只是我们还没发现
We just haven't found it yet.
不
No.
我们四处碰壁
We hit our heads against a stone brick.
这些人之间没有任何关联
There is no connection.
肯定有的!
There most be.
我说没有 黑斯廷斯
I say no, Hastings.
无论如何 这些人之间没有任何联♥系♥
There is no cnnnnntinn whatever between these people
除去他们姓名的开头是
except that their names begin
字母表里的某些字母以外
with certain letters of the alphabet.
我们已经调查了
We have searched the background
受害者和嫌犯的背景
of the victims and of the suspects
以便从中寻找联♥系♥
for any other connection.
黑斯廷斯一无所获
Hastings can find nothing.
苏格兰场一无所获
Scotland Yard can find nothing.
甚至于我也一无所获
Even I can find nothing.
不 我们是在浪费我们的时间
No, we are wasting our time
因为不会有任何发现
because there in nothing to find.
你是说这些人
You mean those people
与凶手素不相识?
were complete strangers to the murderer?
正是 黑斯廷斯
-Précisement, Hastings.
选择这些人只是出于他对字母表的偏执
Chosen only because of his mania for the alphabet.
看完了吗?
Finished with that?
是的
Yes.
恶劣的勾当 嗯?
Nasty business, eh?
是啊 非常恶劣
Yes, very.
你永远也无法了解那些疯子 是吗?
You never know with lunatics, do you?
他们平常看起来又不傻
They don't always look barmy.
有时他们看上去就和你我一个样
Sometimes they can look just like you and me.
是的 我想他们是这样的
Yes, I suppose they can.
事实如此 有时因为战争或什么事
Now, sometimes it's the war or something,
导致他们再也无法♥正♥常
and they've never been right since.
我并不赞成战争
I don't hold with wars.
我并不赞成瘟疫 昏睡症
I don't hold with plague and sleeping sickness
饥荒和癌症 可它们照样会出现
and famine and cancer, but they happen all the same.
啊 但战争是可以防止的
Ah, but war's preventable.
-Shh!
噢 我很抱歉 先生
Oh,I'm sorry, sir.
我想你还沉浸在战争之中吧
I expect you was in the war.
是的 是的 是的
Yes, yes. Yes, I was.
而且它总是...
And it did...
让我不得安宁
unsettle me.
-他们都来了 -啊
-They're all here. -Ah.
-你买♥♥了什么? -饼干
-What did you get? -Biscuits.
那么我们都到齐了 嗯?
And so we all are assembled,eh?
让我们从你开始吧 德劳尔小姐
Let us begin with you, Mademoiselle Drower.
你最后一次和你姨妈见面是什么时候?
When were you last in contact with your aunt?
我那时已经两周没见到姨妈了 先生
I hadn't seen Auntie for a fortnight, sir.
但我当时收到了她的一封信 就在她去世的两天前
I'd had a letter from her, thnegh, two days previous.
啊 现在 这些事实能使我们从中获得
Ah, now these are just the sort of facts
一条至关重要的线索 嗯?
which could provide a clue that is vital, eh?
现在 我确信你们所有人可能都有一些
Now, I believe that you all may have some information
你们没意识到的信息
that you are out aware that you have.
你还保留着那封信吗?
Did you keep that letter?
没有 先生 可我还记得里面的内容
No, sir, but I remember what it said.
她说那个老魔鬼不断骚扰她
She said the old devil had been‘round,
她用刻薄话把他气走了
and she'd sent him off with a flea in his ear.
她还说她希望我周三能过去--
And she said she expected me over on the Wednesday
那是我的假期 先生
that's my day out, sir
还说我们去拍照
and said we'd go to the pictures.
因为我快要过生日了 先生
It was going to be my birthday, sir.
我很抱歉 先生
I'm sorry, sir.
我不该像个傻瓜一样
I don't mean to be silly.
只是一想到她这么期盼我们的聚会
It's just the thought of her looking forward to our treat.
总是这些小事让人浮想联翩
It's always the little things that get one.
尤其像是一次款待或一件礼物之类的事
Especially anything like a treat or a present.
贝蒂死时也发生了这样的事
same thing happened when Betty died.
妈妈给她买♥♥了些长筒袜作为礼物
Mum had bought her some stockings as a present.
其实就在那天早晨
That very morning in fact.
可怜的妈妈
Poor mum.
我看见她对着那堆丝♥袜♥痛哭
Found her crying over them.
她一遍遍地说着“这是我为贝蒂买♥♥的
She kept saying,“I bought them for Betty,
可她连看都没看到”
and she never even saw them.”
看来 嗯...
Look, uh...
我们这里所有人都想
All of us here have an interest
让凶手得到惩罚
in bringing the murderer to book.
如果我们能齐心协力一起追捕那家伙?
Suppose we join forces to try and track the fellow down?
我相信有波罗先生和警♥察♥就足够了
I'm sure Mr. Poirot and the police are quite capable.
哦 就我而言
Well, speaking for myself,
我从不会因受到帮助而感到自豪
I am never too proud to accept a little help.
格雷小姐 当你回到德文郡后
Mademoiselle Grey, when you return to Devon,
当你回忆起
and you think back to the day
卡迈克尔·克拉克爵士被杀的那天
that Sir Carmichael Clarke was killed,
你也许会记起在村子周围见过一个陌生人?
you may perhaps remember seeing around the village a stranger.
没有
No.
我确信我没见过
I know I didn't.
无论如何 我还是离开彻斯顿为好
Anyway, I've left Churston for good.
眼下,格雷小姐好心的留下来帮我打点一切
Now, Miss Grey kindly stayed on to help me clear things up,
可是 她当然更喜欢在伦敦工作
but, naturally, she prefers a post in London.
我明白了
I see.
卡拉克女士怎样了?
How is Lady Clarke?
哦 很糟糕
Oh, pretty bad.
顺便问一下 波罗先生
By the way, Mr. Poirot,
不知您是否可以找个理由
I wonder if you could see a way to running down
去看她一趟?
and paying her a visit?
在我离开之前 她表示希望见到您
Before I left, she expressed a desire to see hoe.
当然可以 卡拉克先生
Mais certainement, Monsieur Clarke.
你认为他们的协作会有用吗?
Do you think their cooperation will lead to anything?
也许吧
It in passible.
知道吗 黑斯廷斯
You know, Hastings,
我一直感觉到
I cannot rid my mind
在今天下午的对话中
of the impression that something was said
有些很重要的东西
this afternoon that was significant.
啊 真怪!
Ah, it is odd.
我还无法确定
I cannot pin it down exactly.
可是在我脑中闪过的念头
But something passed through my mind
提醒了我 有某样东西是我曾经
that reminded me of that which I had already seen
听过或注意到过的
or heard or noted.
唉 我会想起来的
It will come to me.
有什么不对劲吗 黑斯廷斯?
Something is the matter, Hastings?
啊? 不不不不
Eh? No, no, no, no.
其实我只是在想“D”
I was just thinking about D, as a matter of fact.
下一宗谋杀?
For the next murder?
是的
Yes.
我想他正躲在某处
I mean, is he out there somewhere,
暗中策划着?
planning it?
单想想就会让你发抖
Gives you the shivers just to think about it.
“ABC谋杀案
“A.B.C.murders.
黑斯廷斯上尉说”
Captain Hastings speaks.”
波罗 我--
Poirot, I--
“在第三宗谋杀案--
“After third murder
遭残忍♥杀害的百万富翁
“the brutal slaying of millionaire
卡迈克尔·克拉克爵士之后”
“Sir Carmichael Clarke,
“波罗先生境况堪忧”
“Monsieur Poirot taken grave viem situation,'
“黑斯廷斯上尉如是说”
says Captain Hastings.”
“安多弗 贝克斯希尔 彻斯顿...”
“Andover,Bexhill, Churston...
“ABC下次又会攻向何处?”
“Where will A.B.C. strike next?
“波罗先生成功在望
“Monsieur Poirot on eve of success,'
黑斯廷斯上尉如是说”
says Catain Hastings.”
好了 波罗 我没说过那些话
Okay, Poirot,I didn't say all those things.
我知道 黑斯廷斯
I know, Hastings.
通常 在口述之言和笔录之词之间
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表