrimp and crab.
一个鲑鱼口味 另两个是虾和蟹口味的
Alors, our murderer approaches the sandwiches.
凶手靠近这些三明治
And,at once,he observes that the colour and the texture are identical.
他马上发现三明治的颜色和样式是一样的
So,which one is the salmon paste?
那么 哪一个是鲑鱼口味的呢?
No,there's no way on earth he could distinguish by smell.
只通过闻是没法判断的
So,what can this person do?
那么他要怎么做呢?
I am affraid that there's only one thing that he can do.
他能做的只有一件事
He tastes.
他尝了一下
It was bad enough the first time...
第一次的味道非常差
But then,suddenly,I realized how stupid I had been!
然后 我突然意识到我有多么愚蠢!
I,Hercule Poirot,had followed my reasoning,yes,
我 赫尔克里·波罗 遵循了我的推理 是的
but I had failed to take into account the madness of the English palate.
但是我忘了考虑英国人的味觉
For,gentlemen,what do we find?
先生们 我们发现了什么呢?
What we find is that we are entering into the realms of lunacy.
我们发现我们进入了愚蠢王国
I do not care if our murderer had the palate of a master-chef.
我不在乎凶手是否有厨师的味觉
He could never distiguish between theses two slurries.
他绝对无法分辨这些三明治
No,it is a fact. These sandwiches are all but indistinguishable.
是的 这些三明治是无法区分的
Then I came to the conclusion.
然后我得出了结论
I,Hercule Poirot,
我 赫尔克里·波罗
do not care what was said at the trial.
不在乎法庭上是怎么说的
This could never,ever,be the pratical method of murder.
真正的犯案过程绝对不是这样的
So Elinor Carlisle did not poison the sandwich?
这么说埃莉诺·卡莱尔没有在三明治中下毒?
No,she did not. Who did?
不 她没有 那是谁下的毒?
Nobody.
没有谁
So it was an accident? Non,non...
这么说这是一次意外? 不不
She was murdered,but not by these disgusting sandwiches.
她是被谋杀的 但不是被这些恶心的三明治
I said just now that everyone had lied to me,uh?
我刚刚说每个人都对我撒谎了 对吧?
For example,the man that nurse Hopkins saw outside here.
比如 霍普金斯护士看到的外面那个人
She was lying? Non,non,non. Indeed,she was not.
她在撒谎? 不不不 她没有
And you know that,Dr. Lord,because you are aware of who it was.
你知道的 洛德医生 因为你知道那是谁
It was you. Monsieur Horlick recognised your car,
那个认识你 霍利克先生认出了你的车
but did not want to say so in front of you.
但是不想在你面前说出来
So,last night,he came to the hotel to tell it to me.
所以 昨晚 他到旅馆告诉我了
So,here is yet another lie,uh? But why?
这是另一个谎言 嗯? 但是为什么呢?
Was it because you feared for Elinor Carlisle?
是因为你担心埃莉诺·卡莱尔吗?
Was it your heart I could forgive?
还是我可能原谅的你的心?
Or something much more sinister?
或是更邪恶的东西?
All right,all right. I would have done anything to protect her.
够了 够了 为了保护她 我什么都愿意做
I was just a fool to think I could deceive you.
我真是笨蛋 以为可以骗过你
Oui. Either a fool or something worse.
是的 要么是笨蛋 或者更糟
Please,to remain. I will return.
请稍等 我马上回来
Do you believe in ghosts?
你相信鬼魂吗?
No,of course not. I had a message to come here.
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表