我跟着安吉拉去了她的房♥间
and reprehended her sharply.
然后严厉地批评了她
The next morning was so beautiful
第二天早上天气很好
that I fondly thought it might restore some peace to our lives.
我乐观地想这或许会使我们的生活重回平静
Little did I know it was the harbinger of murder.
却不知道这是暴风雨前的宁静
Angela!
安吉拉!
Angela had yet again disappeared,I thought for a swim,
安吉拉又一次不见人影 我以为她是去游泳了
but there were no signs of her. So,I returned to the house.
不过在河边没找到她 所以 我又回到房♥子里
Mrs. Crale was about to serve some beer before lunch,
克雷尔夫人正要为大家在午饭前上些啤酒
so I offered to help her.
我去帮她
We went to the cellar,which was used to cold storage.
我们去了地下室 那里被用作冰窖
As we arrived,we found Angela,behaving in a most suspicious manner.
等我们到了那 却看到安吉拉形迹可疑
What on earth are you doing with that? I was just...
你在这里做什么? 我只是...
I hope you weren't thinking of drinking it.
你不会是想喝酒吧
I'll take,if you don't mind.
我来拿吧 好吗
Would you mind serving the others?
你能把酒端给其他人吗?
I'll pop this down to Amyas.
我下去把这个给艾米亚斯
And all this time
而在这期间
Mlle. Greer was sitting for Monsieur Crale?
埃尔莎一直坐着让克雷尔先生画画?
Yes.
是的
Oh,he got what he deserved.
噢 他真是活该
He acted very badly,oui,c'est vrai.
他确实做得不对 没错
But he was...
但他是个...
A great artiste,n'est-ce pas?
很出色的艺术家 不是吗?
Great? Couldn't even draw.
出色? 他根本就不会画画
His perspective was terrible,The anatomy was all over the place...
他的图画比例很糟糕 人体结构一团糟
I know what I'm talking about.
我知道我在说什么
I studied art,as a girl,in Florence.
我小时候在佛罗伦萨学过艺术
Tell me,Mademoiselle,
请告诉我 夫人
you were with Madame Crale
克雷尔夫人发现尸体时
when she discovered the body,yes?
你和她在一起 是吗?
No,not exactly.
不 不在一起
We went down from the house together,after lunch.
午饭后 我们一起从房♥子里出来
She was taking Mr. Crale some coffee,
她去给克雷尔先生送咖啡
and I was going to the beach to look for Angela's jersey.
而我准备去河边找安吉拉的运动衣
Amyas? Amyas!
艾米亚斯? 艾米亚斯!
Mrs. Crale?
克雷尔先生?
It's Amyas.
艾米亚斯...
He's dead.
死了
Mr. Blake! Mr. Blake!
布莱克先生! 布莱克先生!
What's wrong?
怎么了?
I bumped into Meredith Blake,
我正好撞见梅雷迪斯·布莱克
told him the terrible news,
告诉了他这个噩耗
and asked him to telephone the doctor.
并让他打电♥话♥叫医生
I was most concerned about Mrs. Crale,
我很担心克雷尔夫人
I didn't want her to be left alone.
我不想把她一个人丢在那里
Did you get an impression about what Madame Crale was thinking at the time?
你觉得克雷尔夫人那时在想些什么呢?
It was impossible to tell. She was stunned.
看不出来 她完全呆住了
What view did she adopt officially as to his death?
她对外是怎么看待他的死的?
Suicide.
自杀
Even in private,to you? She had no doubt whatsoever.
那私底下对你怎么说的? 也是一样
And what did you say to her?
那你又是怎么对她说的呢?
Is that chair uncomfortable,Mlle.?
这椅子坐得不舒服吗 夫人?
It's perfectly comfortable,thank you.
不是 非常舒服 谢谢
You were about to tell me...
你还没告诉我...
I-I- I think I said,
我好像是这样说的...
"Certainly,Mrs. Crale,it must have been suicide" .
"当然了 克雷尔夫人 一定是自杀"
Did you believe that? No,I did not.
你相信是自杀吗? 不 不相信
But understand this:
不过请你了解这一点
I was entirely on her side.
我是完全站在她这一边的
So you'd have liked to see her acquited? But of course I would.
所以你希望她被无罪释放? 当然
A woman of honor,of dignity,
那么高雅尊贵的女性
hanged like a carcase in a butchershop!
却像肉店的肉一样被绞死!
Poor Lucy! Having to be confronted by all of this!
可怜的露西! 不得不面对这一切!
Still,it is always better to face the truth.
不过 面对真♥相♥总归是好的
But there's more to it than that. She wants to prove her mother to be innocent.
不止这样 她想证明她母亲是无辜的
Then,her wish will not be granted.
那她的愿望恐怕要落空了
Before she was hanged,Caroline Crale wrote to her daughter a letter
凯若琳·克雷尔绞死前给她的女儿写了封信
in which she solemny swears her inocence.
信里说自己是清白的
It would perhaps have been better...
告诉她女儿不要指责她...
... to tell her daughter not to judge.
...也许会更好
You seem very sure of her guilt.
你似乎很确信她是有罪的
It's hard to believe otherwise.
别的说法也说不过去
And yet you profess to have loved her. I did love her.
但你声称你爱她 我确实爱她
I did.
确实
If that is all...
可以结束了吧...
Yes,yes,of course.
当然 当然
Thank you very much for your time,Mademoiselle. You have been most helpful.
感谢您能抽出时间 您的信息对我很有帮助
I know that she was guilty,Monsieur.
我知道她是有罪的 先生
Without a shadow of doubt. May I ask how?
毫不怀疑 我能问为什么吗?
After bumping into Meredith Blake
在遇到梅雷迪斯·布莱克并告诉他
and informing him of Mr. Crale's death,I returned to the water garden.
克雷尔先生的死讯后 我又回到了水景园
Mrs. Crale was not in command of herself,as I implied.
我看到克雷尔夫人手忙脚乱
It was the fear in her face that told me the truth.
她脸上的恐惧告诉了我真♥相♥
That's when I knew she had poisoned her husband.
所以我知道是她毒死了她的丈夫
And I,for one,do not blame her.
而我 并不怪罪她
She never knew what I'd seen,and I never told her.
她不知道我看到了什么 我也没告诉她
In fact,I never told anybody.
事实上 我没告诉任何人
During the trial,I was never asked a question
审讯期间 我也没被问到任何
to which I returned an untrue answer,
能让我撒谎的问题
but I was guilty of witholding certain facts.
但因为掩盖一些事实 我有罪
And I do not repent of that,Monsieur Poirot.
但我不后悔 波罗先生
I would do so again.
我还会那样做的
... was in fact such a corrupt and venal as the society of today.
...事实上和今天的社会一样的腐♥败♥和贪污
Since then,there have been other key excavations,
从那时起 就有一些重要的挖掘物
but none as remarkable as Chagar Bazar. Thank you.
但都比不上恰加尔巴扎尔的贡献 谢谢
Thank you so much for coming.
谢谢光临
Thank you. Thank you.
谢谢 谢谢
Hercule Poirot,Mademoiselle.
我是赫尔克里·波罗 小姐
The Chagar Bazar digging was quite simply extraordinary.
恰加尔巴扎尔的挖掘工作非凡之极
Did you read my account of it in the "National Geographic"?
你在国家地理上读到过我做的相关评论吗?
Sadly no. I have not yet...
很遗憾 没有 我还没有...
Fairly definitive,
相当权威
if I may say so myself.
如果能这么说的话
Little Lucy... I'd so like to see her.
小露西 我真想见见她
You have not kept in contact?
你们没有保持联♥系♥吗?
No,not nearly as much as I should've.
没有 或者说联♥系♥很少
I think it's admirable that she wants to clean her mother's name.
她想洗白她母亲的名声真是令人钦佩
Then,you approve it? Of course.
你赞成她的做法? 当然了
Caroline didn't do it. I've always known that.
凯若琳是清白的 我一直相信
You surprise me,Mademoiselle.
您真让我大吃一惊 小姐
Everyone else with whom I have spoken...
每个跟我谈过话的人都...
I know,I know.
我知道 我知道
The circumstantial evidence were overwhelming,
现场铁证如山
that's frankly why I never tempted anything myself.
所以我从没想过这么做
I knew my sister extremely well
我非常了解我姐姐
She quite simply couldn't have killed anyone.
她绝对不会杀人
The human nature has the infinite capacity to surprise .
但人的本性是多变的
Not in this instance.
但不会是在这种情况下
How can you be so certain?
你为何如此确定?
Because I am.
我就是确定
But I'm affraid,Mademoiselle,that would not stand up in court.
小姐 这个理由恐怕在法庭上站不住脚
That's why I was never called to give word in evidence.
这就是为什么我从未被传讯
And if you had been...?
如果你被传讯呢...
This is why I know.
这就是我为什么知道的原因
But for many,that would prove the exact opposite.
但对一些人来说 这证明的是相反的事
As they claimed at the trial,
他们在审判中就是这么说的
but this was a moment's rage
但这只是一时之怒
haunted her for the rest of her life. She never forgave herself,
困扰了她一辈子 她一直没原谅自己
as a result,she was constantly on her guard.
所以 她总是保持警惕
I don't say she was meek or timid,quite the opposite,
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表