亲爱的艾米亚斯
I loved him so much...
我是如此爱他
It happened shortly after that. I popped up to the house to fetch a shawl,
不一会事情就发生了 我去房♥间取围巾
and,when I came back,she was there.
我回来的时候 她在那
Sorry about that.
抱歉
Hello everybody!
大家好!
I'd kill for a cold beer. I'll send some down.
我想来杯冰啤酒 我去拿点
She must have known then what she meant to do.
她一定知道她接下来要做什么
She brought it back about 10 minutos later.
10分钟后她拿着啤酒过来
Tastes foul!
真难喝!
Everything tastes foul,today.
今天的东西怎么都这么难喝
Too much bile,my dear.
太多怒气了 亲爱的
It'll choke you,one of these days.
那总有一天会要你的命的
I didn't suspect a thing. About 40 minutes later,
我没怀疑什么 大约40分钟后
- he complained about stiffness and pains. - Bloody rheumatism!
他抱怨着这疼那疼 该死的风湿!
Then,the bell sounded for lunch and Meredith came to fetch me.
然后午饭的铃♥声♥响了 梅雷迪斯叫我去吃饭
Amyas decided to skip lunch,as he often did.
艾米亚斯说不吃了 像往常一样
Old grumpy doesn't want any lunch.
那个暴脾气说他不吃午餐了
So we left him...
然后我们离开了
... to die alone.
他一个人 死了
Amyas! Amyas!
艾米亚斯! 艾米亚斯!
And I just knew it was Caroline.
我就知道是凯若琳干的
How could she do that? How could she?
她怎么能这样? 她怎么能?
It is a story most...
这真是个...
... tragique,n'est-ce pas?
悲剧啊 不是吗?
Hanging was too good for her.
绞刑对她太宽容了
Monsieur Blake...
布莱克先生
Little Lucy...
小露西
... a grown woman. One can hardly believe it.
长大了 真不敢相信
Time passes swiftly,does it not? Poor child.
时光飞逝啊 不是吗? 可怜的孩子
Such a terrible shock. How much better to let it all be.
对她来说打击不小 这样也许更好
The whole point,you see,is that Amyas Crale was an artist,
艾米亚斯·克雷尔是个艺术家
and his art was his passion.
他对艺术充满热情
When he painted,he was like a man-- possessed.
他画画的时候就像着了魔
He meant to finish that portrait,whatever the cost.
他打算不惜一切完成那幅画
Elsa was terrifically enthusiastic about the painting,and Caroline...
埃尔莎很热衷于画画 凯若琳...
Yes? I had always been...
怎么了? 我一直...
... very fond of her.
...非常喜欢她
Come on,Merri,come on!
快来 梅雷迪斯 过来!
There was a time when I'd hoped to marry her,
我曾经想过要娶她
but that was soon nipped in the bud.
虽然很快就放弃了
Still I remained,if I may say so,
但我仍然愿意
devoted to her service.
为她做任何事
Dear God!
天哪!
When I think of what they did to her!
她那时遭受到了怎样的待遇啊!
Strung up like an animal!
像牲口一样被捆起来!
Such a gentle creature...
那样的一个美人...
I remember a conversation we had shortly after it all began.
我记得事情发生不久 我们有过一次对话
Do you think he really cares for her?
你觉得他真的在乎她吗?
Well,he's very committed to the painting.
呃 他只是为了画出更好的画而已
He's in love with her,isn't he?
他爱上她了 不是么?
A little,perhaps.
可能有一点点吧
A great deal,I think.
我觉得不止一点点
There's only one person he reallly cares for,I think that's you.
他唯一在乎的人 是你
These infatuations,they come and they go.
这些迷恋 很快就过去了
That's what I used to think.
我以前也是这么想的
But this time I've a feeling it's serious.
但是这次 我感觉他是认真的
She's just a girl. That's the trouble.
她只是个小女孩 这就是问题关键
The way she looks at him!
瞧她看他时的眼神!
So intense!
那么炽热!
I'm affraid,Meredith.
我很害怕 梅雷迪斯
It's nothing.
没什么的
I hope you're right. But I can't help feeling
希望你是对的 但我
I'd like to take a hatchet to her.
真想一短斧劈死她
A hatchet? It's a small ax.
短斧? 就是小斧头
I know what a hatchet is. I was commenting rather on her remark.
我知道短斧是什么 我是在对她的话表示惊讶
It was merely to make her point.
她就是随口说说
She made her point a little more forcibly,
那她说得也太狠了吧
forcibly,did she not?
太狠了 不是吗?
With her baby sister Angela,
正如她对她的小妹妹安吉拉的所作所为
The paperweight. Oui.
你说纸镇那个事? 是的
It was a moment of sibling's jealousy for which she never forgave herself.
那只是姐妹间的嫉妒 她为这事一直自责着
And disfigured a girl for life.
然后毁了一个女孩的一生
That was the problem. It was a constant reminder,
这就是问题所在 她无法释怀
and she tried desperatly to make amends,
她想尽一切办法弥补她
which,in turn,made Amyas very jealous.
反而让艾米亚斯吃醋了
You knew him for many years,n'est-ce pas?
你与他相识很多年了 是吧?
Since boyhood.
我们是发小
But he was always more Philip's friend than mine.
不过菲利浦和他关系更好
You did not like him?
你不喜欢他?
I think his conduct was frankly disgraceful.
我觉得他行为不检
Don't you understand?
你不明白吗?
This painting is the best thing I've done and I'm determined to see it through.
这幅画是我最成功的一次 我一定要完成它
No. I think it's a disgrace...
不 我觉得这实在是不得体...
... the way you treat Caroline. The way you've always treated her.
你不该那样对凯若琳 你总是这样对她
What about Lucy,for Heaven's sake? You can't just throw it all away.
露西怎么办? 你总不能抛下一切
You're a good man,Merri,but such a old softy.
你是个好人 梅雷迪斯 不过你管太多了
Wait til the picture is finished then you'll see I was right.
等我的画完成了 你就知道我是对的了
That grin he gave me...
他对我咧嘴一笑...
I'll never forget Caroline,that afternoon.
我永远也忘不了那天下午的凯若琳
She made such an effort,and yet,behind it all...
她努力装作无所谓 但坚强外表之下...
Is there anything the matter,my dear?
怎么了吗 心爱的?
Everything. It's gone.
一切...都没了
Finished.
结束了
When she said,at the trial,that she took the poison to kill herself,
当她在法庭上说她拿走毒药是为了自杀时
I swear she was speaking the truth.
我发誓她没有说谎
But why did you take your guests into the laboratory?
不过你为什么要把客人带去实验室呢?
Someone must have sugested it.
一定是有人提议的
Caroline Crale,perhaps?
是不是凯若琳·克雷尔呢?
Well,I often took guests into my laboratory. It wasn't unusual.
我经常带客人去实验室 这很正常
This is valerian. The one that cats like.
这是缬草液 就是猫很喜欢的那个?
Yes,they can't get enough of it. It can be used as a sleeping draft.
没错 它们超爱这味道 这个还有安眠的作用
Elsa,You should have a sniff.
埃尔莎 给你闻闻
I've amount pleasure from my brews,
我乐此不疲地进行研究药草
gatherring the plants at night,macerating and all the rest of it..
在晚上收集药草 进行浸泡什么的
It's astonishing
简简单单的药草能变得大有用途
how a simple decoction can make wonders.
这太让人惊异了
Conium. I've never heard of this.
毒参 我从来没听过这个
It's distilled from the flowers of the spotted hemlock.
是由带斑的毒芹中蒸馏出来的
Isn't that what Socrates took?
是不是就是苏格拉底喝下的那个毒药?
That's right.
没错
You know,there's the most moving description of his death on Plato's "Phaedo".
在柏拉图的<斐多篇>中有十分动人的描述
I can read it to you if you'd like.
你们想听的话我可以读给你们听
Sorry. Sorry,it must be the heat.
抱歉 抱歉 太热了就犯困
"The man who administered the poison pinched his foot,
"给他下毒的人捏了捏他的脚
"and asked if he felt anything. Socrates said no.
"问他有没有感觉 苏格拉底说没有
"Then,he did the same to his legs,
"然后他又试了试他的腿
"gradually moving upwards,showing us this way and letting us
"就这样一直向上 以这种方式 让我们看到
"see that he was getting cold and numb.
"他全身冰冷麻木
"He said that when it reached the heart,
"他说 当毒性扩散到心脏
Socrates would be gone."
苏格拉底就会死去"
And that is how Amyas met his fate...
而这正是第二天...
... the very next day.
艾米亚斯的命运
When did Madame Crale take the conium from the bottle?
克雷尔夫人是什么时候从瓶子里拿到毒参的?
Just before she came into the study area...
就是在她去研究区之前...
I think Philip and Angela left first,
好像菲利浦和安吉拉先走了
followed by Amyas. I was in the doorway,waiting to lock up,
然后是艾米亚斯 我站在门口 等着锁门
having a word with Elsa.
我跟埃尔莎说了几句话
I supose that's when she took it.
我觉得她就是那时候拿的
Caroline. Oh sorry,Merri.
凯若琳 噢 抱歉 梅雷迪斯
Such a fascinating collection...
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表