Ah.
这是干嘛 开会吗?
What is this, a convention?
日安 总督查
Good day, Chief Inspector.
也许吧
Maybe.
我们成立了自己的团队来对付此事
We've formed an association of our own to deal with this,
一个相关人员的联盟
a legion of interested parties.
噢 是吗?
Oh, yes?
可我认为那个老练的ABC还是会对付你
But I rather fancy old A.B.C. has done for you again.
哦 事实上 克拉克先生
Well, as a matter fact, Mr. Clarke,
我不得不表示反对
I must beg to differ.
我是说 如果我错了请予以纠正
I mean, correct me if I'm wrong,
可9号♥不是下星期三嘛 是吗?
but the 9th isn't until Wednesday of next week, is it?
那看来我们有充分的时间
And that seems to give us plenty of time
让新闻界发起宣传
to mount a publicity campaign in the press
也有足够的时间
and plenty of time
通知唐卡斯特的居民
to warn the inhnbitants of Doncaster,
特别是那些姓氏以字母D开头的人们
particularly those whose names begin with the letter D.
喔 显而易见你不是个体育爱好者
Well, it's easy to see you are not a sporting man,
总督查
Chief Inspector.
可如果你--
If, however you--
你是什么意思?
What do you mean?
下星期三是
Next Wednesday in the day
唐卡斯特举♥行♥圣莱杰赛马♥会♥的日子
the St. Leger is being run at Doncaster.
噢
Oh.
是啊 我对这事也感到奇怪
Yes, I was wondering about that.
要来杯茶吗 总督查?
Tea, Chief Inspector?
谢谢
Merci.
我是说 到时整个唐卡斯特就像个集市
I mean, the whole of Doncaster is like a fairground.
太巧妙了 可这还是想象出来的
C'est ingenieux.
他计划的聪明无比
He has planned this most cleverly.
我相信凶手会出现在赛马场上
It's my belief the murder will take place at the rececourse,
也许就在比赛中
perhaps actually while the Leger is beging run.
谢谢
Thank you.
是啊 当然 圣莱杰赛马使得情况变复杂了
Yes, well, of course, the St. Leger is a complication.
但是...
However...
我最好还是回局里吧
I better get back to the Yard.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
一切尽在掌控之中
Everything's under control.
我们对凶手一无所知
We don't know anything about the murderer,
而这就是问题所在
and that's the problem.
我们已经把知道的所有事情回想了一遍又一遍
We've gone over everything we do know again and again.
我们谈论过...
We've talked-
不是所有的事情 先生
Not everything, monsieur.
比如 这里的格雷小姐告诉我们
For instance, Mademoiselle Grey here
在卡迈克尔·克拉克爵士遇害当天
has told us that she did not see or speak to any stranger
她没看见也没和陌生人说过话
on the day that Sir Carmichael Clark was killed.
没错 我没有
That's right, I didn't.
但克拉克女士告诉我们 小姐
But Lady Clarke tells as, mademoiselle,
就在那一天 透过她的窗户
that on that day, from her windown,
她看到你站在花♥园♥门口
she saw you standing at the garden gates
和一个陌生男人在说话
speaking to a strange man.
一定是克拉克女士搞错了
Lady Clarke make a mistake.
我从未说--
I never spoke-
噢
oh
噢 我现在想起来了 太傻了...
Oh, I remember now. How stupid...
哦 可这无关紧要
Oh, but it wasn't iwportant.
那只是个来推销丝♥袜♥的人
Just one of those men who come around selling stockings.
你知道的 那些个退伍军人
You know, ex-army people.
他们都非常顽固
They're very persistent,
可他是那种毫无恶意的人
but he was quite a harmless sort of person.
我想这就是我把他忘了的原因
I suppose that's why I forgot about him.
长筒袜
Stockings.
长筒袜
Stockings.
长筒袜 长筒袜!
Stockings. Stockings!
对 长筒袜!
Ca vient! Stockings!
长筒袜! 这就是关联点
Stockings! That is the link.
你不记得了 黑斯廷斯 安多弗?
Do you not remember, Hastings, Andover?
小店后面的那间屋子?
The room behind the little shop?
椅背上 那双新的长筒丝♥袜♥?
Over the back of the chair, a pair of new silk stockings?
哦 是的 可--
Well, yes, but--
现在我知道了两天前
Now I remember what it was
是什么引起了我的注意
that aroused my attention two days ago.
是你 小姐
It was you, mademoiselle.
你提到过你母亲哭
You spoke of your mother who wept
是因为在案发当天的早晨
because, on the very day of the murder,
她刚给你妹妹买♥♥了
she had just bought for your sister
一双新的长筒丝♥袜♥
a pair of new silk stockings.
是的 是的 她确实买♥♥过
Yes. Yes, she did.
她说了些什么为那些
She said something about feeling sorry
挨家挨户到处推销的可怜男人感到难过
for those wretched men who to around selling door-to-door.
描述一下这个人
Describe this man.
我不能 我不...
I can't. I don't...
他戴着眼镜 我想 还穿着件寒酸的外套
He had glasses, I think, and a shabby overcoat.
仅此而已? 小姐
Mieux que ca, mademoiselle.
他有点驼背
He stooped.
我不知道
I don'tknow.
我几乎没怎么看他
I hardly looked at him.
他不是那种会引你关注的人
He wasn't the sort of man you'd notice.
啊!
Ah!
在这些话里 小姐
In those few words, mademoiselle,
隐藏着这些谋杀案的所有秘密
lies the whole secret of these murders.
他不是那种会引你关注的人
He wasn't the sort of man you'd notice.
噢 是的 这毋庸置疑
Oh, yes, there is no doubt about it.
你已描述出了凶手的模样
You have just described the murderer.
我在想 卡斯特先生 如果你吃完了你的...
I was wondering, Mr. Cust, if you'd finished your...
你还好吗 卡斯特先生?
You all right, Mr. Cust?
我只是有点不太舒服
I just feel a bit out of sorts.
噢 真对不起
Oh,I'm sorry.
那么你今天不出门吧?
You won't be going away today then?
噢 不
Oh, yes.
我必须去
I have to go.
我要去切尔滕纳姆
I'm going to Cheltenham.
噢 那儿很好
Oh, that's nice.
切尔滕纳姆是个好地方
Cheltenham's nice.
有些很不错的商店
Got some nice shops.
现在的新闻真可怕 不是吗?
Terrible, the news nowadays, isn'tit?
尽是关于那宗谋杀案的报道
Nnthinh but this murder business.
让我毛骨悚然
Gives me the creeps.
-我看都不看 - 不
-I don't read it. -No.
唐卡斯特-他说他的下一场谋杀就在那儿
Doncaster, he says his next murder's gonna be,
就在明天
if you please, and tomorrow.
如果我住在唐卡斯特我的名字又是以D开头的话
If I lived in Doncaster and my name began with a D,
我会乘头班车离开 我会的
I'd take the first train out, I would.
他们说会有几百个警♥察♥被派往那里...
For all the hundreds of police they say they're drafting in ..
卡斯特先生 你看起来很不对劲
Mr. Cust, you do look bad.
真的 现在 你今天不该外出旅行
Really, now, you oughtn't to go traveling today.
这很必要 马布里太太
It is necessary, Mrs. Marbury.
当我着手去干一件事时
When I undertake to do a thing,
我一定会全力以赴
I follow it through.
噢 好吧
Oh, well.
既然你这么说了 卡斯特先生
If you say so, Mr. Cust.
我真是个傻瓜!
What a fool I was!
我让你们都失望了
I've let you all down.
我从没有正眼看过他
I never really looked at him.
纵然我再次看见他
Even if I saw him again,
我可能也认不出来他
I probably wouldn't recognize him.
好了好了 小家伙
Now, now, petite.
别自寻烦恼了
Do not upset yourself.
到目前为止 运气一直都在凶手那边 没错
So far, the luck, it has been on the side of the murderer, yes,
可迟早 我相信它必定会
but sooner or laterr, I believe it most turn
转向我们的这边
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表