Now, than, Dunning, Dunbury
你叫什么名字?
what is your name?
他叫弗兰克·卡特
His name is Frank Cartar.
你
You.
你总是跟我过不去
You've had it in for me all along.
我绝没有开枪!
I never fired that shot!
那会是谁开的枪?
In that case, who did?
你看 这里没别人
As you can see, there is no one else here
除了我们
but ourselves.
你真的不必担心 奈维尔小姐
You really must not agitate yourself, Mademoiselle Neville.
一开始 他们声称
first they tried to pretend
弗兰克意图谋杀布伦特先生
that Frank attempted to murder Mr. Blunt,
现在 他们又指控他杀了可怜的莫利先生
and now theyve accused him of murdering poor Mr. Morey.
要糖吗?
Sugar?
不用 谢谢
No, thank you.
你知道 我就在埃克斯汉姆
I was down there, you know, at Exsham,
当布伦特先生被开枪射击时
when the shot wan fired at Monsieur Blunt.
是那帮穿黑衫的法♥西♥斯♥分子
It's these Blackshirts.
他们挥舞着标语旗帜 四处游♥行♥
They march around waving their banners.
以那种可笑的姿势敬礼
They have this ridiculous salute.
他们还煽动像弗兰克这样的穷♥人♥ 直到他们以为
And they work up these poor men like Frank until they think
自己正做着了不起的爱国行为
they're doing something wonderful and patriotic.
这就是卡特先生的辩词?
And that in the defense of Monsieur Carter?
当然不是! 我根本没看到他
No! I haven't seen him, of course.
他们不让
They wouldn't let me.
他有一个初级律师
He has a solicitor working for him,
是他把弗兰克的话告诉了我
and he told me what Frank had said.
他在酒吧遇见个男人
He met a man in a public house
那人说他在情报部门工作
who said he was in the secret service,
然后他给弗兰克介绍了这份好工作
and he offered Frank this wonderful job.
他接受了这份园丁的工作
He was to take up the post of gardener
听到了园丁们的谈话
and listen to all the other gardeners' conversations
还探听出他们都有激进倾向
and sound them out as to their Red tendencies.
因此他不得已装作自己也有一些激进
He had to pretend to be a bit of a Red himself.
所以这位律师认为
And this solicitor, he is of the opinion
他的委托人最好能
thst his client would do better
想出一个更令人信服的故事?
to think of a story that is more plausible?
律师们
Lawyers.
你不会相信他们有多难缠
You wouldn't believe how difficult they are.
奈维尔小姐
Mademoiselle Neville.
你对女佣艾格尼丝有何看法?
What did you think of the housemaid, Agnes?
我对她没丝毫看法
I didn't think at all about her.
莫利先生的妹妹对女仆们盯得很严
Mr.Morley's sister kept a strict eye on the maids.
你为什么这么问?
Why are you asking?
她给我写了封信 可...
She wrote to me a letter, and...
至今 我还不知道为什么
As yet, I do not know why.
谢谢
Thank you.
您的茶 小姐
Your tea, madam.
谢谢
Thank you.
我希望您不介意我给您写的那封信 先生
I hope you didn't mind we writing you that letter, sir,
我只是不想让您来家里
only I didn't want for you to coma to the house.
我是说 如果我当着莫利小姐的面说什么
I mean, if I was to say anything in front of Miss Morley,
事后她可能会说我当时该怎么说的
she might say as how I ought to have said something before.
我和厨师在报上看到了
Me and the cook, we'd read in the papers
主人是如何弄错了药量
how the master had wade a mistake with that drug
然后又如何开枪自杀了
and had shot himself.
所以这看来很清楚 不是吗 先生?
So it did seem quite clear, didn't it, sir?
你什么时候开始觉得不对呢 艾格尼丝?
When did you begin to feel differently, Agnes?
看报的时候 先生 上面说弗兰克·卡特
Seeing in the paper, sir, about that Frank Carter
对着那位男士开了枪
shooting at that gentleman.
我是说 直到那时
I mean, up till then,
我们都没想过他对莫利先生做过任何事
neither of us thought he'd done anything to Mr. Morley?
我们只是觉得有些奇怪
We just thought it was a bit queer.
奇怪什么 艾格尼丝?
What was queer, Agnes?
就在那天早上 先生
It was that morning, sir.
莫利先生自杀的那个早上
The morning Mr. Morley shot himself.
我不知道是否要跑下楼拿邮件
I was wondering if I run down and get the post,
所以我走出来到了楼梯口
no I went out on the landing,
然后我低头一看
and I looked down over the stairs.
就在那时我看到了他
And it was then that I saw him,
弗兰克·卡特 在楼梯下面
Frank Carter, down on the stairs below.
他就站在那儿 好像在等人
He was just standing there, like, waiting.
接着他似乎下定了决心
Then he seemed to make up his mind,
以飞快的速度下了楼
and he sort of went very quickly down the stairs
走向主人的诊疗室
towards the master's surgery.
当时我盘算着“主人会不高兴的”
And I thought to myself, “The master won't like that.”
艾格尼丝!
Agnes!
可就在那时 厨师叫我了
But just then, Cook called me,
所以我就跑回了厨房♥
and I went back into the kitchen.
后来我就听说主人开枪自杀了
And afterwards, I heard the master had shot himself,
太恐怖了 吓得我把什么都忘了
and it was so awful, it just drove everything out of my head.
告诉我 艾格尼丝
Tell me, Agnes.
你亲眼看见弗兰克·卡特
Did you actually see Frank Carter
闯进了莫利先生的房♥间吗?
enter the room of Monsieur Morley?
他肯定进去了 先生
He must have done, sir.
当时是几点?
At what time was this?
应该是12:30左右 先生
It must have been about half past 12:00, sir.
我要见弗兰克·卡特
I want to see Frank Carter.
在打什么鬼主意?
What's the big idea?
你不愿意?
You are unwilling?
你见卡特干什么?
What do you want to see Carter for?
问他是否真的杀了莫利?
Ask him if he really murdered Morley?
是的
Yes.
你以为只要是他干的 他就会告诉你?
I suppose you think he'll tell you if he did.
他应该会告诉我的 会的
He might tell me, yes.
那只能意味着你多少掌握了
That can only mean that you've got hold of something
一些能证明他
that proves more or less conclusively
没杀人的决定性证据
that he didn't.
你得对我们公平点 波罗
You ought to play fair with us, Poirot.
我待你很公平 总督查
I am playing fair with you, Chief Inspector.
相信我
Believe me.
该死的谎言!
It's a damned lie!
是你掏钱让她这么说的
You paid her to say that.
生气和谩骂对你没好处 卡特先生
Anger and abuse will not help you, Monsieur Carter.
艾格尼丝会说出她看到的一切
Agnes is going to tell her story,
而且人们也会相信的
and it is going to be believed.
你当时站在楼梯上 艾格尼丝确实看见了你
You were on the stairs, Agnes did see you,
接着你也确实走进了莫利先生的房♥间
and you did go into the room of Monsieur Morley.
随后发生了什么?
What happened then?
撒谎!
It's a lie!
不
No.
这不是谎话
It is not a lie.
如果你没杀莫利先生
If you did not kill Monsieur Morley,
你唯一的希望就是告诉我
your only hope is to tell me the exact truth
那天早上发生的真♥相♥
of what happened that morning.
你让我失望的话 你会遭天谴的
God curse you if you let me down now.
我是进去了
I did go in.
我上楼后 等在了莫利上面的楼梯口
I went up the stairs and waited above Morley's landing
直到我确信只剩他一人
till I could be sure of getting him alone.
一个留胡子的男人走出来下了楼
Then a bearded gent came out and went down the stairs.
我刚下定决心准备进去
I was just making up my mind to go
另一个男人出来了 也下楼去了
when another gent came out and went down the stairs too.
我知道我必须得快些
I knew I had to be quick.
我继续往前走 没敲门就钻进了他房♥间
I went along and nicked into his room without knocking.
我准备好要跟他说个清楚
I was all set to have it out with him.
可他躺在那里死了
But he was lying there dead,
我看见他头上的枪眼
and I could see the bullet hole in his heed
黑色的口子还冒着污血
where a black crust of blood ran,
他是凉的
He was cold.
然后我明白我惹麻烦了
I knew I was in a jam then.
他们会说是我♥干♥的
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表