就像我说的 她说过要这么做
Under such circunstances,
在那样的情况下
I didn't wish to cause a scandal by insisting on an autopsy.
我不想因为坚持进行尸检而造成绯闻
However,I must insist that you are now completely honest with me.
不管怎么说 你现在一定要对我说真话
You did not giver her the drug at her request?
你没有私自给她开药吧?
I swear to you I didn't.
我发誓 绝对没有
I told her myself I had no wish to be hanged,I wouldn't do it.
我跟她说过我不想被绞死 我不会那样做
Very well.
很好
All the same,I wish you had told to me you had those suspicions.
你早点告诉我你的这些疑虑多好
Because if you are right,
如果你是正确的
it can be worse now to Elinor Carlisle
那么埃莉诺·卡莱尔现在的处境
than even I could have thought.
比我想的要更糟
So,you do not wish to talk?
所以 你是不打算开口了?
I made a statement. I have nothing else to say.
我已经录过笔录了 我没有什么要说的了
Mademoiselle Carlisle,
卡莱尔小姐
you are aware of how your silence,it will be constued?
你知道你的沉默会被人理解成什么吗?
It is no matter.
无所谓
It's such a shock,I can tell you.
告诉你 那件事很令人震惊
Now,we'll have some tea. Merci.
现在 咱们喝点茶吧 谢谢
Like I told the Police,Monsieur Poirot,
就像我告诉警方的 波罗先生
Miss Carlisle was so strange,very strange in her manner.
卡莱尔小姐的举止十分古怪
I'd thought it for days,
我注意她好几天了
but that afternoon she was downright odd.
但是那天下午她的举止实在是太怪了
Talking as if didn't know what she was saying
她说话前言不搭后语
her eyes so bright and queer.
她的眼神十分古怪
And you said that she looked guilty?
你是说她看起来有负罪感?
Oh,yes!She was trembling,before and afterwards.
哦 对 在那之前和之后 她一直在发抖
It was as if she'd been caught out.
就好像她被当场抓了个现行
And those sandwiches that she made,did they look the same?
她做的那些三明治 看起来是一样的吗?
They were not on different bread?
那些三明治是用不同的面包做的吗?
No. Definitely not,
不 当然不是
white bread,looked very much the same.
都是白面包做的 看起来都一样
But Mary had the salmon
只不过玛丽的是鲑鱼口味
and we had the crab.
而我们的是蟹肉口味
When I think of how poor Mary was when we found her...
当我想起我们发现玛丽的时候她的惨象
She was one of the most beautiful girls
她真的是我见过的
I ever saw,Mr. Poirot.
最美的女孩子之一 波罗先生
And not stuck-up,as she could have been.
而且她没有漂亮女孩子身上的那股傲气
The old lady had taken a tremendous fancy to her.
夫人对她可是亲睐有加
Suprising,perhaps?
很令人吃惊吗?
Oh,that depends. Might be quite natural in one way.
哦 那也说不准 从某方面看挺自然的
And surely does an elderly person good to have a young face about.
年纪大的人总喜欢身边有年轻人
I see.
我明白了
And there's nothing else?
没别的了?
Nothing else at all,that you can tell to me about Mary Gerrard?
你没有关于玛丽·杰勒德的事要告诉我吗?
I don't know of anything.
我什么都不知道
No,Mary was not poisoned before she came here.
不 玛丽是来这之后才被下毒的
How could she have walked from the lodge?
不然她怎么从小屋走到这的?
Non... Without doubt she was poisoned in this room.
不 毫无疑问 她是在这间屋子里被人下了毒
But she and nurse Hopkins shared the tea,so...
但是她和霍普金斯护士喝了同样的茶
It must have been in the sandwiches.
所以毒一定是下在三明治里的
But Poirot,somebody could
但是波罗 谁都可以
easily have entered in here and tempered with them.
很容易地进来然后在三明治里下毒
There was a figure in the garden,out there.
在花♥园♥里有个人 就在外面
Perhaps somebody from Mary's past.
他可能就跟玛丽有什么纠缠
Or,what is more likely,someone we know.
或者 更可能 那个人我们都认识
I made a statemen to the Policemen,Mr. Poirot.
我已经对警方做过笔录 波罗先生
I wasn't around this side of the house at all,that day.
那天我根本就没到过房♥子这边
I was up,near the road.
我在北边 接近公路的地方
Did you see a figure? No...
你看到可疑人物了吗? 没有
But I d-- I did see a car. Hum,
但是 我 我看到了一辆车
parked on the road,early in the afternoon.
下午还挺早的时候就停在路边
And did you recognise the car?
那你认识那辆车吗?
N-- no,I don't think so. I think it was green.
不 不认识 那辆车是绿色的
I just can't believe anyone would do such a thing.
真不敢相信竟然会有人这么心狠手辣
And certainly not Miss Carlisle.
绝对不会是卡莱尔小姐
Tell me,Monsieur Horlick,you were fond of Mary,were you not?
霍利克先生 你喜欢玛丽 对吧?
Everyone knows that.
这是众所周知的事
Wasn't the same,when she came back from abroad.
当她从国外回来的时候 她就跟变了个人似的
But did she have any enemies?
她有什么仇人吗?
Not that I know.
据我说知没有
She was always a bit different,but-- people liked her.
她是有点与众不同 但是大家都蛮喜欢她的
Then,after she came back,nobody knew her so well.
在她回来之后 就没有人了解她了
Why is that?
这又是为什么?
She was just changed. Not stuck-up exactly,just...
她变了 不能说是高傲吧 只是
not one of us anymore.
不再跟我们一样了
This is for Mary.
这是为了玛丽
"But she is in her grave. And all the difference to me."
但是她已在棺中沉睡 但却让我心伤
Wordsworth. I read him much.
华兹华斯 我读了不少他写的诗
This poem expresses perhaps what you feel?
这首诗很契合你的心境吧?
Yes,expresses widely now what I feel. If you'd to bring it up.
是的 这首诗很好地体现了我的心境
Pardon. Please do forgive me,Monsieur Winter.
不好意思 温特先生
There are certain things one should not say,
问这些是有点不合适
but,nevetheless,a detective is forced to say.
但是 尽管如此 作为侦探我还是要说
Or to ask about the feelings of people.
或者问一下你们的感觉
Well,if it helps Elinor,
好吧 要是这能帮到埃莉诺的话
Poirot,ask what you want.
波罗 你就尽管问吧
Merci.
谢谢
You returned home early from France,I believe?
你是提前从法国回来了 对吧?
You were seen here on the day of the murder.
在凶杀案当天有人看到你在这出现过
Yes,all right,I did come back,
是的 没错 我是回来过
but I didn't want Elinor to know.
但我不想埃莉诺知道
You see,I decided to ask Mary to marry me.
我已经决定向玛丽求婚了
And you saw her? No,I didn't.
你见过她吗? 没有 没见过
You see,she wasn't expecting me,so I decided to wait.
她根本就没想到我会去 所以我决定等
Certainly wasn't goin' to barge into Hunterbury.
当然我也就没想过要闯进汉特博瑞庄园
I waited here,close to Mary's lodgings.
我就是在这里等的 这里离玛丽家很近
And,of course,Mary she never came.
当然 你没等到玛丽
I saw an ambulance,Police cars.
我看到急救车和警车
People were talking and I've heard what they said.
人们都在议论 我听到了他们在议论什么
Couldn't face anyone,
我没法面对大家
so I took a train back into town and waited for news.
所以我就搭了火车回到镇里等消息
Then I learned she was dead. I felt like--
然后我就得知了她的死讯 我感觉
And you do not think Elinor did this?
你觉得埃莉诺不是凶手?
No,of course not. The fact they dragged Elinor into this
不 当然不是 他们把埃莉诺搅进来
makes it even more tragic.
只会让这事更加悲剧
So,if she escapes the gaolers,
所以 如果她逃过这一劫
you will reconsider your engagement?
你会重新考虑你们的婚约吗?
What do you think I am?
你把我当成什么人了?
Of course not! It is ended.
当然不会! 一切都结束了
But I want her to be alright. She's a very decent person.
但我希望她没事 她是个好人
Better than... ... than you?
比... 比你好?
Is that what you you were going to say?
你是想这么说吗?
No doubt at all,Poirot.
没什么疑问了 波罗
Several ounces of morphine were found in her body.
我们在她体内发现了几盎司的吗♥啡♥
It was administered on the day she died.
是在她死的那天服下的
You're very kind,Mr. Poirot.
波罗先生 你是个好人
I am happy to answer your questions.
我很乐意回答你的问题
Of course I heard about Mrs. Welman. What a terrible thing,too.
当然 我听说过韦尔曼夫人 她真可怜
And you had no suspicions at that time?
那时候你完全没有怀疑?
Not the least in the world.
我完全没想到
So,tell to me,if you please. Did anyone else enter the room
麻烦您告诉我 除了卡莱尔小姐以外
of Madame Welman that night,other than Mademoiselle Carlisle?
那天晚上有人进过韦尔曼女士的房♥间吗?
I never left her side. Except when Miss Carlisle came in.
我一直陪着她 出了卡莱尔小姐进来的时候
Well,she was so bold and clever,that one.
好吧 她很大胆还很聪明
So why would she have wanted to do it?
那么她为什么会想那么做?
For the money,that's why!
为了钱 这就是原因!
She knew quite well if she didn't do it,
她知道要是她不这么做
every penny would go to Mary Gerrard. And that's the truth.
所有的钱都会是玛丽·杰勒德的 这就是真♥相♥
So Mary Gerrard was a girl
所以玛丽·杰勒德不仅工于心计
who was scheming and clever?
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表