而且十分聪明了?
No! Oh,that's a terrible thing to say.
不! 哦 不能这么说
Mrs. Welman adored her. She was a very sweet girl.
韦尔曼夫人喜欢她 她是个很好的姑娘
But not one of us.
但是跟我们不一样
Pardon...
不好意思
She was an only child?
她是个独生女?
Is it possible pehaps that she had been adopted?
有没有可能她是被收养的?
What?
什么?
No,certainly not. I must say,this is a lovely cake.
不 不可能 我得说 这蛋糕不错
She made a will,is that correct?
她写了遗嘱 对吧?
Awful,awful to think of it now. Nurse Hopkins and I
现在想起还是觉得很恐怖 霍普金斯护士和我
advised her it was a good thing to do.
曾经建议她这么做
We thought she should,since she had expectations.
既然她有想法 我们觉得她应该立个遗嘱
But I wish we'd never mentioned it now,I do.
但现在我真希望我从来没提过那件事 真的
So the 7000 pounds goes to her aunt.
那么现在她姑妈得了7000英镑
She has no family here?
她在这没有家人吗?
Just her mother's sister nursing at New Zeland.
只有她妈妈的妹妹 住在纽西兰
I've written to the old lady. What a terrible shock it will be,too.
我已经给她写信了 她得多伤心啊
So will Miss Carlisle be hanged?
那卡莱尔小姐会被绞死吗?
If she is found guilty.
如果她被判有罪的话
"Mrs. Welman,whose money went to Elinor Carlisle,
韦尔曼夫人 将遗产赠与埃莉诺·卡莱尔
"was murdered by morphine.
被人用吗♥啡♥谋害了
Mary Gerrard,
玛丽·杰勒德
who came between Elinor Carlisle and her fiance,
是埃莉诺·卡莱尔与其未婚夫之间的第三者
was murdered by morphine.
也被人用吗♥啡♥杀害
And nobody in the world had the slightest motive to commit these murders,
除了被告以外
other than the acused.
没有人有犯下如此重罪的动机
No one had the slightest opportunity,other than the accused.
只有被告才有机会犯案
And this vengeful woman.
而这个报复心极重的女人
who openly whished her victim dead to more than one witness,
公开在很多人面前宣称希望受害者死亡
never expressed the slightest remorse...
且从未有悔过之心
Gentlemen of the jury,what is your verdict?
陪审员们 你们有定论了吗?
Guilty.
罪名成立
Elinor Carlisle,you're sentenced to be taken hence
埃莉诺·卡莱尔 你被判绞刑
to the prison in which you were last confined and from there to a place of execution
现将你收押在你所在监狱
where you'll be hanged from the neck until dead.
并从该监狱直赴刑场
And may the Lord have mercy upon your soul.
愿主宽恕你
Monsieur Poirot...
波罗先生
Mademoiselle,please be careful as you go.
小姐 路上小心
Of course...
当然
"Appeal Denied Hanging in five Days"
五天之内可上诉驳回绞刑
I will admit that I've not been sleeping very well,
我必须承认 我最近睡得不太好
but last night finally I sleep.
但昨晚我终于睡着了
And I dream...
我梦到
I dream... I dream of the victim,as she was at first.
我梦到 梦到了受害者 就像我们刚见面那样
On the street,outside of my hotel.
在我住的酒店外面的街上
A girl so lovely,the favorite of Madame Welman.
一个可爱的女孩 韦尔曼夫人的宠儿
A girl who is liked by everyone,and yet she's still a mystery.
大家都很喜欢她 但她仍然十分神秘
And then-- then I wake up and I recalled something.
然后 我就醒了 醒来后我想起一些事
What?
什么事?
Uh... it is detail,in fact it is half a detail,
额 是个细节 事实上 连细节都不算
one twentieth of a detail,
是个小到不能再小的细节
but yes,my friend,it worries me.
但是 是的 我的朋友 那令我很担心
Something nurse Hopkins said concerning Mary.
霍普金斯护士告诉了我一些关于玛丽的事
What about her?
她怎么了?
Yes. What about her? What is behind her?
是的 她怎么了? 她背后有什么?
You are not making sense.
这说不通
Then suddenly I see there's something
然后 突然 我看到了一些
that the good nurse Hopkins she does not wish me to know.
霍普金斯护士不想让我知道的事
Something she thinks has no baring on the crime,
一些她以为跟本案无关的事
but I believe that it may.
但我却不这么认为
But surely she would realize that.
但是 她肯定会明白过来
Non. My dear doctor,nurse Hopkins is a woman of high inteligence,
不 亲爱的医生 作为一个女人
within her limitations.
霍普金斯很聪明
But her intelect is hardly equal with that of mine.
但她还是没有我聪明
She might not see it,but Hercule Poirot,he would.
也许她看不见 但是赫尔克里·波罗就能
And suddenly,that raises in my mind so many questions.
突然之间 这让我产生了很多疑问
No,I was right before. Something here is crooked.
不 我是对的 这事有点不对劲
But,doctor,time is short.
但是医生 时间来不及了
There is something I need from you,it is a book,
我需要你给我点东西 我需要一本书
how does it call itself,a book which describes the various medicines you prescribe?
叫什么来着 就是记录你开出的药的书?
A formulary?
处方集吗?
Oui,c'est ta!I must borrow it.
对 就是那个! 我要借用一下
Merci.
谢谢
When I visited you before,I said it was surprising
以前我来拜访你的时候 我说
how Madame Welman favored Mary Gerrard
韦尔曼夫人十分偏爱玛丽·杰勒德有点奇怪
you said it was only natural.
你说那很正常
And I thought that you merely talking about the friendship,that it was natural.
我以为你是说成为朋友是自然的
And then,I think again of Mary
然后 我又想了下玛丽
and I hear that word again " natural"
然后我又听到"自然"这个词
and I see that you used it deliberatly.
我就明白你故意用这个词的
Oh,I know it. And now you must tell to me why.
哦 我知道 现在你必须告诉我原因
Nurse O'Brien and I had both heard the old lady crying out
奥布赖恩护士还有我都听到
about something in her past.
老夫人抱怨过她的过去
There was a man called Lewis.
有个叫路易斯的男人
But we both knew there was much more to it than that.
但是我们都知道事情不止这么简单
And then I found this in the lodge,after Mary had died.
玛丽死后 我在小屋发现了这个
It is Madame Welman?
这是韦尔曼女士?
And the baby?
那这个孩子呢?
It's Mary Gerrard.
就是玛丽·杰勒德
So Mary was the illegitimate daughter of Madame Welman...
这么说玛丽是韦尔曼女士的私生女
It's a sad story,as you'll see from the letter.
这是个悲惨的故事 你可以从这封信中看出
The man couldn't marry her,he had his own family.
这个男人不能娶她 他有他自己的家庭
Sometime later,he was killed in the western front.
之后 他在西部前线死了
The Gerrards had no children. Mrs. Welman went to Scotland
杰勒德家族没有后代 韦尔曼太太去了苏格兰
and took Mrs. Gerrard with her,
也就是孩子出生的地方
where the baby was born.
把杰勒德夫人带回来了
Naturally she payed for Mary schooling
自然 她承担了玛丽的学费
and told them she would provide for her.
告诉他们她会照看玛丽
But she couldn't admit the truth. She had to avoid the scandal.
但她不能承认真♥相♥ 她必须避免丑闻
But,at last,Mary becomes clearer.
但是 最后 玛丽变清白了
But what sadness.
但是 真悲惨
"So,dear Mary,for all theses years I had to keep this secret
亲爱的玛丽 这些年来
"from the girl I brought up,
我必须向我养大的孩子保守这个秘密
and such a hardship that has been."
这真的很艰难
Of course,we had suspected this much.
当然 我们对此有过怀疑
Nurse intimated she knew,but...
与她亲近的护士 但是
What's the point of it coming out now?
现在说这个有什么意义呢?
I was going to destroy this.
我要毁了这个
As I said before,Mr. Poirot,let the dead rest in peace.
我说过 波罗先生 让死者安息吧
Non. Not when one has to consider the living.
不 不行 特别是还要考虑生者的时候
Mademoiselle Carlisle,you would say nothing before.
卡莱尔小姐 你之前什么也不说
But now I know a little more.
但我现在知道的多了一些
I want to help you and I believe I can.
我想帮你 我相信我能做到
But you must answer some questions about that day,I beg of you.
但是你必须回答有关那天的几个问题 求你了
Why? Is there any p...
为什么? 有何...
purpose? Yes,of course there's a purpose.
目的? 当然有目的
Please.
拜托你
Now,just tell it to me,from the very beginning.
请从头告诉我
Firstly,why did you give time off to the servants?
第一 你为什么要给仆人放假?
I was upset. I wanted to be alone.
我很不安 我想一个人
And,when you made the sandwiches,did you see anyone outside?
你做三明治的时候 你有看到外面有人吗?
No.
没有
Right. Then you went to sort through some things of your aunt.
好的 然后你去整理你姑妈的遗物
Did you discover anything that affected you.
你有没有发现什么对你有影响的东西?
Any private matters concerning your aunt?
或是与你姑妈有关的私人物品?
What? No.
什么? 没有
Well,then,you took Mary
好吧 然后你把玛丽
and nurse Hopkins into the library
和霍普金斯护士带到图书馆
where you gave them the sandwiches.
在那里你给了她们三明治
What was Mary doing when you left her?
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表