没办法才这么想
one grips at the straws.
但是告诉我 奥利维拉太太
But tell me, Madame Olivera,
布伦特先生的大姨子
the sister-in-lam to Monsieur Blunt,
她是个令人敬畏的女士 是吗?
she is une dame formidable, n'est-cepas?
噢 确实是
Oh, indeed.
奥利维拉太太是如何看待
How did Madame Olivera take
她妹妹和布伦特先生这场婚姻的?
to Monsieur Blunt marrying her sister?
我意思是 毕竟
I mean, after all,
他只是家族企业下的一个雇员
he was a mere employee of the family business.
我不明白“只是”是什么含义
I don't know about“mere.”
阿里斯泰尔是我们海外投资部门的头
Alistair was head of our overseas investments department.
但我不认为茱莉亚姑妈是这么看的
But I don't think Aunt Julia looked at it like that anyway.
很明显他们彼此爱得发狂
They were so obviously crazy about each other.
当然 除她以外没人知道她正经受着
Nobohy, of course, knew, but she was already suffering
一场四年后会让她致命的疾病
from the disease that killed her four years later.
一个悲剧
A tragedy.
是啊
Yes.
抱歉
Pardon.
我不该再耽误你的威尔第先生之约了
I must detain you no longer from your Monsieur Verdi.
阿恩霍尔特先生 我非常感谢你的耐心
Monsieur Arndult, I think you very much for your patience,
我也希望你能好好享受歌♥剧
and I hope that you enjoy the opera.
谢谢
Thank you.
不要牛奶 告诉内莉我被人叫走了
我的看法是
I formed the opinion
安布里奥提斯先生死于心脏衰竭
that Mr. Amberiotis died of heart failure
因大剂量的
caused by a large overdose
麻醉剂和肾上腺素所致
of a novocaine and adrenaline mixture.
我了解到 那位当天早些时候治疗过
The dentist who treated Mr. Amberiotis earlier
安布里奥提斯先生的牙医
on the day of his death
现在他本人也死了
is now himself dead, I understand.
是的 先生
So I understand, sir.
谢谢 班尼特医生
Thank you, Dr. Bennett.
谢谢
Thank you.
好的 看来没什么疑点 先生们
Well, there doesn't seem much doubt, gentlemen,
这是一起事故致死的案件
that this is a case of accidental death,
一起非常不幸的案件
a very unfortunate case.
是莫利先生不慎开给了他病人
Did Mr. Morley accidentally give his patient
大剂量的麻醉剂呢?
too large a dose of the anesthetic?
还是安布里奥提斯先生对药物有不寻常的反应?
Or did Mr. Amberiotis have an unusual reaction to it?
鉴于当前莫利先生本人已死
Since Mr. Morley is now himself dead,
在这案子上我们也许不会再有答案
we shall never have the answer to this.
然而 这是你们应尽的职责
Nevertheless, it is your duty, of course,
陪审团的各位先生 在你们作出裁决以前
gentlemen of the jury, to consider all possibilities
请考虑好所有的可能
before you arrive at your verdict.
但是我必须提醒你们 在判定为意外死亡之前...
But I must remind you that before...
从周二起 就没有人见过
Nobody's seen hide nor hair of Miss Sainsbury Seals
塞恩斯伯里·希尔小姐的踪迹了
since Tuesday.
这么好的一个女人 而且 她在这儿好像待的很开心
Such a nice type of woman, and she seemed so happy here.
我不想让您操心 长官
I wouldn't have bothered you with this, sir,
但我记得她是另一件案子的证人
but I remember she'd been a witness in that other case.
非常正确 贝多斯
No, quite right, Beddoes.
她为什么会失踪呢?
Why should she disappear?
这很奇怪 你承认了?
It is curious, ysu admit?
她又没什么有趣之处 知道吗?
There was nothing funny about her, you know?
我给加尔各答发过电报
A cable to Calcutta.
昨晚收到了回复
Got the reply back last night.
她当演员时去过那里 后来找了份好工作
She went out there as an actress and then took to good works.
显然与传教士们来往甚密
Got hand in glove with the missionaries, apparently.
是那种我称之为讨厌的女人
What I call a terrible woman
但绝不是能和谋杀扯上关系的类型
but definitely not the type to get mixed up in a murder.
你找到什么了?
You gut anything?
长筒袜
Stockings.
10英寸 廉价丝
Ten-inch, cheap silk.
价格: 大约2先令11便士
Price: probably 2 shillings and 11 pence.
你不是在为遗物估价 波罗
You're not valuing for probate, Poirot.
波罗先生
Mr. Poirot.
奈维尔小姐
Mademoiselle Neville.
真是令人愉快的惊喜!
What a pleasant surprise.
很抱歉这样打扰你
I'm so sorry to worry you like this,
但我必须见你
but I had to see you.
我对今早的审讯感到很不安
I was very upset by the inquest this morning.
不会发生他们说的那种事
It couldn't happen the way they said it did
我是说 给病人过量用药
giving a patient an overdose, I mean.
牙医都养成了机械式的
The dentists get into the habit
按规定剂量配药的习惯
of giving the regulation amount automatically.
但你没在验尸法庭上这么说
But you did not say this in the coroner's court.
我担心只会火上浇油
I was afraid of making things worse.
人们可能以为他是故意的
People might think he did it deliberately.
我明白
I see.
我们能深入讨论一下吗?
Shall we discuss this further?
来吧
Come.
我想要更多的了解一些
I should like to know a little bit more
那天你收到的那份让你离开的电报
about the telegram you received calling you away on that day.
你自己有没有什么想法?
Do you yourself have any ideas on the subject?
真的没有
Not really.
弗兰克 我的朋友
Frank, my friend,
指责我那天请假是为了和别人去约会
accused me of wanting to go off for the day with somebody else.
他近来喜怒无常 还疑神疑鬼的
He's been very moody and suspicious lately.
我想是因为丢了工作
Just losing his job
又没找到其它工作的缘故吧
and not being able to get another one, I suppose.
当他发现你那天外出时
And he was upset, was he not, to discover
他很不安 是吗?
that you had gone away on that day?
是的
Yes.
你知道吗 他来是告诉我
You see, he'd come round to tell me
他得到了一份不平凡的新工作
how he'd got this marvelous new job,
每周10英镑
£10 a week.
他想让我立刻知道
He wanted me to know right away.
那么这份新工作是什么呢?
And what is it, this new job?
噢 具体细节我还不知道
Oh, well, I don't know all the details.
什么政♥府♥部门吧
Some government department.
我不得不按伦敦的住址给他写信
I haven to write to his London address,
可信件被转寄了
and the letters get forwarded.
你不觉得有点奇怪吗?
Does that not seem to you to be a little strange?
我是这么想的
Well, I thought so,
但弗兰克说如今这样的事很平常
but Frank says it's often done nowadays.
我很想见见你的这位朋友 小姐
I should like to meet this friend of yours, mademoiselle.
他只有周日有空
His only free day is Sunday.
他整个礼拜都去了乡下
He's away is the country all week.
很好 明天就是周日
Eh bien, tomorrow is Sunday.
我已经听够了莫利之死的事
I'm fed up with earing about Morley's death,
老实说
to be quite honest.
这事没什么好奇怪的
There wasn't anything so wonderful about him
我觉得
that I could see.
告诉我 卡特先生
Tell me, Monsieur Carter,
你那天为什么会在哈利街?
why were you in Harley Street that day?
我在候诊室里见过你
I saw you there in the waiting room.
好吧
All right.
我打算告诉莫利
I was gonna tell Morley
试图将我和格拉迪斯分开这件事
that this business of putting Gladys against me
已经够久了 况且我已经有了份好工作
had gone on long enough, that I'd landed a good job,
所以是时候让她考虑
and that it was about time she handed in her notice
有关嫁妆的事了
a thought about a trousseau.
可实际上你没把这些事告诉他?
But you did not actually tell him these things?
我已经在那昏暗阴冷的屋里呆腻了
I got fed up with waiting in that dingy mausoleum,
所以我走了
so I left.
你是什么时候离开的?
At what time did you leave?
我不记得了
I can't remember.
我要出发了 比赛马上就开始了
I've got to get going, the march mill he starting soon.
很高兴见到你 卡特先生
It has been a great pleasure to meet you, Monsieur Carter.
而且 我很高兴得知你有了新工作
and, yes, I am delighted to hear about your new job.
工作很有趣 不是吗?
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表